Old 03-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #406  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys, so far, it's been a bit of a busy day for me where I've not done any of my actual work but have helped several other people with their projects and requests, none of which were on my actual TO DO list when I got here this morning. Sigh oh well. I just ate what at the moment feels like a huge lunch. (It really was just fire roasted plantains and pork chops but now I need a nap). Hunger levels were a lot more manageable today. I think it's because I walked last night rather than anything super high intensity. Then this morning, I got up early, brushed my teeth, did a couple of meditations off Abide, got into my workout gear, including 3 sports bras for high impact (which you know is a quasi sport in and of itself), wrestled on a pair of now too tight compression leggings and 2 knee braces mind you. I put on fresh socks and sneaker. I set up my HIIT workout to go on the DVD, all "let's get it Amy Dixon! Let's get breathless".... and THEN I got back into bed and just slept for an extra hour in my compression workout gear because who wants to sleep in comfort after spending 20 minutes getting ready to work out. The MOST anticlimatic workout prep ever. EVERYONE KNOWS getting dressed for the workout is the hardest part and yet I still managed to fail. It's alright, the extra hour I slept brought me up to 4 hours 50 minutes for the night and that's enabling me to actually not be asleep in my chair right now. I'm hoping I can leave work early enough to do the HIIT when I get home so I've still got plans.

lemonthyme: Thank you for the compliments. Those were the days: My literal 5 minutes of being actively slim in life. My back story is that I was a chubby baby and a chubby toddler and a chubby child and an obese teenager etc etc but even though people brought it up ALL the time, I didn't really mind because my parents were ace at making it not matter and making me feel loved, and I was in with the "cool kids" which is a bit different here than in America because growing up, we all sort of had tiger parents who were ALL about academics so in school, the popular kids were the ones who did the best academically and class and exam scores were public knowledge, so everyone knew. I remember watching all the teen movies in the 90s and being mind blown, that slacking/sucking at academics but being good at sports was something that was supported/celebrated. It isn't like that here anymore, but it was when I was a kid. I'm glad your hubs wants to join you on this journey. It'll probably make things a lot easier. AND yay your downward trend and your hubs' first pound down. Regarding your husband's friend, I'm amazed by people who are parents right out of high school. Like in total awe of how they manage when it's an age when you're learning to manage your own self. It must be super hard... The rainy season here is like a 7-month monsoon season, so heavy rain with thunder and lightening daily, sometimes pouring rain stretching over days, sometimes just once or twice a day, occasionally you get a whole day when it's not pouring but then you pay for it afterwards... I've never been a lover of rain personally. I prefer it dry. Unfortunately, I was born in the rainiest month, June, and I've never not had it pouring rain on my birthday. What a gift! What are the cactus things you're speaking of? I'd love to know if you remember the name.

Jenni: Thanks so much for the encouragement. And major major congrats on getting into the leadership program. That's fantastic- both that your manager saw potential in you to recommend you apply AND that you got in. Congrats!!!! Booo TOM-related symptoms. I'm a couple of days away and I'm already feeling the raging "beech" tendencies lurking. Sigh.

Diane: Yay scale victories!!! You may be right about the fluctuations being workout related. My weight always shoots up if I'm sore or worked out unusually. As you say, that's part of the imperfection of weight loss science... and it is a hard, hard science. What are you big workouts you're saving yourself for?

Uber: You are truly "my people" for getting "unscripted social situation." My mom who's never met a stranger in her life but claims to be retiring has no clue what I mean- she's like "why would there be a script?" Sighhh. The social ones just don't get it. I hope you don't have too many edits to do on your manuscript. If you can share, I'd love to hear a bit about it- like what's it about? What genre? That kind of thing. But only if you want to/can. Weights are strange in that eventually the weights we aspire too are the ones we despise most when we reach. Like I was irritated being stuck at 186.5 two weeks ago... well now I wouldn't mind at all. So I get the 249.9 frustration. Your whoosh will come soon, I know. We keep plugging away at it all, I guess.

Okay guys. Wishing you all a fabulous rest of the day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

230.8 (I am so close to 220s)!!!! And OMG this was unexpected!

Diane: I am glad you had a whoosh. You are so close to the 240s! You are going to get there before you know it! I decided with the whole patience thing that I need to just trust my eating process and not fret over what my weight is so I weighed this morning and was so surprised!

Lil: Thank you for sharing your pictures! That tent is massive! I can't seem to post pics on here it always tells me no file to upload.

Uber: Thank you for the congrats. I am super excited. Sounds like we are going to work on a big project. It shall be fun. That is great that you are happy with where you are in weight loss. I am beginning to learn that lesson too. I think I was in a place where I should not weigh often, but now I am learning it doesn't matter. I cannot control the scale. So I am going to be less frustrated and trust the process more. PATIENCE...LOL

Lemon: Great job with the water and walking!!! You are doing wonderful! Thanks for the congrats, I am excited! I love my hubby the way he is too, I just want him to be happy. I know he is not happy right now with what he calls the DAD BOD. I just wish he would see that I have lost 45 pounds and know what I am doing and I can help. Working for the state they do give raises every year, so I cannot complain there. I am excited to see where your garden goes this year. I love to do it, I just never have the time.

On cloud 9 because of a great weigh in. TOM is still here and hopefully gone by Friday. I am still trying to upload those pics. I found the paper clip but it tells me there is no file after I upload it. I will try and resize them and see if that helps.

Happy Hump Day!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #408  

Hey all! I missed FIVE PAGES of posts! I’m trying to skim them, but I have a feeling no personals will be forthcoming. I just missed too much!

I’m back at work today, with access to a GOOD computer as opposed to my phone or tablet, so I’ll be able to post better. Isn’t that what my office is for?

First, and most important, WI today 275.5 – 1 pound LESS than I weighed 3/1! Which means I LOST on vacation. Too funny! I actually thought I might though – there was SO much walking and really, though we weren’t watching calories at all, there was no real snacking or deserts or sweets – so 3 meals a day, one of which was a bagel and cheese, lean meat (we took venison) and lots of walking. I know why people weren’t fat back in medieval times. LOL In all seriousness, I was busy a lot, to go to the bathroom is even a hike – if you want to find a flushie. And our camp was quite a way from the merchants and the class area and the archery range. So it was walk, walk, walk…in medieval turnshoes that have no arch support at all. After day 2 (day 1 I wore my Mary Jane Crocs and pretty much stayed in camp) I had the blisters and just generally sore feet to show it too. They did have people movers – little golf cart type things that seat 6, so you could catch a ride if you really wanted…and I did do that about half the time just because my feet hurt so bad…but really it was faster to walk. We ate out a time or two for breakfast – BIG breakfasts with all the trimmings, and had a burger and fries once, and such, but mostly we cooked in camp. I made a lovely huge venison backstrap (like a tenderloin) wrapped in bacon and grilled with veggies one night and then once I baked bread in my Dutch Oven and served venison/wild mushroom/barley stew. Those nights we invited the neighbors. I had made a ton of meat pies, but they got smooshed and really, they weren’t my best – not inedible, but not delicious. We gave those away and I think the people who accepted them probably didn’t eat them either. We ate whatever on the trip there and back too and didn’t count calories at all, including the night we got back and ordered pizza. But we’ll slowly get back to it. I still have SO much to do. Our tent is still drying in the backyard as we got rained on before we left…and then it got rained on here too! But we’ll take it down in a day or so and pack it up. It’s actually sold and the lady is coming for it at the end of the month – we’re getting a smaller one that will be easier to put up for shorter events. I’m STILL doing laundry.

Let’s see, what questions do I remember you all asking about the trip? I learned how to make glass beads. That was pretty fun and I may have to take some more lessons from an expert on that. The bed worked out fine, except we cut the slats just a tiny bit too short and so it attempted to dump us in the floor a couple times in the middle of the night! Then there’s the fact that it’s a full-size, and we’re at least queen-sized people! So we had to kind of roll in tandem – like synchronized sleeping! LOL! Next war we’ll have a queen size bed to take. Weather was lovely until Friday, when it rained. Weather was also COLD! In the daytime it was great – mid 60’s – in the night times it got to FREEZING. Literally! So thank God for sheepskin rugs and wool blankets to sleep with…and a husband who’s like a big, furry furnace!

Glad the photos can finally be seen, at least on Pinterest. Stupid thing would NOT let me post them. You know, I’m going to try again at the end here. Lemon - The blocks under the bed were 1) to keep it dry, and 2) to make it level! We were on a hill! Toasted – I did swan to the best of my ability!

Uber, We got into this just kind of naturally. I always like the fantasy and medieval stuff and started going to renaissance fairs in college. When I married my hubby, I took him to one and he was watching men make chainmaille armor and said, “I can do that!” He got wire and Youtube and other websites and taught himself! Then we found out there was a small renfair put on in our town by the local library and he volunteered to demonstrate chainmaille. While there the local SCA group was doing a demo and we met them and just kind of fell into that.

Lemon, no mushrooms yet here. Well, there might be some, but I haven’t had time to look. I always do better with fall mushrooms and luckily they are my favorites. I’ve never used a pressure cooker. I have friends doing the instant pot thing. Can you start meat from frozen in one? We always forget to thaw anything!

Re: Older parents. I am 54 and my son is 22…so yes, I was older. I have a cousin 7 years older than I am, who has a son the same age as me. My mom was also in her 30’s when my brother and I were born. There is nothing wrong with being an older parent.

I see there was a discussion of bras. I was wondering, has anyone tried that mail-order bra that I keep getting ads for on Facebook called Third Love? It claims to be the BEST bra ever and I keep thinking I may try it. I HATE bra shopping. Hate it with a passion. But I’d like someone I actually know is a real person to tell me they’ve tried it before I spend the money.

I never drink enough water. Part of the reason is I don’t want to be up peeing half the night! But I know I should drink more. I have a 34 oz bottle I drink at work and I try to get that in at home...but I just don't most of the time. I know I'd do better at losing weight with more water.

Ladies, I have been at this an hour of my work day, so I should probably try to work. Hope you all have a great day!!!

Last edited by Lilion; 03-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Toasted: they are Nopales:

How to prepare

I may just try one to see what it’s about! I still have yet to try a dragon fruit but have to be careful due to other fruit item allergies. Maybe I’ll make it my challenge to try once a month something I have never had.

Well, I guess your rainy season is my winter season in feeling! Rains aren’t bad here unless we get into a jag where it’s non ending and then flooding ensues. We had that last summer. But a nice rain storm I enjoy - torrential - only if I’m home and then I worry about the house taking on water or damage.

Jen: yeah for 230! That was the hardest decade for me to leave and now the 220s are running a bit of a close second but if I can get out of it under a years time then I’ve won!

Well if you can take a picture of your DH and if he’s open to talking about it. I think for my DH he’s been avoiding the full length mirror and blanks it out (I know I did that too!) maybe if you all have some time in the evening do a family walk for a half hour. I know it’s hard for myself to be on task and I get frustrated w my DH when he does modifications to his like today as he tore out the house. But maybe making small changes for your love and encourage him to join you. Even if you walk together twice a week. It’s something I’m thinking to propose to mine. Don’t go at it as exercise rather a time to talk and enjoy together. If he’s like every other man he may drop the weight!

Am: I forgot but didn’t forget that when my medicine chNges so does my TOM. argh! It’s back again. Might explain why I was looking for chocolate. Not sure how long it will last but 7 days between it is dumb! Flex lemon - flex!

The youngest is on way home the bus went he other half of the Street first today so they’ll be home soon. Then we’ll have to figure out the afternoon. I wish it’s warm up more so we can go outside. Not the case unless we still bundle up. Soon!

Ok I feel ok from the walk and just ate a bit so the IF is agreeing with me and recommitted focus. So maybe tomorrow the scale will be kind. Who knows I can only hope. And I’m trying to not look ahead and may change my happyscale app not to fortunetell and predict when I’ll have lost it all. It use to say August now it’s up to November. Oh life - illnesses, food, love, kids, gnoshing, stress - it sure gets in the way some moments!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #410  

Lil: bras - no I have not tried thirdlove - I think that’s who you are talking about - they are limited in size. I did their “calculator” and to get the answer they want your email. Beware - they send you like 4 emails a day. But they are also limited in size. What I did like is their attention to different boob shapes as not all of us are of the perky and high variety. But no, I’ve not tried them due to the size I measured BUT

IF someone can answer the bra fitting question:

I measured my bust and I measured my band area and I know the difference is your cup size BUT I am finding conflicting advice and I don’t know what then becomes true. I have found a couple of “calculators” half of them use the actual band size you measure and then figure the cup. The other half make you add 4” to your band size if an even number or 5” if odd and then subtract the difference between bust and band for a cup. That said for example if bust was 45 and band 38 with the first theory it’d be a 38G and with the second method and the addition/subtraction those same measurements of 38/45 the band becomes a 42C. SO WHICH IS IT?

That makes a huge difference in wires if you are so apt. I tried the one on but found the wires so dang long again and took it off right away (an overall tight 38g). I don’t have a place to easily go for a fitting (plus most arent super helpful!). It’s also a huge difference in cups. I admit my current ones are so worn and stretched putting on a tight brand new one is like torture and I’m still not sure if it’s the right size and why do we have to lift the girls on in the bras? Who invented these things?!

Edited to add: I tried on again - overview: the wires are way to wide for my boobage, too long and shoot to my armpits and I can pinch out about a folded 1 1-4” (so 2 1/2” total) dart at the top of the cup before it’s close to the top of the breast. The only thing that sounds like it fits: the band is snug but ok I don’t look like a stuffed sausage and FINALLY a bra that fits flat on my chest wall in the center - otherwise the cups are way weird. So you tell me - what should I be? Do I just grab a 38 or 42 and do I grab one of each cup size and just try on and see what fits? What’s a woman to do?

Ok sorry for my bra rant, I haven’t found a good one yet. Give me direction ladies on which method I should follow. I’ve about had it and ready to say burn the bra!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-21-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

LilWelcome back! So cool that your DH hopped onto your interest and got interested too. What a fun thing to enjoy together! And how awesome that you LOST on vacation. I find that often happens to me to-- even though I eat all kinds of things, all the relaxation, lots of walking around, and no stress seems to work wonders! As for being an old mom, I got a chuckle over here. I'm 56 and my youngest is 12! :-) It's all relative, I guess!

Toasted Ha! My mom claims to have been shy and awkward as a child, but she doesn't have a clue what it means to be socially awkward! I take more after my dad who was truly shy. I told me he hated going to parties where small talk was involved because he hated having to introduce himself and explain who he was aka "unscripted social situations..." LOL. You have rocked my world with your apt description! And, yes, I HAVE pulled on my workout clothes, crawled back into bed and slept for another hour! I'm so not a morning person that almost anything can happen! As for my book, the one I'm working on now is historical fiction. I wrote both fiction and non-fiction, but when I write non-fiction, it's narrative, so it sounds like fiction but I have to footnote everything and document my sources. TONS OF WORK! The historical fiction is based on fact, but I can take some liberties.

Jen 230.8 WOOT WOOT! There is something about dropping below 230 that just feels like ACTUAL skinny. And you are less than a pound away from a new decade! That's terrific!

Lemon Bras. Ugh! I have looked at those bra ads and been super tempted as well, but I think when I looked at the app I didn't think they had my size. I almost always wear wacoal, which are pricey but really sturdy and last for years, but recently, I needed a black bra and I ordered an elomi bra, and I was really surprised how much better I liked it than the wacoal. It is so hard to get a good fitting bra! If you do try it, I'd love to know what you think!

So, I'm happy to report that the scale went down a little-- moved in the right direction. Today I'm going to really focus on drinking my water as I've been kind of bad about that. About to dive in and finish this manuscript. Trip to France is one week away, so a BAD time to get slammed with a tight deadline, but you do what you have to do.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #412  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Sounds like you are getting back into your groove with IF and walking. That's good! I'm sure you're ready to be back to feeling normal again! Funny you mention the geranium. I did put one of mine in this loft I have, covered and in a cool area. I checked on it a couple of times, but I haven't been up there for a while. I need to check it!!! Also, yes, I love farmers markets. Once they get rolling around here, I usually go at least once a week. I love them! So ready for some freshness again.

Lilion: Well, there you go! A week of vacation and you lost a pound. Very nice!! That's a great way to end the week. And your deer backstrap meal sounds wonderful. It sounds like it was a great time.

Toasted: I guess I should explain the "big" workouts. The main one that has me nervous is a 2 hour spin class on Saturday. They have it set up that you can leave after the normal one hour, and I'm sure you can leave before the 2 hours is up. But, I really want to see if I can make it through the full time. I think it will be killer. Then, as long as the weather holds, I have a nice hike planned for Sunday.

Jenni: What a nice surprise! That's so nice to see that you had a good weigh in! You are so very close to the 220's, you must be so excited. Awesome!!

As for me, I had a little bit more of a drop on the scale. .2 pounds isn't much, but hey, I'll take it after a rest day. I went to Spin this morning and planning to go to Body Pump tomorrow. Food has been on plan, so hopefully, I can keep it going in the right direction.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #413  

Lemon....a G-cup? I can see where that would be prohibitive for a lot of manufacturers. One thing I don't have is "vast tracks of land" (as they say in Monty Python and the Holy Grail). At my heaviest I wore a D and I'm currently wearing a 40C and my cups do not runneth over...in fact, they're a tad empty. I have considered taking mine in. Having never been busty, I can't begin to think of where you'd look for bras that big other than specialty places. Around here there are a few specialty bra shops where people with fitting problems can generally find what they need. My fitting problem is just finding one the right band size for my cup size. Really, if I can get one that's close on the cup size, I generally have to use a bra extender hook thingy and go with that.

Last edited by Lilion; 03-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #414  

Lil: I had a laugh you and my DH would hit it off w your large tracts or land! Do you also do catan? Ok enough geekspeak. When I was normal size I was a 34b. My last fitting they shoved me into 42c (after I got laughed at). After reading on end - the center front should be against your chest wall Hahahahaha not mine. This is where I argue with either my tape measure or their calculators. But since I sew it’s not my tape. I get that 9out of 10 women don’t wear the right bra but I’m trying and no luck! So I’ve decided to just take one of each in the dressing room with me and will try on each. Because the size the calculator gives me doesn’t work. Argh.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-21-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #415  

Lemon, seriously, why would anyone try to squeeze you into a C cup if you have an 8 inch difference between cup and chest? That's ridiculous. You can buy a DD in ANY Store - even Wal-Mart! I know the "better" department stores, like Dillard's and Macy's, etc., you can find at least a couple of E's. Where on earth were you that they would laugh? I'm horrified! Now, anyone who's a 38 and up may not be able to find a bra at Victoria's skinny Secret - but they at least didn't laugh at me when I went there. Maybe get measured at one store, even one that doesn't carry the size, then try to find the size at a plus-size store, like Lane Bryant or Cato? I got measured once at a Dillard's and I think Macy's does it too. I understand Nordstrom is known for their fitting service, but there isn't one around here. There has to be one of those "big 3" where you are! Everyone deserves a bra that fits! (I say in my bra that doesn't fit. ) Your bra doesn't touch your chest in the center because the band is too big and the cups WAY too small! You're wearing MY size! That's like trying to pour a gallon of milk into a teacup!

Last edited by Lilion; 03-21-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #416  

Lil: the laughter came after I had weight gain post 3rd or 4th miscarriage and my boobs were in flux. The gal was at a H**es outlet - and just guffawed at the fact she thought my cup vs band was just ridiculous. I don’t know - it kind of shamed me from feeling confident in a bra fitting ever again. Where I live within an hour of me is VS, JCP or Boston Store none of the others oh and a Kohl’s, but I haven’t had much luck with those in the past. I suppose if I haul to the cities I’d have better luck.

So just so you know - I did take advantage of the too big one I just got - 38g - but it got the girls hoisted in the right position and I remeasured and so my cup size appears to be different - fine - the girls in a better bra and kind of up where they should be - I get that. However if I use 38/43 now these are what I found in my research: at hanes they have you measure your band size under your pits (really? My pits? Check it out here. Yeah, no.

So what I know came up with:

40d Soma, 40dd Linda’s, 40c wacol, 38e her room, 42a hanes which the stupid band measure puts me at 42band/43 bust), 38dd Vic secret

And do any of these agree? Heck no. I’m ready to cry if one felt the need to cry over a bra . I did discover on 3rdL that they do have shape categories and I’d have to say bell for me. Thinner up top, maybe that’s my issue that most tissue is on the bottom half but they don’t have a bra really in my size and if I’m continuing to lose weight I blanch at a $60-75/bra price from anyone for whatever time I maybe in it.

Oh and when the too big new one was on - the underwire lays low like on my chest wall - when I was thinner I always recall it would lay right under fairly close to natural crease. This one is about 1 1/2” too low like below band low and would rub and if I pull it up to be under where I think it should be, it shoves me in the pit. When I look at the plus size model photos it appears that way too - maybe I’m just wearing them all wrong?!

Sorry - but if your bra looking - good luck. It’s totally frustrating that here too there appear to be no real standards to the “standards” and I guess we all are suppose to have perky round ones, which is what standard bras have been based on (I guess better then the bullet nose cones of the 50s!) but still a long way off. Alas my search continues. I’ve already told my girl we’re goibg bra shopping and even if it means mom has to try on every last bra in the store - I aim to find something.

Am: I’ll report now - no walk for tomorrow as it’s a therapy day. I will pop in quick in am to post my weight and water intake is at 99 oz currently. I don’t know if I can do one more 33 oz before bed but may try.

Come on fat melt off as quick as you can!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #417  

Water: 132 oz
Walk: 40 min

Ok there is my accountability the bottom 2 yesterday’s news. I’ll see about getting a walk in but I’ve PT with the kiddo and I need to get a pot of plant babies transplanted before I loose them. See - LIFE.

So after my bra melt down I just said screw it and quit microlooking for an answer. I think my only away around this is take those as suggestions and grab one of each cup size and see what works. I know a time waster big time but I wish like other clothing (someday I hold hope one day they’ll change too) they would work on world standardizations that are neither from 1920 or 50 and make them similar. There are so many shapes/cultures with specific size windows I get it - but geez. You all know my feelings of plus ladies wanting to look nice and fashionable too.

I’m on this kick to do things for me. Since having my first babe I’ve put me on the back burner especially when money was tight: it was bills/food/kids/DH and then me for spending and that was like a small amount once a year. I always put me last because I’m at home and only seen at rarely (sounds horrible doesn’t it?). Anywho - not to be debbiedowner and rather Susiesunshine - I’m trying new things with me as I go about the diet (struggle). I have found a new face cream - combat the wrinkles I see. My hair took the trip a THe last few months of meds - so I got a hair butter yesterday and thus far it feels lovely as it dries! I’m looking to find some different pieces to add to my day yet still practical. So I’m taking a bit of time and money for me To update my outside package and a happier outlook.

Both DH and I are moving the scale down. I think he is still skeptical. But with the IF and adjusting to that, he is finding he’s not hungry which for him is a huge hurdle to realize. So I’m hopeful today.

Ok I’m off to pot up my babies and get them growing. Happy day all! Melt pounds away ladies!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-22-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #418  

Lemon, as I said, I hate bra shopping with a passion. So, while I have different fitting problems, I still feel your pain. And who am I to give advice? I haven't been fitted in 20 years. Sounds like you have the best idea - get a 38 and a 40 in a D and DD each and try them. You are clearly NOT a C and not a G - so you're narrowing it down at least! Cup shape changes things too! Horrible inventions. The only cup shape I like - which I don't own, mind you - is a demi - kind of the little half-cups that just lift you up. But apparently unless you are no bigger than a 36 band size, those aren't allowed. Never mind they're the ONLY ones that my boobs properly fit!

Good luck dear lady. You have my sympathies.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #419  

Lil: I’ll let you know what I find. I’m hitting up Kohl’s first as I’m not making a huge major investment at this point. I tell you - the damnable things make me grumble.

Am: I got half my plant babies potted up - dangnabit I ran out of starting soil. So I’ll have to grab more while the kid and I are out.

I feel good I’ve been doing ok w the diet this week. Repeat TOM included. My goal is stay on the path and see what I do.

Ok - here’s hoping everyone has a good day.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Toasted: I hate those hunger levels. I struggled with it so much when I first started the IF. I have found that if I eat higher protein and lower carb that the hunger does subside more. I am trying to keep my carbs below 50-60 and I don't eat starch carbs. I eat fruit for my carbs for the most part. I have found these things called flat out wraps that have like 8 carbs and I can make a wrap. With my other health issues I have to stay away from starchy breads/rice of any kind so I guess that helps me a bit.

Uber: Thank you! I was thinking the same thing about being below 230, that's when I really start to feel great progression. I will tell you that most of my XL are swimming on me now! That makes me feel so good. I think I will give it another 10 pounds before I give them to the good will. Usually around 14 I am in the Large size. My 16 pants are also loose! I feel SO good saying all this...LOL I am so excited your scale is going down too! So amazing!

Diane: Thank you and congrats on your scale moving in the right direction! I too LOVE cherry trees. I work downtown at the capital and the whole capital is surrounded by cherry trees, it is so beautiful. Spring and Fall are my all time favorite times of year, so I am excited to see everything blooming....it makes me happy!!!!

Lil: Right there with you on the dang bras......HATE bra shopping and I am wondering if it will ever get better!

Lemon: Thank you for the suggestion of the walks with hubby. I think that is a great idea and I will bring it up with him. I usually take the kids when it is nicer as it gets their energy out! And I hate bras too I never find one that fits right. I got one at VS that they fitted me with and it bruised my rib cage below my boobs....I had to go return it

TMI alert: Do any of you have an allergy to feminine pads? The last couple months during TOM I break out in a rash and it becomes inflamed down there. I have tried several different brands and nothing is working. Any suggestions?????
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote