Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #46  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mel - I think the bed time discussion will go on forever with us... Oh well.

I think I am addicted to steel cut oats. I've had them 3 times today. I eat about 3/4 cup cooked with some walnuts, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder. Luckily I made a crockpot full of them yesterday.

DH's official birthday is today (we've been celebrating it all weekend). I'm considering going to Trader Joe's and getting their lowfat chocolate cake. It is soooo good. Last time we had it, we did well with portion control and I haven't had chocolate after dinner for over a week.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #47  

Hi LWL,

Tiki - glad to see you back again!
Mel - that gym stuff sound outrageous !

I spent the whole day in running errands and doing food & household chores shopping, so the workout did not happen again. i'm hoping for tomorrow.

bye,
rabbit
Old 01-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Okay so for those of you that know me you know that although I live in Michigan I am a proud Tennessean and I LOVE UT Football. There is a guy in my office (okay a couple of them) that I argue back and forth with about which teams are better, the big 10 teams or the SEC. I call them football snobs and they call me a hillbilly which I'm cool with. At ANY rate, I was looking incredibly cute one day in a red pencil skirts and a nice pair of heels. One of the guys walked up behind me and we had the following exchange:

Him "You really are proud to be a hillbilly aren't you?"
Me "Heck yes. I'll be a hillbillly till I die"
Him "I could tell. Your skirt is unzipped in the back"
Me "-------" too embarassed to respond!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh Tiki Does that mean that that part of you is admirable? Must.

I'm back out of bed because of hungry abs. I did some good stuff today and my tumbly was grumbly. Night all.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #50  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I've bought a new bike! Well almost! I rode about 60 miles last night to go and see it, whack a deposit down, then rode home. Didn't get in till 10pm and had spent the whole of lunchtime replacing an indicator on my current bike, so I REALLY didn't have time for anything other than getting a numb bum and losing all sensation in my legs! I spent 6 hours on the bike yesterday But I have a cool NEW bike that will be a lot more comfortable than the old one! YAY I'm picking it up a week on Saturday so I will be miss speedy from then on!

Today is pull-ups and dips and lots of stretching since I missed them yesterday, then 2 hours kickboxing tonight and I've been warned that we'll be "getting sweaty" tonight Oooo-er Missus!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #51  

Hi Ho,

Drive-by, de-lurking post to to Tiki and Ellen ... welcome back to you both. Tiki, I've missed your wonderful sense of humor, and Ellen, I've been wondering how you're doing. So glad to see you.

Who said one-legged squats were fun? Frus, was that you? I've working with a new personal trainer, and the first thing he showed me was one-legged squats, followed by a whole series of other one-legged exercises. Damm near killed me, which tells me they're really good for me. I have a session with him tomorrow morning. I wonder what he's cooking up now?

Oh oh ... water aerobics starts in 25 minutes, and I'm still in my PJs ... gotta run. Have a good one everyone!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #52  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah I like those one legged squats on a bench But I haven't quite mastered the art of pistol squats yet...
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #53  
Just Me

This morning, I woke up tired and almost talked myself out of exercise. I was sore from my workout yesterday and reasoned with myself that I could take a break. Then I told myself that this is your chance to lose weight and you better take it. So I got myself out of bed and did my elliptical for 20+ minutes and then did some crunches and stretches.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #54  

Hi all,

Good job Nelie getting out the bed and getting busy. You are making the most of your opportunities and that's hella great.

Fru, good luck with your class tonite. I hope the gettin sweaty warning also prompts you to wear extra deodorant :-)

Today was a lite cardio day so I pulled out a tape I hadn't done in FOREVER- Paula Abdul's first cardio tape and got to dancing. When I woke up I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like changing into work out clothes so I was like hey, I got the house to myself cause DD is sleep and DS isn't home, so I'll just work out in my drawers, an exercise bra, gym shoes and socks. Well DC (dumb cat) woke up DD and she came downstairs, took one look at me and about died laughing. I didn't care. I just kept strutting my stuff till the tape was done. I hope my daughter won't be mentally scarred for life.

Tomorow is leg day - looking forward to it.....gonna try those squats.....

Tiki
Old 01-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #55  
aka Superwoman!

I sometimes workout in underwear - DH likes it
Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #56  
Just Me

i generally work out in an exercise bra and shorts. When I first started doing it at home, I'd put a tshirt over my exercise bra but then I figured why?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #57  
aka Superwoman!

Why bother with the shorts?????
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #58  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

I'VE GOT NEWS!!!! REALLY GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

This morning I had my follow up visit to review the MRI of my hip and guess what?! Okay you probably guessed it, that's right it's

HEALED

Whew, I dodged a bullet today. I still have a little muscular ache supporting the area but it's not too bad. As far as weighted squats and lunges he has told me to hold off for now. I have eight weeks of physical therapy ahead of me but gosh, what a relief. (I saw the before and after myself)

Now I can start dreaming about getting back into my groove on the elliptical again without feeling guilty, getting my core nice and strong, and maybe next month start doing leg extensions and curls....Oh, and swimming. Maybe I can start those lessons again soon. The list in my mind is endless this afternoon.

Thanks to all of you who offered your advice and support as I drudged through this setback. I'm still a little skeptical that I will be able to go full throttle by summer, but at least I know the bone is fused again. And, without pins or a replacement.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #59  
aka Superwoman!

That's great! There's nothing quite as soul-destroying as not being able to do the things you want to...

I'm cooped up in the office since KICKBOXING IS CANCELLED There's tiles off the roof so the whole place is closed! I'd quite happily kickbox out in those 70mph gusts of wind in the car park!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #60  

Congrats Lydia! Here's hoping you are full steam ahead by summer 2007! My mom has pins in her back and it's no joy. It's great you healed without them.

Sorry bout the tiles Fru. I guess your co-workers had best avoid you today because you are all revved up with no-one to kick.

Tiki
Closed Thread