Old 09-30-2004, 05:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

now it wont let me upload either,.. get an error and the image is less than 8 kb, so i havent the slightest idea,.. i even tried both the animated and un-animated versions..grrr
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:35 PM   #17  

Unhappy

I sent these pics to my sister and an old friend and i didnt tell my sis what to look for. I just said "what is dofferent inthese pics besides my shirt" she emailed meback and said "well, that one is brighter and your hair is a little different in each" and my old friend jjust said she really couldnt tell, but prolly could in person,.. doesnt help my view of progress any,... but I will keep plugging away. At t his rate, I may not get to wow people at christmas like i wanted to,.. oh well,..lol
Old 10-01-2004, 04:03 PM   #18  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Ok, now, Heather. Sit down, girl. We need to talk. This is October 1. You are talking about the end of December. That's almost 3 months. You're in the process of incorporating changes gradually, right? So that means that today you don not have in place all of the dietary and exercise modifications that you will in a month, or in two weeks....or next week! Just because they can't tell from those pic's (and I don't think it seems that they were looking very carefully) doesn't mean that they won't. You're a work in progress! Remember the Paper Towel Theory? The differences are just going to become more and more evident the farther you get in the process........the key is to continue to put in the effort, and to continue to add positive changes to your program. Don't be discouraged. And don't be complacent. Continue to look for ways to improve, inform yourself, and grow. And just know that by continuing to put one foot in front of the other and not losing faith or sight of your goals, you'll wow them at Christmas.

I hate to say it, but it really is true: it didn't go on overnight, and it's not going to come off overnight. Give it time and give yourself a chance. You're doing so well.......and I'm really proud of you. Have you taken your measurements yet? Since you're not weighing yourself, this would be a good gauge of your progress. Are you logging your food using FitDay or some other means? That way you can see your caloric and nutritional intake.

Keep the faith, sister. Keep a positive attitude and know that as long as you keep working, your efforts will pay off. And keep fighting, and keep learning, and keep reading and keep posting. You're going to win and you're going to raise some eyebrows in December....
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #19  

Thanks for the support Sarah!!, It has only been a month and a half or so,.. Usually i would have quit by now. I just keep on trucking and exercising, even if i make a not so good food choice, I try to get in some exercise.
I havent taken any measurements, I cant find the tape measure, plus I am almost afraid too, i know it won't be pretty. I dont really wite down my food, but maybe I need too,..hmmm
For sept i walked 12 miles which is alot for me, and my goal is to get to 20 for October.
Thats why I love this board. If I get a blah thought in my head, I come here and feel better by posting and reading.
Well, back to drinking my water, I have been skimping a bit lately;-)

Last edited by heather_dw; 10-01-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:38 PM   #20  
Abby's Mommy

I can definatly tell Heather! Your pics are looking better and better!! Keep it up sister, and before you know it, you'll be walking 20 miles no problem!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:30 AM   #21  
There is no try, only DO

Hi Heather

I can see the difference in your pics too. I think people who aren't dealing with weight issues don't really pick up the changes that those of us with the same problems see. It's very evident that your face is changing, cheeks slimming, chin getting smaller.

Stick with it, what you're doing *IS* working. I bet by Christmas everyone will be complimenting you and really seeing the changes.

Heather (too!)
lil_cara_mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #22  

Thank you for the compliments and encouragement.
My clothes are fitting any looser or anything, and it may sound conceited, but when I feel discouraged, I look at those pictures and try to see the differences,.
But, it has only been over a month and everyone says it takes about 4 months to see really drastic results, so I will hold out:-)

All the kinds words and advice I get on this board really help me to stay going!
Old 10-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #23  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Heather, I know I've said it before but get a measuring tape girl and measure away, you will be surprised how many inches you can lose even without noticing major changes in yourself.

Soon enough, you'll start noticing changes in your body and face. I've noticed that my face have some concavity to it in the cheeks and also I just noticed the other day that my thighs are becoming more shapely and thinner around the top of my knees.

Now that I've lost 50 lbs, it seems to me that I'd have some HUGE changes and I've had some but it seems like I should have more for losing 50 lbs. It has been 4 months and I am at the point that I almost get a compliment every day on my weight loss. So yes 4 months is about when people notice.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote