Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Total slacker girl here

Didn’t weigh in yet we are all running behind. The day started off bumpy so I’m taking a break as I watch the kids eat and ready their bags for school.

I’m going to try this morn to not eat until later and begin my IF today again. I’m sure it won’t do too much and I’m hopeful my morning pill will be ok on an empty. Will try it out the worse that happens I guess is a tummy ache. But how about this - what happens when you are seeing one of the symptoms that’s on the rare list? Do you still take it? I guess I need to contact my doctor about such.

So onto loosing something, anything.

I am excited to get those pieces of clothing done however I have to wait for delivery and for one of the patterns on sale as I never pay full price on those buggers I wait to grab them for $1-2 if I can. Paying 15-20 is not where it’s at. I do hope the dress pattern I chose does look nice on me. It’s another step out of my usual box and we’ll see how it goes. Sleeveless and all - a new silhouette.

Happy day all. Mine will be a busy day! Look forward to your hello!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Diane: Thanks for the good weigh in wishes! I hope you get an extra whoosh soon! It is weird how our bodies can bounce around. Or you can continually lose good and one month not so much, but all that matters is knowing that you stuck with it and persevered through the hard times. I think that makes it better.

Uber: Congrats on the 250! That is an amazing place to be! I hate when you lose all the personals it has happened to me so many times!

Lemon: I hope you get all you need to get done. Taking a break from the scale is no slacker! Sometimes we need a break, especially when it is due to medications and such. I sure hope you get back into your grove fast. I hope they have figured out what needs to be done and you start seeing progress. You deserve it! I have taken anti-biotics on an empty stomach, it depends on the day if it makes me sick or not. How many times a day do you take them? It is really difficult with the medication thing and IF. Sometimes I need to take an 800 mg Ibp and I hold off because those kill my stomach without food. I sure hope it gets better.

We yesterday was a LONG day. I traveled for work and traffic was a mess coming home. Good thing is I get to flex my hours from working such a long day yesterday and get off early today! And its my FRIDAY! HOORAY. LOL. We have to go grocery shopping tonight. I love to go at night because NO ONE is there! I need to still do my taxes......I know slacker! And I need to get ready for the unicorn birthday party. I probably will go get everything Friday when the girls are in school. They are SO ready for Spring Break. It starts next Thursday. I am hoping I can take a couple days off to spend with them, but work has been CRAZY busy!

Have a great day ladies!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #378  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: Yay for your weigh in!! Almost out of the 250's for you! That's exciting!

Lemon: You are absolutely right and that's the best way to look at it. Ok, I'm not seeing the big losses as I would like, but I'm also feeling good and able to hike and workout well. There have been some times over the past 1-2 years that it wasn't that way, with injuries. It will happen. Maybe not on my perfect timeline, but it will happen.

Jenni: Glad you get some extra time to prepare for the Unicorns!! Ha! It makes it easier when you don't have to rush, that's for sure. Have lots of fun!

As for me, the scale let me have a little loss, so that was good. We'll just see how it goes for the rest of the week and weekend. I was pretty excited about hiking on Sunday, but it is looking like it is going to be stormy. Maybe it won't be too bad, and we can still go.

I went to Body Pump today. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I'm glad I went. Spin tomorrow!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:33 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ok, ladies. Trying again with the personals.

Diane Your hair is gorgeous! Very inspiring. I'm glad the scale moved down a bit. Even .2 in the right direction is always a mood cheerer, but also, I do think you usually do a really good job of keeping steady no matter what the scale says. And so true about focusing on what you CAN do. I do remember how frustrated you were when you went through the period of injuries and here you are now moving both the fitness and weight needle in the right direction. It will happen and looking back it always seems faster than when you are going through it.

Lemon I LOVE that you are trying something new in the dress department! Have you ever noticed that when you choose clothes that aren't really fat girl clothes you look thinner? I always have the impulse to wear giant clothes to cover my giant body, and yet, fitted clothes actually look better most of the time. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Jenni Hooray for a long weekend! And as for the grocery store-- we are so similar! I also really like to go at night when it's not crowded. I hope you get to spend some days with the girls during spring break! You deserve it!

So, I'm doing good. My cold is almost gone, but I haven't exercised at all since it came on, and I lost my favorite hydro-flask when I went away for the weekend and have pretty much stopped drinking water because of it (although I've been guzzling tea like crazy!) Still 250 this morning-- I don't think I'm going to see 249 for a while. My son has Cotillion at school tomorrow and there's a mother-son dance where they take pictures. Normally I would just be beside myself embarrassed about how I was going to look among all the other (skinny and much younger) moms. The very first dance of the year, I offered to chaperone and I asked the mom in charge what the dress code was, but she never answered, so at the last minute, I decided to kind of compromise with a casual dress and I showed up and all the other moms were wearing fancy dresses. (This is a public school and it's a club, but the kids have to dress up to learn ballroom dancing and etiquette and stuff and JEEZ the moms take it to the next level!!!) Anyway, LUCKILY, I bought a nice black dress on ebay back in November, but it really didn't fit, but I never got around to sending it back. Tried it on again and it FITS! So I have something to wear, but I have to say I'm so self-conscious, I hate events like this. Still, it will be fun to have a pic with my son!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:59 AM   #380  

Uber: you walk on in there on the arm of your son with the biggest smile on your face! You have one of the best dates in the world next to you and take advantage of that moment and capture a wonderful memory. As for the other moms., I’m sure they have their own issues especially those that try too hard to be accepted or their own form of fabulous they strive for and try to be so much better then everyone else. Make your own path, enjoy your night, have a twirl around the floor or two and don’t worry. HAVE FUN!

And a black dress that fits - even better! Are we talking tall heels for the evening? Wearing the hair up or getting it done? Make sure you have a boutonnière for him (my brother taught me with any of these type mom/son dad/daughter to present w/a flower - yes it may be archaic or corny, but it tells your kid they are important).

Diane: how did the work outs go? Are you hiking this weekend?

Jen: yeah for days off! How are all the unicorn items pulling together? Have a wonderful time watching your girl get a little bit older. Yeah for celebrations!

Toasted: are you all completed? What’s on tap for the weekend for you?

Hello ladies!

AM: I sit here w my cupajoe and have the news on. I’m tired but could t sleep further. I got July IF going yesterday. I managed 15 1/2 hours of fast. But peanut butter cups tripped me up after PT. Man I need to just get in my groove again. All this illness crap has really dissuaded me. I’m still in the high 220s (didn’t weigh today) but I will say calorie counting hasn’t happened the last few. Nor has being mindful. I’ve been on the run at night w sports and church. During the day I’m still scattered in thought but getting that back under control. Had an unforeseen health issue w my mom last night (I’m hours away) and my sister was in contact. Things got better but that was stressful. Parents aging is hard especially when they live on their own.

I need a breather.

Tomorrow is st. Paddy’s day. We began a few years ago making a traditional Irish breakfast for the kiddos. I do not do the mushrooms, white and black puddings but the rest. I’ll make an Irish brown bread, the potatoes, beans, bacon and faux bangers, faux rashers (Canadian bacon- on the meats they are faux because my store doesn’t carry Irish, so we get something similar) , eggs and cheese. See my DH is not fond of corned beef and cabbage (what I grew up on as did he) and he likes breakfast so we’ll do that plus it’s memory or our early married life and then I’ll make my Guinness beef stew for dinner. So let’s just say calories will be questionable on Saturday. Oh and I’ll have my Irish pub music going. No dancing though!

Do any of you do fun things for this day too?

Ok, well I’ll work on my fast, my antibiotic was just fine on the fast. I had a big water with it and it was good.no problems.

So will I slay soon? I’d like to think so and I’ll be pragmatic and say beginning Sunday I must MUST start again. I’m feeling better, the heart jitters are gone mostly. The fabric is on its way, now the pattern is on sale next week so I’ll get that underway soon. My plants are growing AND the snow is melting. I may not be, but it is.

Happy day all and have a grand weekend ahead.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 03-16-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #381  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I actually started responding yesterday and had made infamous notes but the day got away from me so I didn’t finish and now I’m on my way home (at 2.30pm) from judging a hygiene-themed “musical competition” for some high school hygiene and sanitation clubs (actually much better and much cooler performances than I expected. It ran late so I’m not bothering to go in to work today and this my half post from yesterday is lost. But no worries, I’ll try to redo it.

First a quick check in. I’m doing alright and staying on plan. Today post concert, I stopped at a store that had slices of cheesecake and I picked one up and it sang to me. I don’t even do well with dairy but I was totally willing to sacrifice the intolerance for cheesecake. But in the end I resisted. I know, im a saint. Lol. Anyway, overall, I’ve worked out every day this week so far, except today, but I’ll hopefully do something this weekend. My eating has also been pretty much on point. I haven’t weighed at all though because I’m scared of what the scale will say and of the downward spiral it might send me on in my current foodmotional state. Maybe tomorrow morning though.

Lemon: I’m sorry you’ve been feeling blah as well. Those eggplant-looking tomoatoes you linked, ive never seen anything like them before! I hope yours turn out. My mom was sick as a dog during pregnancy and could only stomach raw eggplant with peanut butter and a drink called Maltex (think of a sweet, unfermented, non-alcoholic stout)- strangely I hate all 3 of these things and don’t eat or drink any of them so who knows how these things work. Other than cake, I tend to like salt more than sweet though. I’ll definitely do a sewing class someday when I have my shizz a bit more together, time management wise. And I definitely vote STYLISH for your date outfit plans. I love that jacket! I got a similar one off Amazon except the print wasn’t exactly what I wanted, how cool that you can make it yourself. Yasssss with the jeans and t-shirt it cami and a drapy necklace. Your St. Patrick’s day breakfast sounds fabulous. I went to college in the Boston area and people did things but I never was involved so I’ve never celebrated. But what a lovely tradition!

Jenni: I have a weekly cheat meal of Sunday Brunch with my family and it’s always been my thing but you’re so right about sugar being addictive and hard to come off when you’ve started on it. Yay being on plan and fingers crossed you get a good weigh in. Yay half-days that lead into the weekend! Woooot!!!

Uber: congrats on getting past a milestone weight that has been such a bugbear for you!!! Also yassssssss the Little Black NSV. I’m also really self conscious in social situations like that so I can relate. But think of the pictures!!!! It would be a lovely memory to capture while you can- you and your son at a cotillion?? C’mon now! That’s hallway picture material, maybe even front entrance!

(Got home, took a 2-hr cake-fueled break out of hunger and thirst but it’s alright, I’m back to my senses now and I’ve rejigged my dinner plans so that although it’s unfortunate that all I’ve eaten today is incongruously lox and carrot cake, it’s not the end of the world and I can remain within calories)

Diane:Im glad the scale was cooperative today, hopefully it’s even a bit more so tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the weather stays nice for your Sunday hike.

Alright guys, I hope you all have a nice weekend. It’s about 90F outside with high humidity and cloudless intense sunshine so I’m planning to wait till about 6pm to go running. Hopefully it’s cooled down a bit by then because even sitting by the window coming home, my arm was sizzling hot. Hugs to all.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #382  
Diane

No weigh in today... just couldn't do it.

Uber: Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. It is exactly what I needed to hear today, so I really appreciate it. I have been teetering on the edge of being upset with the slight stall, so I think I'll just pull myself back from the edge and relax/regroup. Congrats to you for your awesome NSV of fitting into the black dress! That's so awesome!!!! Enjoy the dance, and ignore the others!

Lemon: That sounds like fun, all the St Patrick's Day festivities! That's great that you have traditions like that. I was thinking about getting a corned beef and having that for dinner. We'll see what kind of pricing they have! Take the weekend, regroup, and get ready to hit it again next week. You've been dealing with a lot, so just be kind to yourself!

Toasted: Yep, sometimes it is just better to avoid the scale if it is going to be too challenging. I think that sometimes, it just causes more frustration than on other days, so you should give it a hard pass and save it for another day. That's what I did today, and I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I might just wait until Monday at this point.

As for me, I'm borderline on letting this all get to me, so I just decided to not get on the scale. My body pump workout yesterday caused me pain today, and I was afraid that I'm probably retaining some water because of it. I also didn't go to spin. I woke up a little too late and while I could have probably made it late to class, I just figured I'd take the rest day. I'll go tomorrow to spin, and I think I'll do some upper body lifting.

I am going to try to hike on Sunday, too, but the weather is not looking good. We might have rain/snow. So, we'll see how it goes. I'll be good to go for Monday, no matter what! Regroup... recommit... relax. Those are my goals.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #383  

Diane: I’m sure that Briney meat is marked up to the holiday! I enjoy it but I also don’t want to get stuck with so much in the leftover dept. so I’ll eat that at some point at my Ils. Enjoy your celebrating! The weight will come off, it’s never EVER on our own schedules. Just remember that.

Toasted: 90 degrees and humid?! Sounds like August here and I don’t like it then except way early at dawn before the cool Gives way to the heat and sticky icky. That doesn’t last too long sadly. Did you get your run in?ive never been to Boston. How did you make your way there if I can ask?

Am: I don’t know what’s up with me. I’m so out of energy. I wonder if it’s the med. when I adjust my body usually rebels for a bit and then I’m back to even keel. Today is not that day. I’m perfectly happy lounging on the couch, as my mess around screams CLEAN ME. I choose to blink back at it and ignore the scream.

I was just looking at a catalog .the clothes are too expensive for my budget but maybe I can find some fabric similar and make some items that are like what I see. Can you all tell I’m so tired of my wardrobe. I don’t know if it’s winter or the fact I’ve been wearing the same fatty clothes in summers past. Maybe I’m trying to shred the look and try something new. I’m looking for some change.

Alrighty diet stinks today. I did get my IF in but my youngest is home so I ended a bit early. Oh I’ll keep trying.

Happy afternoon all!
Old 03-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #384  

Lemon I loved what you wrote about the mother-son dance! Sadly, my son woke up sick this morning. No dance for him or me. I guess he caught the cold that I am just getting over. Frankly, I still felt a little bit relieved not to have to deal with it, but still, you're so right. I waste a lot of times that could be fun because I'm so self-conscious. It doesn't bother me in work settings, but in school stuff I always get that "dud mom" feeling. I don't even know why-- you'd think with four kids I'd have gotten the hang by now! And your St. Paddy's day feast sounds wonderful!! I love that you make it so special for your kids! I've never made anything special for St. Patrick's Day, but it sounds fun.

Diane I'm glad you skipped the scale. I definitely know for myself that the more I workout, the more the weight loss slows-- temporarily--but in the long run, it actually comes off better. But sometimes you have to rest a bit to lose. I've been sick and so decided to rest all week, and the pounds I was holding on to the previous week came off. It makes no sense, but I sometimes think the scale reflects not just the previous day, but a much longer period of previous time.

Toasted I'm glad you can relate to being self-conscious in social situations. I've been that way my entire life! And what is odd is that most people who know me don't consider me shy-- and I have no trouble with public speaking or in a work setting but a mom-son dance absolutely slays me. I revert right back to thinking that I'm the uncool kid that none of the cool moms want to play with. And KUDOS to you for not buying that piece of cheesecake! Doesn't it just kill you how an entire day can be wrecked by a chance encounter with the wrong food? I'm very situational about eating. I could be not hungry at all, not thinking about food, and then see something more-or-less by accident and then have it turn into an irresistible craving. So, the fact that you DID resist is a huge feat. Pat on the back, my dear!

Jen Hope you've got that unicorn party ready. Can't wait to see how it goes!

Me: So I peeked over the edge of 250-- 249.9 on the scale this morning. Made me happy! Although, it's funny because I thought that I had never dropped below 249 in the last five years, and I realized that in fact, I was all the way down to 246 in October, 2014, so I won't be at my true lowest weight until I hit 245. I don't know why I always put these little markers and milestones along the path. I guess it just helps me stay motivated! So, disappointment on the mother-son dance front as my son is sick and I feel so bad for him. He participates in a piano program where he has to take performance exams at the end of every year-- his performance is tomorrow and it's not possible to delay or reschedule, so he'll have to go sick. Poor guy! Besides that, I've been fantasizing about moving. Anyone else ever do that? Because I work for myself, I could live anywhere and sometimes I just start imagining that I'll just up and move somewhere new!
Old 03-16-2018, 06:34 PM   #385  

Uber: I think we are too tough on ourselves as moms. Yes there are those that qualify yet as “meangirls” there are those that look down their nose for whatever bug crawled up and there are those just about status. But you know what? If you work at raising good and kind people that’s what trumps all that high school nonsense. I know it’s harder than heck to have happen as it often does. And sure it kind of sounds like maybe your hesitant about your outside package in these situations. And yes kids suffer parental embarrassment - but you know what? Said kid is still willing to do things with you and be out with you so embrace it. Loose the meangirls and their stares and enjoy as you can. I tell myself that as most moms in my kids classes are 20 years younger. It just keeps us older mamas with more spunk and youth!

Sorry you can’t go to the dance. I am sure you would have had loads of fun. Heal the son as best you can - winter and it’s illnesses is so over in my mind.

Am: today was not a good day eating wise either. Alas the scale will move somewhere and I did get my fast in just fine. It’s been the rest of the day I’ve struggled with anything. I’m tired and cranky and sad. I chalk it off to the adjustment down. That’s fine and hope it’s short lived.

Oh and get this I got a reminder my med was ready which I’m declining until I’m through my current. What I pay $115/90day through mailorder I was told my 30 day was $12. So how does that math work? I need to do some investigative work and see what’s up. Who’s making the money? And how does that difference make sense? When I’m thinking clearer I’ll investigate.

Ok happy evening. The day is ready to move on out of here I’m all for it!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #386  

Breakfast went well and tasted good! I’m sure I gained 9 million pounds. But it was good and I have it only but once a year. My kids enjoyed and I had my Irish music blaring as loud as one can muster at 730 in the morning. I’ll cleanup here shortly and get on with prepping for my stew for dinner. It’s one that cooks in a Dutch oven in the oven half a day. He meat is always so tender and the taste always so good.

Sorry - special day at this house.

I’m in a lot of pain right now I’ve flared up an old issue and will try to work it out today with a slow walk and see if they irritates more and some massage techniques I had to learn prior. The body is not a temple but a rickety built house right now on a stilt that’s leaning.

And I sound old!

Otherwise I’m working to right the ship after this evening meal. Tomorrow I will indeed fast again (today not in the cards) and Monday will begin walking again in earnest. I’m tired of Illness and hurt so it’s time to kick it in the fanny.

Hello all!

Toasted: has your humidity broken or does it just stay there hanging and continuing? And the cake - did you end up finding a piece over the weekend if you were family? And the tomatoes - IKR? I saw those and was intrigued and supposedly they are to have good flavor as being a vine novelty. I have yet to check and see if leaves have emerged currently germinating.

Jen: have lots of fun at your girls party today! How many are you hosting?

Uber: good luck to your son and his piano testing. I hope he feels good enough to do well. You’ll have to find another event to wear the black dress at or just make it a point to go to dinner with him in it.

Diane: how is your pain? Did you finally work out the fasciitis? I hope so that is a a horrible thing to deal with.

Hello all you traveling gals!

Ok I’m off to deal with the day and my plants and all things I have been avoiding. Maybe I’ll catch up just a bit but probably not. Look forward to seeing you all pop in this weeeknd.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Uber So excited you saw below 250, that is amazing. Great job! You are really doing an amazing job! I also keep track of where I have been at. I haven't been in the 220s in 3 years. That will be a huge accomplishment for me! I haven't been lower than the 220s in more than 3 years. My lowest in that time frame was 215. I haven't been lower than that in 8 years. And below 200, that was been over 10 years. Below 190 were talking 15 years. Now if my body will cooperate. LOL

Toasted: Great job for staying on plan. Take it one day at a time When I started I made small changes. That really helped me in the long run because it was little changes every week instead of all at once. It is really hard when our lives are so busy and we are under pressure and have a ton of stress. I hope you find some relief in the life struggle of being busy.

