Old 04-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #481  

Sakai – Ahhh the jumping scale. It never ceased to amaze me when you don’t actually eat that much. I’ve got a number of friends doing Keto. I don’t think I could. I love my carbs and really, anything that makes you feel like death for a few weeks before you feel good…I can’t get my brain to believe that’s good for you long-term, no matter what the science says. Not to mention my nutritionist would lose her mind if my high cholesterol, high BP self started sucking back the fats. She’s actually not a fan. But hey – it seems to work for a lot of folks so YOU GO! You’ll be back where you want to be soon.

Lemon – I got stuck on this phrase - 4 gal bags of dried morels! OMG! I can’t find them to SAVE MY LIFE! In 3 years, I’ve found FIVE. Not five gallons – FIVE MUSHROOMS. They just don’t grow where I look. So I content myself with other types of shrooms…but hubby and I are going hunting this weekend if the weather cooperates a bit. Hang in there hun and you’ll see that 219! You can do it! I’ll join you…but I have a good long way to go to get to a new (lower) decade!

Toasted my friend – being a negative Nancy does happen to the best of us and I’m sorry you have been struggling with the blues. It’s really hard some times to get out of the blah’s. But hang in there! It always gets better.

Jenni – Congrats on the NSV! All that stress had a good impact perhaps? Again, still sending out good vibes for your hubby’s fast recovery!

As for me – well…the best laid plans of mice…I fully intended to go home and make a healthy dinner and watch Justice League and instead right at quitting time hubby called to tell me his father was going to the hospital. By 6 we knew it was a TIA – a mini stroke. Hubby was NOT staying home, so I went with and we had McDonald’s for dinner. FIL was doing very well when we left. I haven’t gotten an update. Drove thru a HORRIBLE thunderstorm with fog and hail and got home after midnight last night. To bed about 12:30 or 1 for me. Hubby stayed up sick to his stomach and so he’s home today, but I got up and came to work.

Up side – even with McDonald’s, I stayed within my calorie goal. So there’s that.

Today I’m TIRED – but I’m not eating all the things – including the carrot cake in the break room – so I’m calling it a win. But BOY could I use a nap.

Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:51 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Lil: sorry to read on the FIL. You never know the reaction of the child when it’s life threatening no matter the age. Usually they can straighten TIAS easily. Family history here - speaking of years of ok! Sometimes it’s just a medicine adjustment or needing to go on meds. I hope all stays well for your family.

And yes - that many. My ILS own lots of wooded acres and my MIL enjoys the hunt. That particular year my BIL was hunting them with her so two sets of eyes and hands is always better. And I think it depends on the weather and how growth is.

Jen: yeah for feeling better about it all. Again - it’s hard to hear about life upheavals no matter the circumstance. I know we need to do a will too. We have the insurances in place (oh how I grumble about the costs and money down a rabbit hole) but still need to do the will but there is cost. So as a just in case I have something written down at least in my papers. I know it’s not legal - but it at least has our thoughts on paper for whomever needs it.

Toasted: I’m sorry your a negative nelly or Nancy! I’ve been there too. I do hope things perk up for you. You mentioned your leaders visit - is this a scary thing or just rather an annoyance because of the security? Well - I do hope your day gets better. My house for the moment is quiet as kids are in the snow.

Am: been helping edit down the kid’s paper so it’s not too long. I get it she should do it - and she has some but it wasn’t getting shrunk - it got larger. So simplifying sentences and cleaning up a lot of repeating type phrases helped. But I read faster than them so I hope it’s ok. Maybe w/practice and confidence they will get it to my time frame of reading.

Otherwise currently the snow is petering out but the town plows have really cleaned the road. Maybe they know more than I!

So when I finished my IF for today I went overboard on my first meal. I had a banana, a kohlrabi, 6 grape tomatoes, an avocado, egg, string cheese and 1/2 a whole wheat bagel w some butter. And I’m stuffed and I hope it stretches me to dinner time. So like two meals at once. I need to start on my water here in a bit. But I will say the produce is what was calling my name today and it was good.

Happy afternoon all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-03-2018 at 12:53 PM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #483  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: I'm fighting for a new decade too, trying to get out of the 250's. So, I'll join you in the struggle. Drives me nuts how hard it is to break through sometimes! Sounds like you're doing well today!!

Sakai: Yeah, I would think that the 3 pounds is not real weight. Hopefully you can see it come back off soon! Such a struggle!!

Lilion: Hope your FIL is ok. Has he had trouble with strokes before? My MIL had some and now is in a facility. Her strokes were pretty bad, though.

Jenni: So good to hear from you. I am sure you have lots on your plate right now. Congrats on the NSV!!! I think that with clothes fitting again is one of the best because you know there is change, you can see it right in front of you!!

Toasted: It is hard to have the time off, but then you are faced with catching up again. Such a pain! I hope you are having a good day!!

As for me, no weigh in today. I am feeling like there is a little retention going on today. Today is a rest day, so hopefully that will help. My back was so sore this morning, and I'm not sure why. So feeling achy and old this morning.... Food wasn't great yesterday. I'm like everyone else, with all the Easter leftover candy and goodies. I need to be better today.

So, back to spin tomorrow. I love the later mornings with a rest day, but it also makes me kind of antsy.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:42 PM   #484  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Evening all

Lemon- A haboob is a massive dust storm. If you googled it, then you most likely saw the pictures of a dirt wall swallowing Phoenix. We still say dust storms, but that's only for dinky little clouds kicked up by the wind that only last about 5 minutes. And Dust Devils, the small tornado-like dust thingies.
We do have Seasons, they just happen at different times than most places. It was a VERY mild winter with maybe 1 week of below freezing temps. But February was wet so Spring came weeks ago. (You know groundhog day where they always say 6 more weeks of winter? Yeah not in Arizona, that's around the time spring starts) My Man and I went walking at 9 this morning at it was already over 80F. All we can do now is hope for a good monsoon. Last year was crap.
(Although the top half of the state may be different right now. I know Flagstaff will be cold until June-ish)

Lillion- Sounds like a rough day! I can understand just slipping in for an easy meal during something like that. But as you said, at least you stayed under calorie.

When I first researched Keto one of my main issues was the risk of high cholesterol. Right now my Dr. says it's in the normal range. And at my weight, means I'm lucky. But I follow a mostly vegetarian Keto. I have eggs (Because I raise chickens) and sometimes beef, but most of my fat intake is from Avocados, Coconut oil and nuts. I'm light on the cheeses because I'm lactose intolerant. So no milk or heavy cream for me unless I want to ruin the rest of my day.
Getting Into Ketosis was pretty easy for me. I read about "Keto flu" And expected worse but really I felt bad for literally one hour. A wave of nausea, tiredness and a slight headache. I felt worse detoxing off soda. I wasn't convinced I was even in Ketosis. But I finally got some test strips and I was WAY into Ketosis.
I don't really miss anything except for Rice. My man and I were big rice eaters. Sometimes we would just make a meal out of a bowl of rice with some seasoning. Our weight was doing nothing but going up. So I guess the thing that Keto taught me is that I needed more fat in my diet.
Some people benefit from "Carb up" Days and apparently, I'm not one of them. @.@ next time I'll up my carbs gently over the days and keep testing to see just how many carbs I can have before the weight loss stops. (Once it starts again. egads)

Last edited by Sakai; 04-03-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:41 AM   #485  

99oz water no walk

Kids go to school!

This mama is dancing!

Ok enough celebration - I do love ny kids but sometimes school is a better fit. With the snow everyone else is delayed and we’re still on time. So I’ll have to get everyone moving here in just a bit.

Weight yeah well - I was kind of ok until dinner and then I had more Mac and cheese then I should have. I had made salad to go with but my romaine tasted weird. I just think it was too old. And then I had easter bunny chocolate - Ugh so I try again today.

I think today will see me sticking to the veg and eggs. No I can not do what I did yesterday. It was cold and my kids wanted comfort foods and I obliged and I don’t make two different meals to accommodate. Hey - I’m a work in progress.

Sakai: thanks for the info! I always think it’s different when we pick up other places in the world terms for things in our areas. Yes, rice can get you tripped up! I try to keep to once or twice a month and then I make sure it brown or wild so the body can work a bit longer with it. Or whatever it does. How many chickens do you have? Are you on a farm or have a small coop in the backyard?

Lil: how’s FIL and DH? I hope they both are doing better! Did you get a healthy meal in yesterday? Have you given more thought to sewing streetwear for yourself? I have to get crackalackin on my dress and maybe a skirt. Because what I made last summer is again too loose.

Laurie: how are you doing?

Diane: sure join me in my decade fight! Today im not working the scale right but it helps to know I’m not the only one struggling with such. Did you get that hike in? What are some of the views you see as you go? Mountains? Woods?

Toasted: hope today found you in a better mood and slaying the day!

Uber: hope travels are going well!

Jen: I forgot to say good going on the weight loss with all the worries!

Hello everyone!

Am: I’m trying but this week evidently not very well! See it’s because I threw out to the universe a new decade to think about. I have a 19 on my monitor but I’ve been looking at that darn number since Christmas!

With the kids getting back to school maybe just maybe I will get the walk back in or finally start setting my alarm at 5 to go walk. Sometimes it’d be lovely if you could just blow through numbers easily. Funny how that doesn’t work.

Ok I’ve got to get kids ready to get to school - project is due so Mom is on the run with that. Happy day all. I’ll pop in later or when my world settles a bit and I can catalog a breath!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #486  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so I weighed in today at 190!!! Last week, I was at 186 which was depressing enough (because I maintained in the late 160s to early 170s for 5 years) but now I'm sliding my way back to two-derland fun times. Rationally, I'm trying to acknowledge to myself what I know to be true that I obviously didn't gain 4 lbs in a week, but the number IS bothering me, and although I've pushed it aside and have chosen to move on and be positive, I know it's joined the "bubbling underneath" things that give me anxiety and contribute to stress. What else can I do but persist, though.

Yesterday went well. I stayed within calories AND I walked 10,000 steps. I'm quite proud of the 10,000 steps because working out almost didn't happen at all as I got home, forced myself to do 15 minutes of a 40 minute workout video before accepting that I just wasn't feeling it. I felt exhausted (3 hours sleep) and my knee hurt and I just felt too "meh." I walked my hallways in the end though and got up to a hard won 10,000 steps. But then I also went to be late and woke up dog tired and didn't work out and so the cycle continues... sigh. I'm actually in moderately good spirits, I think, even though I'm not sure that's coming across. I'm just so tired.

Jenni: Yay pants NSV!!! You're killing it even through everything going on. You're a total rockstar!!!

Lillion: Thanks for the encouragement and understanding. Life happens vis-a-vis McD's, but good on you staying within calories. I hope your FIL is doing better.

Lemon: The president's visit is not a scary thing, well except for the justified fear of horrible standstill traffic and the annoyance at all the road closings for "security purposes." Sighhh! Your "going overboard" at fastbreak doesn't seem so bad in terms of nutrition and food quality, but I can see how it could affect your calorie bottom line. At least it was balanced, I'd have been the one eating bread and dark chocolate because I didn't plan or prep ahead. I hope project submission went well and you're revelling in a quiet and peaceful house whilst your kids are at school. Don't beat yourself up about yesterday not being what you planned, tomorrow/today is a new day.

Sakai: It seems like your body really likes a keto way of eating. I also lose weight best on low carb, but I find keto a bit taxing digesting large amounts of fat in one go (digestive issues) plus I have major carbaholic ways. You're super blessed to be able to slide right into ketosis- my mom had all the keto flu issues... ALL of them and it wasn't pleasant. What's your keto process? Are you meal planning/prepping or doing a challenge? Are you calorie/macros counting? Or are you just freestyling and picking high fat options? I play with the idea of trying out keto short term all the time, but I'm scared of my digestion and all the fat, but I'd give i a try to be sure. I love hearing about other people's ways of eating so if you're willing to share, I'd love to know your "a day in the food life of Sakai."

Actually, I'd love to know what you all are eating today. I've been obsessed with those kinds of videos on YouTube recently so if anyone wants to share, I'm happy to read. Today so far I've eaten a very unbalanced diet- I had a plain bagel by itself for breakfast, a grilled chicken breast for lunch and I'm going to have mashed potatoes, some deep fried (unbreaded) barracuda and fried plantains for dinner. I don't really eat fruit much but I definitely need to up my veggie intake. My goal today is to drink at least 2 liters of water today, to eat within calories, and to exercise for at least 30 minutes (or get in 8000steps). Wishing you all a great day!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #487  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lil: I really hope your FIL is okay! Man heart attacks and strokes are so worry some. I was telling my mom that the brain and heart are two things not to mess with. My hubby has stenosis in his neck so he gets pains down his arm ALL the time. I think that is why he confused this with just heartburn. It is so scarey when these things happen. My weight is not dropping any faster with the stress (I wish). I seem to be a steady slow loser. I have really tried to not cave in and emotionally eat, because that is my norm. This is where I have failed so many times before and I refused to do it to myself once again. I am taking up to writing things in a journal, it seems to help some!

Diane: Water retention is a weird thing. And what is even weirder is that it happens to me weekly. I was hoping that through good eating and moving it would go away, but I was wrong. I hope you are feeling better and that you get to 240 range soon!!!!!!! I despise plateaus that want to just linger.

Sakai I am so glad to hear that you get your blood checked while doing Keto. When my hubby had a heart attack they actually asked me if he was doing Keto. They told me this is on the high rise of people coming in with heart attacks while doing Keto. That was really scary to me. They said often times they don't get their blood check and boom they end up having a heart attack for blockages.

Lemon: I remember that same feeling when I stayed home with my kids. Yes we love them, but we also need breaks. Its especially hard when it is cold outside and they have to stay inside. You will get to that 19 number! I believe you will do this. One thing that I have learned is that stalls may happen through this process. I have planned out a whole map of losing, but there will probably be many detours on that map. The most important thing is to keep trying through the process and never give up. I have yo yo so many times so keeping the focus is so important to quit the yo yo cycle. You got this!!!!!

Training went well yesterday, I learned so much and cannot wait to figure out what our projects will be. My scale needs batteries. I guess that will keep me off of it until I decide to go get the replacements. LOL Hubby is doing better. He has more family coming in and I am a little frusterated that they are asking him to pick them up at the airport, because its a little over an hour away. I just think they need to be prepared. I also feel like my hubby is going to want to take them everywhere and he just doesn't need that right now. I am out of sick time at work, so I have to be there. The jooys

jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #488  

Toasted: what type of fruit options do you have available to you now? The bagel by itself is going to make you scream food (sugar!) to compensate fairly quickly or I should say in my own world. Can you help that along w some protein? An egg or cheese? Do you have string cheese there? Almonds? As for veg - where I live it’s mainly root crops now even though stuff comes in from South America - I just find it tastes off (soil or chemicals? I don’t know but it does have more metallic tastes to me). And right now the stuff coming from CA has gone up by $2 or so - and I let that stay at the store. This girl has principals on her veg costs . One thing I use to do was make egg cups in a muffin pan - like a mini omelet and I’d take them out and warm in the microwave. Sure eggs reheated kind of weird - but w he stuff in it wasn’t too bad - I’d use cheese, spinach or muchrooms, Canadian bacon diced, peppers or tomatoes. Whatever you like with eggs I guess. I’d pop them out if the tray after a bake and freeze. Worked well when I’d cart them to work on long days. Of late soups have been my hidden veg carrier. I have found I have to make sure I have meat in there or too, I climb walls.

Jen: yeah for good training! I’m sorry but family can be so dumb sometimes - my own included. I think they forget when someone is out of the hospital that doesn’t mean they are cleared to drive or have 100% energy or run full tilt. Sometimes I think that’s because they forget to realize those who never have had major health issues can just shake it off and get on with it. Hopefully DH can advocate for himself and say I love you but - find a ride, a rental etc. if he has a hard time doing that then you’ll need to step up - of course polite and all because I know the IL game and toe stepping sometimes you have to do

Am: well the day has gotten on. I did some straightening and got books back to the library. Checked my plants - I’m ready for dirt playing and instead I HAVE ABOUT 8” OF SNOW OUT THERE AGAIN. good gravy - winter was over 1/2 month ago wasnt it? But not having kids home even if for a bit is nice.

I tried my band stretching to help my shoulder - I about fell over the third time I tried. I don’t think I’ve torn my rotator cuff but darn Ive limited range of motion. I can do the front side fine it’s the back motions I struggle with. So I will try to continue and see if I can get it feeling better. I hate aging in case you can’t tell.

I should pay bills. I should balance check book. I should deep clean my house. I should walk. I am content to sit. I am content to just stay quiet and take it easy. I am content to find some happy in my day.

Now I’m off to go figure out maybe what plants I may need when all this crappy white stuff outside goes away. We are to get more tomorrow into the weekend. Ugh
Old 04-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #489  
Diane

Sakai: Thanks for more detail on Keto. I've never looked into it much before, so I didn't really know what it entailed. You just have to do what works for you!! I know that people are surprised that I don't have a specific diet, just counting calories. Well, that's what works for me. Everyone is different! What kind of chickens do you have? We also raise chickens. We currently have a bunch of different varieties of bantams. But their egg laying capabilities have been waning, so we might be switching to just a normal sized egg laying breed.

Lemon: Yeah, Easter leftover candy/treats are not doing well for me, so I'm right there with you. And, since I also talked about the decade change I want, the scale is being stubborn. On the hikes, if I just go locally, it is more of a dry area here, so mostly I go into the canyons and hillsides. Sparse on trees, mostly pinyon pines, but lots of rocks and lizards.

Toasted: Yay for you on the steps! That's a victory. You'll get that weight back off, I know it! Hope you can get some sleep soon. As for what I'm having for food today... well, I'm not fixing barracuda! But what a cool thing! So far for me, a protein bar for breakfast, lunch will be a sandwich, greek yogurt, apple and zucchini. Dinner is still in the planning stages. No idea what I'm fixing!

Jenni: Ugh! Family... I hope you aren't going crazy with all of the visitors. That is not my thing at all. I love my family and all, but I really like to be home alone with my immediate family. Maybe with going back to work, things will seem a little more normal. I hope you're doing ok!!

As for me, I didn't weigh in again today. Well, I started to, but the scale was heading up way higher than what I wanted to see, so I got back off. It was honestly in the 254 range. Still feeling like I'm a little puffy. Someone at the gym told me that I looked like I had been losing some weight recently, so that made me feel better. Things are progressing, but sometimes these stalls are such a pain.

I went to spin this morning, and I'm planning on going to body pump tomorrow. The big temptations at home from Easter are gone now, so hopefully I can do a little better with food at night.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #490  

Toasted, What am I eating? I had Greek Yogurt for breakfast, a banana as a snack and well, then this happened:

I got back after moving my car at 11:30. I come in the building and two of my male coworkers are there. One says to the other, "Well there's Lilion. They must not be waiting for her."

I say, "Umm. No...no one's waiting for me, I was moving my car" and get on the elevator.

I get off the elevator and see other co-workers including my friend and co-worker Michelle, who's is holding MY purse that she took from my office.

M: There you are!
Me: Uh...
M: Come on!
Me: Why?
M: What are you doing for lunch?
Me: Eating my chili.
M: Is it heated up yet?
Me: Uh...no, it's in the fridge.
M: Then I'm taking you to lunch.
Me: Okay…Why?
M: Because you had a sucky-*** start to your week and I say so.

She hands me my purse and pushes me back onto the elevator. Michelle is kind of a force of nature, like the tide. She just isn’t one you argue with when she’s in certain moods. You just roll with it or you get swept away.

So, I had Lobster Bisque and salad for lunch. Which I thought soup and salad would be a good choice, until I got back to the office and looked up Lobster Bisque, which is a VERY. FATTENING. SOUP. And I had probably 2 1/2 cups of it and lots of salad...and bread with olive oil

Yeah…I’m not going to stay under my calories today.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #491  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, so I meant to check in to update my food yesterday but I got side tracked trying to get to 8000 steps which took basically over an hour (I started from like 1800 steps achieved by like 10.00pm- yes yesterday was THAT sedentary). To be honest, I'd rather do a shorter, more intense workout with some heavy duty cardio and weights, but I've been sleeping really late (3am last night) recently and oversleeping and then I feel like I'm dragging during the day PLUS I have a pain in the ball of my right foot, which has been making me land awkardly during plyometric moves and actually even just walking and that's making my already sensitive right knee hurt. I KT-taped it yesterday night and it helped a bit, but I'm not sure what that's about and I really don't want to have to try to find a podiatrist here.

Okay so back to food and general check in. First of all, I LOVED seeing what you guys are eating so please feel free to keep sharing until you get sick of it, I won't get sick of reading your food plans for the day. I think I might continue to post mine because I found it really helpful yesterday. When I saw how stark my food looked, it inspired me to throw in some steamed mixed vegetables (the corn-free kind that comes frozen and just has the peas, carrots and green beans) with dinner and it was good. In the interest of full disclosure, I had a small roasted plantain with my chicken breast, I had 1 medium-sized chocolate cookie that my colleague offered me right before I left work at about 7pm, and I had 4 table water crackers plain whilst I was waiting for dinner to be ready. As you can see, all carb additions- I'm not exaggerating about my carbaholic ways. I like meat well enough, but I can also quite happily do without it. I eat fats like nuts although I don't really like nut butter, but it's not like when I see nuts, I want to eat them- I find them too calorie dense for the level of enjoyment and fullness I get out of them. What I am passionate about though unfortunately, is carbs- and unfortunately because I know I lose weight faster on lower carbs but my digestive issues are better with carbs and I'm a more pleasant person. Anyway yesterday ended around 1500 calories, about 17 calories over where I wanted to be, but I did get to 8836 steps after an hour of walking so let's take the wins where we can.

Jenni: I'm so pleased to hear your husband is much better. I'm glad you're enjoying your leadership training!!! Is there any way you can kind of hint your hubsie's relatives that he really shouldn't be doing too much as per doctor's orders. Or is he the sort that can tell them himself. I know in-law relations can be a little awkward but someone needs to be his advocate and ensure that he rests so that he can get better completely.

Lemon: I'm in the tropics and it's just gotten to peak mango season. But other than mangoes, because of the year round warm weather, we always have bananas (oh na na), papaya, watermelon, pineapple, melons, soursop, guava, citrus fruits, dates, coconuts, avocados, grapes, pears and apples (from the less rainy but still super warm part of the country), and sometimes greenhouse strawberries, and that's just the local fruit- not counting the imports which include berries, plums, peaches, kiwi, lychee.. etc y'know foreign-y fruits... lol. At home, my dad grows pineapples and papaya in his garden and we used to have mangoes as well but the roots were hurting the fence? Anyway, although there's all this fruit, I barely eat any of it. I'm not a huge lover of fruit and fruit just isn't a huge lover of my digestion- I think the fructose is the problem- because I also struggle a bit with honey. I do make a special effort for mangoes and bananas because I like them but only occasioanally and in small quantities. I know I need to do better with balancing my meals at breakfast and lunch. I actually used to do the egg muffin thing but I don't love eggs like I used to anymore, but I also don't hate them so I suppose in the interest of balance I could go back to that. Or even just boil some eggs. Lol at extortionist Cali veggie costs and refusing to pay extra out of principle! I feel you! Are frozen versions cheaper? Are they an option for you? They don't always taste the same but sometimes if you defrost them carefully, the textures aren't too different. I hope your shoulder feels better soon and you get a better range of motion.

Diane: I'm a calorie counter too. I've played around with all sorts of things but always centered on calorie counting. I'm also having unmoving scale issues. Well, in fairness, the scale went down half a pound but really! The stalls ARE the absolute pits! What protein bars are you currently liking? Do you have them pre-workout? or post?

Lillion: Nothing like a benevolent food pusher to get in the way of good intentions. AND one of my absolute worst things is going to a restaurant and thinking you made a somewhat saintly menu decision only to discover later that you might as well have just had the fries. Those restaurant salads be TRIFLING! Well as you say, we go again today.

Today's food intake plans: So far, I've had a plain bagel with nothing on it and crushed ginger juice (basically ginger blended with water and a little sweetener and lemon)- soooO good (the drink not the bagel)! But all carbs. For lunch in about an hour or two, I'll have a couple of pork chops. Dinner is a wilted salad (because I don't eat raw vegetables) with some avocado, a whole wheat pita, a tablespoon of sesame-ginger dressing and half a grilled cornish hen. Estimating on MFP, that's another day in the 1500s calorie-wise except with absolutely no lee-way for schnacks (womp womp!!!) My goal for today is not to exceed the 1500s on MFP AND to work out for at least 30 minutes or get in 8000 steps for the day. Wishing you all a fab day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #492  

99 oz wAter
No walk

Toasted: wow you have an awful lot of offerings. How about try watermelon? I have lots of success with water weight when I eat that after dinner and by morning I’m sprinting to the bath. In regards to your fructose - is it that or something else? I have been reading on foods that cause my mouth to itch and they are finding that those same foods are the ones that can trigger allergies and it has to do with similar pollen types. It’s quite an interesting read. My issues lead me to a possible latex allergy for the ones I have problems with. Mangos are one too that cause this for me. How nice your dad raises them. Darn fences! There’s always a growers issue.

Lil: oh the bisque! I hate soups like that which are calorie pits! And I like a good creamy soup every so often and using skim milk never results in the same - I’ve tried! Well, I’m glad you enjoyed it and had a nice lunch w your co-worker.

Sakai: how are you?

Diane: sounds lovely I’ve been to Colorado twice - once on Amtrak and stopped to visit family for a few days before traveling on and for a wedding. Such pretty scenery! That’s nice you don’t have to deal with all the wooded area or large mountains to climb up.

Jen: so we are similar in height and look at you in the smaller sizes! I’m still in it fits but leans more to snug side - 16s. Only in the past was I able to get to a 14 when I was 175 lbs. and I haven’t been that for decades! However I just bought some new undies at Walmart 4/$5 in a 9 and they are too loose I’m finding. So I think that’s a good problem to have. So keep up w your loss. Have you been able to get a short family walk in? I haven’t - too darn much snow AGAIN and 6-10” more Sunday/Monday. Let’s hope this is one of the weather man being so off it’s laughable!

Hello all!

AM: I’m up and not really moving. I’ve got to get kids fed and dressed and out for the bus. Then I have to get myself ready as it is therapy day for the little and we will have to make that trek. Yes that means I need to look presentable and not as messy hair and no makeup that I sport mainly. Alas - in other words I’ll look like I’m trying

My foods for breakfast: hard boiled egg, string cheese, an apple. I’m grocery shopping today so I’ll have more fresh produce here later today. Dinner I’m unsure of but maybe roasted root items (sweet potato, potatoes etc) and chicken breast and fresh green beans. I’d love to refill my freezer of meat items but 1/4 cow is about $450 when all is said and done and right now that’s a no. I need to get more chicken breasts and pork I’m on a hiatus from and do not mention fish - I’m so not adventurous w fish. I still have lots of ground pork but that’s unappealing for me and by rights too old and should go. I’m interested in finding something else to add for snacking too so maybe I’ll get some hummus again. Or maybe see about making my own. Who knows what I’ll find today or what ideas will smack me as a try.

Alrighty - this thread is almost slayed to the 500 number! My weight is still in the 20s but maybe just maybe in the next thread I’ll finally find the 10s.

Have a good start to your day all! Enjoy the start!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 04-05-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #493  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone! I missed yesterday! The time just got away from me. I'm a bit behind! @.@

Lemon- I have 11 laying hens and 2 roosters. I get about 8 eggs every day. I have a backyard coop. You're so close to your goal! I'm sure by the next thread you'll reach it!

Slashnl- I have Wyandotte and Rhode Island Reds. I used to raise Easter Eggers. And I wanted to get some more this spring but haven't found anyone selling EE chicks. I'm still hoping but If I don't find any after the end of this month, I'll just wait until next spring. I just love their blue/green eggs.

Toastedsmoke- When I was researching Keto I couldn't believe what I was reading about how much fat a person had to eat. I've been fat my whole life, I've yet to know life as thin, so about 25 years of my life (i'm 33 now) I've had it drilled into my brain that fat is bad for me. So it was really hard to wrap my mind around eating fat on purpose. Chicken, with the skin still on? Whaaa??
What convinced me ultimately was seeing all the people at work melting off the weight. My Man was seeing it at his job as well.
So far I've no digestion problems with the extra fat. I find I eat low in calories because the fat kills my appetite.
I fast over breakfast then have a snack about 4 hours after I wake up. Normally almonds, a string cheese or a boiled egg. Then lunch is leftovers from the dinner the night before, turkey, or shepherds pie, (With cauliflower "Mashed potatoes") Some olives (green or black) or low carb veggies, like spinach, green beans/ asparagus.( cooked in real butter) By dinner time after work, I'm really not that hungry. I know for some people on Keto they will only have one meal a day, but I cant do that!! it feels wrong. So I'll make something and save most of it for lunch the next day. Sometimes If I don't feel like cooking I'll have more avocado or eggs. (I love eggs, which was why I started raising chickens)
Our "Cheat" is going to Carl's jr. and getting a burger "Low carb" (without the bun and wrapped in lettuce) Not the best, but it's a cheat and I'm still under calories and carbs so it was okay when we felt like being lazy and not cooking anything.

Confession time: ....I'm feeling down as of late. My Man is stressing out over an upcoming surgery to remove some lumps in his back that are causing him pain. The dr. determined one is just a cyst that needs to come out, as it is growing. The other, the one causing him the most pain, is a mystery. The Dr., and the dermatologist have no idea what it is.
So my Man instantly thinks it's cancer and all kinds of horrible things are in store for him. He's a sickly person, so he expects that of course, it would be the worst-case scenario. His form of freaking out is to fall into a deep depression which ultimately drags me down as well.
I'm convinced it's a Lipoma (fatty tumor) as he has three or four on his body already. their harmless, just weird. It is odd that the Dr's couldn't figure it out.
He's gained a lot of weight in the past few years, over 80 pounds and I know it bothers him. He's on the Keto with me and dropped 5 pounds this week. I tried to be super excited for him, but he still seems down. I guess once the surgery is over, then he'll be okay. Jitters I suppose, which I can understand.

As for me, the scale is finally moving along after my crazy Easter weekend. I'm back to the weight I was before the scale jump and I'm committed to keeping on track over the weekend (my weakness) I need to start consistently working out. >.< I'm really bad at it.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #494  
Diane

Lilion: Red Lobster is so good, but it is so hard to find something that won't kill a diet. I think you did as good as you can do, without going to just a salmon or broiled fish of some kind. And Lobster Bisque! Yum!!! That's nice that your coworker wanted to treat you, too. So, today is a new day, you can move on!

Toasted: On the protein bar, I have two different kinds of Quest bars that I like, and I alternate between the two. I love the amount of protein I can get for about 190 calories. Your meals sound so well planned out! I tend to throw stuff together and hope for the best. No idea what we're having for dinner tonight.

Lemon: Yeah, it is nice having the hiking that is close to where I live. I do like hiking in the mountains in the wooded areas, in the summer. But for just a quick hike, the local mountain bike trails and hiking trails are perfect. I'm currently trying to find a different hike for this summer, something a bit challenging, that would be my goal for the summer. I found one, but it was 10 miles! I think that might be a little more than I intended!! Looks like you had a nice loss this morning!!

Sakai: I'm sorry you're having a tough time with the man. It is hard to give someone reassurance when you don't know what the outcome will be. Hopefully everything will be fine and once he is past it all, he can cheer up! Re: the chickens... I do like the Easter Egg chickens too. Love finding blue and green eggs. I think they also have pink ones, occasionally, too, right?

As for me, I had a much better weigh in today. I started feeling much less puffy last night, so I was hopeful. I guess I just don't know what causes that. Yesterday, the scale was going above 254, so I just got back off. (I know, not very mature) Then, today it is 251.6. I guess I just need to either stop weighing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays or just accept that on those days... for whatever reason... my weight is higher. Weight loss is not for the faint of heart...

I missed going to Body Pump this morning because I overslept. They have one at 5:30, so I'll probably go to that one. Once I decided that I couldn't make it to the class, I thought "well, if I weigh myself and it is still up, I'm going to Burger King for breakfast". So, I'm glad it was down. But what kind of logic is that??????? Sometimes it is very apparent as to why I had gained so much weight in the first place. Anyway.... moving on.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Lemon: OMG, I need new underwear SO bad. The ones I have are so baggy so I will probably have to go get some cheap ones until I am down a little bit more. I refuse to buy the one's I like if I am not going to be in them long. Also, I need a bra oh so bad but I am so terrible at finding a cheaper on that I will like. I looked down today after I put on my bra DDD and my girls were swimming in it! We do have almost the same stats. I hold a lot of my weight in the lower half of me. I hate my calves as I feel they are huge. Usually around 215 I am a 14 (I am still in my 16s but they are getting loser), by 200 I am a 12, 180 a 10, 160 a 8, and 140 a 4. I don't know if I will hold up to these as I haven't been 215 in over 7 years. Isn't it weird how people of the same stats can have totally different body types? I find that kind of thing fascinating. I have also been fairly big boned. So at 140 I was 8 percent body fat. That is too thin for me. I am aiming for 155-160, I will reassess at 170. You have never gotten out of 14s???

Diane: How old are the batteries in that scale of yours? I only ask because it seems like it is doing VERY wonky things! I may check that. I would not weigh on those 2 days, who needs that kind of stress. You amaze and admire me on a day to day basis! Do you give yourself a rest period of 2 days? That is another thing my old trainer stressed to me, that our bodies really need that time to heal.

Toasted: Thank you so much that means a lot!!! I have missed coming on here every day. I think I am about here with life itself. We are so not promised a next day and that is a HUGE lesson I learned. As far as food. I drink a protein shake every day, oikos yogurt, almonds, and for dinner I make a lean meat with veggies and sometimes potatoes. I LOVE LOVE Mexican food, so I have to be very careful as the calories add up. I also love pizza, so I have found a better way to make these is my flaxseed flat bread and than add my natural ingredients. I am all about making food less processed and more natural. I do occasional eat out and I don't fret over it because it is part of life. I try and avoid sugar and white flour because that really affects my Fibro.

Lil: Don't you love the persuasive co-workers! This is why I am glad I only get a 30 minute lunch! You tried to make it healthy and that is what counts. Some days we go over calories but it is what we do the next day that really counts! You got this!

Saika: Hope your day is better.

Uber: I cannot wait to hear about your trip!

Laurie: You have been in my thoughts and prayers!

Okay all, I am really thinking about starting to apply for jobs I want. I have been working my way up for 3 years as a State worker and I really just feel like I want something that means something to me. With what happened to my husband I have really taken the approach to life that you have to make you happy and do what you want in life because it is SO short! I will also be planning trips to places I have never been instead of going to the same old places. This is a new mind frame I am in anyway.

Happy Thursday!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote