Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1052

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #2  

Hey All - I thought I should start a new thread before it got to be too long. Got in more cardio today!! Gotta melt my chub off! I just got back from 50 minutes of walking, so I'm happy with that! I got a lottery ticket - I'm addicted, lol - its for tomorrow night...it's a $36,000,000 jackpot...oh so nice!! I know the US has HUGE jackpots, but here the average is about $6,000,000 - so you can imagine how cool this one is. Send good vibes to my ticket, please! Well I'm going to add my minutes now. Later chickies - stay OP!

Melissa
Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #3  

This is not on topic, but I need to vent. I'm also a newbie to this section of the board, so sorry for a weird first post.

I am so completely frustrated! I first started trying to lose weight about a year ago. I weighed 349 and realized that I needed to work on things. It went really well at first. I lost the first 20lbs easily. They just dropped off. No big deal. After that, it has been terrible.

I will be honest that I haven't neccessarily been 100% "on" with my diet, so it is my fault. I just have no motivation. I am currently at 325. I don't want to go exercise partly because I am bored with the Curves ciruit. I love walking, but in my neighborhood, you don't walk anywhere. Trust me, it's not a good idea! Plus, the high protein diet plan is proving to quite costly. I am a broke college student.

I just don't know how to get my butt into gear again. To make matters worse, my Dad is on me about losing all the time. He even watches and criticizes what I eat all the time.

How do all of you make yourself motivated? I'm just not feeling it! Yet, I know that I need to get this weight off.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #4  
MakingChanges...

Hey Melissa, Good to see ya! It has been quite some time since I have been on the boards but I am so glad to be back! Check your PM's when you get a chance.

And, Quigg .. feel free to vent anytime you need to .. that, among other things, is what this board is for. We all have experienced alot of the same things as you and we are all here to share those experiences with each other to help support us in our weight loss goals. I also have major motivational problems but I have found that if I take one day at a time to get through whatever goals I have for that day .. I do much better. At first, I spent alot of time dwelling on the future and how much I would have to work to lose all this weight .. I dwelled on it so much so that I could never find the motivation to get started because it all just seemed so overwhelming for me. Start by making small daily steps. I started by setting a goal of walking two minutes on the treadmill ... I thought two minutes of my time can't be that long .. but it felt like the longest two minutes of my life. LOL .. But after it was over .. I felt great! I felt like I had accomplished something .. I did this for a week, and then each week after that I added two more minutes to it. I am up to 40 minutes now. As far as your Dad goes, I'm not sure what type of relationship you have with him .. but if you feel comfortable enough to talk with him ... tell him how he makes you feel when he is constantly nagging and making comments about your eating, etc. Tell him that you need his support but in a positive way .. and if need be .. be specific with him so that he understands. My dad used to be the same way .. but after talking with him, I found that he thought he was helping by the things he said .. I told him what I believed could be more helpful for him to do or say rather than keep hurting my feelings and making me feel discouraged. If you don't feel like you could talk to him, then I guess the best thing to do is to try your best to ignore him or use what he says to motivate you even more.

Other ways to help motivate yourself are setting weight loss goals and think of rewards you can treat yourself to if you reach them. They don't have to be expensive or cost anything at all really .. If you lose 10 lbs, buy yourself a book you have been wanting to read, or a cd you have been wanting to listen to. Or treat yourself to a hot bubble bath or movie night. Whatever your likes are.

The important thing is that you realize that you must have some motivation or you wouldnt be frustrated over it or on this board for that matter. So that is a Great start right there! Good Luck!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #5  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi gals. Just had to stop by, say "Hi", and share something I learned today that may save some of us in the US some money. Did you know that you can use Flexible Spending Account dollars to pay for a weightloss program (like WW) if you get a letter from a doctor recommending it to treat a health condition like obesity, high blood pressure, etc? I first heard about it over on Dotti's site and then checked it out with some IRS publications and my HR department. Sure enough, 'tis true!!! Yay! I love saving money. Anyway, wanted to pass it along in case anyone else wanted to take advantage of it.

It was just a regular work day for me today. Nothing too exciting. Well, except that my boss referred to me as "Big" today. Yep, you heard it right. I walked into his office and he goes, "There's Big Deb." I was too stunned to be hurt. I just responded with "Well, that's not the most flattering thing you could have said to me." He just looked at me with a blank stare. What a jerk . Why do people feel like they can make comments like that?

Tomorrow over my lunch break I am going back to WW for the first time in several weeks. I am bracing for pretty bad news. Oh well, try, try again, right?

On to just a few personals:

Misti - Well, that's a real bummer about the plateau. Kudos to you for stick-to-it-iveness through this part of the process. Just keep on doing it and something surely will give soon.

Andie - I agree with you about the gastric bypass girl on Oprah the other day. She looks absolutely beautiful but how she can forgive her father for saying she wasn't good enough when she was fat is beyond me. But, maybe I am projecting my own feelings onto to her. I have a very hard time forgiving those who judge me because of my weight. In high school I was very heavy. I was never overtly teased or taunted. I was just ignored. A non-person. I remember later in my early 20's I had lost weight (was about 160 pounds at 5'11") and I saw some of my old classmates when I was out with a wedding party all dolled up in my bridesmaids dress. They were all over me wanting to be my buddy then. I had no use for them. They didn't want me fat and to my way of thinking they didn't need to want me thin. Anyway, I still have many hurt feelings over being treated badly or ignored because of my weight so I just couldn't understand her saying she had forgiven her father because I would not have.

Valerie - I love love LOVE your plan to get those hoses over the trailer and show your trainer a thing or two about telling a determined woman she can't do something that a man can. You go girl!!!!!

Raven - Thanks for the info on the bellydancing DVD. I am going to Amazon as soon as I am off here to check it out. Where in TX are you from? I'm in the DFW area.

Zelma - What a great dream! Now I want some of my 300+ friends to visit me in my dreams too!

As for everyone else I didn't mention individually, consider yourself cyber-hugged by me!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #6  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good Evening ladies, well i survived an all day shopping trip, and i am almost finished with Xmas shopping Thankfully the crowds werent anything like they will be the day after thanksgiving, when i stupidly agreed to go with my friend. Am i stupid or what?
Zelma: Glad to see you posting. I am being totally serious, that you have been a very big motivator for me. I have read,re-read, and shared your story alot. Thanks for being an inspiration to many!
NoNamesLeft: i totally agree about the girl who had the wt loss surgery. My friend recently had a LapBand, which is less invasive than gastric bypass. However, she told me she hasnt learned ANYTHING in regards to what to eat, how to pick the right foods, etc. She is constantly hungry, and has had her band "tightned" twice for increased wt loss. The problem is after that, she cant eat much because she becomes sick.So yes, she has lot wt, but she hasnt learned to eat properly.
NoLifeWithoutHorses: i really admire you. I have always thought driving a "big rig" would be so cool. There is no way i could manuever something that big with so many gears, lol. Dont give up, your going to do fine!
Seattlegrl: Props to you for quitting smoking. unfortunately, that is something i am working on now. The facility i work at now will be going smoke free Nov 16th, so even if i dont quit completely, i cannot smoke at work.(which is where i am most of the time, lol) you should be very proud of yourself!
RavenElizabeth87: sorry your step-dad is stressing you out. Parents have the tendency to do that. Im sorry you are homesick too, its hard being away from loved ones. And i know the feeling about hating men at the moment, lol!
Kayley: Congratulations on your educational choices. You seem like a very bright person, and i know you will go far. Also, i was remiss in mentioning that you have done great this past year, and should be very proud of yourself. I totally feel you on the making fun of yourself before others do, i am always the "clown" making jokes before i think others will. I, too, have "issues", that i hope eventually get better.
NottheCheat: I can tell a big differnce in your before and current pictures. You go girl!
Quiggs: Welcome to the board, and feel free to vent anything you like. All of us, have been in a similar situation, thats why i love this board, i really feel like everyone totally "gets" how i/we feel about things.
As for me, i had a great day. I really did good with food, salad with dressing on the side................until i got to Starbucks. I must admit, i had a seven layer cookie treat, but it was good i am trying not to be too hard on myself about one treat, i will just pick up and move on.
NSV for the day: i went into the Gap, and was able to comfortably purchase clothing. It was so nice to go into a store and not feel as if people were saying, "why is she in here, shes too fat". Its ironic that out of all the things i want in life, feeling "normal" is at the top of the list.
Have a great night everyone
Annie: we miss you, and you are in our thoughts.
Welcome to all the new posters, returning ones, and any one i left out, please forgive my omission, i will learn everyones name oneday!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  

Hi everyone-

Valerie~Glad you are enjoying your new job!

Seattlegrrl~ Gald you joined the group! Seems like you have a good plan going! Hope you see a loss soon!

LORI~Congrats on losing 3 pounds!

Raven~Sorry you gained some weight hun! I'm sorry your stepdad is making assumptions like that. That is not fair of him! Hope you are feeling a little better! Hang in there hun!

Nancy~Thanks for reminding us of Annie's sugery. Hope you are having a good day!

ANNIE~My prayers are with you hun!

Zelma~How funny you dreamed about meeting them!

LORI~Sorry you slipped up with the candy. But heres the good thing you caught yourself! At least you didn't keep eating and eating. I can relate to the mindless eating! I have to literally tell myself no some days!

Sandy~Yay for you staying OP!

ANDIE~Glad you got your new shoes! I have found it makes all the difference with me working out with them. I liked the Addias. But the new balance had the wide option. Hopefully in a few months I won't be needing the wide! Good for you getting so much walking in... even in the rain!

Melissa~Good luck..hopefully you have the winning ticket!

Quiggs~ First of all..so glad you joined in! This is a great place to just get support. I really can relate to many things you have said.
First off I would like to pass on something a member on here told me once. Wyllenn told me that it was not about motivation but about a commitment to a process. That really clicked for me. I like you have lost 20 pounds. I have had a lot of struggles with working out and staying OP. But I am realizing that I just have to keep going. Even if I have a bad week....I just have got to keep moving forward. I have been losing weight so slow! But I know I am making positive lifestyle changes. As far as getting exercise in...I have a similar situation. The place I live there is no gym and I can't workout outside.(live in the arctic) So I literally walk from one end of the house to the other end. You would be amazed the workout you can get from just walking back and forth. Also just dance in place to a song. Just give it all ya got! I broke out in a full sweat from doing that!
I also have all of my family harassing me about my weight. I finally snapped on them in a sense and told them do they honestly think I forget I am 300 plus pounds? I told them to back off. But of course it doesn't work. I just ignore their ignorance. But I do make sure every single time they tell me something negative to make sure I tell them I don't need to be reminded and I am working on it. But it sucks for sure! We just have to shed this weight for ourselves. It is very tough at times. But hang in there!

XENA~Thanks for sharing that! I had no idea we could do that! Always interested in saving some money! How rude of your boss! I swear some people are missing their brains! Good luck with going to WW!

Well everyone I hope you are all having a great evening. DH is now on the evening shift. He works from 4 pm to 12am. I guess I will catch up on some reading and get some walking in. Stay OP everyone! And have a good day tommorow!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #8  
Believe

Height: 5"7

I knew i would forget something Misti: I am so sorry you had to witness what you did today. My heart and prayers go out to the family. That is so sad. I wanted to say also, that you look so young in your avatar pix! I would have never guessed your age, you look great! And congratulations on your sucess this year. Keep up the good work.
Now i am really going. Have a great night!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #9  

KYMBERLY~We were posting at the same. Just wanted to say congrats on your NSV! I can't wait to shop at the Gap again.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody!

So good to see some newbies!

Valerie, yikes, your job sounds like a nightmare! I am saying a prayer for you... since you seem determined to keep doing this. I would unapologetically be what you call a "fluff-chick" and let the guys be guys. tee hee. But yah at least it ought to beat the weight off wow!

Kayley, I can't imagine not having anything to do at work! We are totally overwhelmed even with a temp and all of us on overtime! How are you liking your job by now?

Seattlegrrl... hey neighbor! Hope you are not floating by now! I am actually in Bothell... Northcreek area! So glad to have you in the forum.

Teresa, you are so right... seeing that horrible accident made me really think about how fragile life is and to be grateful for every moment of it. And with so many people around her now flooded out and losing their homes and businesses, it has made me grateful for my small but warm, dry apartment!!

And Zelma, actually I had the same hope for the man who died... that hopefully he was knocked out or had died before the fire. I can still "see" the car in my mind.

How fun that Sharon and Ammi "came to visit" you.... LOL wouldn't it be neat if we could all get together? LOL about Ammi's kids and "new daughter."

Quiggs... welcome! Glad you joined in! One thing about motivation... I keep hearing people say they don't have the "feeling." That's because there isn't one... or if there is it doesn't last, as our feelings are so fickle and change constantly. It has to be a decision and a commitment to do it whether you feel like it or not. Sounds easy I know... ha! NOT: But it really does help to stick here in the forum often and have friends who are encouragers and supporters!

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words! I appreciate them! My friend keeps telling me that from the back I am starting to look really thin so just have to keep working on getting all this stuff off the boobs and stomach:

Blessings to all the rest of you! Have to rush out to get to my Bible study tonight but hope you are all doing well -- stay OP!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh and Kymberly... LOL we posted at the same time... but I wanted to come back and say thanks so much for the compliment. Thanks for your prayers for the family. I still don't know who it was except it was a 51 year old man from Everett.

Blessings and prayers to you too
Old 11-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Andrew's working 1st shift now, so he went to bed around 9pm, so I thought I'd come on, and get some personals done, so I'm not SWAMPED in the AM...or at least not as MUCH...hehe.

Wezi - It can be so frustrating when you go off plan like that...just don't let it ruin the rest of the day, and not think that since you already cheated, you can cheat the rest of the day!

Sandy - I just keep thinking about May!!! I'm still SO HAPPY that you mentioned them to me! And ever since I enrolled, I have been hearing commercials about it on the radio. Go figure, right?

Andie - Yeah, college isn't any better. It's actually a little bit worse, now that I think about it. At least in High School it was the same people making fun of me, but now I see hundreds of strangers every day, and I'm wondering if they're judging me, making fun of me, what they think of me, etc. I think you hit that right on...that losing weight won't make me love myself. Andrew tries so hard to make me love myself. He loves all the parts of my body, and even the pudgy parts...he says they're his favorites, because they are soft and squishy...I should be so happy that he thinks that way, but on the other hand it makes me very self conscious, and I know he doesn't mean it that way. He honestly DOES love everything about me, and I need to start believing it. You'd think after 2 years of dating I'd get it! Gah. I'm only 20 right now, so hopefully, within the next few years, thinkgs will get better.

Melissa - Good luck on that lottery ticket! Andrew had a weird dream about a year ago about lottery numbers, so now he plays them! Maybe we'll get lucky one day! Wouldn't that be so NICE?!?! Not to have to WORRY about money anymore!

Quiggs - I'm also a broke college student, and I know how you feel! I lost 60 pounds in 4 months, and then another 10, then gained 10 back...and now I've been STUCK for 3 months! It's so frustrating, but what keeps me at it is just the idea of being at goal. I also have little motivators, but they aren't for everyone, because not everyone is in the same situation...but my other one is: Wanting to look GOOD in my wedding dress!! I really love the Crunch cardio dance dvds...they are really fun, and don't feel like a workout. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE! Just My Size Yoga. It's taught for the plus size woman BY a plus size woman!

Rayne - Welcome back! I don't remember you, but I've been MIA pretty much for about 3 months...hehe.

Xena - Thanks for the tip! I might have to look into that!!!

Kymberly - WOW! Almost done with your Christmas shopping already?!?! I haven't even STARTED. Probably should soon, before the stores become unbearable! Thanks for the incredibly nice comments...I admit, I blushed. I can't take compliments. Another of my issues. Heh. Congrats on the GAP!!! That's so fantastic! You've lost 113 pounds....I didn't notice that before! Holy cow, that's amazing! You're nearly to goal!!!

Misti - I really like it. I actually work two jobs there. 20 hours a week, I'm customer service, and 10 hours a week, I'm in retention, which is basically a glorified bill collector. But I like it, and it's an office job, which is what I had been wanting! I've been there for 5 months already...doesn't seem like it!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #13  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow .. I missed a whole thread ... okee .. lets see if I can catch up

SANDY - Gotta ask .. what is a Nutterbutter?? lol .. I must say I thought we had a big enough variety of sweet snacks in NZ .. but when I was in Canada & US in 2004 I was stunned at the WALLS of chocolate and snacks lol ... thank goodness I dont live over there ... I would have gotten even bigger than I did!
I am sorry that you have felt like a lower class citizen in life due to your size, and I hope that even without the weight loss your self image improves because that is a big part of this journey, learning to appreciate you for you regardless of your size, and learning to let the negative emotional reactions to you either bounce off or run off like water off a ducks back. I suppose its like I said to my daughter when she got upset that some of the kids at school made fun of her because of MY size ... hunny you cant defend something that is true .. Im fat .. Im obese ... its not a good thing to be, but its not something that you can beat a kid up for saying about me because its not a lie .. its an insult yes .. but Im more than my fat, and if some people are too shallow to find out more about me .. then they can keep their fat/obese titles because their brain is obviously too limited to see the world in a better light... I did teach her to say "she may be fat, but youre ugly .. she can diet.. your stuck with your face!" seems to have stopped a lot of the comments rofl.

CIRCLES - Hun Im not always good at individual posts lol .. but I try at least every day or so to catch up with as many as I can .. its a timely thing really lol .. but its wonderful to let people know they are getting heard .. or read as the case may be lol .. besides .. I love rambling rofl. Well done on your workout .. that is great that you are back on track

ELMAY - Some of those places sound lovely I was lucky enough in 2004 to go to Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, UK, Canada and US on a whirlwind 7 week tour .. I LOVED every minute of it and would love to do another tour .. back to Germany & Switzerland, Canada .. and see more of the US than LA So lucky to get the chance to travel and see a little of other cultures as part of your job Dont you love progress

XENA - I think everyones hands are aging rofl ... so many have commented on it ... do you have good days and bad days with your hands?? I have some days when my hands look nice .. others when they look old lol .. I Like CU, but then I like country music .. not a KP fan ... I think the only idols I have albums of are Clay and Kelly I have the Guy Sebastian one which is the Aussie winner .. dont have ANY of the NZ ones cos I havent liked any of them rofl .. havent seen or heard any of the UK ones tho.

KAYLEY - I will be watchin the Pics post to see when you post your piccys lol .. even if you just get your darling to take the pics of the knees down if you dont like full body shots rofl .. wont have quite the same effect I dont think tho

KIMBERLY - Well done on staying on plan .. as for the exercise I havent been doing too great this week .. gonna update my total at the end of the each week rather than each day .. but even dancing while preparing dinner or doing the dishes or folding the washing . even when I let the dogs out I do stretches and things while I wait for them to come back in lol .. most of the time I dont even realise Im doing it! I didnt see Oprah with Kristie on but I have seen her latest ad and she looks fantastic Great to hear you got your Xmas shopping done .. talk about organised lol .. what is a 7 layer cookie??? Very kewl shopping NSV too hun

BRANDNEWME - Great work on your schooling .. I am sure it will be hard but think how great it will be when you get to the end .. sorta like the weight loss really lol .. lots of work and at times depressing, stressful or plain ol boring. Its great you are gonna set yourself daily goals rather than monthly ones . .sometimes that is all you can do Good luck.

LORI - I lucky with my fingers I suppose .. long .. but the hands are wide and square .. not the most delicate ... but I used to play the piano/keyboard.

ENDTHEREIGN - welcome back Great news that you are getting the chance to go where you feel happier being

TERESA - Thankyou for the compliment about my humour .. I dont necessarily mean to be funny .. just happens .. either that or I just have a really big funny bone that isnt just stuck in my elbow Would explain why I hurt all over sometimes when I hit a different part of my body than the elbow hehehe. I know there are those on here that advocate the no treat rule (sweet treat I am meaning) .. but I know for me personally if its something I am wanting to stick to as a lifestyle then I have to put those things in it that I know I want to have at some point rather than cutting them out completely without allowing me to have any which I know (from past attempts) will just make me quit and binge .. I know that thinking doesnt work for everyone .. and if you want to incorporate it into your life that is fine as long as you consider why you want to add it in? If you have tried in the past to cut out those treats and find yourself binging on them after a few months, then by all means add them in as part of your plan .. that way you dont feel like you are missing out .. the interesting thing is .. knowing that I can have them I dont want them as often as I used to because they arent a naughty thing any more .. but part of my plan Good luck with your choices

MELISSA - Love your new avatar pic Very glam You are going great with your exercise again .. leaving us in the dust lol .. I dont know what exercises other than you mentioned would be good for your calves .. but hopefully someone on here will be able to help you out

SHARON - If you find any of that firming cream for the body .. let me know .. wouldnt mind a boob lift rofl.

JILLY - Well done on your exercise and grr about your car .. really doesnt seem fair when the innocent party is the one that has all the stress when trying to get their repairs done Sorry about the gain on the scales .. I am sure that you will see a positive change elsewhere tho

ZELMA - Thank you for the nag lol .. I have been a little better today . I had some weetbix for breakfast and I had a body shake for lunch .. Im gonna have a packet meal for dinner tonight (I have those about 2-3 times a week now) .. Watties Steamfresh Honey Mustard Chicken Its my fave lol .. hummm .. unfortunately that still doesnt have me hitting 1000 cal! I might have a sandwich with cheese in for supper I think .. that should put me over I do have a treat throughout the day tho .. Oddfellows .. its a mint and I suck on one of those when Im reading or sewing .. or on the comp lol .. I have a daily limit of those tho. But I am trying to up my calories .. its sooo much easier on the weekend when my hunny is home lol ...
How did you do with the Melbourne Cup?? Did you know that Aussies spent about 160 million dollars on bets!! Or was it 16 million .. no .. Im sure there was another zero ... maybe that wasnt just Aussie tho? Anyway .. I forgot all about it so didnt bet lol ...

MISTI - Good luck on your Gazelle, Im sure you will be zooming with Ammi in no time .. Im in awe of those on the elliptical for 5 minutes let alone longer rofl. Sorry that you had to pass such an unhappy event on your way to work, it is a distressing thing to witness for sure. Big Hugs

ANGEL - Wow ... your exercise choices sound so kewl lol .. Maybe when Im a little more confident I will look for something like your stripping one and try it out on my hunny lol .. will scare the bejeepers out of him rofl. Good luck with being able to get the tumour removed .. sounds like you have a busy week coming up for sure I know that a lot of people on here have got some real bargains with their exercise equipment etc .. Im sure if you look in the yard sale ads or things like that you will get a bargain .. maybe even on ebay? I just got my elliptical and I know (after looking it up) its an $800NZ machine but I got it for $180NZ (I think thats about $90US) .. and I have the strider out in the garage which I got for I think it was $40NZ .. when my dad is finally in the new house we got him I am changing the sleepout into a gym with all my equipment as well as a TV and DVD player so that I have space back inside the lounge again lol .. Good luck tho on getting a machine that you want

CRITTLE - Is core secrets like yoga or pilates?? Or is it something else?? Good luck on getting your exercise in

ANDIE - I hope your DD gets better soon .. its hard for sure when they are sick and you cant instantly cure them and make them feel better when you know that is what you want to do Big Hugs tho. OMG on your measured loss hun .. that is fantastic!! Wow .. talk about shrinking in all the right places lol ... I dont know where my weight has come off .. but my measured areas definitely havent gone down that much and its been 4 months!

MICHELLE - Great news on the pants .. that is always a good thing .. and your daylight hours would suit me lol .. I seem to be more awake and alert when its dark rather than when the sun is up Keep warm!

VAL - Hunny Im so sorry that things started getting on top of you .. but you know what .. your friend Barb is right .. YOU ARE VALERIE GRANT .. and may I finish that sentence by saying you are a special and talented and tenacious woman of power ... people often say you can do whatever you put your mind to and you are showing us (and those males) that you can too. I know I (and Im sure others on here too) are so proud of you for setting your mind to something and doing it .. so inspirational hunny .... just remember we care about you and you need to care about yourself too. Take time to rest, turn off the world when you can and shut everyone out even if it is for just a couple of hours .. rest, meditate even .. but dont keep going to the point where you cant do what you need to just to prove a point otherwise you wont be any good to anyone.. including yourself. Love and BIG huggies.

SEATTLEGIRL - Welcome on in hun .. and well done on giving up smokin ... just keep telling yourself when you get the urge for one that you have already got through a day, a week, a fortnight, a month, etc etc .. and think about any of those withdrawl feelings that you went through and ask yourself if you want to go through that again lol .. more often than not the answer will be no .. dont be hard on yourself if you go off the wagon .. very few people manage to give up the first time .. and watch out for the 3 month, 6 month and 12 month anniversary of quitting .. that is usually when people think ok youre over the whole smoking thing .. but it can hook you back in. I am in awe of you for not only quitting smoking but starting a weight loss journey at the same time .. talk about a big adjustment .. good luck and it looks like you are doing great so far .. dont forget to sign on to the exercise thread Every minute helps with the group total

LORI - WTG on your weigh in and weight loss!! That is great ... I know its 1 pound lower than you were 2 weeks ago .. but its 3 pounds this week .. forget last week that has been and gone and cant be repeated or fixed, done and dusted as it were .. this week is the important week and you LOST 3 POUNDS! that is just fan-dam-tastic!
Oops about your slip today .. but Im glad you have acknowledged it and hopefully you will be able to take time at some point to work out what set it off .. sometimes it is just as you said .. and automatic unthinking action, those are definitely one of the hardest to overcome because there is no trigger for it just its there so its yours to eat. Tomorrow is another day ... Im sure it will be even better for you when all those things are out of reach lol ... Just wanted to add .. that while I allow myself the treats now .. I didnt have any for the first 4-5 weeks of my new journey, I had to get all the build up out of my system before I could allow a little back in.

MAKING FUN OF ONESELF - Just thought I would comment on this .. I too make fun of myself .. I suppose its sort of a self-defence shield .. you know like the mentality of if I say the words then someone else cant hurt me by saying them ... the only problem is that sometimes you can get so good at it that you no longer know how to take a positive comment without thinking of a punchline that negates it .. that is my challenge .. while I think of humour with everything in my life .. my subconscious is a serious so and so and has those thoughts that make me feel bad about what I say .. I learnt very early on not to put someone down in ANY way ... and I tell my daughter (and her friends) off when I hear any negative comment about someone, even when that someone is a cruel person in their own way and how they treat others. Keep a positive attitude and think of the weight lightly, BUT .. if you are gonna make jokes about your size stop and think first, is it something that will have people laughing with you .. or at you ... and if you heard someone else saying those jokey comments .. would you laugh or feel bad for the person?? No offence to ANY blondes on here .. I really do not mean any insult honestly .. but quite often I would say "having a blonde moment" when I did something silly .. now ... I say Im having a Katt moment .. I figure Im such a complex creature that there are parts of me that have a few screws loose .. sorta matches the skin at the moment rofl.... so while I like to think of myself as an intelligent and levelheaded woman (most of the time) I have those silly short-circuited brain moments happening a lot rofl.

RAVEN - Sorry to hear the FFM is not being nice to you .. Im sure you can stick to it and if you need to rant and rave get it out on here .. everyone else does and it sure makes things feel better
As for your sexual orientation .. in the big scheme of things does it really matter?? If your stepdad wants to freak out about it then let him think what he wants .. I have a feeling that the more you defend yourself on this the worse it will get so just ignore it for now and get on with your goals

ANNIE - I hope the operation went well and look forward to seeing you back here soon .. Big hugs.

ZELMA - So kewl about your dream lol .. I dont dream .. at least not that I can remember .. my hunny has the weirdest dreams tho rofl.

QUIGGS - Welcome on in hun .. and venting is a good start lol .. better to get it all out in the open right from the start. Just like everyone on here you have challenges to face and its hard when one of them is a family member ... esp when there are enough out in the big wide world already .. that is probably my biggest pet peeve .. the thought that a family can make someone feel bad about themselves when there are enough strangers that do that .. fortunately you can pick your friends and I hope you will look on us as that and we will support and kick booty when required lol. If you can have a good talk with your dad, tell him that his negativity is a negative for weight loss progress (my mother did that and I was bulimic in my teens - which I still fight a little even today almost 20 years later! and my daughter stopped eating last year when my mother kept telling her that she needs to lose weight and pointed out everything she ate etc)... if he really wants to help, shut up unless he has a positive comment to make. Big Hugs.
I agree with Rayne about the reward system too .. sometimes the loss of weight isnt enough of an award in the first stages of weight loss, and even in the later stages. Some of the treats or rewards I have had are - A new dvd, a new bear for my collection, having my hair done, a new outfit .. some of the things still on my reward list are things like other clothes lol .. a holiday somewhere .. more bears lol .. a day at a spa .. a bbq party ... a family day out ... basically .. make a list of all the things that you would like ... work out a reward system .. for the minor achievements (although I dont regard any achievement as really minor) do smaller treats .. maybe day at a river or something like that .. then work your way up to some of the bigger ones .... and if the ultimate reward for when you reach your big goal is something that may cost a little .. get a money tin and put a couple of dollars in it every week of your journey .. I have one of those and I put in $2 for every pound I lose ... cant open it without a can opener either lol .. good luck!

RAYNE - nice to see you .. great advice for Quiggs too Very eloquent

Okee .. I think that is everyone?? Im so sorry if I missed you .. but HI and look forward to seeing you on the boards soon

Not too much in the way of news ... Im still not hitting my cal intake target .. but yesterday I got up to 1450! lol .. recently that is a great total lol .. today so far (after I have my dinner) I am barely over 1000 so I am gonna have a sammie with low fat cheese in later I think .. maybe ... will see lol ..

I got a job interview tomorrow .. its just a job at a superstore (like Walmart?) and only part time .. but that is what I wanted for now something mind numbing so I can focus on my weight loss lol .. anything too stressful or full time and I know I will go off the wagon .. its about 2km away so I will have a nice walk there tomorrow (hope the weather stays good) ... Im going to leave early enough that I can have a coffee in town and relax a little before I have to go in there so Im not all hot and red faced or whatever lol .. so Im crossing fingers for that lol ..

Well .. back to watching Starting Over .. have to get my dinner soon too ... doing lamb chops for the dogs (I just want them out of the freezer lol .. Scoot keeps buying lamb grrrr .. so if I get rid of it I can say no more rofl .. and the dogs are happy with their dad being naughty and buying lamb - for those that dont know I have 2 pet lambs in our back yard lol .. they are our lawnmowers not for the table lol).... our dogs get so spoilt .. they get better food than most people get rofl .. putting down dog food gets the look of "excuse me?? What do you think I am??" hehehe .. my babies

Have a good op day everyone!

1 - I have a job interview!! (first one in about 7 years!!)
2 - Its been a beautiful windy day .. maybe a little too windy rofl .. but its still be a nice sunny and warm day!
3 - One of my oldest friends is pregnant again! (she had her first baby 2 years ago after multiple miscarriages and problems so this second pregnancy is a bit of a miracle too!)
4 - No bills came in the post! rofl
5 - I paid for the last of my Angel Dvds and they are in the post! woohoo (will have the whole series of that now )

Love and Laughter!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Quiggs – first welcome and second, there’s an indoor exercise you can do, plenty of them. Yes they might be boring but then again look at your life now and try to imagine it in a year or two. Is it worth spending a few boring minutes exercising or you wanna be like that next year and a year after ect. That’s how I look at it. I don’t feel like exercising every day but I do I force my self, I think of how my life may change when I lose weight and Im positive and motivated. You just need to set yourself a goal. Doesn’t matter if is it for health reason or any other reason you just need to be focused why are you doing something and you really need to want it. And Im sure it will motivate you enough to spend a few minutes a day, no matter how boring they might be
This board can give you lot of support and motivation!! or you can just use it to scream or whatever makes you feel better Its good to have a place where you can say what’s on your mind, where you can be yourself and you know you wont be judged by the way you look. So feel free to rant whenever you feel like it lol and WELCOME again

Misti – im so sorry there’s still no progress with that scale of yours. But there is a major difference on the pics you posted..wow. I remember you once said, you see the difference on your body, like the leg muscles?! I remembered that last night when I was working out I have this big mirror and I work out half naked lol (it’s a good thing I don’t have my glasses on when working out or I wouldn’t do that ) Anyway, last night I’ve noticed Im starting to get nicer legs, the skin improved a lot too, the muscles are showing, .. I love it lol

I just have a question which bugs me a lot. And this question is to those who have lost a lot already. What happens with the skin on your inner thighs? I know I gonna have a bit of extra skin on my body but Im worried about the inner thighs though cos there I don’t really have such toned skin as everywhere else. I know Im making problems where I really shouldn’t but If I had a crystal ball the first thing I’d check out would be that part of my body lol, I just have the worse feeling about it. Blah Im horrible…

Kayley – I don’t know if I ever told you but I love pictures of you and your boyfriend. You look so good together and so happy. .really sweet

Katt – yup there’s a big difference on your before/now pics. WTG!!!
Good luck with the job interview!
I had to laughed reading on what you feed your dogs. Mine was also so spoiled, when it came to food. I remember once I didn’t have any dog food left at home (he loved it) so I cooked something for him..when I gave him that I got that ‘excuse me look’ lol and he turned the bawl around refused to eat anything. I was forced to go to one of those 24h opened shop (it was quite late at night) to buy him something to eat. I mean really And he would never start eating if I wouldn’t pet him a little bit, he just wouldn’t touch the food lol

Its just a quick post, so hi to everyone else and hope youre doing well

There are so many new names on boards lately so welcome to everyone and hi and hope to get to know you all soon.

As for me…I’ve changed my tracker again yes, yes, yes

You all have a lovely day, Im of to do some workout and then need to go to work. Stay OP everyone.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:12 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

I just have to post this :
Relax with a Hot Chocolate Milk Bath
Here's a great way to put that cocoa in your cupboard to good use now that you're eating right — mix up a luscious hot chocolate milk bath! It's easy. Here's what you'll need:
1 cup dried milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup baking powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Thoroughly combine all ingredients and store in a clean, dry container until you're ready for your chocolate pampering.
When the mood strikes, make the bath solution by heating 3 tablespoons of the mix with 1/2 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Bring to a boil. Add the hot mixture to bathwater while the tub is filling. You'll emerge from the tub silky smooth — and without any regrets! Mmmmm. Isn't that delicious?

OK if anyone's up for this do it and let us know, I won't I'd probably end up eating it

Now Im really off...byeeee
Closed Thread