Old 03-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #61  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Kelli - and this may offend people, but I'm sorry - I think all that you can't eat this and you can't eat that crap is BS. Eat what you want, what makes you happy, just stick within calories. Weight loss = calories in < calories out.
Yes, you should AIM for lower fat, fruits/veggies, etc, but this is a lifestyle change. I'm a firm believer that you need to do things in a way that you can maintain for your entire life. I love carbs. Love them. They're fuel, and I feel like crap if I cut them out. While low carb may work for some, it doesn't work for me, and we should all do what's best for us.

Last week when I was sick, I didn't want to eat b/c I couldn't taste anything - so I had lots of McDonald's. Are chicken mcnuggets the best thing to put in my body? No, but I wanted a lot of fat (or so my body told me) and I wanted something I could taste (hello salt) and I'm still down this week, because I kept within my calories. Do I make a habit of that? Heck no, but that's because I still want a functional liver by the time I'm 30

And yes, I've read the success stories too, and while inspiring, I know I'll never be able to live my life like that without any "cheat meals" or luxury food items, so I learn how to incorporate them now so I'm not yo-yo dieting my whole life.

/steps down off soap box.

Jenny - I always used Saturdays as my high calorie days - I exercised more (this was in the summer so I'd spin, elliptical and swim) but the other reason was because I tended to go out to eat more on the weekends, and that alone will give you higher calorie foods. Treat yourself to ice cream, or something like that. I was never good at eating more volume of low calorie foods, mostly because I just couldn't tolerate a high volume. This was also when I would get the Chocolate Decadence cereal from Trader Joe's and have 2 bowls of that - SO good...

Last edited by stellarosa27; 03-16-2010 at 11:15 AM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #62  
Samantha417

Hey ladies! I don't have time for personals today, just checking in!
I have a psycholinguistics test tomorrow..i know, even the word makes me cringe, so i'll pretty much be cray cray today. I have to work 5-10 tonight too...so I only have about 5 hours to study. BOO.

My alarm didn't go off this morning for my 8am too, I got a text from my roommate at 7:15 asking me if I was going to class. CRAP!! I've never gotten ready so quickly in my life!!

The scale went back up to 149.2 today...but I literally sweated BUCKETS in the gym today so maybe I should give it another shot. I ran 3 miles today!! WHOO!!

I'm off to take my icky self to the shower now and then study for hours...have a nice day!!

Edit: Just before I stepped into the shower I hopped up on the scale, 148.0!!!!! I swear my optimal weigh in time is after gyming which is after my first class when I've already eaten breakfast. So odd!

Last edited by Samantha417; 03-16-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #63  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Kelli - Absolutely, 100% second what Stella said. I'm reading this fantastic book right now called "Am I Hungry?" and it goes a lot into learning to recognize your body's needs, instead of cutting out certain foods because they're "bad". If this really is a lifestyle change, there's no way I can see it working without me eating chocolate cake every once in awhile
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #64  
Brighter than the moon!

Yay I got hungry!!!

I was all ready to just have a hummus plate for lunch, then my stomach grumbled and I was like YES YES YES. Turkey sandwich, there I went. Turkey on wheat with lettuce, tomato and hummus /rubs tummy.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #65  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Jess- Awesome job on the 9 minute mile! A 10K I am definitely down for; I've done them before...it's just this half is coming up so soon and I'm only at 8 miles and I don't have that long to train, so I really don't know what would happen. But I'm leaning towards doing it.
ETA: I love your brackets! Some of those are my goals, too--esp being able to do a pull-up. We should do a pull-up challenge Right now I can do 6 pull-ups with 40lbs of assistance, so I'm lifting 90-95lbs.

Jenny- I eat 2000 cals a day all the time!!

Stella- Look at you, you're almost at that mini-goal! You are going to make it this month without a doubt!

Jazz- the wildflowers sound gorgeous! We're getting a few green shoots around here but not much yet. There are still snow piles in my yard.

The bf is finally taking me out this restaurant I've wanted to go to for a while, and this is the menu: http://www.irisescafe.com/HTML/MENUS/DINNER/DINNER.html. I am so excited!

Last edited by forestroad; 03-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #66  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

You guys make me want to count calories... dang!

Samantha
- thank god for roommates texting you. Good luck on your test, that sounds like a whole lot of not so much fun.

Smisen - I know there are a lot of books out like that right now. It's amazing what happens when you start to really listen to your body and what it needs. Although, I typically have to figure out if its my emotions wanting to eat or if its my body wanting to.

Forest - holy cow! That looks AWESOME!!!!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #67  
Brighter than the moon!

Forest - my fingers are crossed that its going to happen in the next 2 weeks And that restaurant looks amazing!!

Feral - Come over to the dark side....muahahahaha.

