Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I still need to catch up on this thread!!

I was in my hometown all last week, so I got lots of compliments from people I hadn't seen in ages, which was nice. My grandfather's was the best, though. He's 96 and can't see all that well, but he just kept looking at me, and finally he said, "You're just so much prettier now." Later he realized that might offend me, so he said, "I didn't mean you weren't pretty before. I just mean that losing weight has brought something out in you. It's brought out your smile." And it really has!

Today we had a long drive back and we stopped at a gas station somewhere. I bought a Diet Mountain Dew and the guy behind the counter admonished me for buying a diet drink. He kept saying, "There's no need for a diet drink. You look PERFECT." Maybe he couldn't see that well, either. I was all giggly...haha! I hope he wasn't just trying to be nice to the poor fat girl -- I guess I'll always think that's the case even when I'm not the fat girl anymore.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #137  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Whew! The weekend is about over and again I'm trying to catch up....things are simpler when no one wants a piece of my time and I can play on the computer, eh? But, alas, that could be part of the reason I need to lose weight! No, on second thought, the computer has two faces.....the side that makes me want to be slug and just sit and read, but it also takes me to you guys, and all this awesome inspiration! So, I'll keep coming here every chance I get!

Melissa, how wonderful that someone commented to you about your weight loss! I know it's discouraging when it seems that no one has noticed....I think a lot of times people just don't know what to say. They don't want to offend you, or may not know if you've been sick. I think so many times people want to lose weight, but don't or can't for some reason that when we do lose weight others think we must have been ill to actually accomplish the weight loss. Good for you for hanging in there!

BooBear, don't you just love shopping now? I can't go shopping anywhere without trying something on just to see if it fits! And thanks for telling me about your doctor; sometimes I think I have the only jerk m.d. out there! Like we can't look in the mirror and see that there's still more work to be done....a pat on the back would probably get almost anyone moving more and eating less, I don't need the negative reinforcement!

Nicki, good for you! Down one size already...keep it up, girl!

Lisa, way to go with the diet soda and complement from the gas guy! We'll just assume he has perfect 20/20 vision and saw you looking great! Cool!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #138  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This is just a general overall feeling NSV. I had a fantastic weekend. Didn't do anything spectacular, but I FELT spectacular. I socialized and was feeling oh so confident and got a zillion compliments, one in particular came from a husband of a friend of mine who said to me, "I hope you don't mind my saying so, but you look LUCIOUS." Hmmm, interesting way to put it. I hope my cheeks didn't look as red as they felt. I loved the clothing I wore all weekend. I have so many outfits that I adore now I have a difficult time deciding which one to wear, quite a switch from the days when I had barely any clothing and had to settle for whatever shapeless sack would get around me. It didn't reflect my style - AT ALL. I love my new workout outfit, which includes a tank top. I felt great, had lots of energy and got a lot accomplished. I thoroughly enjoyed making my dinner last night. It included lots of veggies and I was just enjoying chopping and preparing everything and the fact that I was serving a delicious healthy meal to my family and they loved and appreciated it. I'm just really getting a "kick" out of doing ordinary things. Just enjoying this new smaller me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Good for you Robin. I love reading your posts. Whenever I see your name on a post I have to check it out to see what you wrote.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Robin - I am so glad you are just enjoying life. It is very motivating to me to hear that you are enjoying the weight loss - I worry I won't so I find this comforting.

I also had a good weekend. I slept in but unlike the past I didn't beat myself up about it & I was really productive. I even cooked (DH usually does all the cooking). & I painted the nursery. No I am not pregnant (I have PCOS) but I am hoping that it being painted will bring good baby vibes. Plus I was sick of the scooby doo/flourescent green paint decor we inherited in that room!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #141  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I just adore you Robin. You rox my sox!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #142  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

A male coworker actually told me I was losing too much weight... Oh my, I don't think so but I appreciate it
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

A coworker told me today "You look like you lost 15 more pounds over Spring Break!!" That was nice to hear, considering I actually gained about four, I believe...
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #144  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I went to walk around this large block by our middle school. I haven't done this since I first started on this journey. I remember when I was there before, I thought I would die before I made it once around. I made it twice around this time and could have done another one if I would have had more time. It was nice!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #145  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I measured myself this morning and realized that no part of me is over 50 inches. My widest point (butt, belly hang, hips) was 48 inches this morning. I remember when I first started measuring (10 lbs down from my highest weight), my measuring tape only went to 60 inches and it didn't fit all the way. My estimate was that it was 65 inches. So I've lost 17 inches off my hips.

Here is an estimate of all my inches

Inches Then Now Loss
Neck 19 15 4
Shoulders 60 45 15
Waist 56 38 18
Hips 65 48 17
Upper arm 21 14 7 each
Wrist 7.75 6.5 1.25 each
Ring size 12 8.5
Upper thigh 33 23 10 each
Calf 21 16 5 each
Ankle 11 9 2 each
Shoe size 11 9

So for total inches lost it looks like approximately 106.5 inches. Although I did measure other places such as forearm and underarms but I started measuring those only 40 or 50 lbs ago. Total loss in those areas is around 10 inches.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #146  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Wow Nelie! That's a lot of inches! Good for you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #147  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

It would take me forever to say it to each individual, but I am totally INSPIRED and IN AWE by these NSVs!! Do you all know how motivating you are to me (and others)!? Keep up the great work! We are watching and learning from you!

My NSV is actually based on the scale but the scale isn't the NSV. I purposely set myself short-term weight increments to meet by certain dates. So far, I have met the first two a month ahead of when I had it scheduled! When I looked at that this morning, it just made me determined all over again to see this through. I'm doing it - one lb at a time!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Even thou my scales are not moving much lately I did buy a szie smaller jeans this week. I think it was the pick me up I needed. I've had so many distractions with my son in the hospital and the holiday.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #149  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

I have one to add..

Yesterday I had to get dressed up (doesn't happen that often as I work from home!)..

I have this lovely, lime green blouse I bought last summer as an incentive piece.. it's just so pretty.. It has lace, short cap sleeves and beadwork all over the front.. and a very sexy V neck I just fell in love with it and had to have it.. even though it was WAY (like two sizes) too small at the time.. I saw it sitting in the back of my closet yesterday and decided to try it on (sure I could still not fit in it).. and IT FIT! and it's not even "barely fitting" it fits perfect! it is a size 16 (a real size 16!)- (I have gone from a size 24 to a size 16 blouse!)..I almost cried.. man.. I feel great..
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #150  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard View Post
Robin - I am so glad you are just enjoying life. It is very motivating to me to hear that you are enjoying the weight loss - I worry I won't so I find this comforting.
Lifeguard I can't tell you that losing the weight will solve all your problems, because, well, that's just not the case. I am a wife and mother of 3 teenaged daughters and we've still got lots of "stuff" going on in this household. Lots. As we all do no matter what stage of life we are in. That has not changed. But I am just overall - happier. Incredibly so in fact.For myself I had a lot of worries tied directly to my weight and those of course have been greatly alleviated.

I get soooo much joy from things that many people most likely take for granted. Waking up and starting the day out at almost 300 lbs was to put it mildly - extremely - unpleasant. I now can't wait to start the day. I love showering and moisturizing my body - something I never bothered with in the past. And picking out my days clothing. I even love my new PJ's. All right, I even love looking at my smaller, much smaller undies. Every morning when I put them on I still can't believe they fit me, that they're really mine. I love all the added energy and just the way I walk now. I really - MOVE, with ease, despite my bad knees. Life is just much easier for me now that I am lugging around 120 lbs less of me. And yes, with much less worries. I can go on and on about all the joys I am experiencing now, but I'll spare you. I don't think you should spend time worrying about whether or not you will indeed enjoy your new slimmer self. Because if I was a betting person and I was down to my last $500.00 bucks or $5000.00 bucks or whatever number you wanna pick - I'd bet the whole kit and caboodle that you too will enjoy your slimmer self and find have more joy in your life in general when you lose the weight. Have no fear. It will happen for you.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-17-2007 at 06:29 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote