Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Smile Crazy Canuks Cluck Club

There seems to be a bunch of us here. I'm not sure why I find that extra encouraging

Tell us where you're from and what your programme is .... Like this ...

I'm from a small town between Stratford and Lake Huron in Ontario. I count calories and try to do cardio and weights almost every day.

Last edited by srmb60; 03-05-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I didn't realize there was a Canadian thread. Hi I am Jennifer I live in Fredericton New Brunswick. i am a calorie counter and I do free wieghts, interval training and arobic tape (Tae bo). I am a SAHM of 4 (ages 10, 9 (in april) 4 (today) and 2 1/2) They are 3 girls an d 1 boy the boy is 4.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Canadian Mom . . . . . . This is kind of a new version of an old thread called CALLING ALL CANADIANS, that used to reside in another forum and then kind of fizzled out about mid-year 2006. SusanB revived it recently and it seems to be picking up steam again.

SusanB . . . . . . You may be right that this is a better location (although I'm not sure I understand the name-change). Anyway, I got this new thread "STUCK" and the old one "CLOSED". Just so that we've got continuity from the beginning of the year, I'm going to copy over the 2007 posts from there to here.

Anyway . . . I'm in Nova Scotia (transplanted from Ontario about 12 years ago). My plan is sort of my own, although it resembles a few of the more popular ones such as South Beach, Sugar Busters, Volumetrics Calorie Counting, etcetera, all merged together. Because I'm diabetic and require insulin injections, I need to keep pretty close track of my carbohydrate consumption and so use the CDA guidelines as well. Unfortunately, I'm still not too great on the exercise front, although I do try to keep things moving and I like just about anything I can do with a stability ball. Something is working (although slowly) because I have lost 50 pounds in the past 14 months. Yippee.

Well, chickies . . . I'm off to do some of that copying, I mentioned . . . I'll be seeing you all later. In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking. If we just keep doing the good stuff as much as we possible can; the good rewards are bound to follow.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Okay . . . here's the activity so far this month . . .

(1) Originally posted by . . . Justwast2Bhealthy
Thanx SUSANB ... I didn't know that this thread existed; but I see the last post (except for you this am) was exactly a year ago today; gee ~ what happened? I'm glad you suggested re-starting it; I think it would be great for us to support each other. I have met some other Canadians on here already and it would be nice to keep in touch with them.

ABOUT US ... we live in a small village up north; the nearest city is Timmins, Ontario. I was born in Orangeville and was raised near there and have lived in Guelph, Brampton, and Bramalea, etc. Came north to go to college and stayed, as many of my family had returned here (some family roots here). Funny thing is ... most returned down south or are now spread out in other provinces. That's one reason I came on the net ~ so I could keep in touch with my family more often ...

MY PLAN ~ is one I created with my docs' blessings ... it's portion and calorie based; and devised loosely from Heart & Diabetes plans. The plan theory came from a professor/researcher from NYU, who said ~ for good health, sustainability, and longevity ... "EAT FOR THE BODY YOU WANT, NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE!" (2100 cals for initial goal of 177lbs/size 16-18; for now). So far, it's working for me; so, I'm sticking with it, cuz I don't want to go back where I was before ... ever, ever again!!!

MY MAIN EXERCISE is walking, plus I do some hand weights, and I have a mega-rower that I use on occasion. I joined the March exercise thread for large ladies 40+ group to keep me accountable. I may have some physical limitations, but I'm not going to let that stop me ~ cuz I'm a spunky, Irish lass, and I want to win this battle once and for all ~ LOL! As Jillybean said ... "WRAP YOUR BRAIN AROUND THE IDEA THAT THIS IS FOR LIFE!" Ttyl and thanx again, SUSANB ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud.

(2) Originally posted by . . . Meowee (me)
SusanB pulled up this CALLING ALL CANADIANS thread earlier, I think it was the original that she had started.

I had made a few more after that and we kind of kept it going until Canada Day with one entitled "Calling all Canadians - Canada Day Challenge" and then I let it die out because it seemed to be losing steam . . . but I would love to see it revived if anybody is interested. If we can drum up enough momentum, maybe we can at least get a STICKY. . .

Start posting lots and lots Susan and all you other crazy canuks . . . we deserve our own little chat place.

"(3) Originally posted by . . . cupcake84
Hey all, Im a fellow Canadian, born and raised in Nova Scotia, lived in Saskatchewan for a couple of years, but came back home.

meowee- nice to see a fellow bluenoser, i thought i was the only one around haha

Anyways,I love the idea of talking to other Canadians on here in a forum, so i hope this thread sticks around!woohoo Canada!

(4) Originally posted by . . . me again
Hi Meryl . . .

I hope so too. I peeked at your profile and noticed that we both have February birthdays - mine is the 25th - of course I'm a wee little bit older than you. Love the picture of your son by the way.

One thing I've always noticed about Maritimers . . . they come home if they can. Strangely enough, I'm originally 'from away'. Born and raised in Toronto and transferred down here about 12 years ago. When I retired, I just stayed here because I really like the slower pace of life. Guess we 'Uppity Canadians' just transplant a little more easily. BTW, wherebouts are you? I'm in Pictou.

Anyway, girl . . . hope you have a moving and shaking kind of day . . . see you soon.

