Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #181  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm down .8 to 157.8, so halfway back to my low. Lots of water and lemon juice and asparagus again today.

Aimee - Good plan, move up the chain until you get results.

Mandy -

Pgh - Congrats on being under 250!

Diana - LOL @ curly hair. If the styling is just too much maybe consider switching your haircut completely to something that would work if you just let your hair do it's thing and be curly?

I'm sorry for not doing better with personals, I am exhausted. I got no sleep because DH was snoring so much all night long. I can't wait for him to see the sleep doctor and hopefully find a way to stop this.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #182  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Default personals I typed last night but couldn't post :)

Thank goodness I took you all's advice and typed them in WORD

Jess, I'm always the one with not much to do I come here a lot, so I don't like quiet

kwigg, welcome back, good to see you. I'm hoping to get things under control also. I'll never make it to goal or to the 160's for that matter if I don't. We can do this Good job on the pound down

Nope Diana nothing wrong with it at all , you and DH are such a cute couple I love hearing your stories. Sorry about the computer issues with the site. I didn't have any today with the site but I am having trouble with my email. My friends send me emails and they aren't coming through at all, it's driving me nuts. I have had my msn account since 2000 sucks.

my numbers for yesterday were

calories 1309, carbs 130, protein 72, sodium 1063

Last edited by love2b150; 10-06-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #183  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Coon,glad the MOM helped.I take some like every 2 weeks to keep things moving But drinking milk and eating broccoli has helped me to kept things moving too.

Angie.sorry bout the sodium.lately I've been eating in reversed order.like a big breakfast,medium lunch and a lite dinner which seems to have help.But then again,that works for my schedule so IDK.Have a good evening

I meant to tell you Vixsin,I'm really happy for you that was a major milestone and you made it

Jami have you started your 25k yet? how's the BFC going?

Lili.you're kicking butt great job !!

aka and LCW

You're stll in that groove KuKKie great job on the .4!

Aimee,love reading about your running you've found something that you can stick too and that will for sure knock that fat off Just great!!!
Forgot to answer your question some pages back All I've did/have been doing is stop eating(just to eat) so much just cause i thought i had to eat to keep my metabolism up.Maybe I've eaten around 1500-1600 for so long,it's already up IDK but..I eat when I'm hungry now, around 1200-1300 a day And in reverse order..big breakfast.medium lunch and a very lite dinner cause I'm not hungry like a big plate of broccoli w/ I can't believe it's not butter . I also added in some night walking/little jogging(or a late gym class) to help the days food down.which i think what has really help.

Diana that was so cute about the guy thinking you were your DH's daughter your DH is an awesome man.A lot of men would not have taken that so well.Some men don't like for their woman/wife to lose weight cause they think that they will get someone else,change the way they feel about them,think they will lose the control they have over them,etc..especially if they had issues themselves.

Last edited by OnaMi; 10-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #184  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I'm on plan and down .6 today to 188.8. Busy day today. I'll try to check back later.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #185  
One Day At A Time

Roxy,great job on the .8 you'll be back in no time

Rennie sooo if you had that big of a breakfast then eat veggies for lunch and dinner while drinking your water and get to moving you can save the day things aren't always as bad as they seem.

Vixsin,great job on the.6

Last edited by OnaMi; 10-06-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default October's Numbers

I'm late joining but I have weighed everyday this month and would love to jump in.

I have decided that slow and steady wins the race. So a plan that I really belive I can do and stick too in a healthy way is 2 lbs per month. 1/2 pound a week. So the trend needs to be 2 lbs lighter at the end of October!

October
1 175.0 *This was a TOM kinda weight. My two pounds will go from day 2*
2 172.6
3 171.6
4 170.8
5 172.8
6 170.8
7 171.8
8 171.6
9 170.8 so excited to see something below this!
10 171.0
11 171.2
12 168.0 woo hoo!! Maybe it'll stay under 170 tomorrow
13 168.6
14 169.2

Last edited by ma26; 10-14-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #187  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Amanda postpone the date, and study for your test In all honesty you aren't feeling your best and need to prepare for you test the cold sore can be from stress.

Hi Diana hoping TOM departs fully soon The joys of the body, forever surprising us So you do like your now curly hair I take it or not so much?

Jess good job on the 1.4lbs Gone and Congrats on being under 250 for it to stick, you got this My house is like that also so I understand, warm up Chickie put some socks on them there toes

Hi Rainy Day to the thread and it's never too late to join this wonderful group of people Good job on the 2.5lbs Gone

Aimee, great weigh in , glad you got to sleep in, sorry you're still tired That woman is a bully, someone needs to stop her. Your cousin needs to write down every word she said to her and take it to HR. There's a way to do things and that's not it. Glad that once again you proved to be the bigger person. I think you should have her position. My day was great, I had a PTO meeting in the morning. I came out of the school and had two tires going flat. No worries drove home, parked my van and got in my husbands truck. Went to Bed, Bath & Beyond bought the Genie Bra, which I like but I should have gotten a small but they make the bra fat look good so ok. Nope haven't been to Curves since Monday I think. I may go tomorrow morning. Thanks for noticing Have a great calm day

Coondocks that's funny, the walking made the medicine work better/quicker? Glad you feel better Are you cooking for Thanksgiving or going out to eat?

Kukkie well good for you on the long weekend, enjoy. Hope you get everything taken care of so you don't have to worry about people blowing up your BB this weekend. You won't turn it off, it's just who you are ... so hoping it doesn't go off to much Good job on the .4 down and glad you're getting your home gym back

Lili that's great 7lbs and in a week. You're doing all the right things so it's not strange at all. I'd love to lose 7lbs in 2 months

Hi Jami

Angie I'm still adding to loseit

LGW you can and will do it

Ona look at you in the 160's, good job on the 1.2lbs Gone LOL Ona that was yesterday's numbers. I couldn't post last night when I tried but I had it saved in WORD so I posted it this morning without changing the wording. I didn't know what you were talking about but all fixed now My breakfast this morning was a banana and a teaspoon of pb. I wanted to do my peanut butter toast but didn't have time. This morning was interesting and I had to be at the school also. So far I have only had 119 calories today. My daughter is supposed to be taking me to lunch so we shall see what that is. I'll be drinking water for dinner

Roxy, good job on the .8 down , sorry about the lack of rest last night. Hope you get a nap in today

Vixsin good job on the .6 down

ma26 back, good to see you Well you got that trend/plan in the bag for October

I'm down another pound to 177.2. I really hope I can get out of the 170's this month.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #188  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Let's see if I can post something at work without the computer/site going crazy!

Ona Look at you! That 169 is looking mighty good on you! Congratulations!

Rennie I bought a smoothing serum product. It was easier to fix my hair today than it has been in the last 2 months! She adjusted the cut a little, with the idea that it's curlier now. Hopefully things will be improving from here on out.

I"m going to hit send now. It will either work or crash.

ETA: Woo Hoo! It worked. I have some work to do right now. I will try to come back to do personals a little later.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Default Trying to catch up on personals :)

Diana: forgot to respond to you about the coffee the other day! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new coffee. And I definitely think alternating is a great idea! I am a Maxwell House drinker myself. I have the instant version as well that I sometimes mix with my protein shake for an afternoon pick me up. I've tried a couple of others over the years, including fresh ground beans, but after a while I tend to have issues with them as well. Maxwell is the only one that's never given me any problems! *knock on wood*

Angie the GO has been rammed with students lately! It's driivng me bonkers. You mentioned a new tea the other day, which had me thinking - have you been into David's Tea at BCC. If not, it's a must!

PghGal 40 lbs gone!!! And under 250! You're rocking it out!

Roxy sorry you aren't sleeping well. My hubs is having sleep issues a lot lately as well, which stinks for him, but apparently I'm only bothered by it when he starts tossing and turning towards dawn. Hope you guys figure things out soon!

Coon I managed to resist quite a few things at MIL's yesterday.. Surprisingly, she didn't push, and I was impressed.

Aimee I can't believe that the store manager would just let her run wild like that. And for her to make your cousin cry is despicable. I know you mentioned having a new job lined up, with less perks.. But did I read somewhere that you're going to stick around until after Christmas?

Rennie the app I have is called Period Calendar Deluxe. I'd be interested in knowing which one Vixsin has too! The baby was not at MIL's house yesterday - they've gone back to their own place. But I will be seeing her next Saturday, so that's exciting!

Jami I loveddd your "heavy wise guy accent" comment

Ona look at you in the 160s! Go get 'em girlfriend

Sorry no more time, yet another meeting! to everyone else and welcome to all the newbies, you're going to love it here!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #190  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Ren-WooHOO on the pound! I took my test this morning and was more prepared than I thought, at least a B. I got some abreva last night, and all is sane in my world once again. Thanks for the help..so much.

Ma-WELCOME to our group of randoms! We're here to listen!

Vixsin ON PLAN, I like to hear it!

FitGirly Hope you feel better about that snoring. I do the same and have heard complaints, so I feel your pain. NICE LOSS btw!

Angie-Doing a toothpaste and Abreva combo assault. This thing will DIE. I'm glad you're busy living life, and not letting weight loss BE your life. Hard to do.

Ona-What's up lady?! *waves

JamiSue-Psh... .4 ...thazz nothin'

KukkieIs MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #191  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Kukkie - Glad to hear MIL wasn't pushing, maybe things are going to start getting better in that relationship for you . . . here's hoping

Rennie - I don't know if there's anythign scientific to back up my theory, but I totally think the walking helped We have a pretty packed thanksgiving weekend, we are heading out to a friends acearge on saturday so I can help her make pies. Sunday we are making rosemary chicken for Grandpa and monday we are going to Great-Grandmas for ham. Phew!

Ma - Look at you rocking October already!! Keep it going!!!!

Ona - I think I'm going to keep MOM on hand for that reason, it can't hurt to keep things moving if they won't on their own

Roxy - Goodness woman if I tried to keep up with your schedule i'd have tapped out on exhaustion LONG ago, you are phenomenal!! I had a horrible time with my ex and snorring . . . he was loud and could sleep through anything, me not so much

Vix - congrats on the loss . .. we are throwing down, i'm feeling fiesty and it looks like you are too! Hee hee
Old 10-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #192  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

thanks ladies for your input on my situation with my husband. i know he's tired because he's busy. he's got a full class load, tons of homework, he's class president, on the flag football team, preps the chapel for daily worship, and teaches sunday school. he's busy from 8am til midnight most days because he's got so much to do. he's home for an hour for lunch and then an hour for dinner. the rest of the time it's class time, homework time, reading for classes, or in the library for studying... and a couple times a week we make it to the gym. usually weekends. if he's not at practice, in a meeting, writing a sermon, or preparing for sunday school/bible study. he's a perfectionist and his own worst critic. so his efforts take longer than they would for most people, and probably drain him mentally and emotionally from beating himself up.

i try really hard to be understanding in this. i make him dinner every day, make sure he's got quiet time to study, do all the work around the house, etc etc. and i really don't mind it, especially since i'm home all day. the problem is, the only time we get to talk, be close, spend time together is when we're stuffing our faces and bedtime. oh, and saturday grocery shopping. he crashes at bedtime. and usually goes right back to work after dinner. i can't help but feel like i'm just a footnote in his life since we got married and it's gotten worse since we moved here. i talk to him about it and he's always very apologetic, and then says he'll try harder. and i know he means it and wants to. he just doesn't follow through because he puts so much effort into his school work and doesn't know how to do less.

i'm rambling. i need sleep.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #193  
One Day At A Time

Oh.my bad Rennie sorry bout that ya know I'm "Johnnie on the stop" to always find a positive in everything and to cheer you on through the good times and bad Hope you had a nice lunch w/DD. thank you great job on the pound

Good idea Coon

on the 40 lbs gone PghGal awesome job.

Have a good evening KukKie,thanks

Diana,enjoy the rest of your day/evening,thanks If i could only get rid of this upper abs roll(I'm more satisfied with how my stomach looks,who a thunk it).Now if i wear my waist trimmer i look great.I use to wear it all the time,on the track,to help it go down But being i don't like anything constricting,like girdles..i don't like wearing it.But i made up my mind this morning,that I'm going to wear it more often and just keep on working,that's all i can do.I do see like some dimple in it like I'm starting to break that stubborn fat down too so...

Ma wow..you've lost 4.2lbs already and the Month has just started mostly great job!!

aka are you feeling any better? hows the 25k going? what's this about a date I'm so tried of people asking me.."so have you meet any one yet?" like since I've lost weight, men would/should be all over me or something

Last edited by OnaMi; 10-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #194  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

247.6 today. down .4 from my last weigh in.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #195  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Ona-Much better. I'm on week 4 and it's going well! I'm pacing myself pretty nicely on the indoor track mostly, with some bass heavy dance/electronica music to keep me going.

This guy came up to me after class the week before I had lost any weight. I've seen him twice since and I'm a little more shrunken every time. It's interesting trying to lose weight while you're seeing someone who may like you the way you are. Huh? But as long as you're feeling it, they will too!

-To your other point,
I guess it's a confidence thing. People's confidence often grows as they lose weight, and your friends/family may read this and assume that confidence will attract someone new. I try to look at it like, they don't want me to find a man, they just notice a positive change in ME.

what do ya think?
Closed Thread