Old 03-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #451  

Height: 5'5"

I posted because I was afraid the website would die. Then I tried to edit the post to finish it, and it crashed. So, just posting this.

Lilion - So pithy, and descriptive of my situation as well. Weight up. Mood down. =)

As for me, I'm struggling a bit today. Divorce is looking like the best option, but I really do adore this man who is my husband and wants to continue to be my husband. All the sadness. My son just started lithium because the other meds weren't working. My daughter is in struggling through a depressive episode. And my son-in-law might be fired because he is deaf in one ear, and doesn't always hear the instructions of the medical staff in a busy ER.

But I'm training for a half-marathon. And Imma try to do things that make me feel better - like eat nutritiously. I am also training for a half-marathon at this point. Weight lifting really helped me deal with the stress of the bar exam, so hoping to get good results from this as well.

Hope all is good for everyone else.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #452  

LaurieDawn - I responded to the message you sent me earlier. SO SORRY I didn't see it until recently! I'm also sorry to hear things continue to be so difficult. You have so much on your plate. Be kind to yourself. With all you have going on, don't rush into anything. Any problem not solved today, will still be solvable tomorrow.

Last edited by Lilion; 03-28-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #453  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

JB: That's one of the toughest things, that are just out of our control. When life things get in our way and we can't do the exercising that we want to do!! Hopefully you can find some other time to work it in.

Sakai: It is so hard to work through a stall. You're absolutely right in being happy about no increase on weight, but it is hard to work through until you get to another losing period. Hang in there!!

Lemon: Yeah, the fresh veggies can't get her fast enough. It is a rough time of year to buy fresh stuff. The pricing is bad, but the quality isn't all that good either. No fun!! I keep buying bananas and apples for fruit; lettuce, carrots, grape tomatoes, potatoes for veggies.... Oh and zucchini! And yes, the color of my hair has been interesting with different colors. It looked amazing with this olive green shirt I have but hadn't worn much. And on the other side, I have this brown/yellow/black shirt that I'm wearing today and honestly, it looked way better with brown hair. Oh well. I've also been working on my makeup colors. Surprising to me is that I've needed to go a little darker/brighter with makeup. Challenges.

Laurie: So sorry for all the things in your life right now. I wonder if the running/training can be kind of a refuge for you. On the divorce issue, I wonder if you guys could try just a separation for a while. I know that when my husband and I were struggling, we did that and it actually worked out that we fixed what was wrong and got back together. I just hope it all works out for you as it should. It is hard to not be at peace in life.

As for me, I went up a little bit on my weigh in. I didn't have a stellar day yesterday with food, so not unexpected. I was pleased to have it stay within the 252 mark. I am committing to doing much better the rest of the week, hoping to get down to 251 or better yet, 250.... could one hope for 249???

I went to spin this morning, and Body Pump is tomorrow. It looks like the weather will be good for the weekend, so I'm looking forward to going on a hike on Sunday. My daughter has to work, but I still want to go. She had the day off, but offered to work for her coworker who has young kids, so that they could spend Easter together. I was proud of her! Very nice for her coworker to have that time.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #454  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Day 4 of my weight stall.
I'm just praying for a "Whoosh" when the weight lets go. I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong. My average calories for the week means I should still be losing just on BMR alone. It's frustrating, But I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated and focus on NSV. Like Not ever really being hungry and mindlessly munching. I've gone 9 days without sugar, to me that's crazy! I have lots of energy, to were it's a bit of a challenge to calm down for bed. And I don't ache as much. So, really there's a lot good going on for me.

But I just wanna lose the weight.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Sakai: good luck! I’m not one who whooshes often - so may yours find you soon!

Diane: sounds like you may be sporting some olive undertones? Play with the new colors and enjoy the difference!

Laurie: do preview periodically so you don’t loose a long post. I’ve been doing that and I haven’t lost any since. I’m sorry your world is not doing so well either. Wouldn’t a firing due to deafness fall under the disabilities Act? Just wondering, that’s got to be horrible especially if they have known up front their is hearing loss. I hope your world settles some!

Lil: how’s the mood today?

Hello all!

Am: I want sweets. Good golly - I’m doing kind of ok with the need - I’ve had salt water taffy and so I chew and chew for a while and the sweet seems to help a bit.

I’m tired and have been helping the kid w the presentation. The interest on their part is thin and im out of steam chasing for this to get done. I’d rather just be done with it and move on and not worry about it all.

I couldn’t tell you how my eating is I didn’t track calories today. So who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Happy evening.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:57 AM   #456  

Water 99oz
No walk

Kids home w spring break and knee deep in class projects. Ugh. We should have the bulk of it done today (well that’s this mamas hope!).

It’s getting colder and looking ahead at weather I’m suppose to have more snow in the next few weeks. Let’s hope the weather is not going to do this. Usually by this time of year I’m shutting off the heat at least during the day but not this year!

As for diet - I’d love to get gnoshing right now I’m hungry for fruit this am. But I’ve got what 7 hours before I can? My coffee better fill that want as my scale isn’t moving super quick but it is moving down. Keep fasting lemon.

I’m feeling better as the med adjusts, but tired is still hanging around. Not sure what that is about. Of course my sleep is still off and 330 has been my on and off wake up time lately. Sorry but I’d really like to sleep and I’m not getting that done or in.

I have no goals this week w kids home until next week Tuesday. And I’ve wasted in there. I told DH a piece of chocolate is fine - lots not so much. And since I’m going to the ILS for meal I don’t know what the food choices will be but I’m sure a lot will be sauced. I will try to be mindful.

So happy end of week for all. I’ll pop in as the day progresses or I need a break. I do hope I can keep fasting today but I didn’t have a lot of protein last night. I think that’s part of my problem. If I don’t have that in the morning I have issues.

Ok here’s to staying strong and not wanting to eat everything in my line of sight.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #457  

Hey all. No idea of my weight today. Mood is - blah.

I don't know what exactly is going on with me, but I'm TIRED! I need a vacation! lol I really sleep like the dead and then get up feeling just as tired as when I went to bed. I never seem to be rested and refreshed. Maybe it's the weather? We came home to a rainy day last Monday/Tuesday. It was nice Wednesday/Thursday. We took the tent down dry on Friday right before the rain started and then it's rained ever since! It's gray and miserable. We've had the tent floor laid out on the driveway, needing cleaned, this whole time. The buyer for our tent is coming Saturday and so last night I ended up with a long-handled scrub brush and laundry detergent and a high pressure hose, cleaning the darn thing as best I could in the cold rain. It's supposed to clear up today and be sunny tomorrow. If it's not, I don't know how we're going to get the darn thing dry.

I'm tired AND annoyed.

Food-wise, I kind of got the husband on board. We actually had salad for lunch yesterday. Today I have soup, because I didn't cook dinner. It's possible we'll eat out or something tonight as it's Maundy Thursday and we will be at church by 6:30. But at least the candy and ice cream may stop pouring in now.

Ladies, menopause is kicking my ! I read something on Facebook yesterday that made me feel SO MUCH BETTER. Basically, menopause makes you STUPID! I haven't said anything to anyone, but I've been noticing more and more just...mental deficiencies...for lack of a better word. It's the better words I'm noticing. I don't have them. I've always had a poor memory for faces and names, but I could remember pretty much anything I read or heard with that exception. Lately, I can't remember anything! If I want to say I can't find my phone, I'll forget "phone" and say ... "the thing! The little talking thing!" Two days ago I was working at the sink and hubby came in to get the coffee prepped for the next day and I told him not to start unless he was only going to do "the dusty stuff...you know, the crumbs!" I meant the grounds! I was starting to think I had a horrible brain disease or a tumor or something. Then I read that losing words and forgetfulness are VERY common in menopause! I dont' know why I'm telling you this...other than to spread the knowledge so it's less scary.

Still sucks.

Sakai I don't think I've ever given you a welcome! Here's one with Fanfare -

Lemon - You're doing so well! I don't think I understand IMF. I'm going to have to look it up. Might not be the best for me since I take Metformin and I can't take that without food. Then again, simply more exercise and less sweets will likely get me back on track.

Diane - fingers crossed for the 240's!

And that's all for me for now.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #458  

Lil: you say your tired all the time and you’ve lost weight along the line - does your metformin need to be adjusted? I don’t know how they test for but it might be worth looking into - and if they do blood work as for an iron check - even though you’ve said your in meno and all, you’ve had surgery and the like and that might be out of whack. And finally - my fav topic - how’s your thyroid? All contenders for having things checked.

In regards to IF I profess I’m not constant (I stray on weekends and celebrations) but what I find helps is to keep my eating to a certain time frame. I try to do 16 hours fast and then 8 hours of eating window. So mine I usually try to start at 11 am. and then end at 7pm for eating. I keep mine further back in the evening because DH doesn’t get home from work until 6. Maybe you can do a modified method with your med and your dinner time earlier if you live fairly close and DH schedule meshes with yours? And because you sleep through most of your fasting time - it doesn’t bother me as much -EXCEPT for today waking looking for fruit! If neither those times work for you how about cutting off everything at the same time each evening with the exception of water?
Old 03-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #459  
Diane

Sakai: Really good NSVs there! Well done on the lack of sugar. That's a tough one! But, yeah, I know what you mean about just wanting to lose the weight. The other stuff is great! But, just to see some lower numbers would be so awesome. I'll bet it will come to you soon!!

Lemon: That's frustrating to be tired and have your sleep all wonky. Hopefully that gets straightened out soon. Sorry you have snow coming. I know that I am so anxious for some warm weather! I'm sure you are too.

Lilion
: It is definitely irritating to have those memory lapses. I've seen it with some of the other women in the office here, who have already gone through it. I'm still not in it yet. Good news/bad news....

As for me, the scale was better today. It hesitated in the 251 range, but ended up 252.2. I felt pretty good yesterday with food, and I was under my calorie goal, but it was close. I don't know what the scale will do tomorrow, since I went to Body Pump today. Typically I will see an increase the day after lifting. I'll try very hard to stay on track with food!! I have spin tomorrow.

I think I had mentioned that one of the spin instructors wanted to go to Body Pump, so I had started going back to it on Thursdays so she would have someone to go with. It certainly isn't my thing to be accountable to anyone (except you guys) about going to the gym, but said I'd go with her. Well, I swear that in the 5 weeks since we talked, she's gone 2 times. It isn't that I really care, and I would go anyway. But if you make a big deal about having someone to go with, shouldn't you go??? Whatever.........
Old 03-30-2018, 12:13 AM   #460  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Lemon Been there. I feel ya. I've suffered insomnia since childhood and it's not great. In the past 5 years, I've really started to double down in the sleep hygiene because it was getting so bad my Dr. wanted me on sleeping pills. But they are too strong for me, a Benadryl would knock me out but I would be groggy for hours after getting up and I didn't want to live like that. Do you suffer insomnia or does it just come in waves? Stressed? Worried?

Lilon I'm in my low 30's so I have a ways to go before the big M, but I remember "Baby Brain" I swear I felt as though I got stupider. Not so much with words, but with things and actions and memory. And it lasted a few years after having my baby. I understand your frustration. Thank you for the welcome ^.^

Slashnl How rude! I agree that If I asked someone to go to the gym (or anywhere) with me, that I would show up, or at least call and say, they changed their mind.

Woot! The scale has moved. It's only 1 pound but, shoot, I'll take it! Down is down. I suspect my upcoming TOM is the problem.
Also, it's time to get serious about working out. Now that I don't ache as much, I've no excuse to not exercise. I bought a lovely cruiser bike and only used it twice. Time to take her out a bit more.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:24 AM   #461  

Well I’ll try this again - my phone flaked out

No water or walk

And said in my best Charlie Brown or Lucy voices UGH!!!! Argh!! My kids are home and I’m eating right with them - makes me wonder how my summer will go?!

Sakai: no, I think my sleep issues stem from my synthroid needing adjustment which I’m doing right now. It’s a work in progress as I’ve been hyperthyroid with weight loss. Otherwise my lack of staying asleep is usually stress or worry about nonsense things I shouldn’t worry on - but I make mountains out of molehills often.

And a cruiser! How nice - get out and enjoy it. My DH bought me a bike about a decade ago - it was one designed for women - however not this woman! I think it’s too tight of a frame for me and I always feel hunched over the handle bars and I feel like the wheels are always flat (it does have weight limit and at my heaviest I pushed it). I think it was designed for someone 5’ 3” and maybe 120 lbs. max with a really small butt - it feels dainty in comparison to me. I’d love a cruiser but I didn’t want to hurt DHs feelings as he thought of the gift all on his own and I don’t ride it enough to say it’s worn out. I also had hangups about my fat fanny rear view but I got over it because - hey - at least I’m moving my body! So enjoy your ride and get out there!

Diane: I’m sorry your friend is flaking out on you. I’d try to be polite and say your schedule has changed and it’s just not working for you - I’ll see you at the gym type of thing. Things like that drive me nutty. I had a friend like that once and I found it detrimental to me exercising. And yeah for daughter taking over her co-workers hours - that’s nice she’s doing it. Enjoy your hike too!

Hello all!

Am: so I’m reposting what I lost darn phone and site!

I’ve decided to not set any goals until Tuesday as my kids are home until then, I’ve got Easter in there and I’ll just try my darndest to eat as best I can. My only goal is to enjoy my family until then - even when they drive me nutty!

As for weather - I got bitter temp alerts for tomorrow! WTH?! I looked at my weather app and here we have snow and bitter temps at night for 3 more weeks and snow to boot. Who needs it. I always wonder when weather is wonky of a conspiracy theory of a nefarious group doing something w weather patterns was actually true. But I digress. I’m so ready for spring I’m chomping to go play in the dirt! So are my indoor plant starts!

So that’s all about it here - my weight is blah, I’m hoping I don’t attack the kids Easter baskets and only do my own as I told DH one good piece of chocolate is fine for me. Stay away jelly beans and robins eggs!

Wishing you all a lovely Easter season! I’ll pop in later once all kids are off visiting my ILS when we aren’t working on the project!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-30-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #462  
Diane

Sakai: Congrats on the scale movement!! Sometimes that is all it takes to get things rolling!

Lemon: Having kids in the picture really does complicate things. I've been there, done that, so I know how it is!! It is just so difficult. I know I have it much easier finding time to exercise, having the right food around, with the kids being grown. Hang in there!!! And I feel the same way as you, that it is worse for my workouts to have a "buddy". I'm going to just tell her that if she wants to go, fine, otherwise I'll see her other times. Then, I don't have to get frustrated. I'll probably still go anyway.

As for me, I had a little bit of a loss today, so that was nice! I was expecting a little bit of an increase, so I should be grateful. But... wouldn't it have been nice if there could have been just a little more of a loss, so that I could actually see the 251's???? Oh well.

I went to spin today, and I'm planning on going tomorrow, too. If I have time, I think I'll do some upper body lifting. And I really want to go on a hike on Sunday. It should be nice, so I might get some good music to listen to while I hike, and push it a little bit. It is so pretty up there, I think it is a good way to celebrate Easter. Then, dinner with the family at night. Hope all of you have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Old 03-30-2018, 03:51 PM   #463  

I am going to just post very quickly. I greatly appreciate the kind words, and I am going to try to come on tomorrow to address them.

Re: my divorce/husband. I love him. A lot. But he doesn't trust me, and I have finally come to the conclusion that he never will. I believed that if I was steadfast and trustworthy, he would see it and value me all the more because of it. But I still cannot go to the gym or even for a walk that more than thirty minutes without some sort of comment suggesting that I am using this as a pretense for cheating on him. It got worse with the weight loss, got a bit better for a while, and now it's worse again. He also essentially abandoned me when my son was in the hospital, since he disagreed with me about whether I should bail my son out of jail. (I don't know if I went into detail, but my son was just diagnosed with bipolar, and when the cops went to do a wellness check, they busted him for possession of pot.) I don't care if you agree with my decision to bail him out, but when his behavior is getting scarier and I am terrified for my child, ignoring my texts for three days because you didn't think I should bail him out is not okay. That was the beginning of the end. If he can't trust me (because of his issues, not because of my trustworthiness) and I can't trust him, I am not willing to commit the time and energy this relationship requires. Diane, if I asked for a separation, he would accuse me of only wanting to separate so it would be easier to cheat. In reality, I cannot imagine even wanting to date, let alone knock boots with anyone, for at least a year, if not longer.

Re: my training. It is not going well. I want to eat all the things, and hide under my covers. Once I make concrete steps to end the marriage, I think my life gets much, much better. Harder for a while, and certainly full of pain for a bit, but my mental state is better when I am progressing toward peace and happiness. Going to try to run this evening, and go for a long run tomorrow and get back on my training schedule.

Sigh. Life is complicated. Nutrition and exercise can make it better or worse. Obsessing with nutrition and exercise tends to make it worse. Being able to feed my body well and deal with my stress through exercise makes it much better. I'm going to try to do the second.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #464  

Laurie: man - you have everything hitting at the same time - how awful! I can only offer you a virtual hug and know if this place helps you vent or make things right in your world by getting some thoughts out - then post away. I am sorry that love is not enough for a marriage - trust is important too, I am guessing from what you said before that it’s more on his end - your progress with weight and success with work and the like. All I can say is try and find a spot where you can find happy or calm even if for but a moment in each day. Take the new tools you’ve learned in your weight loss and maybe just do the exercise and try to eat well but not micromanage the calories if that’s what works for you. I’d say don’t worry about the scale - but I’m a stress gainer rarely a looser - but maybe the best is to just focus on the small things you know you can find success with with stress in the picture.

Hang in there as best you can. Sending good thoughts for you.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:48 AM   #465  

No weigh in, water or walk

Yes I was horrid yesterday. And DH made us breakfast straightaway this morning of Canadian bacon and an egg. It was nice as it was just he and I for breakfast this morn as the kids stayed w their aunt.

It’s been raining and sleeting all night and the noise was nice as it hit my windows. Though tonight it will be 9 or so. 9. At the end of March. Brrrr I’ve already got icicles on my toes just thinking about it! So over winter!

Anyone else doing anything for the Easter/Passover season? We are just w the ILS for lunch tomorrow. Maybe my MIL and I can compare garden notes before the meal. She’s got a huge garden and mine is small but we trade info we’ve learned or read on about trying. I think she’s about ready to fly the winter coop as well. And my other Easter plan - I was going to make an Easter dress for the girl - but w the temp being so low - I’ll suggest we do winter wear tomorrow and save the dress for later on - Mother’s Day or the 4th if July at this rate! So in that respect my Easter plans are a bust. Hah!

So happy fat melting (or Easter gaining as it is at my house!). Enjoy your time with family or just your weekends in general. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be since this weeks posts have been of the sad or worried variety may next week and the month of April be a great start for all!