(5) Originally posted by . . . Rockie86
Hi all! Another bluenoser... haha
I'm new to the community, hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. I guess my plan is to eat more veggies and smaller portions, and do cardio and some weights every day... just starting out so I'll see how it goes!

(6) Originally posted by . . . me (again, again)
Hi Chickie . . .

Here's a great big welcoming for you too. Welcome aboard. Where are you? I know, I know, it's not that big a province -- at least not in size. The size of the heart of the Nova Scotian is another matter, entirely.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you again later.

(7) Originally posted by . . . SusanB (when she started this new thread)

Let's start new ... here ....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...35#post1597635

Let's keep it moving and shaking, gang . . . See you soon . . .

Last edited by meowee; 03-05-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #5  

How about if we add in any other threads we frequent? Just to make sure eveeryone realises that they're welcome everywhere. And since the board is sooo big maybe you'll find some places you didn't even know existed.

I like the Featherweights, Calorie Counters, Ladies Who Lift and I lurk in Maintainers and Introductions.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #6  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

meowee- wow we are pretty close, I am in Stellarton. Its pretty cool to see someone so close to home on here. I also like the slower pace of life here too, Saskatchewan wasnt exactly bustling with activity or anything, but just a different way of living than here. I like it here lol
Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Another good idea, SUSAN . . . . . . I spend most of my time in Diabetes Support; and a couple of other places in Support Groups -- 100 Lb Club, and Plenty More to Go -- ; and (mostly because of Moderator duties) I tend to lurk (and stick in some posts from time to time) almost everywhere on the whole Community.

Wow, MERYL . . . . . . We are almost neighbours. Amazing how small the world is, isn't it? We will have to get together at Highland Square for coffee -- that is, if you don't mind being seen with someone old enough to be your grandmother.

See you later, gators . . . hope everybody else finds us soon.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I stick pretty much to challenges beat the bulge and what even evebt is coming up but I post pretty much eberywhere I just use the new post button and if anything stricks me I post.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #9  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

meowee-sounds good!! haha and age isnt anything but a number, from reading the posts on here and the other calling all canadians forum, you dont seem to be "someone old enough to be my grandmother" you sound way younger and cooler than me
Old 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

May have to adopt you, MERYL THANKS A BUNCH. Where your birthdate has an 84 . . . mine has a 43 . . . shhhhhhhh. Anyway . . . I'll PM you my telephone number.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there. I'm an antique Canadian and could be a great grandmother, I suppose.

I grew up and spent much of my life in Ottawa West but moved to small town Eastern Ontario when my DH retired. I'm in Delta, a town of about 300 in the Rideau Lakes area. In the summer we are over 1000 with the influx of tourists and cottagers.

My husband has been in a nursing home the past two years so it's just me and my Girls. My Girls are Portuguese Water Dogs who keep me sane - and busy. They are therapy dogs so we "work" several times per week doing hospital, clinic and nursing home visits.

I'm type II diabetic which I've managed to keep well-controlled by following a lower healthy carb diet. I MOD the South Beach Forum, am a 3FC super-MOD too so manage to keep fairly busy in here and in the Journals. I pop in all over the place!

Nice to see who's out there.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm Susan, in Waterloo. My program is probably best termed "winging it." I lift, do cardio, and try to eat decent food most of the time.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Hi to all you fellow Canadians ...

Thanx Linda and SusanB; am so glad you created this for us. Nice to see so many Canadians (and I know there are more of them out there); whenever I see one, I'll send them this way. I also post all over the board, whenever I see something that interests me.

I also post in some regular threads like 40+, Christian Encouragers, and Physical Challenges in the dieting with obstacles forum. Wow, and now this one ... I'm gonna be a busy chickie. And, I do some lurking around Intros, Lighten up, and too many more to mention. I just realized something ... I have no life ... LOL!!!

I have a lot of free time, married, no kids ~ two small furry babies. BTW, I think friendship has no age limit ... Glad to meet you all ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-05-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #14  

Good Morning. This morning I'm up waiting for road reports. I may have to go to work ... depending on who else can get there. At present ... it won't be me because our county has pulled the plows off the road.

I'm with canadian mom ... I hit new posts and read some of everything.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:18 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Canuk Chickies . . .

Wow . . . Ontario is not looking good this morning. I just saw that pile-up near Barrie on the morning news (I have relatives up there) . . . not good. Stay off the roads, girls . . . nothing is so important that you should risk your neck to get to work.

We are having a snowy and blowy morning too. I'm supposed to go to the hospital for some pre-op tests at lunch time, but I'm thinking of trying to reschedule - should be OK since I've got three weeks before the surgery date - I've become a real wuzzie since I retired. I try to avoid going out in the bad weather if at all possible. Did enough driving in this junk when I was working to last a lifetime.

Hi SU-BEE . . . to our little chicken yard. I lived in Kitchener for 10 years before I was transferred down here to NS. Just like Barrie (where my Mother was raised), KW is, of course another snow-belt area. When I'd go from Kitchener to Barrie (via 401/400) in the Winter it was like driving through 3 entirely different worlds -- snow in KW; nothing, or slush, in TO area; more snow in Barrie

Okay, gang . . . see you later. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day. Stay warm and dry, if you can.
Closed Thread