Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Default Day 5 for Dena!

Hi Everyone!
I must say this has been a real challenge during the Labor Day Holiday, since we are going out to eat a lot, but this group is really helping me stay within my goals. My hubby even brought an old treadmill home for me to use, so there's no excuse not to exercise.
Congrats to one and all. Everyone's doing great!
(Hugs),
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #62  

Hey Everyone I'm fairly knew to this site, and I was just looking around, and decided I wanted to join the challenge. My challenge is to drink at least 64oz of water a day hopefully more, and also not to drink soda!! So wish me luck
cmsugrad05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #63  

Talking New Here.... so a 10 day challenge is welcome!

Hey all... I'm Nadine.... Just starting out getting back on track.... Since April after a boyfriend and myself broke up... I managed to take a Hiatus from better eating and exercise and all the rest.... From Jan to April... was dieting....working out at 6 am every day with the bf.... but went on a bad trip after we broke up... just recovering now.. so we are going to take the challenge of exercising at the gym..... every day for 10 days staight.... lets see if I can do it!

I went yest and today.. so today I guess is day 2!~

Hoping to meet lots of new friends here... you are all awesome!

Nadine smiles
atitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:17 PM   #64  
Persistent and Stubborn

I have been trying to drink a lot of water and have probably gotten in my 64 oz but since I have not really been keeping track I decided I should just start tomorrow at Day 1 again. I think part of the challenge for me is actually paying attention to what I ingest.
shyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #65  
singletrack chick

hey everyone. i now have day number 3 under my belt. we had a cookout so that made it easy for me to make sure i had good food around. yey.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Default Whew! Labor Day Weekend is over!

Day #6. I just got off the treadmill, so I put it to good use this morning. I tell you I feel so much better today than 6 days ago. Red, this was a great idea. Thank you.
Good luck, everyone!!
(Hugs),
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:05 PM   #67  

Height: 5'1"

Day 3 & 4 are done! Keep up the great work everyone!!

10 days should be a cinch! But believe it or not.....I'm struggling to remember! So far so good.

I really enjoy reading the variety of everyones challenge.

Laura--Being able to stay home a plan meals ahead is such a marvelous idea!! My husband is away for weeks at a time...so I don't really plan meals ahead...just go with the flow. You're doing great.

Synn--Thanks for the heads up on the Kashi bars. I've tried a few of the cereals and there is one I enjoy and others...that I don't. Haven't heard of the bars. Must go check it out.

Janette--I have done the water challenge MANY MANY times. I think being on this challenge....is pretty much the only time I get in the correct amount of water intake! (sounds awful doesn't it?) but when you don't think about it....you just don't drink. So good luck to you!

Lucia--I use WW cookbooks every now and then. They have GREAT recipes. Quick and simple too. My favorite dessert was the frozen yogurt drizzled with honey and sprinkled with sliced almonds!

Red--I'm going to finish this one! I had a terrible start. TOM arrived and I am just flat out miserable when it arrives (then it eases up) So all that was on my mind was bed. But I'm going now. Really need to up what I'm doing though!! Great thread btw!!

Scuzin--New Orleans?! Tell us all about it when you get a chance!!

Dena--I'm wanting a treadmill. That's on my list for Christmas....You'll do great once you get going on it!

cmsugrad05--Water is an important thing to have....and I may being doing that on my next challenge. You'll do great. You're starting out low so you shouldn't have an problems. Good luck!

Nadine--I envy you!! I miss going to the gym. But for financial reasons I had to cancel my membership! But I have a new job lined up...start next week and hopefully I will be able to get it back. Good luck to you!

ShyAngel--Another water challenge. If you think that 64oz. it too much to start out with......cut it in half for five days...then work yourself up to 64oz. When I do the water challenge...I don't usually put how much I'm going to do...just how much I'm working myself up to. You'll do fine!

And hello to all the rest of ya!! (sorry I didn't get everyone) Hope you're all having a great day today and that you're still going strong.

I will check in tomorrow!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:33 PM   #68  

OK, guys, here I am AGAIN.... we had the long Labor Day weekend and I blew it.
I'm day one again.
This time????
I went back to journalling, can't get this core program down without keeping a bit more control, obviously.
Linda in NH
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #69  

Hi.
I knew I would have a tough time getting through any challenge over the holiday week-end so I thought I'd wait until today. Day One. NO EATING AFTER DINNER!!!!
I can do this, I know I can!!!
I have gained a bit of weight back and feeling crummy about it so I'd like to get back at it.
Good luck everyone!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:17 AM   #70  
Onward and downward!

Talking Day 4

Hi Everyone,

It is late afternoon on Day 4, and I am going strong. I have a vegetable pie (WW recipe) in the oven for dinner and have followed my meal plan today. I even went for a walk in the rain...it was very enjoyable.

M.N.J - I love WW recipe books, I try lots of low-fat/healthy recipes, but with WW I have never had a failure, they must test them well before they print them.

Have a great day!
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #71  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Making EIGHT was GREAT!!!

Hi there, everyone. Sorry I couldn't post last night. Was just too busy. Well, tomorrow is my last day on the challenge. Yes, that's right!! This is No. 9 and I'm going to get through OK!! I have been pigging on other food but I know that if I had any sugar I not only would blow my challenge but I would never stop at just a bit. It would escalate into a full-blown, no holds barred, sugar orgy!

Lucia -- for making it to Day 4! And the walk in the rain! Good for you! Keep it up!!

Apple Blossom -- welcome Good to see you again. Good luck and keep us posted. You can do this. Just count to 10!

Derry -- Hello again! OK, trying again? That's the way. Power to you!

MNJ -- congrats on making it all the way to Day 5! Sometimes things are more challenging than others. But you've got 4 whole days under your belt. Keep going! And thanks for the great post and the compliment!

Den -- sounds like you are on a roll! Pun intended!! So glad the thread is helping you. It makes me feel good to know that!

laura -- to you too. Cookouts I would think would be hard. But you stuck to your guns! I'm impressed. Keep it up!

shyangel -- ok, if that's the way you want to do it. It's your challenge. Besides, starting over doesn't lose anything for you. Paying attention is probably one of the most important things. I think I would be so embarrassed if I saw a video of just what I did all day, the food I stuck in my face, the money I piddle away for junk food and things I really really don't need. Good luck!

atitagain -- Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. How are you doing with your gym challenge. Every day sounds tough but I guess it's a discipline thing. Just getting to the gym is often the hardest part. Good luck!

cmsu -- a big welcome to you too! Water is a really popular challenge here. Good luck and stay away from the soda!

synn -- are you out there!! Did you make it past Day 6? I hope so. You are doing so well! Hope to hear from you soon! :

Scuzin, how about you? Hanging on or taking some time out? I hope it's the former. Check in, OK?

Last edited by redballoon; 09-08-2004 at 06:46 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:06 AM   #72  

Count me in girls! I am going to take the 10 day challenge to increase my level of exercise through out my day! I will take the stairs and not the elevator. That will increase my exercise and I will walk at least 3 times a week or work out at the gym.
Yesterday I did the stairs up to the 3rd floor and back and then in and out of the office. But today will be day one! I will ck in later on.
Skyfirefly
SKYFIREFLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #73  
singletrack chick

hahahahaha, im back to day one again. ahhhhhhh. oh well. i didnt go too far over yesterday. about 2000 calories. i've been getting an incredible amount of excercise in lately so i'm not worried about it in the least, except that i keep having to start the challenge over again. way to go everyone who has far more will power than me when it comes to deliciously bad for you foods and fruity drinks.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #74  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Sorry ladies! Didn't get a shot at the computer yesterday....too hectic at work!!!
Yes red, I made it through day 6 and day 7 and am working on day 8 now.
Got in my exercise....walking if nothing else...and I had my first weigh in.

I have lost 7 1/2 lbs my first week ladies....I am excited.
I want to thank all of you for helping me out, because without your support I would have given up long ago.

Soon to start another challenge....so its time to start thinking.
Day 8 is so far so good too....gonna try and get in some exercise other than running up and down stairs!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #75  
NCsmurfette

Talking Needing a challenge

Hi everybody,
I am just starting my weight loss journey (again!!) so I definately need a challenget to get me started on the right track.

My challenge is to actually stick to my WW points for 10 days with out quitting.

Good luck to all everybody and please feel free to give me any advise and support you can

Thanks for letting me join!!
NCsmurfette is offline   Reply With Quote