Old 03-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Jenny ~ OMG...I live in Billerica!!! That's too funny!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #92  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Happy St. Patrick's everyone!!!

Unfortunately, Roy DID get me sick with a cold and I can't go to spinning - I don't want to get anyone else sick, and I don't feel like dying on the bike with a cough and a sore throat. I don't think I can go tomorrow either, as I'm sure I'll be nursing a hangover lol.

I'm having some friends over tonight to celebrate our Irish pride. I'm making a small batch of Irish Potatoes (a slightly modified recipe which should knock off some calories - when made regularly they're about 60 calories per potato) because mine are famous for being so good lol.

I'm hoping in a little bit my Dayquill will kick in so I can take the dog for a walk - it's GORGEOUS out today. It's going to be 65!!!! And tomorrow is going to be 68!!! Spring is finally HERE!

Have a great day ladies!

Erin Go Bragh! And Sláinte to your celebrations!

ETA: Congrats on those that turned down food, thanks Jess for the encouragement - we DO have this , congrats on the losses, don't sweat the gains, and welcome to new faces!

Oh, also, I went hiking yesterday as a double date with the boy and two of our friends that are dating in the Pine Barrens and we found Apple Pie Hill! It was really fun I heart hiking!

Last edited by platformnine; 03-17-2010 at 08:34 AM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #93  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm going to say it once, and not say it again - St. Patrick wasn't Irish, he was a Roman slave brought over to England who then became famous for persecuting all non-Christians and converting the ones they didn't kill in what is now Ireland. There...I said it

Anywhoo -

Jules - That's it! I was considering trying it as well, once my traveling is over this month. And as far as the pedometer goes, I had to use a $10 one for health class, it wasn't so bad but you have to take steps to set it for your gait. I have no idea how to do it (this was like 8 years ago) but that's what makes it not suck.

Jess - My friend Jessie (hehe) does this program through her gym - she monitors her fat grams and not her calories. It works for her, so I guess there's something behind it. Since I did Alli, I'm very wary of high fat foods (except for those Egg McMuffins /rubs tummy) which is why calories work best for me, but the concept seems to have some science behind it.

Okay, so I completely ignored my alarms this morning and didn't work out. Will do tonight, right after I get back. I'm hoping this doctor cancels on me. Currently I have a meeting with her for 4:30, but that's iffy. Here's hoping!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Stella- I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to cancel... I couldnt fall asleep last night... I blame Millionaire Matchmaker and Rosanne....

Mary- Feel better

Jess- You would complete my life with a mac and cheese recipe... it has seriously been forever...I tried to comment on your blog about it but it wouldnt let me cuz I'm not a boy haha... the boys love your blog

Good Morning all of you other lovely ladies... I forgot to eat breakfast so I'm just now eating....its such a beautiful day today..maybe the little guy and I will take a walk...but he hates the stroller... hmmm
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #95  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Finally, the scale moved today!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Haley - It wouldn't let you?! Hm, try now. If it doesn't work still, let me know what page so I can fix it. I want to hear your input! And suggestions You have to enter a name and email though, but it's most likely my blog being stupid. Try again and let me know the page.

Stella - I monitor both. I mean, I would ditch fat first before I ditched calorie counting. I just NEED to know how much total I'm putting in the bod. Anal retentiveness at its worse. Have a good workout!
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #97  

God works in funny ways - if I needed motivation to stay on plan (*cough* get back on plan) while I'm sick, I got it.

Down to 159 today!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Jess- it wouldnt actually let me type my name in that was the problem and so it yelled at me for not having a name haha... I became a follower and everything... It was just going to literally say please make mac and cheese
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #99  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yay for Nicole and Sam!!

Jess - I think years of conditioning has kept me from eating high fat foods, plus my stomach can't tolerate them, so its not something I really track, aside from looking at the little graphs on fitday. Because graphs are pretty.

Haley - Go for a walk for the both of us! Maybe the little guy will be so excited that its nice out he won't cry?

Speaking of high fat foods, I'm addicted to almonds. This is good, because I don't eat fish so I get my omega 3's, but its bad because for 20 almonds its like 160 calories. I'm trying to stagger them through the day, due to previously mentioned stomach issues, but man this is hard...

Next business trip - I'm not bringing one big ziploc bag with almonds, instead I'll just bring 3 smaller ones with the right portions, so I'm not sitting here seeing a full bag and thinking OOH I WANT MORE. /willpower.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Which section was it in, the recipes one?

And congrats to being out of the 160s Nicole!
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #101  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Aliquot & Nicole - Congrats on those losses! Send some of those happy losing vibes my way, okay?

Jess - That's awesome that you do the bench press - I'm always to scared to do the free weights! Maybe some day I'll actually set up the free appt with a personal trainer that my gym gives you.

Mary - Have fun at your party tonight - it sounds awesome!

So, I didn't make it to the gym this morning I was pretty tired, but I'm not too worried about it because I'm taking two hours of dance class tonight, so I should be fine on the exercise front.

I also didn't do that great on the eating front last night - the girl who was hosting our dinner club made lamb burgers with feta, basil and sundried tomatoes, plus spiced macaroni and cheese and it was DELICIOUS. I tried to be more aware of my body's hunger/satiety feelings and I was able to identify when I was full. Unfortunately, I looked at the burger and said you're wayyyy to tasty to stop now, so I kept eating Definitely need to work on that!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #102  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Whew.. glad I'm not the only one that didn't get up and exercise this morning.. I had trouble going to sleep and then I work up from a sore throat. I hope its from sleeping with my mouth open or the fan blowing in my face and NOT because I am getting sick. Can't miss work right now.

I made sure to wear green today.. didn't want my students pinching me all day long! A few came by this morning to borrow some green paint and painted stripes on their cheeks.. haha.

Tonight my DH gets home from his week at work, so we are going to go eat. I am excited!!!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #103  
Workin' on it...

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Happy St. Patty's everyone! I had intended to get up and walk this morning, but I think I over did it yesterday...my legs still felt like jello and the bed was so cozy... ;D Thinking of taking the pups for a walk this evening.

I WI this morning and had to get back on 3 times to believe it. 168. I haven't been in that range in 3 years!!! My mini goal was to get into the 160s by the end of March, so I am super thrilled! I was holding my breath following a Chipotle trip for lunch yesterday (thanks hubby :-/). I tried to be very smart in my selections, but that place is a killer no matter what!
MisplacedMyHailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #104  

Thanks Stella, Jess, and Smisen! I'm really thrilled to be out of the 160s! Hopefully it sticks :-)

MisplacedmyHailo - Congratulations!! That's so exciting :-) Chipotle is awesome, lol. Some people from my work go there all the time - I just stick to 2 hard tacos (indivduals, no meal for me!) with meat, beans, lettuce, tomato, and salsa! Delicious - and pretty light on calories

I had leftovers for lunch, and I'm hoping I can find the strength to be good at dinner! I'm debating a salad vs making some chicken curry soup. I get the feeling the soup could help my sore throat, but may have more calories than I'd like :-)
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #105  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Chipotle doesn't have to be terrible... http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php...ion_calculator
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote