Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #31  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I am on day three of counting my points and this girl is hungry! They gave me 36 points and I have used every one. Haven't touched the 49 extra points, which I'm proud of. I have been dieting too many years not to know that my stomach will shrink and get used to not overeating.

I'm really excited and hopeful that this is going to work for me. And of course I'm scared that it won't and that I will fail......again. But I'm NOT focusing on the past and the negative. I can do this!!!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #32  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Hi Teresa! Congrats on a great start. Not only can you do this, but you will do it! Don't be afraid of those weekly points, they are part of the plan. You will learn what works for you.

So happy and relieved that I was down at this morning's weigh in. I dipped further into my weekly points than ever before, yet still was down 2.6. My ActiveLink has finished the evaluation week, so now it's time to start getting more active. I plan on going 3 miles today, not sure if I'll run or walk.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I was FINALLY down this week for the first time in a LONG time!!! Granted, it was only 0.6, but I will take it. Plateaus are definitely a four letter word and frustrating beyond words. Hopefully this is a break through and the scale will continue to move in the right direction.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone...

So this is the point where I usually quit WW. About 3 months in...I have seen progress, but it is work to, day after day, plan my foods, prepare fresh over boxed stuff, turn down certain indulgences. Last week I was out of town at my parents' for easter...there was pizza one day, then tons of fattening food and desserts the next. I quit WW for Easter weekend (which often a trip or special occasion is what makes me quit) but the difference was I got back on the wagon this time. I temporarily changed my WI day from Sunday to Monday so I did not have to go through the week feeling like I was in a hole from Sunday. I did eat okay the rest of the week...now it is time to get back on track. People are starting to notice and comment on my weight loss, so I have gone too far to quit now! I am gonna change it back to Sunday and just get back to normal. Gonna buy some tasty things for salads this week!

Welcome, Teresa! If you are hungry, I would consider using some of the weekly points. If you continue being hungry, you won't want to stick with WW for long. I eat them and lose! And I feel like there is somewhere to go (e.g., start eating less) if I start not losing. If I was already eating my minimum and stopped losing, I wouldn't know what to do! I think you also need to keep your metabolism guessing by throwing in a few days you eat a little more. I think part of WW is learning to listen to our bodies,...if we really are hungry, eat (as long as the points are available)... but if it is something else (e.g., boredom, habit), that is the type of eating to eliminate
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #35  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon! Today is my 11 hour work day and we are so slow. I think the gorgeous weather and the sporting stuff at the college is keeping people from wanting to buy furniture.

I was very pleased that when I had my lunch, I became so stuffed I had to stop eating. I saved my fruit and yogurt to eat this evening.

I was also proud of myself because I told my donut bringing co-worker to please stop bringing in boxes of Krispy Cremes. All of the women, except my boss needs to lose weight and she doesn't even eat the donuts. Of course!

Straightahead, I think that is great that you got back on the plan, instead of quitting. I am so determined to see this until the end and hearing stories like yours is really motivational.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all! I posted in the general forum, but thought I would here too...
I did WW years ago but wasn't successful, I think I cheated ha ha!!!!!!

They gave me 35 points, but online says 34, trying to stick to the 34. I can't wait to add the activity points, but I have been sick and now my 2YO is too

My plan is to stick hardcore (online, meetings, going in to weigh, etc.) to it for 3 months and see if I can just do online.

Now to go and explore and come up with some tips and hints!
~Megan
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Today was a much better day than my last two. I haven't gone over weeklies (still have 16 left and WI is on Tues), but I felt really out of control yesterday and the day before at different meals. Today was back to my normal OP, everything working the way it should. Guess I shouldn't have given up so easily in the past :blush:

Megan - I have issues with the online not matching what my little sticker from the meeting says. I'm not sure what's up with that, but I go with the sticker from the meeting. I guess I should probably ask LOL!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #38  
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalee9 View Post
Today was a much better day than my last two. I haven't gone over weeklies (still have 16 left and WI is on Tues), but I felt really out of control yesterday and the day before at different meals. Today was back to my normal OP, everything working the way it should. Guess I shouldn't have given up so easily in the past :blush:

Megan - I have issues with the online not matching what my little sticker from the meeting says. I'm not sure what's up with that, but I go with the sticker from the meeting. I guess I should probably ask LOL!

That happened to me a couple weeks ago. I asked at the center and they told me to call corporate. I did, and corporate said to always go by what it says online, if there's a discrepancy. They said there have been "issues" with the number the centers give you. She said the same for the phone app, which doesn't make sense to me because the phone app gets the number straight from the website. Personally, I don't think she really knew what was going on, she just sort of made it up as she was talking to me.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #39  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkeeps View Post
Personally, I don't think she really knew what was going on, she just sort of made it up as she was talking to me.
I have heard this is the case more times than you would think. A woman at my meeting said she called about oil intake and healthy checks, and that the person on the phone was basically like "why would you eat oil if you're trying to lose weight." Yikes!!! TMI, but: I can't imagine life without that little bit of oil. I feel like its the only thing that keeps my bowels moving at this disturbingly slowspeed. Without it.... I might GAIN weight, and feel like a stuffed sausage. PS: Any great successes with going #2?!?! We have talked about this before, but the Citrucel I am drinking daily doesn't work, the laxatives give me TERRIBLE stomach pangs, I've tried coffee, SmoothMove Tea.... I am stopped up, and uncomfortable!!!!

Last edited by smashlers; 04-08-2013 at 07:17 AM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I find sometimes that Magnesium will help. I usually take 2 Magnesium pills and that seems to help some when I feel especially slow. It could be placebo effect, but I keep them around just in case.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #41  
Cindy

No, sorry I don't have any tips for you. When I eat healthy I am maddeningly regular, like a clock (in fact my daughter was born five minutes later than she was supposed to be, they were ready to wheel me up to the OR for the c-section at 7:30am, but that was "my time" so I made them wait, lol). Drinking enough water, especially first thing in the morning, works too.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #42  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

I give our kids restoralax when they have trouble. It really works. I find that when I drink a glass or 2 of water first thing when I wake up it really keeps me regular.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #43  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

Man. I had a whirlwind of a weekend. My cousin's out of town wedding that I helped set up/take down. It was way out in the country and basically food options were what was there. I just got back this morning, haven't daily weighed all weekend. So, we will see the damage tomorrow morning!

But it was ridiculously fun, georgeous wedding, and lots of amazing cousin time.

Smashlers: have you tried adding a stool softener like docusate? Sometimes that can help especially if the fiber isn't helping.
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #44  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Is anyone having issues with their official WW tracking app?

---

208.6 this weekend! WHOA!!!! Insane! I definitely stress ate this weekend and TOM is visiting so now I'm uncomfortable bloated. We've been REALLY busy house hunting/viewing/mortgage brokering/etc that I'm not running as much I want to be running and my training has suffered this past week. Life is such, though.

I go to my official WI on Saturdays and meetings with my Dad, but on Mondays I go to the "WW at Work" meetings because I like the leader better. Anyhow, she asked me a question regarding the ActiveLink and I answered, not really thinking. To which she says, "Danielle, would you please tell everyone here how much weight you've lost?" and I responded, "117 pounds." Everyone started cheering and telling me how great I look and how inspirational I am. She asked me how life has changed for me now and I said, "Well, now I'm tired because I biked 30 miles, not because I walked a flight of stairs." and then I promptly asked for my free sample snack (look, I was hungry and TOM's here.) She gave me all the of charms that WW gives (because I never ask for them or make a big deal of it) and now I have the 10% key chain, 25lbs lost, 50lbs lost, 75lbs lost, 100lbs and the 5k charm. It's almost surreal.

---

Teresa66 - You shouldnt feel hungry!!! What's your daily menu look like? It's SO easy to over eat when we aren't feeling satisfied throughout the day.

forkeeps - I actually lose more weight when I eat all of my weeklies and about 1/2 of my APs. No clue why, but it's working! lol

straightahead - What do you put on your salads? I'm always looking for new ideas! I love heart of palm, artichoke hearts, beets and banana peppers on mine...mm...

movielover - Welcome!

smashlers - Have you tried upping your fiber intake and drinking more water? If I don't eat enough fiber I can't go. If I eat too much processed cr@p I either can't stop going or won't go until my diet gets back on track.

--
B: Smoothie - 7pts (chia seeds, soy protein powder, soy milk, raspberries, spinach)
S: Greek Yogurt, Agave and Granola - 6pts
L: Mixed Greens, Roast Chicken, light italian - 5pts
S: Mixed Veggies, 3 rice cakes, 1oz. extra sharp cheddar - 4pts
D: 10pts

32/32
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #45  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

SoMuchFattitude HA! That is great about getting all the charms. You ARE an inspiration! I can imagine the surrealness of your situation! And I can't wait to be there myself! Just looking at your ticker.... amazing. Great job. Househunting, huh? That is fun! My fiance and I will go out on drives on Sunday night and look at houses for sale and talk house for like the whole evening. We love that stuff! Best of luck to you. ALSO: my tracker wouldn't work at all yesterday. I was piiiiiiiiiiiissed. My fiance was like "I bet people are SO MAD." LOL. I had to use the computer all day instead.

Jilu- You work in a pharmacy right? I will take your advice and pick that stuff up. I have been stuck at 259.00 for THREE DAYS, eating perfectly... I don't believe the scale, I need some extra help!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote