Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

I had an intense moment of I need to do this now, grabbed my ipod and jumped on the elliptical and pumped out 30 very intense minutes (okay, maybe the last 5 minutes weren't so intense, but still..) , programmed to run up and down a mega hill. I feel amazing! Had a great OP day too! Protein shake, shower, ironing then bed. See ya ladies on the flip side (morning ).
Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #77  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

LOL thanks Kukkie ... thanks to not being able to sign onto the site most of the day I am just reading your post so I'll have to pick them up tomorrow. on your 11th Month Anniversary of being smoke free. That's wonderful, I'm proud of you and very happy for you. Good night Kukkie, rest well

StarGetsFit this to shall pass

Thanks Diana, what's going on with your mouth? I think I missed something. Is it your lips/nut allergy? I'm sorry you are having a reaction hope it passes soon

Oh I didn't get to post my elliptical victory. It's not half as great as Jami, Roxy or Kukkie but I did it.

Thanks Jami for helping me with the weight/calorie part. I feel like I did a little something

Roxy I got on and stayed on for 5:29 minutes, I put in 5 minutes and it is 61 calories burned (my goodness it's hard).

I also hit the treadmill right after 37 minutes and 303 calories burned.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #78  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I stayed the same today ... still at 206.6. I've been eating cheesey popcorn in the evenings which I know is not helping. I'm doing great calorie wise, but I think this sodium is not helping a whole bunch.

I definitely am feeling a lot of stress from work lately and I can feel myself letting that creep in and affect some eating decisions. I had pizza (spinach) on the way home last night because I was feeling sorry for myself for having had a long day and then missing a train and having to wait a long time for the next one...so I just bought the pizza on impulse. It's good to recognize it as the emotional eating it is I guess and try to move past it. Overall I'm still in my calorie range, but not on plan for content (ie/ protein vs carbs...sodium...fat, etc)

Jami -- Your experience at the gym sounds scary!!! Maybe you can visit the doctor to get a puffer in case you need it in future?

LGW -- Good point, I'm not gaining...even if today I'm the same, I'll take it. The whoosh will be appreciated whenever it decides to show up Do you like crystal lite or anything like that? Something to have to dress up the water a bit, but avoid the soda? Congrats on the .8 today.

Starbrite -- Sam (I like using your real name!) Good job on getting back to your goal weight!

Diana -- Glad you had a good solid sleep. Stupid TTOM! Sorry to hear your mouth is worse

Lin -- You made me laugh. In real life I'm the friend who never picks up her messages and returns calls. I can relate to feeling in maintenance mode. I didn't have the same pace for success that you did, but I had a faster beginning than I am having now. I find I settle into a weight range now...spend a little time there, and then gradually move on again. It is frustrating a bit, but I'm trying not to put timelines on this process now -- I'm losing...okay sometimes I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining overall..and eventually I always start losing again. If it takes me another year to lose these last 40-50 pounds, okay then that's how long it takes. In the meantime I'm developing great relationships here, I'm learning a lot about my body and my mind and I'm enjoying the journey (sorry, it was a cliche I had to use.) Thanks for joining this boat...I find your comments insightful and quirky (fun).

Kukkie -- You were up awfully early! I'm assuming if you were that chipper that you didn't forget your coffee this morning. Congratulations on 11 smoke free months, that's fantastic! You rock!

Ona I think that's a great perspective, just keep doing what you're doing...eating healthy food, getting lots of exercise...and let the pounds fall where they may.

Roxy -- Congratulations on the great decision to exercise rather than eat crappy food, and on the 1.4 loss!! I know you've been

Vixsin --

Rennie -- What on earth had you up at 4:20 am??? Good job on the BIG WHOOSH! Welcome back from vacation, I missed you!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #79  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 lbs
May 2011 - Lost 10 lbs
June 2011 - Lost 6.7 lbs
July 2011 - Lost 6.2 lbs

July 31: 259.7
1: 259.9 (+0.2)
2: 258.6 (-1.3)
3: 257.3 (-1.3)
4: 257.7 (+0.4)
5: 258.2 (+0.4)
6: 259.3 (+1.1)
7: 258.4 (-0.9)
8: 259.5 (+1.1)
9: 257.3 (-2.2)
10: 255.5 (-1.8)
11: 254.0 (-1.5)
12: 252.2 (-1.8)
13: 251.8 (-0.4)
14: 252.2 (+0.4)
15: 253.8 (+1.6)
16: 252.9 (-0.9) TOTAL LOST 6.8

(My AM post) -- So, I'm estimating that I burned about 1,200 calories yesterday through exercise alone. That number seems crazy to me! LOL! Even still, I'm actually surprised that I showed a loss this morning since I ate later than usual. I had a protein bar right after my workout - to prevent myself from passing out. LOL. But was still ravenous when I got home and chugged about 32oz of water and ate a scrambled egg sandwich. I finally felt that the beast was satisfied at that point and then I fell into a DEEP coma in my bed! Luckily I did indeed wake up this morning with the alarm and I was feeling suprisingly good...just a bit sore in my thighs, calves, and shoulders - not too sore though. But my limbs are definitely tired. They seem hesitant, like they're afraid of what I might ask them to do today. HA! I keep trying to tell them to relax...that they won't be tortured again until Wed but I'm not sure they believe me.

(My PM post) -- Great day but I got more sore the longer I sat at my desk. Totally stiff! Yikes. I'm trying to stretch it all out (gently) so I can hopefully still move tomorrow. LOL!

LGW -- Nice loss this morning missy! A few others in the class mentioned that the breathing issue happened to them too. I was relieved to know it was fairly normal with over exertion...not good but normal. Best of luck with your next 28h! I'm so happy this will be your last one for a few months! What a relief.

Starbrite -- So happy your back down to goal this morning. It seems a recurring theme that when we've had about as much as we can stand with the gaining...it stops. A few people on here have recently lost after a frustrated rant (including me).

Lin -- AF is Aunt Flow. I like your self talk!

OnaMi - Thank you! It was tough but I survived. 1 Session down...11 more to go! I will be successful!

Roxy -- Big YAY for the 1.4!! I'm glad you're already thinking ahead about the Zumba lunch. Seems little counterproductive to me. Thanks so much for the props! I knew that you, the burpee and P90X queen, would appreciate my "tough workout" story!

Vixsin -- Yay for confidence in our plans! I think that's the best thing about having a plan...that's it's yours and looks like whatever you want it to look like!

Mandy -- I'm glad you're still planning to stick around, otherwise we'd miss you.

Matilda -- Woo hoo!!

Rennie -- YAY for the AMAZING loss this morning! And thanks for the support...I do feel MUCH better today. I even made it to the gym for my lil' routine this morning. My limbs are listening to my brain better but they are a bit tired still...not too sore though which is good...just tired! I'm always there for you! And I know you are for me too. Thanks Ms. Rennie!

Kukkie -- CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary! That's such an amazing accomplishment! You should be SO proud! What a GREAT day! Good for you!

Star -- Sorry about the bounce. I've been there sister! Take care of yourself and keep working your plan!

Diana -- I'm SO sorry about your mouth. Take care my friend!

Angie -- That might not be a bad idea. It's at least worth mentioning.

Last edited by JamiSue3916; 08-16-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

To everyone who answered about Aunt Flo - thanks, I should have figured it out, but Rennie directed the comment at me. No AF here for years! I wrote AFS on my month long original post for "Away From Scale" for the 2 days I was out of town! LOL. I'll have to come up with something else to indicate I didn't weigh in!

I'm beat - hope everyone had a great day.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 08-16-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #81  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

diana i'm moving down to columbia on monday the 22nd.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #82  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Morning
Lots going on with you guys - just keep rocking your plans - you are all awesome in my eyes !
Angie- By all means use my name, we are friends here and my tag name reflects who I wanted to be when I joined. I realise now I was always a bright star, I just didn't recognise it
Down 0.2 - 152.9- just gotta keep on doing what I've been doing. I am so determined now to make it to 145. I will feel safe there !!
Big to you all.
Sam x
Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 AM   #83  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Checking in...no coffee tonight (DECAF w/ artificial sweetner for breakfast)...avoided the 3 offers for muffins this evening!!!

1 DIET DEW down, forgot I don't like pepsi so didn't try the pepsi max...

9 more hrs to go! -- oh I get to sleep for at least 2/9 so don't worry

Last edited by LGW; 08-17-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #84  

Height: 5' 8"

Posted yesterday but it disapeared...

July 31 ~ 172

August:
1 172.4
2 172.6 ~ You are going the wrong way scale!)
3 172.4
4 173.6
5 171 ~ That is more like it!
6 168.2
7 167
8 168.6 ~ Bounce
9 168
10 168.8 ~ Bounce
11 168.2
12 168 ~ Dear Scale, I am done with 168. Please move back down to 167 or lower. Sincerely, Envelope.
13 167.2
14 167.2
15 168
16 168.2
17 167.4 ...so ready to move down some more.
18 168.6
19 167.4
20 167.2
21 165.4 So happy!
22 165.6 :0)
23 165
24 165
25 164.4
26 164
27 164.8
28 164.4
29 166 ~ bounce....

Last edited by envelope; 08-29-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

Got into bed early again and slept well! I need to keep up with that!

Mandy We will be neighbors. Well, pretty close, that is.

LGW Did you try the Pepsi Max? My Mom NEVER drank diet sodas and always hated them. That is, until she tried Pepsi Max. Now that's all she drinks. If you haven't tried it yet, you may want to.

Calories for yesterday: 1460 +

Weigh In: 145.2 (TTOM)

Down: 1 pound
Old 08-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Good morning all. I'm down from 172.6 yesterday to 171.6 today. Down from 172.8 last Wed (WI day) to 171.6, so that's 1.2 pounds for the week. Not what I wanted, but with the slow down I'm having, I guess it's pretty good. I have to get it in my head that any loss is a good loss, and holding steady is the ultimate plan. (I'm just not ready to hold at this weight quite yet!)

I was out with friends at another of our great Tuesday free concerts last night. Walking back to our cars someone walking near me said, "Hey, I know you. We had babies together in 1982!" Turns out it was someone with some sort of super ability to recall faces - we were in the same childbirth class 29 years ago and she remembered me. I remembered her after she said it, but for a million dollars would not have been able to pick her out of a crowd. I guess I don't look any different than I did when I was 8 months pregnant! LOL. But it was 29 years ago. Thank you Miss Clairol!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Lin
Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #87  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

And today I am up a pound to 168.4. At least this time I have a reason for it: 3,498mg of sodium yesterday. My DH LOVES smoked porkchops and we hadn't had any in forever so I decided we'd have some last night. I ate half of one. Now I have this pound of sodium induced water weight. Whatever! I am on the lemon today and going to drown myself in water.

Rennie - Congrats on over 5 minutes on the elliptical!

Angie - I think it is definitely good that you recognize what is going on. I'm sorry you have so much stress right now.

Jami - Yep, I love nothin better than some good for you torture, lol! My BFF laughs at me whenever I do something new and I'm all sore and still wanting to do it again, he thinks I'm insane. I'm glad you were still able to move yesterday. I hope today is not too bad.

Lin - NWI seems pretty common for No Weigh In. That is awesome about the woman recognizing you after 29 years.

LGW - I don't like Pepsi either, but I do like Pepsi Max, so while you might not want to risk getting it instead of your dew, you might want to give it a taste sometime. I'm the same with coke and coke zero. I just don't like cola much at all, and I will still take a diet dew over either of them, but pepsi max and coke zero are good, way better, imo, than the regular versions and definitely better than the 'diet' version.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #88  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Morning Everyone

Down the pound of sodium,Back to 177.2..well,the start of 4 straight days of gym work ..sigh..Power Pump today this month,the instructor's routine is tough..but i didn't die last week so I should do a little better this week.

Lin,you know what that means? you look like you're 29 Fantastic! you're losing something, in a a great place mentally about food now and look like you're 29 ..

Angie,love your prospective too and the ability to recognize different triggers and handling them.I'd call those growing pains(as in.. learning as we grow in knowledge about food,why(how) it effects us)you've came a long way Hope things settle down soon

Roxy,hope your DH enjoyed the pork chops Turkey bacon got me yesterday but the thing is.. i know i had that for breakfast and was suppose to control my sodium for the rest of the day but..still a work in progress.

Diana,glad you had a good nights rest. great job on the pound

Jami,hope those muscles feel a little better today.Your AM post was too funny .hang tough, go at your own pace and only do what feels comfortable.My first Spinning class was a killer, i could hardly walk out of class now you can't keep me out of class

LGW you're handling your work hours and eating plan brilliantly

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-17-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

'Morning ladies... I chugged almost a litre of water post-elliptical last night before bed, and didn't get nearly enough sleep. The result? I'm up to 202.5 again, but I'm okay with that, had a workout, was OP, am armed for today as well. Bring it on!

Also, big thank you for all the congrats, I'm super duper excited about it and so glad I could share it with all of you

Roxy love the "drown myself in water" comment. I'm right there with ya!

Lin pretty crazy that she recognized you! Great job on your 1.2.

Diana nice loss! Happy to hear you're resting well How are you feeling today? Is the mouth still bothering you?

LGW glad to hear you're going to get a power nap! Rest well friend

Sam (starbrite) you're doing great and will have no problems getting to your new goal.

Jami oh my, sorry to hear about your episode at the gym and glad you're feeling better. I'm even more excited to hear that you're enjoying the torture, I know I used to LOVE working with my trainer way back when.

Angie was definitely up early, and I think I'm feeling the effects of that today, especially since I didn't sleep well. But I've been armed with caffeine, so it's bearable. I'm sorry that you missed the train, I take it you were downtown yesterday? Are you flushing the sodium with lots of water?

Rennie good for you for staying on more than 5 minutes! Honestly, sometimes I get so bored on that thing, it feels so mundane, but it has to get done. Last night, I had Shania Twain to jam out with, who knew that would get me through it so fast! On another note, guess what? I had another oatmeal-to-bar on my way home yesterday, I was really hungry on the train and remembered that I had it in my lunch bag, and omg Rennie it was soo good. I'm so happy that my pickiness can be satiated with something healthy did you end up going to Walmart yesterday? Oh and you're right, Aimee is still on vacation, but I don't know where Coon is maybe she's just busy with her new courses and work.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #90  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All,

Down .4 this morning to 186.4. Thank you scale. I did 20 inclined pushups and managed to get 20 mins of dancing in last night. Today is Treadmill Day. I am still sore from the last one but that won't be stopping me today. I have my gym clothes here at work and will go straight home and hop on right after work! Still writing the food journal. Have my full day of food planned again today. Still battling the snack monster in the evenings. I think I need to add a little bit of carb to my dinner to help me feel satisfied. Maybe more fiber-rich foods??

What do you guys think? Other than water, how do you tackle the snack monster at night?
Closed Thread