Diane: I hope your losses continue. I think I am right there with you, this month is kind of a disappointment. I weighed in today thinking it was going to be half of 7, nope I have only lost 2 pounds. Which I know a loss of anything is wonderful, its just disappointing when it slows down so much!

Lemon: Yes, I went to Hobby Lobby and found the party decorations in UNICORN. Sparkles and all!!! I am so excited! My sister is making a unicorn cake too. If I can figure how to put a picture on here I will. I hope you are doing okay. How is all the medications going? Are you seeing any improvement?

Well party was set back until tomorrow, because my sister heard the communications wrong...LOL Oh well. I am taking the poor girl shopping today. Her party was suppose to be last weekend but with the sickness it was put off until this weekend and than another day so my girl was so sad. Nana and I are taking her shopping to pick out her gifts!

Weigh in: 233. I am fairly disappointed about this. In my head I had half of 7 and it didn't happen. I am thinking it is going to be a lower weight loss month and hoping that this does not become a regular thing. I just don't want to get so fed up and quit. I have made it almost 6 months and usually quit at 5. I am really doing this for my overall health but being bigger I should really be losing a good amount. I measure my food, count my calories, add in walking so I really don't think I can do anything more its just my body. My thyroid has been checked several times, so I know its not that.

Oh the struggles!!!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #388  
Diane

Lemon: Glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and sounds like dinner will be special as well. I am not really doing anything Irish related, except for the green and white cupcakes I shouldn't have bought. I felt like we should have something St Patrick's-y. But they had steaks on sale, so I had to do that. My foot is a lot better, thanks for asking. I still have my moments with it, but for the most part it is so much better, I don't worry about it.

Uber: Aww! Poor kid! I totally get it about the kid stuff making you feel self-conscious or shy. I am done with all of that now, but back when I went to it, I really hated it. Something about it made me feel so inadequate. I'm not like that at other places, but kid stuff does it to me, too.

Jenni: I could tell you that you should be happy with the loss anyway - and you should - but I know how you feel. When you are expecting it to go a certain way, and it doesn't, it is so frustrating. Not much else to do but keep digging and hoping for the better weigh ins!!!

As for me, I did go back to weighing today. I was really having a mood yesterday, so I knew I wouldn't react well. Today was different. I was excited to go to Spin and I thought I'd just look at the scale. Not great, and I still might have a gain for the week, but it is what it is.

I went to Spin class, and then did some upper body lifting. It was good. The gym is just a little busier at that time than what I would like, but you just need to have patience. So far, food is on plan and I'm planning to keep it that way for the weekend. Hiking is not looking good for tomorrow, but maybe if it isn't raining or snowing, we can get out for a quick one.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #389  

Jen: happy celebrating today. If you have the same sun I have coming in my window you will have a beautiful day ahead. Yeah for finding all the things for a unicorn party. I miss the innocence that comes with birthday parties we have had only one non family school friends party thus far and if I were smart I wouldn’t do another. I had one girl that came in and critiqued my house decor and how she thought the house was really small on the outside but the inside wasn’t and why did I have this or that. At 6 who needed critique! Enjoy your day and have tons of fun! I hope it all turns out lovely.

Diane: yeah that the feet are feeling good. I’m back to my revolving pain that I did PT for last year. And when it hits it’s a stopper for me. I have the heating pad on now in hopes. Your chance to hike sounds good. I hope your weather cooperates.

Uber: how’d the recital testing go? I sit here and look at the books I haven’t had time to read and thought of you. I love to read but I haven’t given myself the time of late. I love cracking open a good book - the feel, smell being able to have it almost up to my nose - I hate reading on electronic. However if I’d put away the phone I’d have that bit of time to read. So my thought for summer is to make it a point to read every day for at least a half hour again as my kids read for the summer library program. But as I looked at my favorite books on my shelf it reminded me of all the work that goes into gathering info to write on to make it accurate if in time, or culture or what have you. I love books that transport me to place (no not futuristic or fantasy) and make me feel I’m right there. Where’s your favorite place to write from? I like sitting outside to read with the sun out under my umbrella with a nice breeze and about 70. My only problem is my patio chair tends to not be butt friendly for a full read. I like nonsense books in the summer - ones that make me laugh and feel carefree and sometimes one that’s more historical - pioneer spirit and all. Things no one really talks about any more I think people forget where their roots are from.

Hello all

Am: I will weigh in tomorrow my heart just isn’t there today and I move like a really old lady. My hope is to just get back on it. I like the loss I have had and flitting and floating right now has not been helpful. As for my meds - the antibiotic is done tomorrow! The synthroid is a work in progress as my level drops I go through ebbs of jitters and waves of tired and then it gets even again and life goes on until the next time. So I have to just flex with it all and try to remind myself I’ll feel better within 6 weeks usually.

As for diet it’s been bad. I’ve been treading not really counting full force nor eating wisely and I’ve baked in there. And we know what baking does to me. So my short term goal is to not bake for this week, drink my water, and eat my calories. All doable, I just need to actually do so.

So happy Sunday all. I hope that this body settles down. Yeah spring! We creak awake with the cold leaving and the warmth returning. This old gal needs to spring to it.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #390  

Jen Oh, so sorry about the party being set back again! That's the kind of thing that is totally reasonable from the mom's point of view, but then the disappointed kid is so hard to face! I'm glad you're taking her out for present shopping! That will be fun, and then she still has the unicorn thing to look forward to! My daughter (who is 21 now) has her bday in early Jan. One year, we were smack dab in the middle of a blizzard-- snowed in for several days before her birthday and on the day itself! I didn't have any presents for her and the very best I could do was walk through 3 feet of snow to the neighbor's to borrow sugar so I could make her a cake. I make the cake and give her a hodgepodge of homemade presents and just stuff that I had around the house. I thought it was festive and nice under the circumstances. We called it "the emergency birthday." Well, wouldn't you know, she just couldn't get over being disappointed that she didn't have a "real birthday" I think she was seven or eight at the time. And to this day, she sometimes sniffs and acts like she was such a poor thing, LOL. KIDS! :-) Now, as for the frustrating weigh in... ((((hugs))))) I understand how frustrating that is! You wait and wait and know you are doing everything right and then the scale just seems to skid to a stop and then it's just so hard to keep going. But look at what you've done so far!! The difference between where you are now and where you started is huge! I would absolutely LOVE to step on the scale and see 233 but that is going to take me a while. So don't let the scale stutter discourage you too much. If you can repeat what you've done for the past five months one more time, you will be sitting pretty in onederland. In the grand scheme of things if you stick to the plan your weight will go down. But I know how it sometimes seems like it won't and that's what makes it hard to keep going. Hang in there.

Diane If you do end up with a gain for the week, it's most likely just due to increased muscle mass. You are bound to unstick soon and then see a bigger drop. Isn't that how it always seems to go? In the meantime, all of the exercise you are doing is certainly getting you closer to where you want to be, so it's all good.

Lemon Oh BAKING! Isn't it just the devil? I love to bake, but then, I end up always eating too much of whatever I bake. But I think you should just give yourself a pass for now. I don't think you can focus on losing when you are trying to get your health settled. As for feeling like an old lady, LOL, I feel like that all the time because I am an old lady, but then I see my mom, who is 82, and has trouble tottering around and I think, nope, not old yet!

It was so cold in my room when I woke up this morning that I forget to weigh in because I was so busy putting on my clothes! Put on an outfit that I had stopped wearing due to its being small/unflattering and realized that it's actually getting a bit big. But, today at church I got halfway through the service (I sing in the choir) and felt like I was going to pass out. I actually rushed out before the service was over. I'm not sure what was up, but I felt fine as soon as I drank some tea and sat down. I think I need to be careful to get up and have breakfast and something to drink before I go.