Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 01:56 PM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Wink BFL/BB #81 - Week of 16 Dec 2002

Twas the week before Christmas...and all through my house...there were no goodies for even a mouse unless the mouse loves MRPs, eggwhites, chicken breasts and brown rice that is...

Well I DID bake cookies this weekend for the Kramer Barn Party which was a blast (wanted to bake horse treats too but didn't get a chance to go to the feed store to pick up the ingredients - no problem - we brought lots of carrots and apples for them! Thank goodness the party was on a Free Day - the goodies abounded!

Speaking of horse stuff, I posted the photos from last week's horse show FINALLY. I have some at L&S Playspace and also in my Yahoo photo album if you care to take a peek ==> http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kcanzoner...Dec+02&.view=t

We have been having the WORST storms here over the weekend. The creek that runs next to our place is VERY flooded - I haven't seen it this high since El Nino, about 5 years ago. I'm glad I'm not in the insurance claims business anymore, because I would be even busier than I am now...

SO I did my 'new' workout today - after some thought I decided to keep legs in one day for now, and moved leg day from Tuesday to Monday (main reason being is that on Tuesdays there are two other gals who ALWAYS do legs on Tuesday...and I have to wait for them to finish on the squat rack and leg press). I'm already feeling good and sore - if you see my workout in my Member Journal, you'll know why. It was definitely a Glutamine Morning!

Mel - I look forward to receiving your PM (I know that the week before Christmas is generally a nutty time).

GRR. I got an email from Labrada and got all excited this morning - if I order from them today, I can get a big 40% off any online or telephone order...so of course I was thinking about the GetLean book/kit...then I read the itty bitty fine print on the bottom of the email:

"Discount excludes Get Lean Kit and all Keith Klein related products."

Is that maddening or WHAT?? sheesh...
Old 12-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Post 20 Steps to Guaranteed success with BFL

Saw this on the L&S board and thought I'd repost it here...good stuff!!!
Quote:
1. Decide to make a change.
2. Define your reasons for wanting the change.
3. Set your goals.
4. Never give up.
5. Give your heart and mind to the transformation.
6. Find out about yourself as you go and discover the fantastic person inside.
7. Never give up.
8. Imagine Bill Phillips cheering you on when you want to quit on cardio.
9. When you can’t do one more rep, do it anyway for your new self.
10. Never give up.
11. When your progress is slow, never give up.
12. When others don’t see the results you are hoping they will see, never give up.
13. When the scale is slow to move, never give up.
14. If you reach the end of twelve weeks and haven’t fully realized your goals, never give up.
15. Believe in yourself and never give up.
16. Keep on working until your reach your dream.
17. Value your success, no matter what form it comes in.
18. Never give up.
19. Never give up.
20. Never give up.

Get the picture?
Old 12-16-2002, 06:05 PM   #3  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Checking in for week 12. I am so excited - I have almost completed my first challenge. I am seeing great changes and it makes me anxious to get going on challenge II.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #4  
JEC
Aussie and proud

How on earth do you view a person's journal??

JC
Old 12-16-2002, 07:30 PM   #5  

Angry lost my voice

Hey everyone

not a bad start to the week...i am still sick...and i have lost my voice. i talk ...but no one hear's me lol...

I had a great eating day...and had a good arms work out...i am at the beginning of week nine..and I am nervous for the holidays but i think that i can do it...anyone else scared of the holidays...this is my first challenge...i am newbie

ledom congrats....three more weeks...for me..i am pretty excited to think i am going to finish and do another challenge..

one_sweetchick
Old 12-17-2002, 08:05 AM   #6  
Chick

Default Good morning,

OSC, it DOES feel good to follow through! It is so good to wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and know in your heart that you are looking slimmer and more muscular. The past couple of weeks I find myself getting up extra early w/ my training on my mind. Every night before I go to sleep I visualize the next days workout. It is so hard to believe that there are only 3 more workouts to go in this challenge. I will continue to do BFL by the book in my second challenge. I think it will be a while before I need to switch.

Karen, my house is free of christmas goodies as well. I'll attend only one party this year due to everyone deciding to give parties on the same night in my circle, will have to miss the one that includes friends from work. That'll be on Sat. night, the first day of free week and I'll be ready to blow off some steam. It is also the first day of christmas break from my job.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:31 AM   #7  

Default hi

ledom..is it very exciting...i am not seeing major results but i have lost inches...and i can feel more muscles and do more sit up and push ups then i have ever done. so i know that it is working. I am going to do a second challenge about a week or two after i finish the first. I am actually afraid of losing the structure of eating..i really love it. i thrive on structure..so its a really great plan for me. if you told me 6 months ago that i would have made it this far i would have laughed in your face...i can't wait..so i am pretty excited.

I wish i could shake this cold...i am really not sure if going to the gym is something i can do today...i am pretty sure i have a chest infection and today is a cardio day....i may just go to the gym on my day off....i am not sure..i just know that i feel really terrible. oh well..

hope everyone else is doing well..

one_sweetchick
Old 12-17-2002, 12:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: Height: 5'4"

OSC - definitely give up the gym if you are ill. I was sick the other week and had to lay off the workouts, and I came back stronger. I have alway heard that you shouldn't workout if you have a systemic illness. I hope you start feeling better.

Ledom - good idea with the visualizing. I'm done too this week with my challange, but I'm going to take a leaf out of your book for my next challange.

I went to my babysitting coop meeting last night and managed to avoid the cheesecake covered in strawberry sauce!!! Hurray!!!! I also managed not to make a huge social gaaf when asked if anything was new? I didn't say, "well yes, as a matter of fact, I've lost 25 pounds, 3.5 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips and NOT ONE friend has noticed!!!!!" I just made polite conversation and continued with my christmas craft. Sigh ...

Just over a week to go 'til Christmas. The children are whipping themselves up into a frenzie. I am informed every morning, by my 8 y/o, just exactly how many days are left 'til Christmas!

Patt
Old 12-17-2002, 01:04 PM   #9  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey y'all - my legs are STILL SORE but it's a good sore Don't you love it when you change your splits and exercises?

Today's latest holiday challenge for me is the COMPANY HOLIDAY BRUNCH. There will be free food flowing all morning and part of the afternoon for all the employees - a baccanalia of eggs, sausage, bagels, pancakes, yogurt, OJ, coffee, pastries, cake, cookies, and Lord only knows what else. I'm on the NINTH Floor and I can smell the food wafting from the elevator shaft I brought my food today (thank goodness) but I will be venturing down to load up on plenty of bottled water, which they are also handing out gratis (still spring water and Calistoga sparkling).

I still have to buy prezzies for my coworkers - I'll probably just go to See's and get candy. I know, not healthy buy at least it's a no-brainer...

JC - sent ya a PM just now OH I forgot - they don't have the little journal button anymore - so let me get ya the link to mine.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/jour...ournalid=10110

Ledom - you're doing quite well! OH and I saw your post at the Diet Plans about the grams and stuff. The way I've always figured it is 1 gram per pound of bodyweight for both protein and carbs (not counting veggies). So let's say you weigh 150, that would be 150 grams each divided by 6 meals per day = 25 grams of protein and carbs per meal, plus add some fat to equal 20-30% of calories per day (that's HEALTHY fat BTW). Veggies I don't even bother counting because I have a hard enough time getting them all in as it is not being the veggie lover of the century or anything like that! Actually if you check L&S today, there was a pretty good thread about portion sizes. Palm/Fist works most of the time, but for stuff like eggwhites or cottage cheese it's lacking a bit

Gotta run - yet another meeting to go to!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:20 PM   #10  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey Karen I thought that you said the Get Lean kit was over $100?

The labrada site has it for $59.99? Is that right? Can you check it out for me because I would buy it at that price!

JC
Old 12-17-2002, 08:34 PM   #11  
JEC
Aussie and proud

AHHHHh!!!! My Dave Draper books arrived today!

Yippee!

JC
Old 12-18-2002, 08:06 AM   #12  
Mel

Default Hi there from a lurker!

Sorry I've been MIA- work is overwhelming, Christmas is overwhelming (just thinking about it- haven't done a darn thing yet!) and children are overwhelming. Eating has been a bit sloppy but after getting on the scale and verifying what the pants are telling me, that's changing.

Just wanted to say hi!
JC- Enjoy your books! Maybe I should reread them too.

Ledom- Yahoo! You're almost through C1. Congratulations, it's a huge accomplishment.

OSC- Sound like your doing great, too. Hope you feel better. I usually work out unless I have a fever or a migraine. Except running. I don't run if my lungs feel involved at all. It just really slows the recovery process for me.

Patt0- Don't worry about others noticing. You know you are on the right track. Congrats on the inches lost and the will-power.

gotta go-

mel
Old 12-18-2002, 08:24 AM   #13  
Chick

Talking Hey ladies,

Patt, your children sound precious. I enjoy your stories about them. And how cool is it to be missing your two front teeth a christmas time? What a wonderful bunch of teasing your D must be enjoying. I know Christmas must be fun at your house. And on the noticing, I think it is my closer friends who are most witholding on those compliments. Maybe they have just been through too many diets with me before. They just don't understand yet what I have discovered in BFL. I know YOU are enjoying the results of your efforts and that is the only truly important thing. And woohoo - 25 lbs., way to go!

Karen, thanks for your information on grams. I'll pass it along.

I guess I'll save my state of the diet address until I actually complete this week but it is true what they say. The last 2 weeks are the best in terms of results.

Mel, don't work too hard. Save some energy for you. Hope you are enjoying those books JC.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:48 PM   #14  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Have had a terrible week girls. Have been eating everything in sight, was only to the gym twice last week, but somehow still managed to lose two lbs. I will really try hard this week up until Christmas eve and day, I will eat what I want then. But I really need a kick in the *ss. I'll bend over, who wants to kick???
Virginia
Old 12-18-2002, 03:45 PM   #15  
Uber-Moderator!!

LEDOM!!! I am so sorry - I read about your Precious Kitty on the other thread in Diet Plans...poor thing...

I've posted this before but for your sake, wanted to post this again - I hope it makes you feel a little better...

Quote:
Rainbow Bridge (from the True Innocents Equine Rescue site www.tierrescue.org)

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our
friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:
they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes
when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group,
flying over the green grass, faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face;
your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into those trusting eyes,
so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*
Closed Thread