Old 03-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #31  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Mondays suck a$$.

That is all.

Last edited by Feral; 03-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #32  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #33  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post

omg those pics are great i love the rainbow
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #34  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Feral - Pretty pictures! I love the beach. Just hate getting in the water... scared something will eat me!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Pretty rainbow!!! Although I like seeing something that isn't torrential downpours!! I am so freaking sick of the rain. It's been raining nonstop since Saturday morning. Thankfully it's going to be close to 70 by the end of the week at least.

Kelli ~ I am totally with you. I don't mind pools, but I hate the ocean. The thought of something else swimming with me that is not part of the human race skeeves me out!!! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #36  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Feral - oooh pretty. What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

Chele - yup. My annual trip to Boston! I usually stay right in the theatre district, down the street from Boston Common. Its about a 10 minute cab ride from where I need to be, but its one of the few places I travel that I can and am comfortable going outside and taking a walk. I <3 Boston.

Alright. Seriously. My appetite is gone. I just forced myself to eat chocolate cheerios for dinner. I hate that when I get upset, it goes to my stomach. This sucks. I mean, at least its not binge eating, but darnit. I LIKE FOOD I WANT TO EAT. Grr..
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Stella ~ It's going to be close to 70 here at the end of this week....so hopefully the nice weather stinks around for when you're here so you can wander around the Common!

So, what does it mean when you get stomach spasms while doing sit ups? I almost feel like I'm having a charley horse in my stomach if I do any more than like 30 sit ups....feels likeTOM cramps to the nth degree!!!

I did some online diagnosing and it's looking like I might not have enough magnesium in my diet. So I am going to do some more research on that.

Last edited by Chele615; 03-15-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #38  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Feral- great pics! I love the beach...I used to go to OBX which was great but then my folks got the place in SSI which is nice too but there is absolutely no surf. Sometimes on really windy days we get surf on Champlain, but, well then it's really windy lol.

So I was going to sign up for the Middlebury Maple Run half marathon and then looked at last years finishers, and based on my pace, I would finish about 150 of 180, all age groups. I know I should do it anyway, but now I don't wanna
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #39  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Forest - do it. Place doesn't matter, finishing does
I know someone who did the NYC marathon, but signed up for a mile group higher than what she could do - she said because everyone else was running faster, it caused her to run faster. I think you should so do it.

This midterm sucks.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #40  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Forest - Second what Stella said. My first 5k I finished 156/156 - at one point, I was jogging in the middle of two groups of walkers going the exact same pace they were. But I finished, and that's something I never thought I'd be able to do. Yeah, it's embarrassing, but at the end of the day, you're doing something positive for yourself that 99% of the rest of the people in the world won't do. And, as an added bonus, the next race you do is pretty much guaranteed to have a better result

Feral - Beautiful pics!! How cool is that

Stella - Hugs about the midterm - I remember how much school sucks Safe travels!!

As for me, today was better than last week. I made it to the gym before work for a pretty challenging running workout, stayed on plan eating and drinking-wise at work and got more work done than I did most of last week in total. The only slip up was after dinner - DF and I had a tiny little fight and I wound up eating the 1 1/2 brioches he brought home last night (must talk to him about that - just because we have a friend who works at a bakery doesn't mean I need the leftovers!). I looked it up and that's maybe an extra 400 calories, which wasn't necessary, but won't kill me either.

Tomorrow will be another day on track. I'm going to get up and do some yoga, blow dry my hair and then stay on plan during the day and at our Tuesday night dinner club. See - I put it down in writing, that means it has to come true, right?

Last edited by smisen; 03-15-2010 at 09:53 PM.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Chele - I get those stomach spasms...BAD, its like a charley horse in the stomach...wow - I'm glad its not only me (altho I don't wish that pain upon anyone) I went to the doctor and everything but all my tests came back normal and they thought it was a hernia, but its not...and your telling me, it might be something to do with magnesium?? Can you please let me know what you find out? I am really interested!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #42  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey.. can you guys that are calorie counters give me examples of what you eat in a day? I keep reading things that contradict one another. One person you shouldn't eat "blah" then another person says its ok to eat "blah". Or you shouldn't eat a carb for breakfast, then one says its ok. Its just so freaking frustrating! I have lost 10lbs. so far.. which isn't THAT much, but its a start. I just want to make sure I'm doing this thing right! I think I am becoming too obsessed
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #43  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Good evening everyone!

I can't believe it's Monday already... wtf happened to the weekend??

Feral: Those pictures are gorgeous, even if it was a little overcast. I think that rainbow is beautiful, and that's so cool that you were able to see that when you looked back. I am also soooo thankful for an extra hour of light! This time of year is so exciting!

Samantha: I'm a Lady Gaga fan too -- have you seen the video for Telephone? All of her video's are interesting... I like 'em, but they are different.

Jess: Jealous of your sunburn actually! I have a few more months here before I can get sunburned.

shan: I'm interesting in your cute haircut! I don't think I could go that short because of my kind of hair, but I think it's a super cute cut!

Haley: You rebel you! Getting kicked outta bars! Glad you had so much fun!

Chele & JennyG: I'm interested too! I felt like I had those same type of cramps last night... I also get seriously sick to my stomach if I don't eat anything right away in the morning. There are some people that can get up and do stuff and not eat, but that has to be the first thing I do when I get up (after brushing my teeth of course!)

Kelli: I used to count calories all the time and I guess I never knew there were rules. I'd like to know too then so I can keep myself on the right track for the right goals. I just have a problem remembering to right everything down...

Me:
Work was really busy today -- which is a good thing because that means that I get a lot of movement done. All that walking and energy that I put out today made me realize that I wanted to keep track of it, so I bought a pedometer today. I'm really eager to wear it tomorrow and see how much I actually walk in a day while at work. I thought about getting one that had a heart rate on it too, because a lot of my job is restraining animals, so since I'm usually sitting in once place doing that, it won't count my steps, so there are calories burned doing the restraining that I'd like to know where a HR monitor would be handy.

I started counting again today too. My weight has stayed stable since yesterday (out of the 140's!) but I feel EXTREMELY bloated... like I look down at my belly and it just looks huge... my hips look huge... my boobs still small... I just can't win! I still feel hungry... even though I calculated my calories for the day and am at about 1200... My TOM should be here, like yesterday. Which is freaking out the fiancé actually. We've been talking about babies a lot, and it's just on our minds. If it does happen, I'd be ecstatic, but I really didn't plan on being 5-6 months pregnant for my wedding... but I'm not, so no worries.

Has anyone bought online from Wal-Mart? I stopped there today to just peak at their candle selection, and to my surprise, they have the perfect candles. I'd like to buy about 60 and don't want to drive all over for those too and thought about getting them online.

I didn't get to do any other work out this evening. I had too many errands to run and too much activity at work today. I'm hoping that someday this week I'll be able to squeeze one in!
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Well my exam royally sucked! I hate that class! No matter how hard I study and I studied my *** off. I'm sure I only manage to pull a B-. I studied harder for that class than I did the class where I got at 96% and I walked out of the exam wanting to cry....

Here's the new cut.... Not the best picture but hopefully it will do! I'm going to get my hair dyed a super dark rich brown in a couple of weeks. My stylist comes to my mom's house to cut her hair and every couple of visits I get him to cut mine as well. Since he doesn't have all his stuff with him I need to book an appointment for when he's in the salon. So hopefully, by Easter I'll have some new locks, and be in the 130s!!!

IMG_0153.jpg

Last edited by shantroy; 03-15-2010 at 11:05 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #45  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Shan- you look great with short hair! Sorry about your exam

Actually, stella and all you ladies with midterms:

I will think about the half marathon. I can probably get talked into it, and once I spend the $40 registering, there's no backing out...it's just, i'm not even THAT slow (~10 minute miles) and it seems like everyone in this race is in it to win it! Only a handful of people finished after 2 hours. Anyway, I'm getting up for the gym tomorrow, so goodnight!

Last edited by forestroad; 03-15-2010 at 11:04 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote