Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #106  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

July 31st: 254.4 lbs

August:
1 256.2 (bad weekend caught up to me) 1660 calories
2 255.6 - starting to get it under control. 1950 calories
3 255.6 - staying the same is better than gaining again!
4 255.2 - 1840 calories
5 254.6 - start of anniversary weekend - 2212 calories
6 254.6 - 2254 - went to newport and walked around all day
7 255 - expected slight gain, but walked a lot again - 2320 calories
8 254 - 1835 calories
9 254.6 - slight trouble getting back on track 1960 calories
10 254.6 - still not quite on target - 2000 calories
11 255.4 - finally got in my head that I needed to be OP - 1550 calories
12 255 - 2220 calories - ate really well all day, but went out to eat at night.
13 254 - 1680 calories
14 254 - 1760 calories
15 255 - 1820 calories - drank a LOT of water, so I'm going to assume that's what caused the extra pound, lol
16 254.2 - 1710 calories
17 253.8 - 1750 calories

Been pretty on target with calories the past few days, since my goal is 1750. Still trudging along!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

LinJber Congrats on the 1.2 pounds for the week.

Fitgirlygirl Mmmm, smoked pork chops!

Ona Great job on the pound!

Kukkie My mouth has flared up. Great job on the workout!

Vixsin Congrats on the .4.

Cutie Great job on the pound!

Matilda There ya go! 2 pounds!

JamiSue Hi

LGW Hi Great job planning! That's the way to do it.

Kwigg Sorry to hear about you having a panic attack. I hope today is better for you.

Starbrite

Rennie I'm thinking, after getting rid of 4.8 pounds of stuff, you are feeling pretty light. Great job!

Meliz Congrats on the .4.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #108  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Down 1.6 today to 205. I had a project meeting today so I ate food I normally would not eat, sandwiches on white rolls, but I think I did okay. Problem is that I was munching on peanuts that I got out for Cameron and I ate about 4 handfuls before I looked at the calorie count...OMG 1/3 cup is 320 calories...how much is 4 handfuls???? I might have inadvertently eaten 800-900 calories...holy crap. I'm throwing them in the garbage.

Oh, and I accidentally had a bite of tuna today. I picked up a sandwich that looked like half a grilled cheese to have with my salad. I took a bite and thought, "eww...I think it must have been resting on a tuna sandwich, it tastes fishy"...then I looked closer, it was a grilled cheese + tuna sandwich!!! Ewww. If you knew me IRL you'd know this is traumatic for me, I don't eat fish...ever. Not any kind -- I find it revolting...and I ate it. Oh god...I'm going to go wash my tongue again now.

Jami -- Great job on your exercise lately! Don't worry about the ups and downs, just focus on the right choices and behaviours. (I'm cracking myself up right now with this advice since I rarely take it myself!)

Lin -- I like OOT (out of town) for days I don't weigh in...I borrowed it from someone else who used to post here. Good job on your 1lb today.

Hey, where is fitkristi anyway???

Sam -- Good job on your .2 today -- keep chipping away at thos last 7lbs, you can do it. I also think your DH might be feeling a little insecure because you are so totally hot now I suggest to keep reminding him how sexy you think he is and hopefully he'll come round.

Diana -- Congrats on your 1lb today! Sometimes when it is TTOM I feel like you do today -- like you just want someone to stick a pin in you and pop you. Hope your mouth is feeling better.

Roxy -- Sorry about the gain. I loved the phrase 'on the lemon' I'll definitely plagerize that one! I need to get on the lemon right now come to think of it.

Ona -- Thank you Good job getting rid of the persistant pesky pound. Please promise to enjoy power pump today. Perhaps perserverence as a pupil will pay off and you will prevail over the problematic routine and not perceive so much pain as in the past. (I was inspired by the name of your class -- power pump -- to produce as many p's as possible)

Kukkie -- Yes, I was uptown Monday, and downtown today. I am watering myself like crazy -- hopefully I won't retain all of this tomorrow! Good job on the elliptical last night!

Vixsin -- I struggle with nighttime snacking -- whatever you do don't eat peanuts! I used to have a 50 cal skinny cow fudgesicle or a 60 cal sugar free chocolate pudding...I've gotten away from there, but since i"m mentioning it to you I think I'll try those again too. They always seemed to help curb my munchies.

Rennie -- About the water and peeing at night...I'm sure your DH would be more annoyed if you didn't get up 4x a night and peed the bed instead. Holy cow, down 4.8 today! Great job

LGW -- Thats a pretty exciting sneak peek weigh in! Great work. How about some vitamin B for energy instead of caffeine (if you're trying to avoid caffeine that is)?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #109  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Ok I'm back

Vixsin good job on the .4 down Snack monster is tackled by a cup (sometimes 2) of grapes and water. Hoping for a great weigh in tomorrow for ya'

Cutie good job on the pound gone Glad you enjoyed Zumba I love it also, what a great workout . Haven't tried Yoga I'm sure you'll be out of the 240's by September determination will WIN

Matilda, way to go on the 2lbs gone

Diana I read it, I was hoping that since it was only a taste you wouldn't have a reaction. I'm sorry Sorry TOM is being so mean this month ... love that guy Diana I felt great until I ate that gyro. My mouth waters for certain things and I fully intended to eat light but my plans to take snacks didn't hit me until I was already on 95. So too late. Like you said about TOM I feel like a blowfish most of the time here lately. Everything I eat gives me gas and I'm not sure why that is all of a sudden. So between gas and sodium I think I've just been full of air

Jami great job on being OP for weeks, you go Girl Sorry about the water retention and the sore muscles ... Oh my you have to do it again this evening. The jacuzzi sounds like a wonderful idea Hopefully next week will be better

Thanks LGW love your PLANNING have fun I wouldn't call it a whoosh just eating half the calories that I had per day while I was away will do it every time

kwigg glad you are focusing on today and putting yesterday behind you. You can and you are doing this

Sam I'm sorry you are going through this

Thanks Ona I am definitely trying

Lin you are one of the right frame of mind Lady's in here ... great job on staying positive. Big losses, small backward steps - all the same in the long run as long as we stay on plan <--- great thought

MeliZ good job on the .4 down

Thanks Angie great job on the 1.6 down. My handful of nuts (without them falling out) is my 1/4 of a cup, only what I can cup in my palm. You can call us the nutty ladies today. I did the same thing but only two handfuls 170 calories each. you are too funny. I can see you washing your tongue with a clothe because it sounds like something I would do LOL. Why don't you like fish? bad experience? the smell? LOL you are cracking me up ... every time I give my opinion I think the same thing ---> (I'm cracking myself up right now with this advice since I rarely take it myself!) it was said this evening that you tend to remember more (absorb it) when you write it down. And when I can see it in black and white it makes a ton of sense though I don't always apply it. (I'm working on it) Again a funny from you with the P's to Ona Angie sometimes I'm so tired, because my sleep is constantly broken, I pray I don't have one of those I'm already in the bathroom dreams that would be horrid. I already make him get up when I have those ridiculous night sweats, how on earth would I explain the a puddle? ok that's not funny I don't even want to think about that

OK here is my exercise info
~elliptical 5:15 minutes = 60 calories, I so wanted to do 10 minutes but I could hardly breathe
~treadmill 22:11 minutes = 179 calories, I tried a 4.5 incline for about 4 minutes not easy at all. My hat is off to Coondocks for doing an incline at 7, whew
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #110  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

oh my shirt was drenched from doing my little 27 minute and 26 second exercises, do you know my husband asked me, "Is that sweat or did you just go throw water on yourself?" Are you serious?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #111  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hey
thanks for all the lovely comments. Was having a real low last night, and have found being at the stage I'm at now very daunting. It's a shock to realise that in order to maintainI have to keep OP or as close to. Then add to that the opinions of others about my selfishness, and the lack of affirmation about attractiveness from DH, just makes my headspin !! I know in my logical brain it will all be ok, and that DH truly loves me, but when you have gone through such a dramatic change it's hard to get your head round, and hard to see yourself through someone else's eyes.I've said it before and I'll say it again, the emotional side of this journey just blows me away!
Anyhoo, down 0.8 today, so my late night brandy and 2.30am bedtime did not cause any damage
Sam x

Last edited by starbrite; 08-18-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning! Its going to be a longggg day for me! Early morning calls with Europe and late night calls with Asia.

Down 0.3 to 202.5 - earlier than usual and pre-BM, so I'm okay with it. I think TOM might be arriving soon as well...I hope! There were unexpected signs yesterday, and when I checked my tracker app, it's scheduled to arrive on the wknd, but I didn't even think of it since I missed last month entirely. Oh please TOM show up and whoosh away some unnecessary weight.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #113  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +

Weigh In: 144.8

Down: .4
Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I'm down .6 today to 171.0 - maybe I'll get out of this decade after all. I was afraid I'd have to go buy a lot of expensive clothes that fit just right. I figure if I do that, I'm sure to whoosh out of them in a matter of days! I'll hold off for a while.

Starbrite - I sometimes feel overwhelmed at the fact that this is how I need to eat forever, too. That's one of the big reasons I decided in January to just eat what I know is healthy. I didn't want to get set in a plan that seemed like a "diet" forever. Unfortunately, this is the way we have to eat! I watch my DD who is 5'6" and 128 -130 pounds. She has never had a weight problem, but she also never ate a whole bag of cookies at a time, either. Thank goodness she never picked up my bad habits. This IS the way she eats! She skimps on lunch if she's having a big supper. She never eats everything on her plate at a restaurant but brings half home. Stuff like that. I think the difference is this - once we settle in for a time at a goal weight, we realize we can have the day where we go to an all you can eat buffet and "blow it" and it's still OK. It's just one meal. right now everything is so focused on getting to goal that the holding back seems endless. We'll all get there and stay there with the right mind set. You have it. Hope you're felting emotionally better.

I had a few more thoughts about you and your hubby - I wonder if he felt like you might not like his body as much way back when you first started to lose and was hesitant to initiate anything and that became the norm for him? We all have that nagging doubt hiding somewhere. Maybe he feels deep down that he should also be losing and this is his way of coping because he isn't. Enough on the topic.

Everyone - have a great day. I'm off to work and the gym after and an evening of cleaning the kitchen. The excitement never ends.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 08-18-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #115  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
Aug 15 - 217.6 (-20.2 total wt loss)

Next mini goal: 209-213 by Sept 15
LONG-TERM GOAL: NEVER SEE 220 again

7/31 217.8
8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0)
8/13 - no WI
8/14 - 216.2 (-2.4)
8/15 - 217.8 (+1.6)
8/16 - 217.0 (-0.8)
8/17 - no WI
8/18 - 215.0 (-2.0) ...I will take that!...I missed breakfast, but I did have TGIFs last night -- salad, sizzlin chicken/shrimp w/ brocolli

NSV alert: my co-worker pulled me aside to say he can see that I've lost weight!

Breakfast out this am -- I will stick to my plan!

Have a great day and a great WI everyone

Last edited by LGW; 08-18-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #116  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Angie: Funny you mention vitamins -- I actually started taking them again today. I have a MV from GNC that I absolutely love and gives me energy (women's mega MV - time release); however, for some odd reason if I take it during the day I get really tired and if I take them for too long, say a month or so, I cannot sleep at night, so every time I take them I have to strategically plan when to take them...but I did start today Thanks for the reminder

Last edited by LGW; 08-18-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #117  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Today I am back down that pound to 167.4 again. That means I've had no real loss for yesterday or today, but I got rid of the sodium pound in only 1 day and I can't complain about that!

Ona - I love your "i didn't die last week so I should do a little better this week" - awesome attitude!

Jami - that's ok, bouncing burns calories, right I hope last nights workout went well, can't wait to hear about it.

Diana - I'm sorry TTOM is being so hard on you.

Starbrite - I don't have any advice. I worry about my husband, not that he will feel threatened, but that he just won't be attracted to me anymore because he has always liked bigger women, so I can feel your pain. I hope things improve.

LGW - Crystal Light made a few flavors that had caffeine. I didn't like them though and I don't know if they still have them. They were in the single serving ones and labeled 'energy'.

Angie - I am sorry about your tuna experience. No need to throw out the peanuts, just let DS and the pup have them all

Lin - I love the comment about expensive clothes, that always works for me too. It probably wouldn't work if we did it on purpose though
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #118  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
Starbrite - I sometimes feel overwhelmed at the fact that this is how I need to eat forever, too. That's one of the big reasons I decided in January to just eat what I know is healthy. I didn't want to get set in a plan that seemed like a "diet" forever. Unfortunately, this is the way we have to eat! I watch my DD who is 5'6" and 128 -130 pounds. She has never had a weight problem, but she also never ate a whole bag of cookies at a time, either. Thank goodness she picked up my bad habits. This IS the way she eats! She skimps on lunch if she's having a big supper. She never eats everything on her plate at a restaurant but brings half home. Stuff like that. I think the difference is this - once we settle in for a time at a goal weight, we realize we can have the day where we go to an all you can eat buffet and "blow it" and it's still OK. It's just one meal. right now everything is so focused on getting to goal that the holding back seems endless. We'll all get there and stay there with the right mind set. You have it. Hope you're felting emotionally better.
Thanks for this today, Lin. It hit home for me and helped center my thoughts.

Persistence pays off, gang! My scale gave me a whoosh of 1.4 this morning so I'm now back down to 185 on the money! This puts me at only 1.2 away from my all time low. I feel a big portion of that is water as my thighs are still REALLY sore.

Buddy, I'm drinking water and eating on plan like nobody's business! I WILL get back to my low! I'm feeling good today!

Taking a half day today. Maxwell has a carnival at Tae Kwondo today. Complete with games and all kinds of stuff. It's for a good cause. So he asked me if I could go and I, of course, told him that I had to work. He was instantly HEART BROKEN. I mean to the point of tears!!! That has never happened before! He said he was going to be the only one without a parent there and that I ALWAYS had to work! I felt horrible. That was yesterday. It happened again this morning except he burst into tears when talking about the carnival and how much he wanted me to be there. I told him that I would be a little late but I would get there today to spend time with him. So thankful for my amazing boss.

Talk about playing my heartstrings like a $2 fiddle. I can't wait to share this with him. He's so happy that I'm going to be there. I'll take pics with my phone because I think I left my camera at my friends house last weekend.

I'll talk to you all later on today. Have a great one!!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #119  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Morning everybody

up.2 to 177.4 and definitely ok with that.Feel tired.

Great WI LGW and NSV thanks but i can't take that title.I learned everything i know(how to fight to get this weight off) from Roxy,Diana and lots of other around here.

Angie,too funny bout all those "p's" thanks.I handled Power pump yesterday I used 3 extra mats(under my own) for cushion(during the floor work) and it really helped.
And a lady I've befriend came over to me after class(she and I had been talking about core exercises and are in other classes together) and gave me some tips to use,(for my core) to get more strength there,when we have to lay down on the stepper.

Diana great job on the .4

Lin have a great day

Rennie

Jami,hope your muscles feel better today

Vixsin,great job with the work outs and back to writing everything down.I'm w/ what Jami said about the munching at night.Plus i save stuff to eat for that time.mostly cheese and crackers(protein/carbs together stop the craving for me).lately I've been having a sunflower seeds that i found in a small pack.

KuKKie,Roxy and anyone i missed

All the time i have.Will try to come back later

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-18-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #120  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I've been having trouble getting this site to load for the past few days, but I'm back...haha. Losses this week have been slow but steady, so I'm okay with it. Weigh-in was 233.2 this morning. I don't have enough time to go over all the personals I missed at the moment, but I will come back this evening and see if I can catch up. Until then, I hope everyone is having a great day today...see you guys tonight!
Closed Thread