Ok. I'm done with today. I've been up since 445am. I'm tired, my eyes are dry (still drinking water) and all I can think about is my midterm. Only 1 more hour, then I get to work out, order room service (yeeeesssss) and bang out some awesome public health essays...
Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Stella ~ Good luck with your midterm!!!!

Samantha ~ I find that I need to weigh in after gymming/breakfast too. If I just get on the scale first thing when I wake up, I'm usually up around a pound or so heavier. So, maybe technically, my weigh in isn't necessarily legit, but it makes me feel better LOL

THE SUN IS FINALLY OUT!!!! We've had torrential downpours here since Friday pretty much and a good majority of my town is flooded. Since so many roads were closed yesterday due to the floods, my friend said she had to go through 3 different towns just to get to the other side of our town! Crazy!!! But it's sunny and warm and only supposed to get warmer this week

Also, I bought "Dark Chocolate Dreams" peanut butter that I saw at Whole Foods (but bought it at Christmas Tree Shop for $2 cheaper..haha). I just had it as part of a snack and although I hyped up it's amazingness more in my head than it actually was, it wasn't too bad. I feel like it would be awesome with banana slices! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #69  

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls Just quickly popping in to say HELLO. I promised to stick with you guys this time, I actually have poor results if I don't stick to 3FC. I'm making Friday mornings my official weigh in days, I have been walking this week, it feels GREAT to exercise again.... it's been a long time.
Hope you are all having a fabulous day
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #70  
Brighter than the moon!

You know - when I saw my item on the room service menu it said "special dessert." I assumed that this meant a cookie, something small, since it was coming along with the entree and salad and it wasn't all that expensive. Now, imagine my surprise when my stir fry arrives, with the nice little house salad, and there's a huge a$$ piece of coconut cake next to it. Really, Hilton!? Was that NECESSARY!?

The good news - I didn't eat the whole thing...I ate more than 50% of it, but not the whole thing

Now my stomach is very happy. I was actually pretty starving, so I'm going to say, its okay, and get up tomorrow and work out.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #71  

Height: 5'9"

Stella - Good job on NOT eating the entire thing, that would have been a very difficult task me for!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Stella ~ I think you're stomach is finally getting back to normal and it was probably craving more calories because of the light meals you've been having while sick. But coconut cake sounds delicious
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #73  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

hello, my loves!

so i weighed myself today after dinner and i was 152.5. i think i'm officially down 4 lbs. only 6 more to go until i'm at my original goal (...again). i'm getting my butt in gear though. i turned down tasteycakes today...for you non-philly/ny area friends, they're amazing hostess-esque cakes only heavenly. i NEVER turn down tasteycakes. EVER. i was proud of myself, because i didn't even crave them after turning them down. kinda threw me off.

anyway, life is going well. i had a few disagreements with the boy between saturday and sunday, but he came over yesterday and we talked...then he got all bundled up in my comfy fluffy purple robe and i gave him a facial and a massage. hehe. (i have this anti-acne facial he does for me like once a week cuz my skin is terrible, so i figure i'd return the favor). of course, he fell asleep before i was done, so we were both out cold before 9pm last night...which made me happy too. haha.

tomorrow i'm going line dancing again. going to learn another dance, so i'll know 4 the next time i go out. i can't wait until i know enough that i can dance the whole night rather than waiting for my 2 songs to come on.

anywho, i've got some papers to grade. hope everyone is well!!!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Zomg, coconut cake. That would be too hard to resist. I walked into a bakery today and good things the cupcakes didn't look too tempting.

Stella - Yep, that's my mentality too. The reason why I failed in the past is because I'd restrict myself to only eating certain foods (like chicken) and not venturing out past my comfort zone and I'd get bored. And boredom sucks. So then I'd go out and eat some crazy and then not gain a thing for a month so then that month turns into a bajillion and BAM. I love carbs too. I hate low carb diets. I have a whole evolutionary view on it too but I'll spare you guys my belief haha.

Forest - I was reading some blog yesterday, some runner one, and the guy was saying how there are ULTRA marathons. Holy CRAP. I think I'm gonna do a 10K, and set my sights on a half, and then there's the SD Rock 'n Roll Marathon that I would love to do. But that's it for me. I think. The next race after a marathon is like a 50K then 50 MILES. That's INSANE. And I'm down for the pull-up challenge but I can't pull that much yet, at least I don't think. I have yet to figure out how to use that pull-up machine thing. Enlighten me. Are the weights you set assistance? So like...let's say I put 90 pounds, that means I'd be pulling 110 (since I'm 200)? There's always loads of people on it at the gym here so I haven't been able to squeeze in a try yet.

Where's Haley at? I want to tell her again that her pics were AWESOME!
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #75  

Stella and Jess:

I'm the same way. I can't handle a diet where I'm told X, Y, or Z is off limits. I try to eat enough fruits and vegetables every day, but I don't stress if I'm really craving pasta or chocolate. I just fit it in and move on :-)
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote