Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #91  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Lisamarie that's a great one. I love when someone wants to hear what I do. And the funniest thing about it is sometimes it's people that are so thin, at least to me. And they want tips. I guess they need to lose 10 lbs or so. And they ask me. Too funny. Who wouldv't thunk it?

My NSV: It is my anniversary on Saturday and just as luck would have it, ALL of my kids will be away Friday night and not coming back til Saturday night. I still can't believe it. So tomorrow I am headed to buy myself some new and pretty lingerie. I haven't done that in, I don't know 17 years or so. I am so excited I can't even begin to tell you. I better have the smelling salts ready, cause hubby just might pass out. And instead of going out to dinner and eating off plan, we will be staying HOME and I will be cooking something fabulous and healthy. I mean why go out when we've got the whole house to ourselves?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #92  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Happy Anniversary!

Have a wonderful anniversary dinner, and enjoy every moment in your new lingerie (or for as long as it STAYS on! Ah-hem!!!!)

Especially enjoy sharing that new body with your husband as a SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY PRESENT to BOTH of you!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:01 AM   #93  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Happy Anniversary Robin.

I had a weird NSV tonite. I was at JC Penney's and looking for a new swimsuit in the women's department. They do sell the top and bottom separately and I still couldn't find my size. The clerk lady came to help me and I explained that I needed a 10-12 on top and a 4-5 on bottom. She informed me that I needed to find one in the Junior's department as the ones in the ladies dept., the bottoms would all be too BIG for me. Little things like this still surprise me when they happen as it's so ingrained in me that I needed the Plus Size Section, not the Women's department, and certainly NEVER, EVER a Junior's department.

My other NSV is me and DD went to dinner and a scary movie tonite and she told me how much she enjoyed "hanging out" with me tonite. This made me happy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Robin - you have fun picking out that new lingerie!!!

Lily - what an awesome NSV!! Reading that makes me smile!!

My NSV for the day is at breakfast this morning I told DH how much weight I have lost for the week, and he said, you can really tell now. Your face shows it and you look sooo good in jeans now! (still a long way to go before I think I look good in jeans, but it was great to hear it from him!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #95  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Mrs Quadcrew: Those moments are SO sweet! I love it!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #96  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

My NSV last night was kinda the whole gym experience. I was at work until 10 last night and was pretty much watching the clock for the second I could leave and I thought to myself, "15 minutes left and then I get to go to the gym and go home." I suprised myself. "I GET TO" go to the gym.. and not "I HAVE to go."

Then while at the gym I may have made a possible workout buddy. I began causually talking to her. I was doing the Stair-Machine for about 25 minutes when she came over and was like, "Okay, how are you still doing that!? I can't even last 5 minutes." Then she got on the one next to me and was like, "I guess if you can do it for that long then I can do it for 5 minutes." And she did. We were the only ones there so we walked around and talked for the next hour and did various workouts there. We have similar schedules so I may see her tonight at the gym too.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

That is great that you've found a place where you LOVE to go - and even having a new friend to boot!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #98  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Mrs. Quadcrew, WTG on the great compliment from DH. It means so much when we hear positive comments from our SO's.

Kae, that sounds so awesome to find a friend at the gym. I wish I had an exercise buddy. My DD is good to want to walk sometimes with me, but mostly she just wants to be on the phone or computer.

After my off plan night of dinner and a movie (with popcorn of course) last night. I'm back full swing on plan today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #99  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Congratulations to everyone else on your NSV's. I went shopping because my pants were getting baggy. I knew I would need a size smaller. To my surprise, I could actually move down 2 sizes. That was a great NSV for me because I haven't enjoyed shopping in a long time.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #100  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Happy Anniversary Robin!

My NSV for today is actually one that has been happening alot lately: someone told me I looked very pretty without my glasses. I know that doesn't have anything to do with WL but it's....WEIRD! It happens almost everyday at work. I broke my glasses when I had that car accident and I don't have the money right now to get new ones so I have to wear these contact lenses that I had brought some months ago and never really used. My friends have always told me that I look "hot" without my glasses, but come on! They're my FRIENDS! Now it's random people at the hospital doing it and I don't know how to act. Today it was one of the cooks in my department. It's just so unfamiliar, you know? I've never really had so much positive attention before.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I've got 2 NSVs today.

1. A pair of pants that had been retired as too tight at some point last year have not only been recovered from my closet....but they slide up and down without undoing the button and zipper!

2. Went to a charity banquet tonight. Ate 1/2 the chicken, all the green beans, 1/2 twice baked potato, 1/2 roll, 1 bite of pecan pie and 1 bite of strawberry cake. Came home satisfied and THRILLED when I logged in my food and was UNDER my low end calorie range!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #102  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I wore a pair of size 20 cords yesterday. When I started, I was wearing a very tight 24. My size 22 jeans are so loose, I really need to retire them, but don't have a pair to replace them yet. Don't know if I want to buy another pair in a 20, or if I want to wait until I get back firmly in the teens.

Today's NSV came with me not eating any pizza at bowling tonight.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #103  

Great job, jenny.

I have one more. My high school class ring slips on and off my finger again without effort. Like I've said before, my arms, legs, etc didn't put on as much weight as my middle so my hands never got very fat. But, they are now back to what their normal size is....even for skinny me....which I think is exciting! My class ring wasn't your typical looking one...it's very pretty, in fact, and it's kind of fun to be able to wear it again.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Such wonderful victories, everyone!

I have two to share today. Last night I saw a former coworker -- I hadn't seen her since June, so she hasn't seen me since I lost any of this weight. She told me I look "amazing" and she couldn't stop talking about it. Fun!

This morning on the group run with my 10k training team, my friend and I took a wrong turn on our route and missed one of the little side roads. She wanted to just skip it, and I was going to go along with it, but I just couldn't. We would've done the scheduled 5 miles without it (our route was longer today than the schedule asks for), but everyone else was doing the whole route and I just couldn't skip part of it. I told her I had to run back and pick up that piece of the route and she could go on without me. She went back and did it too, however, and we ended up doing 5.5 miles! I was proud of myself for not cutting corners, and I was proud of her for sticking with me. That gave me an extra boost at the end and I had lots of energy on the last stretch. Yay!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #105  

Lisa - your running stories are always so inspiring! I'm so impressed with your dedication!