Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #316  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,

This thread is already huge, but I hope you have room for one more lol.

I'm Angie, 32yo, mom of two girls (4 and 5), single mom now (feels weird to say that....I'm currently going through a divorce), and my stats are 241.50/241.50/130.00.

I need to reach Onderland this year. I must. I gotta get rid of the second person I'm carrying! Most of the weight I put on was during the marriage, so now that I'm "free" LOL, I need to get rid of the baggage on my body too!! New life, new person!

-Angie
Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Sassy - I weigh myself on an irregular basis but just count the first Wednesday as my official weight. Going a whole month proved to be more stressful than weighing every day! LOL.

Martini - Small goals are so easy to focus on. And isn't it great to see where the end date is? Or where it can be with a bit of effort. Good luck.

Underwater - tzatziki is usually yogurt based. Greek yogurt with garlic and shredded cucumbers and dill. A tiny bit of olive oil and some lemon juice. I make it all the time for a very lo cal veggie dip. It was probably way less than you think since a cup of 0% fat Greek yogurt is only about 120 calories. The only other calories come from the olive oil and the cucumber.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 01-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #318  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Angie, so happy to have you here with us! Our forum is like the Tardis on Dr. Who, much bigger on the inside than on the outside. (We might even have a pool, but I can't remember where it is!)

Sounds like you've been experiencing quite a bit of turbulence in your life lately. Been there, done that, still shedding the drama, trauma and the excess weight.

You are your own best advocate, and I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. One day at a time and you will find success!

So, share! What's your plan for success today?

I'm getting dressed to go to Pilates class this morning. Then I'm going to see my therapist. Then I have a facial. Then I'm going to do my weight training sets at home. I'm feeling very bloaty today, so I'm drinking even more water, some coffee, eating dandelions and asparagus and some lean proteins. I know the bloat is hormonal in nature because I've been on track with food, kept sodium low and I'm still up by seven pounds. No need to panic. It will go away soon.

(Who said that? Who is the woman saying there's no need to panic over a seven-pound water-weight gain? She's NUTS!!!)

Toodles! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #319  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

I'm glad that I found this thread. I'm working and trying to get to onederland.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #320  

geoblewis - thank you for the warm welcome! Yes I am my own best advocate...when I realized that, my world started to change that moment. No one should be able to give a better speech about me than ME! LOL!

My plan for success today: do some weight training, eat healthy, and reach my water intake goal.

Hope you all have a successful day!!

-Angie
Old 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #321  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

Lost 2 lbs last week. I wasn't really paying attention to my calories towards the end of the week, I guess that's why I didn't lose as much as I thought I would. I hope to do better next week.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #322  

2 lbs is great Nicki!

I'm starting to wonder is it really not reccommended/safe to lose more than 2.5 lbs in a week? I see people do it all the time and they are fine. I would really like to lose on average 2.5 - 3.0 per week consistently. My mind doesn't want to accept why that would be unreasonable lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #323  
Renaissance Woman

When it comes to the rate of weight loss, your body can only process a certain amount of fat when you're in fat burning mode. But as fat burns off, water is also released. So when we drop five pounds, not a whole lot of it is fat.

Us bigger girls can safely lose at a faster rate than the 2 lbs/week. But as we get closer to goal weight, that higher rate will taper off. I'm reading lately that the closer we get to goal weight, the more we should eat, closer to RMR. It's smarter to cut calories a bit more drastically in our weight range and taper up calories later. And for us, according to what I've read, we can easily cut 500 calories from our daily RMR, if not more, to lose more than a pound a week.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #324  

Martini: YIPPEE!

Lin
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #325  

WTG Martini!!! And it just keeps getting better! You'll probably pass out once you hit Onderland LOL!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #326  

I must be on Facebook too much because I keep looking for the "like" button. I was going to "like" Angie's comment that Martini will pass out when she hits Onederland.

Lin
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #327  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Hey everyone! Thank you for the welcome, I'm psyched to have a thread where I can connect with some ladies on a more weight specific basis! I will try to get more personals in as time goes on, but I am heading to bed very shortly so it's a quick check in tonight. I was pumped with my weigh in this weekend, and quickly followed it with a rough couple days food wise. I'm hoping that the emotional stuff is done now, so I can get back to focusing on me and celebrating my accomplishment by getting a new workout DVD! I had aimed for 8 lbs. by February 1, and I hit 10lbs. on Sunday!!! I'm now aiming for 12-14, but will not be upset if I don't quite get there as I know the weight loss will slow down soon as the "newness" wears off.
Have a great night everyone!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #328  
Renaissance Woman

I'm going to bed too, but I just had to say...

Martini Awesome achievement!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #329  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Hey Ladies!!! Welcome to the newbies.. I still feel like a newbie and I think I am still a newbie. I've only been doing this since October but I'll tell you right now I've NEVER stuck with anything this long so I am excited and ready to do this!!! I'm not feeling too good today I've had the worst headache of my life behind my left eye for a day and a half now and I'm just coping with it. it's not making me eat bad or anything just annoying. I'm doing great other than that. Picked out tile for my bathroom floor, bathroom wall, and a new vanity so if this headache ever goes away I will be working on that to keep me busy!!

Ladies have a good day!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #330  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Smile

martini
Georgia you are full of wisdom, a blessing to have on this thread my sister gets mad at me every time I lose more that 2 lbs in a week because she hit a plateau after losing 70 lbs. I don't know why I usually lose around 3 when I stay on a plan. But, I'll probably struggle with a serious plateau when I get into the 160's. That's where I always hit a wall and start gaining everything back. I'm trying to evaluate my "brain" so I don't repeat the past this time.
Underwater don't give up! I understand those scales doing funny things mid-weigh in. I check in daily but I only COUNT my Thursday as official. I went up .2 from yesterday even though I was perfectly on plan, but my knee is swollen a bit today so I guess that could be why. But, if I only look at my Thur. then I'm down 2.8 since last week. So, we bounce
So, as of today, I've lost 7.8 in the last two weeks. I think I lost a bunch of water weight in that first week but I'm already fitting in my clothes better
4 more to see my first goal of 219!
Closed Thread