Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #121  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Ladies,

Sam good job on the .8 down

Kukkie good job on the .3 down . Hope the long day goes smoothly for you Hoping for a great whoosh

Diana good job on the .4 down

Lin good job on the .6 down

LGW good job on the 2lbs gone, and what a great NSV from your co-worker. You go Girl

Hi Roxy, Vixsin, Ona and ophelia

Hey Ms. Jami hope you're doing ok this morning after last evenings workout

Angie hope you are having a good day

Maybe my post didn't come through last night but whatever ...

I'm up .2 this morning to 175.8. Have a great day everyone
Old 08-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

TOM is here

I know it sounds a bit strange for me to celebrate this, but I am really very excited. Hubs and I definitely want kids, we just weren't planning on it yet and we definitely aren't ready. I haven't missed an entire period since before I was prescribed Synthroid when my thyroid stopped fluctuating between hypo- and hyper- and settled into hypo- more than 10 years ago. After coming off the BCP, I had a normal cycle, so when last month went by with nothing I was more nervous and anxious than I admitted. I feel a really big sense of relief right now, but I hope this doesn't come off insensitive to anyone who's trying or wants to or can't or really anyone in general!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #123  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

kukkie - i understand completely. i've been in a similar spot with hoping TOM showed up after going through a set of antibiotics while on birth control pills (actually i'm on antibiotics right now, and supposedly ovulated yesterday. guess who has a sad hubby?) we definitely want little ones, but with all the moving we're doing in the next few years, it's not exactly the best idea.

enjoying my break from the strictness of dieting. feeling a little more human after good food, good meds, and some rest. the garlic parm cream sauce i made was delicious. the lemon bars equally so. huzzah sweet and savory! i even let the hubby treat me to a mcdonalds breakfast in bed yesterday (i'm such a sucker for a bacon/egg/cheese mcgriddle). i'm still being careful about my foods and making healthy choices, i'm just not stressing everything right now. i stepped on the scale this morning, just to see if my last few days have done much damage, and it's only up .4 from the lowest i've seen it say... so i guess i'm doing okay winging it! i'll find out when i get on the wii fit once we settle in SC (it's already packed to remove temptation!)

today is my last day at work. it's both happy and sad. i've been there for nearly 5 years... i'm a wee bit attached! i'll probably cry today. i hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #124  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 lbs
May 2011 - Lost 10 lbs
June 2011 - Lost 6.7 lbs
July 2011 - Lost 6.2 lbs

July 31: 259.7
1: 259.9 (+0.2)
2: 258.6 (-1.3)
3: 257.3 (-1.3)
4: 257.7 (+0.4)
5: 258.2 (+0.4)
6: 259.3 (+1.1)
7: 258.4 (-0.9)
8: 259.5 (+1.1)
9: 257.3 (-2.2)
10: 255.5 (-1.8)
11: 254.0 (-1.5)
12: 252.2 (-1.8)
13: 251.8 (-0.4)
14: 252.2 (+0.4)
15: 253.8 (+1.6)
16: 252.9 (-0.9)
17: 254.0 (+1.1)
18: 255.3 (+1.3) TOTAL LOST 4.4

Okay already. All I can do is laugh. I joked with my MFP pals this morning that my patience is getting a harder workout than anything else right and it's TRUE! LOL! Oh well, it is what is. I'm working hard and I KNOW I will reap the benefits of this work one way or another! From what I understand, water retention is common with strength training because the muscles get inflamed when they're damaged and repairing so I HOPE that's true and is part of what's going on. I also know that TOM is due any day now (I keep saying that) and all the signs are there so hopefully that's part of this too.

So I survived round 2 of the BFC (body fit challenge). It was another grueling workout last night with an 8-stop circuit training routine followed by 15 minutes of ab work but no asthma attack...YAY So the circuit consisted of: 1) Lat pull down [60lbs], 2) Medicine ball [4lbs] squat jump arm extension deal, 3) Squat, stand, shoulder press w/ dumbells [10lbs], 4) Skier hop thingys on the step w/ 3 elevators, 5) Row pulls [60lbs], 6) Tri-cep extensions [30lbs], 7) Sqatting side shuffle sprints, 8) Bicep pull while [50lbs]standing on a Bosu. Whew! Please oh please let this gaining stop. My trainer is NEVER going to believe that I'm -11,000 calories this week and GAINED 3lbs! LOL!

On top of starting the challenge at the gym this week, my week at work has been pretty stressful, and TOM is so near...ugh, I've just been exhausted so I haven't had much quality time with the family. I eat like a beast and then crash almost as soon as I've walked in the door. SO...I decided to take Friday off and I cancelled a visit to my firends house on Saturday so I can rest at home and have some fun with my boys! I miss them...

(OH yea, DH used our massager on my poor tired upper and lower back muscles and on my hamstrings last night! Oh lord was I drooling!)

Diana -- I WISH TOM would come already as I'm hoping and praying he's to blame for this insane gaining going on right now. Perfectly OP, working harder than ever and the scale is going up? Oy vey!

Kwigg -- Sorry to hear about the stress. I know that stress makes all fo this stuff we're doing that much more difficult. And even though you slipped up, it sounds like your handling "the day after" very well. Keep it up!

Sam -- It does sometime seem like our journeys and struggles are never over. One huge weight of your shoulders when you reach goal and another one or two quickly move into that one's place. It is complicated becoming a new person and people handle our changes in different ways. I'm sure he'll come around.

MeliZ -- Nice job this month missy. Keep up the har work!

Angie -- YAY!! Sorry about the sneak attack from the peanuts! And thanks for the compliments on the exercise I am working hard and apparently that earns me a 3+lb gain this week. LOL! May I'm just seriously replacing fat w/ muscles that quick? LOL...doubt it. And yes, why is that advice so easy to give but so completely impossible to do when we're gaining?!? LOL. C'est la vie...

Rennie -- Yes, I did it again last night and whooowee! Such a great and tough workout. My arms and legs are just limp noodles when I'm done. I didn't take my bathing suit but I definitely am in the coming weeks! Your exercising is going great lately woman! GREAT JOB! LOL about DHs funny comment. I can just picture you tossing water on yourself instead of actually walking on the treadmill. Who would do that?!?! HA!

LGW -- You are simply amazing. You are doing so incredibly wonderful. With all the challenges you face with your schedule alone, yet you still manage to loose and stay so positive.

Roxy -- HA about the bouncing comment! That definitely had me smiling this moring! Congrats on shedding that pesky pound again.

Vixsin -- Have a great time with Maxwell! You both deserve it!

Kukkie -- LOL about TOM. I totally understand your relief though I will be excited because I'm just tired of waiting and this water retension is driving me loopy . I'll give TOM a standing ovation because the sooner he comes, the sooner he can get the heck outta town!

Mandy -- Sorry that your sad. Leaving friends is always tough regardless of how excited your are for the move. It sound like you're handling your break well so just keep doing what you're doing.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #125  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Im back in full effect! I have been under the weather and not feeling good and before that was on vacation and had a ball! Its time to get back rolling so I want August to be a good month. Good luck everyone I would love to get down to 225 I have been gaining weight.

August:
1 233
2 233
3 231.2
4 229.4 been having great days eating on plan!
8 228.4 *shouldershrugs* I expected a gain but Ill take it
9 230.0
10 228.0 not sure but I wi using my works scale as well and got the same
11 231.2 not sure whats going on ive been working out and weight training again but i have been eating on plan....something will give
12 230.0
15 233 im just all over the place
16 232.2
17 230.2
18 227.8 went jogging lastnight and diet was on plan as well!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #126  
~Rennie

Kukkie glad TOM showed up for you Oh I went to Walmart, I think I was looking for an oatmeal bar, but only saw granola bars. I have to go back through the thread to see which Quaker bar you purchased.

Mandy have a great day, enjoy your time off from everything

Jami oh my goodness, you are a trooper. All of your work will pay off, it has too. Can't talk about the sore muscles but from what I've learned here that has to be the reason for your gain. Your whoosh is coming LOL yeah and the water made all of the perfect sweat circles ... I just looked at him Silly man . Thanks Jami

Matilda great job these pass two days, you are using the to the fullest. Good job on the 2.4lbs down

I just finished eating my lunch and I am pooped for some reason. Instead of laying down (which is not a good idea at all) I'm gonna change my clothes and see how long I can keep my sore legs on the elliptical, then finish up on the treadmill. Have a great day everyone
Old 08-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #127  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Now this is weird...we always have diet cokes for lunch - rarely anything else -- well today there was 1 pepsi max -- It's great!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #128  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Vixsin - Yay for you whoosh and I hope you and Maxwell have an awesome time.

Ona - I believe there is room in Exercise Land for more than one queen! We shall all rule as a benevolent council.

Ophelia - absolutely nothing wrong with slow and steady, keep it up!

Kukkie - Yay TOM! LOL

Mandy - I'm glad your break is going well and that you are feeling better. to help you with this bittersweet day, 5 years is a long time, but you can be thankful to be living in modern times when it is so much easier to keep in touch with friends even if you move far away.

Jami - I'm sorry the scale is still not cooperating. With TOM due and your sudden increase in the intensity of your workouts there's no doubt that it is water. for it to be gone soon. Your workout from last night sounds fun! I'm a sick sick puppy!

And in my world PANIC mode has been activated. We finally got the call to schedule the first session of our adoption homestudy. It is Sunday at 12:30. I am thinking that I will probably take tomorrow off from the gym to work on things around here to have the place as nice looking as possible. Unfortunately we found out too late for DH to be able to get out of work. Everybody pray, cross fingers, light candles, do whatever it is that you do, we can use all the help we can get. Especially since I have become seriously ill today which will make prepping things that much harder.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #129  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

July 05, 2011: Weigh In: 261.2
July 31, 2011: Weigh In: 250.8
Total Loss For July, 2011: 10.4 pounds

31: 250.8
01: Oot
02: Oot
03: Oot
04: Oot
05: 247.6
06: 247
07: 246.8
08: 249.6
09: 249.4
10: 248.6
11: 249.0
12: 249
13: 247.4
14: 247.6
15: 246.6
16: 247.8
17: 248.8
18: 246.8

Still hanging in there. Yesterday was rough, seeing 248 on the scale again, almost 249. But I got through it and it was my own fault. Had a bit of an "episode" with Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Bowl. I knew I should have talked the husband into going somewhere else, but I thought I was ready to handle pasta . . .I guess not. But I'm back in the saddle again.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Oh Roxy! Sending lots of love and luck and all the well wishes in the world to help you prep for Sunday. It's been a long time coming, and you know what, you are going to knock their socks off girl
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Just checking in. Not too much time to post tonight again. I was reading my own quote in Vixen's post and realized I MEANT to say that my daughter never picked up my bad habits. I assume from my context that all of you knew what I meant.

Hope everyone had a great day and that tomorrow is even better.

Lin
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #132  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I had another situation today where someone thought I was DH's daughter. This has happened three times in the last few months. He is not thrilled at all with this.

Angie Great job on the 1.6 pounds! Ha Ha You made me laugh about tuna and washing your tongue. Something funny about me. I have lived on the coast most of my life and love all seafood. There has always been one exception. Here goes my embarrassing admission. I like grilled tuna but I HATE tuna fish (like the canned variety). I would not touch tuna salad with a 10 ft pole! DH never understood this. One day he was trying to figure out why I like grilled tuna but not canned tuna fish. I about flipped when I found out the two are the same. Here's the other funny thing, I still won't touch any type of tuna salad, but I like tuna noodle casserole.

Rennie Great job on that workout!

Starbrite Hang in there, my friend. Great job on the .8.

Kukkie Great job on the .3!

Linjber Congrats on the .6.

LGW Woo Hoo! 2 pounds gone! I'm glad you like the Pepsi Max. I spoke with one of the Pepsi reps. Pepsi Max is considered one of their energy drinks. I think it has extra caffeine and some type of herb in it.

Fitgirlygirl I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you. I am also sending you positive thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well for you this weekend. I also hope you feel better.

Vixsin Congrats on the 1.2 pounds! I'm glad you have such a great boss and you are able to go to the carnival. Those are the things the little ones remember. I hope you had a great time together.

Ona I hope you were able to get rested today. You are doing great!

Opheliaphoenix Hi

Mandy Hi

Jamisue It sounds like TTOM may be closer than you think. I hope you can get some relief soon. Hang in there.

Matilda Hello 220's! Great job! I remember the 230's about did me in! They were evil for sure!

Stargetsfit Well, I think everything looks good considering you had pasta. When we go to Olive Garden I order the Apricot Chicken. It's pretty good.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-18-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #133  
~Rennie

LGW so you like the Pepsi Max? Glad you finally got to try it

Roxy Congratulations on finally getting that call. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I truly hope that you will gain the strength you need to get things the way you want them (I'm sure it's not much to do but the pressure is on for perfection now). You have it in the bag, just breathe. feel better

StarGetsFit good job on the 2lbs gone. Olive Garden is hard. It's not the pasta for me it's that bread

Lin my daughter is like your daughter, thin, never finishes anything She now tells me not to eat certain things or will ask, "Are you supposed to be eating that?"

Aw Diana, I'm sorry to hear that. I know how that must make him feel because it use to happens to my Mom with her husband (people use to ask him, "Is that your Mom? all the time) and she would be furious. How do you feel about it? LOL Diana we like what we like and how we like it Pepsi Max has ginseng it.

I ate dinner late only a baked chicken thigh and a cup of homemade mac n cheese. I hope that the calorie burn from my yard work and mowing the lawn balances things out so that I can at least stay the same tomorrow

Good night

Last edited by love2b150; 08-18-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #134  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Darn it. I lost 1.6 yesterday and today's sodium bounce back was, you guessed it...1.6 *sigh* -- moving on. I'm sure I'll see ONEderland sometime this year!

Rennie -- I'm glad I made you laugh! I think I was in a silly mood Great job on your exercise today. Oh, I just hate fish...I did eat some when I was a very little girl, but the taste and texture just don't work for me..there's not a single kind that I eat...same thing for eggs... yuck! Wishing you a great weigh in tomorrow!

Sam -- Good job on your .8

Kukkie -- Hmm...when you missed TOM last month, did you pee on a stick by any chance??? Oh! I see TOM arrived and that it was good news..lol.

Diana -- Good job on your .4! Oh when I was small I used to like salmon salad sandwiches when my Grama made them; UNTIL I found out that salmon was fish..ew. I'm with you though, there are few things more disgusting to me than canned flakey tuna. If someone is eating a tuna sandwich I want to leave (flee!) the area. Last winter I went shopping with my much younger friend, she is about 25, and a clerk in a store thought I was her mother ...I wanted to wring that woman's neck. However, I think it's super cool that you are obviously looking so young, tell DH it's not him, it's you! lol

LGW -- Great weigh in. Hope your breakfast out was great. I have to just remind myself to take my vitamins now...after reminding you I thought hmm...when did I last take my b12? (A few days ago I think)

Roxy -- YEs, I think DS and the dog can have the peanuts -- I'm a bit disgusted by them now! I should post that pic here too Sending you lots of good vibes for a successful homestudy visit tomorrow.

Here is a picture of Cameron sharing peanuts with our dog the other night...Cam ate a few and then he just started licking the salt off of them and feeding them to the dog.

Attachment 40160

Vixsin -- Congratulations on your whoosh! I'm glad you got to go be with Maxwell at his carnival today.

Hi Ona

Ophelia

Mandy -- Aww sorry about the bittersweet last day of work for you.

Jami -- A day off with the boys sounds like the perfect medicine.

Matilda -- Nice whoosh, congrats!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

July 31st ~ 262.4

August:
1~ 262.2
2~ 262.0
3~ 260.6
4~ 260.2
5~ 260.2
6~ 260.0