Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Ritz...to me that is the best NSV because it means I'm MUCH more comfortable!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #227  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by House_of_Mirth View Post
It was my 21st birthday yesterday and I had one drink and shared one piece of cake and still had a really great time for a Thursday evening. We had Italian and I probably had more bread dipped in Olive oil than was strcitly good for me but at least I didn't complicate that with several peices of cake and and an unhealthy amount of drinks (I still cringe when I hear of anyone doing 21 shots on thier birthday(.
Well Happy 21st Birthday!!!!

SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #228  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Ritz...to me that is the best NSV because it means I'm MUCH more comfortable!
You are so right! Then that makes the journey a tad easier when we are comfortable, right?
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:36 AM   #229  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

I almost have a neck!!!
I no longer have a chin that goes down to my chest.
I have about 1 inch of neck. Can't wait untill it all comes back.
karrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #230  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great NSV's ladies, just great. Clothes getting looser, losing inches, compliments, staying on plan, getting BACK on plan.......

Oh G-d, mine's too funny.

My DH comes home from work yesterday, I'm getting dinner ready, he mumbles under his breath "I've got a hot wife" in a sing songy voice. Hubby has totally flipped. I DID buy some new clothes this week (makes a world of difference) and new lipstick, eyeshadow and perfume. I got a haircut as well, but still. I gotta say, he's really liking the new me. And I am not complaining.

I guess part of my NSV is all the shopping I'm doing for myself. I had to buy some short sleeved shirts. Mine from last spring/summer I gave away months ago. I bought such nice fitted, stylish clothing. I feel sooo good in them, instead of the shapeless sacks I used to wear. I am being so particular with the clothing that I am buying. I want to make sure each and every piece is a winner. And now that I have so many choices I can be picky. I actually went to a department store to buy some make up, instead of the drugstore. Something that I NEVER would have done in the past. And treated myself to a new, fantastic perfume - Ralph Lauren Blue, by the way - it is REALLY, REALLY nice. I also find I keeping my hair in much better shape by getting much more frequent haircuts. Getting my haircut used to be a nightmare for me, so of course I let it go. I let everything go back then. Not anymore.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:32 AM   #231  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking Robin, that is absolutely lovely!

I am glad you treating yourself to new things. You deserve it! Your DH sounds like a sweet and terrific man. A reward all on his own!
Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

I absolutely love reading these!

It's absolutely amazing the things that can make you feel so wondeful that doesn't have to do with the scale.

Some of these make me blush and giggle (in a completely good way lol). You all are doing so amazing
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Robin, I love the feeling I get from your last post -- hearing about how you're taking care of yourself, and how much your husband appreciates you. Wonderful!

My last significant NSV happened on Wednesday, and I posted about it in one of the Exercise threads but I'll repeat it here because I love it! I decided to try the step aerobics class that happens right before my usual bodysculpting class. Some other women warned me that it's 45 minutes of intense cardio, and then the instructor (not the usual one) asked if there were any beginners. I told her I hadn't done step in ages, and she gave me a look and said "Well...this is an intermediate class" as if I wouldn't be able to hang. Pfft. She did all sorts of crazy dance-y combos and I messed up a little here and there but I kept up just as well as anyone else AND I had to jump around and use my arms a lot to keep my heart rate up. So...not only was I able to keep up, it was TOO EASY for me! Woohoo! Running is getting me so much more fit than I've ever been before. Oh, and did I mention that I was really tired and had cramps, but I still did the step class AND the bodysculpting class after it? Yay!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I don't have a specific NSV to share today, just wanted to tell Robin, I loved your NSV - doesn't it feel great to enjoy clothes shopping again?!

And Lisa, congrats on the ease of the step class. Isn't it amazing how much more endurance you have now that you're running? I take the el to work every day, and I used to have to struggle to drag my sorry body up the stairs - I noticed recently that I am practically sprinting up them, without even realizing it - an improvement that I attribute to running.

Keep up the good work ladies, and keep sharing!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #235  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I'm back from vacation. WTG on the great NSV's. If anyone cares to read about what I'm referring to as my Gender Reassignment Vacation (LOL) it's all posted in the maintainers forum this morning. It's a long story so I didn't want to post it twice.

We went camping and fishing last week. I had to get a new fishing license. The really grouchy clerk lady looked at my driver's license while making me a fishing license. She said very snotty like "Is this 155 the right
weight?". I perked up and said "NO, change it to 142 lbs.". This is the first time I've ever done this, but since she was hateful to me, I made her change it. LOL.

I stayed on program with my eating while gone and walked my dog at least 3 miles a day. I feel great and all my little clothes from last summer fit perfect. So, I'm feeling really good about my maintenance efforts.

Oh, we had boat problems on the way home and 2 motorcycle guys stopped to help. One was very cute and was flirting with me and patted me on the back. DH didn't appreciate it near as much as I did. LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #236  
lilybelle

Today's NSV, my son bought me a new outfit for my B-day. He got me size 6 jeans and a large shirt. Both were too big. I''ll take them and exchange them for the exact same style without telling him. He was so proud of picking me out clothes and I don't want to spoil it for him. He said the size 4 jeans just looked so Tiny and he didn't think they could fit. LOL, I always think the same thing before I try them on.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #237  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thank you so much ladies for appreciating my NSV. I knew you would. It really does feel nice to for my DH to appreciate me and for what I've done and for me to WANT to buy myself nice things. It was a long time in coming. And so very unbelievably rewarding. Thanks again.

Lilybelle, your vacation sounds like, ummm .... quite an experience. Yeah, let's call it that. At least you caught a nice big fish. Was it yummy? Did you have any fun at all? Great going on your many NSV's. I can't believe you wear a size 4. A four? I can't even begin to fathom what that must feel like. Sheesh, you're a tiny little thing, ain't ya? Glad you're back and in one piece. Now that you're home, maybe you can relax a little. *wink*
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #238  
lilybelle

Robin, it makes me smile to know that you are enjoying treating yourself to nice things. You deserve it.

Funny thing is, I still don't feel Tiny. I don't feel big, I just feel average. My hips and legs are very slender, but my waist and upper body aren't nearly as small. I still wear a medium or size 10-12 in shirts and dresses. But, I'm OK now with how I look and feel comfortable in my clothes. Like you had posted, not near as much to "worry" about now.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

It is finally starting to get warm out so when I was getting dressed this morning I looked for something besides my normal hoodie with a t-shirt underneath. I found a 3/4 length dress shirt that I use to wear to work on a regular bases last year. I figured it would be big on me but when I put it on I looked and the mirror and thought wow this really makes my stomach lok smaller. That isn't something that I normally think when I'm getting ready in the morning.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #240  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

On Saturday, I bought a size 18 dress that was slightly big. I could have used a smaller size, but they only had the bigger sizes left. Normally, I wouldn't have bought it, but it was only $7 and it's not AS big as what I have been wearing, so it's an improvement - a cheap one at that.

When I started this I was squeezing into a 24, trying my hardest not to go into a 26. This feels good.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote