Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #1  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Default Thrift Store trip...

Well today wanted to go to Goodwill, I need sone clothes and Ts to get me thru summer, I love thrift stores so off i go,

I found a few pair of pants that just by seeing looked my size...so i grab them and try them on....LOL i float in them size 14/16...so for kicks i go get aregular size 10, snug but fits....now i am on cloud nine, just the boost i needed. I need a new hair style so will wait to i move in with my son mid month......i am happy
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5.6

That is so fantastic - I can't wait for that to happen to me.

Congratulations!!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

oh my gosh, went to my closet and checked the on pair of Bill Blass jeans the smallest i ever had, last month i could not even zip or pull together......they are snug not tight and i am floating on air...............PS had these jeans for 10 years!!! oh now i will be so good and new home, clothes and a new hairstyle at summers end!!!!1
Old 05-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #4  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Goodwill is my total WEAKNESS. I am buying all kinds of size 10, 8, and 6 clothes (for this coming winter) I have them dry cleaned and I put them in a part of the closet that I call "THE GOAL AREA" So far, I have purchased a SAKS FIFTH AVE. blazer and skirt and an Oscar De La Renta black wool jacket for $4.00 each!!! I believe this helps me stayed motived.
Try it sometime!
Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a thrift store shopper but I'm a definite bargain shopper. I've been buying smaller clothes on sale like crazy. Half of my closet is clothes that I can almost fit into. Its put me into a position that I need to lose weight in order to have something to wear
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

I bought a pair of natica sweat pants, 3.75 and liz claborne for 3.75 and a tommy swear top for 4.00 I love Goodwill an d it goes to a good cause......
Old 05-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #7  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Way to go, Sandy! Good for you for getting into those smaller sizes! I love thrift store shopping. I feel like I can have more things to choose from while I'm still in the losing phase of this journey. I'm just too tight fisted to spend a lot on clothing that I'm hoping won't fit for very long. Just a couple months ago I bought two pairs of Talbot's capris for $5 each....then the other day I found out they retail for $98 per pair! The bargains are there if you're willing to look for them!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #8  
Almost the Big 50!

I also collect vision ware the brown or cranberry cook ware..and love it...I just find it stupid to buy a 100.00 pair of jeans when i can get the same ones for 5 bucks... now on Computers i spend 2500.00 easy...but clothes nope not me
Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #9  
Just Me

My upper limit for almost anything I buy is $20. If it is over $20, then forget it. Although I did buy a wool coat (originally $200) for $30 a couple months ago. Oh ok, I did buy my wedding dress for $90 dollars (originally over $300)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #10  

Sandy, that is great! Congrats!

The thrift stores near me don't have dressing rooms and you can't return anything once you've bought it, so I can't shop at them for clothing. I'm like Nelie, major bargain shopper. I love shopping at Ross-I always find great shirts there, and even find bathing suits there. I found a nice bathing suit cover up there last week for ten dollars-even in Kmart and Walmart the cover ups are $20!

Take care,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #11  
Just Me

I actually don't shop at Ross although I have found stuff there a few times. I don't like digging through stuff. I stick to the main department stores and other stores. My latest shopping spree was at NY & CO, I ended up buying 15 pieces of clothing for work & play for about $100. Now I just have to lose weight to fit in them
Old 05-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #12  

Neile,

I understand about Ross-the racks can be a real wreck! Luckily one of the stores near me is actually pretty organized. I never shop at Macys or other expensive stores-occsionally I'll buy some items on sale at Jc Penney.

That's great that you have a new wardrobe waiting for you!

Sherry
Old 05-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #13  
Just Me

Oh I love Macys!!! They always have the best sales. I buy dress pants from them. Last couple pairs I bought were $15. Today I'm wearing a pair of pants I bought from Bloomingdales, they cost me $12 (marked down from $98).

Its pretty simple to shop at department stores. Search for coupons but even if you don't have a coupon, often they will give a coupon to you (if a sale is running). Also, hit the clearance racks and ignore the rest.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #14  

Neile,

I never think of Macy's as having good sales, but apparently, they do! I'll have to check there after I've lost some more weight. I'm going to try to get through the summer with my current clothing and not spend money until fall.
Buying things for the future in smaller sizes doesn't work for me-I'm hard to fit and I hate to waste money on something that will end up looking horrible on me.

Sherry
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #15  
Almost the Big 50!

I love shopping, now a little more however i want to be in maint. before i blow real money on stuff