Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #151  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was able to wear one of DH's sweatshirts.

Now this may not sound like a big deal if you are married to a big guy but...

DH is 5'11, 135 lbs. He wears a small and it is really hard to find clothes for him because he is small. I needed a warm shirt to put on to go outside. I couldn't find mine but I looked at his. I was going to amuse myself by seeing how far off I was. I was shocked when it was fit, loose up top, a little snug on the hips. So I figured it was one of his shirts that was a couple sizes larger and he wore it anyway, maybe a size Large. When I took it off, I looked at the tag and it was a size small.... Crazy!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #152  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

We had a birthday party at work today....cake w/ choc frosting, ice cream, chips and soda. I wished the birthday girl a happy one and politely declined the goodies. She was so astonished, she called me later to ask me what kind of diet I was on.

Then I took my daughter to dinner, Japanese. First time I've been out to eat since my journey began. I shared my meal with my daughter, she got my rice, I kept the veggies. And I quit eating when I felt full, not when the plate was licked clean! Then I sent the leftover rice and shrimp to her dads house!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

On of my friends dropped by earlier today so I could help her with her computer. We meet when we both started law school in Sepetember. This was the first time she had been too my aparment and she was looking at the pictures of my family. She looked at pictures form my undergrad graduation which was taken shortly after I started loosing weight and was shocked. She couldn't believe that I had lost that much weight in a year.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #154  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

RememberHowToSmile - You have lost a lot of weight! Congratulations!

Well.....after all this time, I finally have another NSV. Not only am I back on-plan after several weeks of putzing around, I also worked out today! Its been 5 weeks since I last worked out. Right before I left, I had a headache and almost didnt go. I'm so glad I went anyway. Now, I'm really pumped up to stay with the plan!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #155  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Yea! Rhonda! You go, girl!!! I'll bet you feel great about doing it, too!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #156  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats, everyone! It's so inspiring reading these.

So guess what I did yesterday? I got my picture taken at the YMCA for my replacement membership card! Now I can go weigh in & see how I am doing. I am planning on using the weight room in the mornings when no one is there. There will also be some pool use if I have anything to say about it (and I have EVERYTHING to say about it since I am the one steering this ship), so that means I have to locate my goggles & swim cap. I can't wait to feel strong & healthy again. And I can't wait to find out how much I weigh, and how much I should lose in 2 weeks before going back to Mayo Clinic.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Robin - thank you for your last post. I think I may print it & post it - I find it so motivating!

My NSV is that the other night I was at a Girl Guide District meeting. I realized at the end of the meeting that I was speaking up & saying what I thought without a moments thought about what other people thought of me. But what is really exciting is that this is starting to become more than just an occassional thing - I feel like the real me is finally coming back. And I missed her!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #158  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default So inspiring!

Good Morning!

I'm so glad this thread is hoppin'!!! LOVE to check in and read how we are noticing so many positive changes in our lives as we get more fit!!

Here's my NSV:

As many of you know, I have been doing HipHopAbs using the DVD set created by Shaun T. from Beachbody.com. It is SO much fun, and I actually giggle as I dance! Anyway, I was doing the DVD today, and Shaun told me to "strut my stuff" as I walked to the left and then walked to the right before I went back to the regular HipHop moves of the DVD. This time I put my hands on my hips and really strutted! Guess what? I actually felt the bones of my hips moving the rest of my legs! Before I had had so much flab on my hips that I only felt FLAB, no BONE! I'm taking a break, and then I'm going to "strut my stuff" again!

Oh, the wonders of losing flab!!!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #159  
Just Me

I bought some misses size Large shirts and they fit!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #160  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Woke up this morning and thought " I'm gonna try and get into a smaller size pair of jeans" And "voila" they fit!!!(42 to 40). We have pants retirement parties at our house. When jeans get too big-we fold them up and stick them in the "fat pants drawer" Gotta love it.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #161  

[QUOTE=Janny O;1659466] We have pants retirement parties at our house. QUOTE]

I LOVE THAT!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #162  
Just Me

I actually need to go through my closet and start putting more stuff in bags. There are so many things that I just don't wear because they are too big!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
I feel like the real me is finally coming back. And I missed her!
You summed up exactly how I feel too, Lifeguard!

My NSV is that a student athlete at my school talked to me yesterday about how much weight I've lost. She went on and on about how great I look, and she said she sees me running and she just thinks I'm like She-ra or something, like a powerful woman, because I've worked so hard! I thought that was really cute. But it also reminded me that I'm serving as a good example for students at my school, by showing them that you can reach your goals if you stick to it, not just with academics but in other areas of your life as well.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Lifeguard - I feel that too, like I am coming back. I am so much more confident in myself...at work I have changed, I say what I think instead of hanging back...something I hadn't really thought about yet - thanks for sharing!!

My NSV is that we went to my favourite restaurant last night...and I was so afraid I was going to pig out, but I only ate about 1/3 of what they served me, and a little bit of the appetizer. I just enjoyed the conversation with my DH and didn't focus so much on the food...and I came in under on my calories even! yay!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #165  

I just bought the cutest beige sandals for $2.50! I love payless! (I have size 11 feet - I never get cheap shoes!)