Old 11-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #241  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Didn't make it to the gym again today. I just don't feel good enough to do spin class. Too much heavy breathing would mean lots of coughing. So, maybe tomorrow for body pump. We'll see.

Laurie: Great news on the lower size! I know what you mean about the stomach issues, though. I think that will be the very last part to shrink!! Oh, it has some, but just not enough. I can't imagine having a flat stomach, that's just not reasonable. But, it definitely could be better....

MissLoud: Good goal setting!! I hope you make it! That would be a great way to end the year, being lower than you thought you would be!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody,

So nice to hear all of your voices. I'm am doing a little better now.

I have been eating the weirdest food-- mostly eating stuff that people cooked for us and not my usual diet at all. Then a couple of nights ago, I went out to dinner and had a hamburger and fries and came home and had a huge dish of ice cream-- fatty city. Before I fell asleep, I had horrible stomach pain. It lasted about 20 minutes and I thought it was really bad heartburn from eating so much and so much fatty food. Then the next night, woke up in the middle of the night-- same thing. Lasted about an hour then went away. Yesterday, I was afraid to eat anything, and had no appetite so I nothing at all for an entire day. Still felt like all kinds of acid was sloshing around in my stomach, but I did go for a long walk. By today, I feel fine, and the plus side is that I weighed in this morning at 248, meaning that I'm now weighing exactly what I weighed before all of the weird eating kicked in.

I've just reached a point where I don't tolerate big fatty meals. If it happens again, I'm going to have to get checked out by a doctor, but in the meantime, I'm definitely off the "food is comfort" idea and ready to get back on track.

I'm sorry I'm not quite up to answering everyone individually yet, but it comforts me so much to know that you are all here. While I haven't lost any weight in a while, at least I'm holding steady, which is a blessing in itself.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #243  

Height: 5'5"

Uber - I had a similar experience on Sunday. I ate fried chicken, and while I definitely ate too much, it wasn't an outrageous amount. But my reaction to it was physically painful. I woke up at 4:00 or so just wanting to throw up. It's a mixed blessing, I think. Happy you were able to push through it and eventually end up with a good WI. Still thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Diane - I am so sorry you're still not feeling well. Hope you were feeling up to hitting body pump this morning. And the weird thing, is, my waist is actually proportionately smaller than my hips or bust. I still have a subcutaneous layer of fat, of course, but I am also starting to be able to see some definition in my abs. I have what one (not very clever) comedian calls the "front butt." It looks weird. But, as you say, the only thing to do is to keep moving forward and hoping that it will shrink soon, but recognize that it may not be until the very end that it happens.

190.8. Same as yesterday morning, even though I did cardio yesterday and was perfectly on plan. I usually work out in the afternoon, but I had to run an errand yesterday, so I couldn't leave work a second time. I just intended to do it right after work, but a friend asked me for a favor at 6:30 that I thought would only take an hour or so, so the new plan was to do it after that. Then, it lasted until 9:30, but I still hit the gym after. Don't I deserve the 180s? DESERVE! So, this morning, I stopped and got 2 cookies on the way to work. And I'm okay with it. I don't know if it was a reaction to the scale, or if I just wanted cookies, but I'm not super crazy about food this morning, so I'm just going to log it (I'm logging for a little bit now) and move on with life.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

IM BACK!!!!!! I will post longer today but I'm here and plugging right back into my plan!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #245  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys. I'm back.

My parents got here Monday afternoon and we went out to dinner, even with all of the snow and ice and yuck. The food was great. I had ribs. Mmm.

Then Tuesday morning everyone left. My parents and my hubby both headed out, and TOM showed up and so I was hungry, alone, and exhausted and stuffed my face with cake instead of real food for dinner. I was so tired yesterday and Tuesday that I barely got up out of my recliner, and out from under my blanket. I had zero energy.

But, today I'm feeling good, and I'll put the fling with the cake out of my brain, and continue to move forward. I'm gonna try the 5 mile with boosts today, and if I can't do all 5 boosts, then I can't do them. But I will also try to add a 3 mile video on at the end of the day... just to see if I can.

Fish, baby limas, and salads for dinner... AND NO CAKE. 3

Edit to add a picture of my yard:

Last edited by FeraFilia; 11-20-2014 at 02:31 PM.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #246  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Just a quick hi yah!

Still on plan day 11 - whoop - fast day for me, I haven't weighed so don't know how that side of things is going but I don't feel light this week?! So we'll see. I've been a bit lazy when it comes to excercise our spring weather has just been terrible so only quick walks with the dog and on the rower once must do better.

Off to playgroup this morning abd more resisting that darn cake!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #247  

Yay for being back, Mandy and Jenni! And I know he's not the man of the hour, but your cake affair reminded me of this clip:

http://www.***********.com/video/xsj...ake_shortfilms

It's kinda long, so I'll summarize. Cake has milk and eggs, which equal nutrition. Cake is not ideal food, but it is food, and as such, is fuel for your body. =)

I am going a little nutso today. After my disappointing weigh in and decision to eat cookies, I went to a hearing in the next county over, so had a long ride back. As I left the courthouse, I contemplated stopping at the gym (cuz I love new gyms!), but decided to wait to go until the afternoon. Then, as I walked out, I thought of all the places between the courthouse and my office that sell donuts, and then started mentally inventorying all the types of donuts. So, I stopped at the gym, did HIIT (although not at the intensity I should) for 2.25 miles, and successfully drove back to my office. I am now eating pomegranate seeds, but even that, I'm doing in a compulsive, driven kind of way. Really trying to chill and focus on work, but thought a quick check-in where I am acknowledging the struggle might assist in that effort.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #248  
Diane

Ugh. Ok, I'm sick. I thought it was going to pass quicker than this, but nope. It is here. I'm giving up on the gym this week, unless I just feel fantastic tomorrow. Then, maybe by Monday, I'll be back to somewhat normal. It's just a lot of chest congestion and coughing.

Not staying on plan very well with food either. I'll get it back together!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #249  
Diane

Wow! Quiet on this thread right now. Everyone must be busy!

Well. Tweak, tweak, tweak.....

Ok, so not a great idea to get completely away from recording calories on myfitnesspal. I had decided to take a little break from recording calories. I thought it might be nice to give myself a little room to relax some. Well, not so much. I don't know if it is more from being sick or not, but when I'm not recording calories, I am not as mindful as to what I'm eating. I haven't gone completely over the edge, but I'm not making as good of choices anymore. So, I'm tweaking the plan again.... I'm going to keep recording, no matter what it is. I'll still try to keep my calories down for the most part, but I'm not going to be completely strict or get down on myself if I go over due to something holidayish. I plan to get back to my normal breakfast and lunch during the week, too. I'll keep up with working out, as I had planned before, and then see what happens through December. In January, back on plan completely, with much more focus on calories and workouts.

The reason for this tweak? I have not been feeling good, and not just because of being sick. We've all talked about it recently, and I just have been feeling bloated, over-sodiumized, and overall, just kind of icky. My cold is a chest cold, so I know it isn't that. But when you go to bed feeling kind of sick to your stomach from stupid food, it is time to make a change.

Time to be back on track, if even just a little bit.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #250  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Yes it is quiet!!

I hope you feel better soon Slashnl, but yes I'm like you I need to log my food to be completely accountable for what I put in my mouth

Okay 7 days straight of rain! I'm going stir crazy!! The boys have had so many things cancelled due to weather I feel sorry for them - Christmas parade was canceled today. It better mean we are going to have a good summer.

Still resisting the scales, not sure I'll make goal, I just don't feel light from hanging out inside for so long. Guess all I can do is stay on plan foodwise.

Last edited by MissLoud; 11-21-2014 at 04:28 PM.
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

I know I have missed a lot! Disney was fun and tiring!!!! I walked almost 50 miles in 3 days!

I am on plan today but fear the scale So I will weigh in Monday. I didn't do horrible but didn't do as well as I could have. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks were all great but then dinners were a little more calorie bound.

Glad for the losses and sorry for the sickness Hopefully after all the laundry and cleaning that was left me I will have more time for the individuals!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #252  
~*Mandy*~

Hey ladies.

The sick is back in our house. Hubby and I both spent the day on couches under blankets with hot beverages and eating quick, easy foods. Neither of us have any energy and we've both got all the aches and pains. Only this time it's a touch of nausea instead of congestion that's got us down. Luckily it hasn't been completely awful. We can both still eat. Just small amounts and frequently, and that seems to be keeping it manageable.

I feel bad for him. He's got a hugely busy week this week. It was going to be busy anyway, with the extra service on Wednesday night for Thanksgiving, but he also has a funeral on Monday, now, so he has to deliver 4 sermons in 8 days. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and then again on Sunday. Plus all of the family meetings and such in preparation for the funeral. Poor guy. This will be his 4th funeral since we've been here. (2 and a half months). And then he starts with Advent.

Headed back to my blanket, hot tea, and television now.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody,

So sorry to hear about all the sickness on the thread.

Diane My son is just getting over an awful chest cold. He was sick as a dog for a week. Hope you feel better soon, and try to just pamper yourself and be patient.

Laurie Look at you at 190! Wow, where have I been. I really understand what you are saying about eating pomegranate seeds in a compulsive way. I can eat literally anything (or chew gum) in a compulsive way! But the fact that you went to the gym, ate pomegranate seeds instead of donuts, and logged in, is a seriously good thing.

Kelly Nothing worse than being cooped up in the house with rain!

Mandy I love the picture of your yard under the snow. I live in the land of no snow! Hope you are feeling better soon.

So, for me. Well, the other night I had this horrible stomach pain. It was at the tail end of 7 straight days of eating weird stuff, including hamburgers, fries, and ice cream 2 nights in a row. I can't normally eat like that, and voila. Given how it felt and where the pain was located, I have a feeling it was a gall bladder attack. If it happens again, I'm going to have to go to the doctor, but for now it is making me super cautious about what I eat, which is good!

I made this soup that I used to eat on my last weight loss journey-- it's miso/vegetable/tofu/seafood. It's super filling and it quite low in calories.

So, here is the weird thing. I weighed in and I'm still weighing in at 248, which is still a couple of pounds higher than my low weight before I went off plan for a week with what was going on here with my dad :-(

But the weird thing is that I'm suddenly noticing that my clothes are getting too big. I have a pair of 22 jeans that are kind of my "dress jeans". They are so big now that if I pull them up the waist band reaches my bra. I had to get dressed up the other day, put on the black jeans and a black silk shirt that I wear when I want to look nice-- obviously TOO BIG. My 22 khakis capris that I wear all the time-- they are also too big. I really don't have anything smaller around here to put on to see... but I don't know why all my pants are suddenly too big when my scale shows me UP 2 pounds.

Anyway, I've been eating really healthy and and I am pretty sure I'll lose those 2 extra pounds soon.

I don't think I realized how much stress I was under with my dad being so sick, so maybe that's why I was having so much trouble sticking to my plan... since September, I really haven't lost any weight to speak of-- but the good thing is that I also held onto the loss and not just turned it around and started gaining again.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #254  
~*Mandy*~

Okay, the sick is a little less bad than it was yesterday.

I still feel low on energy, but I did manage to get 2 loads of laundry done, and I might try to exercise later. Still have the chills (so does hubby) and a touch of something weird with the tummy. A little cough. Just enough of everything for it to be annoying, but not bad enough to stop in my tracks completely.

Tea kettle is working overtime this week.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #255  

I had to drive three hours yesterday morning to do a trial, and got low sleep because I had to leave at 5:00 to get there for the trial. I usually do really well with food when I travel, for whatever reason, but not yesterday. I was doing well on Thursday until dinner, then I lost it, and it just got worse from there. So, I'm sitting here on Saturday morning, feeling horrible. And it's what both Diane and Uber are describing, and what I've posted on here multiple times. I don't feel good if I am eating cookies and candy and pizza. I can handle a little bit of it, but I am having a really hard time restricting myself to a little of it once I take that first bite.

So, I decided that for the first time since July, I am taking a week off of weighing. I almost always weigh daily, especially if I know that I'm going to gain, because I hate doing really well for a few days and not getting positive results, so I usually just bite the bullet and accept the bad weigh in because I know that good weigh ins generally follow.

And, I'm doing a two-day fast. I haven't done one for probably a decade, and that one was four days, if I recall correctly. I'm tired of feeling really hungry, or really full, or really wanting to compulsively eat. I even considered just giving all of this a rest for a few weeks and going back to eating "normally." But I quickly realized a couple of things. First, there is no "normal" for me, and hasn't been since my stillborn 15 years ago, and even before that things were only sort of "normal." I am either restricting or overeating. Secondly, these incidents of feeling really awful because of overeating are not unique to when I'm restricting. I had a higher tolerance for it before, but I pushed that tolerance. I remember even 8 months ago, my daughter really wanted to go for a walk and talk about something. I did not have clothes that I could fit into comfortably enough for a walk, and I had just overeaten to the extent that I could barely move, and I regretted being unable to go with her. She was jittery and wanted to move, but really needed to talk.

So, the two-day fast. Not as a weight loss strategy, but more of an opportunity to reset and be more mindful, both generally and in relation to food. I am including psyllium capsules to try to clear out my system some, and am pounding herbal tea. I am alternating sugar cookie sleigh ride herbal tea with gingerbread cookie herbal tea, so at least I'm being festive about it. =) (Plus, ginger is supposed to be good for the digestive system, and I would like to feel better.) I still am plagued by nausea, even though I haven't eaten since about 6:00 last night, and even then I only ate a candy bar out of compulsion, not enjoyment or hunger. I am also taking a 3-day break from the gym. I only took a single day off from the gym when I had bronchitis, so taking actual time off is challenging, but I am just trying to be quiet, mindful, meditative, and focused on things other than food. I am, however, going to try to rediscover the art of the stroll. =)

Part of me wanted to avoid posting here, but I refuse to do so. For me, right now, this really isn't about weight. It's about mental and physical health. For whatever reason, I'm feeling particularly crazy about food issues right now, and it's having an impact on my world.

I know that none of you are therapists, but I think I am going to finally introduce this into my therapy sessions. I always want to think I have the crazy under control, but for the past few weeks, it has spiraled, and it's time to address it.

Diane and Mandy - I'm so sorry you're both dealing with illness again, especially because you just got over the chest stuff, didn't you, Mandy? I hope both of you kick those bugs and feel better soon.

Uber - When my ex-husband's father died, he had been sick for a very long time, and required a tremendous amount of care and attention. Though his passing was really hard, there was certainly some relief associated with it. I was not sure from your post whether you were expressing some relief, but if so, please know that it's normal and natural. I have let guilt overwhelm and really harm me, and I hope that if you feel some relief, you are not feeling guilty about it. You have been a great daughter to both of your parents.

Kelly - All that rain would make me stir crazy as well! Hope it lets up soon and you and your boys can get out of the house.

Jenni - If you want me to have a chat with that husband of yours, you let me know. Leaving all the laundry and cleaning for you? I disapprove. =) Hope you loved Disney!