Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #871  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Paula - Way to go on the big workout and sticking to your points. I always want to do a happy dance when I have days like that.

My thoughts on the Wendie Plan. I could never be that structured. Who can plan a super high day for Wednesday, when they are going out for dinner and doller beers on Thursday with friends. Who could plan their super low day for a sunday barbaque. I do not have that much willpower. I just do the "Wendy" (my real name) plan naturally becuase I cheat so much and can't stick to dieting.

Take a look again at the numbers I posted above
40 29 37 20 20 32 53, -2.4, 33.0
14 30 32 34 30 24 39, -3, 29.0
29 32 31 29 36 43 76, 2, 39.4
24 32 35 27 30 38 32, -3, 31.1
24 27 27 20 36 27 30, -2.6, 27.3

Week 1. My 40 and 53 point days were not SHD's, just eating too much. My 2 days in a row of 20 points in week to were not my Low Days, just victories.

I do believe in the theory. One of the things I have never had on WW is a platue. Now I have had weeks and weeks were I didn't lose (or even gained like this last month), but it is not the fault of WW. I gain when I have too man points (like all my extras plus some) or flat out don't follow the diet, or during the 4 day window before I get my period. I have read all the ideas in the Wendie plan and I think they are valid. I just do it with my own twist. All the Wendie plan does is use your extra points in lumps instead of spread out over each day. I think most of us do the same thing naturally.

Take last night. I had a great 23 point day, did some swimming, was giving the kids their before bedtime snack (actually I turned on the computer then and am just typing now because I sacked out with them and woke up to kitty kisses just a few minute ago). I am not a cat person and had to toss the little devils out of the house and then proceded to turn off all the sprinklers I accidently left on all night and ended up here at 4 am. Back to the great 23 point day . At 9:30 pm I ate a SB diet bar (2.5), another SB Diet bar (2.5), a small bowl of cereal with milk (2.5) and a refill (2.5) and all of a sudden my super low day was now my super high day at 33 points. I don't sweat it too much, because as long as I balance it out with a few follow up low days I will still lose this week.

Last edited by morrigan; 07-26-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 AM   #872  

And voodoo - good post on suggestions for not snacking. Sometimes I print out things like that and just post them too my fridge for a reminder for awhile. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to put together some stuff to do just that. It never hurts to have reminders on door to perdition. Actually I do fairly well in refridgerator raids, it is pantry raids of high carb things that get to me.

Kashi - Go Lean Cereal. A great thing for people who eat too much carbs. It is a bowl of cereal that is mostly fiber and protien (soy).

Speaking of soy (the high estrogen content) I read an article in a friend's DR magazine (he is a Dr. and I don't remember the name of the magazine) and they had a physician with several young boy patients (3-5 yrs) with enlarged breasts. The culprit? Lavendar and Tea Tree lotions they were all getting daily. The evidence was conclusive. They followed it up with research and they recommended not to use lavendar on young boys. The compound in it enhanced estrogen and inhibited the normal male hormones. I never buy it anyway, because it make me sneeze, but I thought it was interesting. Not sure I want to use it on a girl now either.

If you don't get the magazine, SELF this month had a great article on how to turn snacks (like doritos) into healthy snacks (like baked doritos and salsa) and even healthier snacks (like baked doritos and a 1/2 cup of black beans stirred into the salsa). It would be worth picking up an issue if you want good snack ideas.

Last edited by morrigan; 07-26-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 AM   #873  

S/C/G: 180/141/130

Height: 5'4"

I am still trying to figure out how to exactly navigate this board. Its a little overwhelming (ie a lot of info). But, this is the place to post what you eat everyday and their point values? Do people find that this helps?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #874  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Height: 5'7"

YAY!!!! I lost 3lbs this week! I'm only 1.75 from being in ONEDERLAND!!!!!
and onederland means the pink striped bag will come out of hiding!! and then on to making a new goal...I'll do 10lb goals from now on, until I get where I feel best. WW's goal for me is at high, 147 I believe, and honestly I was 170 when I did it before, and felt GREAT, so I'm not sure I want to go that low...we'll see, as each 10# drops...I know my Dr. will give me a note with the goal I want....so we'll shoot for 170 now still and go from there.

I need to behave today, as my son wants pizza for dinner....I cannot afford to add any weight...need, MUST hit 199 next Wed
Old 07-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #875  

Hi NJ Mamma. To answer your question. Yes, Yes, Yes. I have to write down what I eat or I am not accountable. And because I run around so much I am always losing my little journal. But everywhere I go there are computers. Writing my food down here is actually easier for me than paper. Plus, your paper journal doesn't have great discussions with you and give you support.

Today: I know - it already doesn't look good. Will someone please drill into my head that I SHOULD NEVER BUY PEANUT BUTTER SOUTH BEACH DIET BARS.
2PBSBDB's (5), oatbran cereal with blueberries (3), milk (1), creamer (1)
A 10 point start to the day at breakfast.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #876  

Pizza pep talk. We go out and I order a big garden salad (1) with vinegar or fat free dressing and a glass of wine (2). This keep me out of the beer pitcher refills and fills my tummy. I then have 1 slice of pizza (5-7) and still have a very reasonable dinner point wise.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #877  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Had my weigh-in this morning and I'm down .8. That's the worst I've done yet, but considering the week I've had (pizza, burger, and choc. cake the night before weigh-in) I can't complain. I truly didn't think I would lose anything this past week. Especially with Aunt Flo due any time for her monthly visit.

So, anyway, it's a fresh week for me!

So far today:

12 oz skim latte - 2pts
Old 07-26-2006, 02:02 PM   #878  

Yay AJsMommy!!!! 3 pounds!!!!! That's a wonderful accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself!!

NJmama - this is really a great place to share/get ideas and just "talk" to people who understand what you're going through. WELCOME!!

Morrigan - Welcome back! Have I already said that? Anyway, good idea about the pizza. I'll keep that one in mind.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #879  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. There is some great dialog going on here over the past few days. Happy to see that. Morrigan, I am so with you on the Wendie plan. I am not going to try that. I will just do my own "natural" version of it. You are right, I think that is what we all kind of do anyway.

I lost 1.4 pounds last week. Not too bad. I know this is average, but I wanted more. I am greedy now.

Liz and Jennifer, Congrats on your losses. I know what you mean on the ww goal vs where we really want to be. When I first started this quest for health, I set my goal at 180 pounds. That is where I last remembered feeling healthy. I started out at 233 pounds. Well, as of last night I am 180.6. There is no way I am stopping now. I want more! For one thing, 180 after two kids does not look like 180 before two kids. I thought I would look even better since I have been working out 5 days a week (3 with a trainer) for the last year and a half. But no, I don't look as good as I did in 1995 at 180 pounds. So, I push on.

Today has been good. I am having a hard time finding the time to make my instant oatmeal or malt o meal while getting my daughter off to school. This will get even worse in late August when I start to take my son to preschool. Here is what I have done so far........

Breakfast
a quick south beach peanut butter and choc. snack bar 2pts

work out
1 hour and 20 minutes. 30 minutes were with my trainer

snack
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese 2pts
1/2 small can pears in lite syrup 1pt

NJ Mamma, this thread has been a great help to me. I do not do well when I don't check in regularly. I like to get food ideas from others too. It helps with that. Good luck!!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #880  

Good job Buffalo!!!! Be proud of your loss, it's a good one!

You and I are in the same boat with the before/after childbirth weight. Holy moly, I can't believe how much my body has changed. I haven't been able to work-out as much this summer with Lily home from school, but school starts back up in just under 4 weeks, so you can bet I'll be at Curves every day once it begins. They have a new "Accellerated" program that I want to try out.

Two more weeks left until I have my lifetime membership!!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #881  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Just had lunch, and boy do I feel good! I used to just kill the FF Pringles chips. Well, the olestra in them gave me horrendous stomach problems. Then, I switched to kettle bakes. They are great and taste like Poor Brothers potato chips. Well, today I figured the points for Doritos (cool ranch). Ya know what??? for 2oz they are 3 points. Now if I were only getting 20 points a day this would be too much. But I fit them in just fine.

Lunch
2oz packaged ham 1pt
on two slices light bread 1pt
with mustard 0
2oz Doritos 3pts

That is a 5 point lunch. I am full and very satisfied! Cool!!
Will check back after dinner and/or snack.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #882  

It is not even the same body. I have been blaming it on age. I guess it would be good to have something major to blame on my children since I am only a few years out from them blaming me for everything.

Getting excited about eating well and having ideas.

First: stupid things I do: I count how many points go into a meal (intending to divvy it up) then eat the whole thing since I am not sure how many portions each serving is. This mostly happens with salad and WW soup.

New idea (I felt so brilliant today): I chopped up tofu, tomatoes, cukes, and got out zip lock baggies. In each baggie I put 1/4 the block of tofu (2 points), 1/2 cup of garbonzo beans (2 points), 1 oz of feta (1), and some vinegar and spices. Now I have four 5pt baggies that are great served over a bed of lettuce. I am just smiling at them sitting in my fridge. I think this will work great for school next fall. I can make these 1-4 days out and have great lunches and low point snacks on the fly. If you think this is a good idea I would suggest experimenting with your own ingrediants. I liked it, but my grandparents gave my tofu and chick peas some funny looks.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #883  

Today is alot of posts back - so here is an update.

2PBSBDB's (5), oatbran cereal with blueberries (3), milk (1), creamer (1)
garbanzo bean and tofu salad (5) for lunch

tofu stir fry for dinner (6)

21 point day

Last edited by morrigan; 07-27-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #884  

S/C/G: 198/193/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everybody:

I have had a very busy week. I have had to drive my son a bit of a distance back and forth to basketball practice. So I've had a hard time tracking on paper, but I haven't done so bad either. I didn't lose anything significant on Monday (.2), but at least I didn't gain either. I swam yesterday but because of the schedule this week I haven't walked.

So far today:

B - 1 Egg,; 1 Lite Eng. Muf.; 1Tbl Lite butter; 1/2C Milk - 5pts

L - WW Rye bread (1 pt) with 3 oz of turkey, (3pts) 1 slice of lite Cheese (1 pt) and 1 Tbls of LIte May (1 pt) and tomatoes (0 pts). 5 pts.

So that leaves me with 14 more points today. I'm not sure what I will have for dinner. Yesterday was a similar day for breakfast, except for lunch I went to Pizzeria Uno and had the thin version of pizza with lots of roasted veggies on top (a few small slices) and an awesome strawberry salad with a little vinegrette. Yummy!

I had a 6 pt dinner when I came home.

Nice to see you back Morrigan! Hope you had a great vacation. By the way what is the "Wendie" plan of losing weight?

Amy, good for your with the weight loss. It must feel great to see all that weight come off. I used a trainer last year too. I didn't lose any weight, but I did lose inches. This time I'm just going to do aerobics and then I will work in the weight training when I have lost most of my weight. For some reason I don't see a huge weight loss when I do the weight training.

melloyan
Old 07-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #885  

it is "Stickied" at the top of the weight watchers general page

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60078

It is a very structured way of using all your extra points with lots on some days and none on others with the hope that it will trick your metabolism into thinking you are not dieting. It is heralded as the solution to platues.

My platues are all cause by eating too much.
Closed Thread