Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #121  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Aww I feel for you and the cat situation
The thing that upsets me is that I knew it happened hours earlier and we could have found her perhaps. John just told me "oh, she's hiding." I looked in every spot she hides and started to really fret. I knew she was no where to be found. By the time, I opened wet cat food and he sang and no Cat appeared, he started to worry. Now that I think back, I realize that my kitten was acting funny the entire time she was gone. I hope next time he listens. That's woman's intuition for you!

Quote:
On the other part of your note i think that cardio goal sounds awesome!
One vote for exercise minutes.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #122  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

ohh shannon i hope you find the cat. my dogs went missing once for like an hour and my heart was in my throat. actually it was just one dog lol. we noticed when the other dog knocked on the door.

ach, okay i saw the newsletter. thanks for pointing it out. i think exercise minutes is a great idea!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #123  
cass

oh i forgot to answer the question.

my biggest struggle with weight loss is food. portion control, eating when i'm not hungry- you name it. i'm not one of those people that can just cut out the sweets . i love FOOD. all kinds

i dont think i've mentioned it in any of the team threads or on this board. but i'm actually bulimic. the term translates to 'oxen hunger' or the hunger of an ox. and sometimes- thats what it feels like hah. i struggled for years with overeating so really my the biggest hurdle i have is saying no to myself.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #124  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
my biggest struggle with weight loss is food. portion control, eating when i'm not hungry- you name it. i'm not one of those people that can just cut out the sweets .
I got an idea. Have you ever considered REPLACING things? I tried this with desserts. I replaced ice cream with soy ice cream or fruit pops/cups that you get near the canned fruit. Both are yum-o and makes me not feel deprived. Also, when you are hungry, have you tried first eating a ton of veggies. Even if you overeat on those, that's better than 3 boxes of girlscout cookies. Just trying to help.

Two votes for exercise minutes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #125  
cass

yes, both are great ideas. thanks

i try drinking lots of water too, just to FEEL fuller. like popcorn- you can get some very low cal stuff and eat the whole bag. it feels like you overindulged but its better than sitting down with that pint of ben and jerry's =)

i'll try to remember those things, thanks shannon
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #126  
Hooping my Life Away

Also, I read that you are more likely to grab snacks from your right side(no matter your dominate side). So, keep healthy snacks on your right and your not so healthy ones out of reach, preferably to your farrrr left. I know I have ramen in my house and I love ramen when I haven't had it in forever. Well, I keep it in the left cabinet up high. I have to really think/try about it if I want it.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #127  
Meow

So I went to the gym this morning.. so much better then my old gym! it is awesome!

I am down for the exercise challenge. I did 30 min cardio
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

I think a cardio challenge would be the best too. That's my weak point i think, I mean, it's my weak point in the sense that I have the hardest time getting myself out to do it. I did 2500 meters on the rowing machine yesterday, and my shoulders are killing me!! I'm planning to get back to the gym today so hopefully I'll do 2500 more!

My biggest struggle with weight loss in the past has been, not sticking to it. I'll lose a little bit of weight adn then stop trying and gain it back. The difference this time you might ask??? I actually don't know. I'm happier now in my life than I have ever been. In fact the only complaints I have about my life right now are directly related to my weight and how I look. I've always eaten fairly healthy, but with lots of extra treats I guess, and when you don't exercise, that's where it added up for me.

Anyways, it's a whole new me this year, so WATCH OUT! Just kidding, good luck everybody with weigh ins this week!! <3
Old 03-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Shannon, I hope you find your cat! Not knowing where your "child" is is a terrible thing . Goodluck!

I'm up for the exercise challenge! Did 30 minutes last night and I plan on 34 minutes tonight (I do 30 minutes of regular cardio in the afternoon, but I do tabata in the morning...gah). Sounds great!

I weighed in this morning and it was a loss at least. I lost 0.9lb. It seems that I have a great week and then an okay week. Last week I lost 4.5lbs. Who knows. I'm trying my hardest for next weeks weighin though!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

I've got an appointment to learn how to use the strength training equipment at my gym today.

I'm in for the challenge as well, I'm going to try out the elliptical once I'm done with strength for the day
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #131  
Hooping my Life Away

We won't officially start the challenge till next week just so I can put it in our "Apple Newsletter" so that everyone will know since not everyone chats here. ^_^
Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Wow, I totally busted my butt today!

I really like lifting . . . . but I think it would be hard for me to do if I never got the gym membership. My strength orientation went REALLY well and my trainer wrote out a plan for me to lift at the gym twice a week, and when I'm comfortable to move up to 3 times a week. I'm so happy, I feel like I'm finally doing everything right now.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #133  
Hooping my Life Away

Stephanie Osbourne, Cass, Shelby, kisskiss, macky, and dizzy have not weighed in. Remember to post tomorrow. ^_^

Dizzy has already missed on weigh in. Post today!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #134  
cass

oh i definitely wont forget to weigh in.

i just weighed myself unofficially- and i've gained .4 pounds since saturday or friday. its still a huge loss since last week but i cant stand seeing the number go UP. and i havent even had dinner yet. grrr.

so, tired as i am i'm going to the gym. its my first day back in a few weeks so i'm just going to try to do SOMETHING.

wish me luck!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #135  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
i just weighed myself unofficially- and i've gained .4 pounds since saturday or friday. its still a huge loss since last week but i cant stand seeing the number go UP. and i havent even had dinner yet. grrr.
Weigh in tomorrow after peeing and bm-ing and before eating. Trust me, it helps!
Closed Thread