3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Come join me on the 10-Day Challenge!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/45913-come-join-me-10-day-challenge.html)

redballoon 08-31-2004 01:59 AM

Come join me on the 10-Day Challenge!!

Hello everyone. :wave: Being in the recent dredges of unfathomable gluttony :corn: I have decided to take drastic measures and pull myself out of the muck! :drill:

Thus, :idea: I'm bringing back a version of the old 21-day challenge that we used to do here and am looking for others to join me on the journey! :sunny:

I'm making it a 10-day challenge because 10 is easier to count to than 21 and I like the idea of three stars next to my name over the course of a month instead of just 1 and a handful of change! :yes:

Here's how it works. You pick something you want to do, anything, a behavior change, a diet plan you want to stick to, an exercise goal, anything and you stick to it for 10 days counting them down with us each day (or as often as you can post). You say, like, "I'm on Day 2, Day 3" and so on. If you fail to do your goal for a day it's back to zero you go. You have to start counting all over. :)

When you get to 10, well, you start over again, with a new goal or the same. :encore:

I used to do this and it was great. It really kept me accountable and the support and cheers I got from everyone was an enormous help.
:goodvibes:

I'm making my goal what it used to always be, NO SUGAR for 10 days, none whatsoever! :dancer:

Anyone else game! Come on down!! :cheer:

Marti 08-31-2004 02:31 AM

Hi Red!! :wave:

I'll join ya!! I had the 21 day challenge over at the Jaded Ladies Forum and I'm not sure why I haven't started it back up yet.....had a few girls joining me...but I think 10 days would be better!! I have made it to 10 a couple times and have had to start over!!!

Scuzin was with me doing the 21 day challenge....hopefully she will see this and join here since I haven't posted another challenge yet.

I'm like you....I need accountablity!! So what's my challenge???

Exercise as it has been for the last few challenges. But it really helps me to have a challenge to do them!

So I'll start tomorrow!

hippiechic 08-31-2004 03:45 AM

hey girls.... 10 day challenge sounds good, i would love to join you..... mine will be two-fold....... exercise and drinking water.... i have started at a gym and have yet to develop any kind of steady pattern i go at all different times of the week, so my challenge will be to get a routine going that i can stick to....and though i am much better at drinking water now than i ever was before, i still havent gotten to 64 oz a day...... thanx for the challenge!! Jamie

UnCafeCvooPlay 08-31-2004 06:30 AM

Hey guys, I would love to join. My goal is to stay within 1500-1700 calories for the next 10 days. I also have to do one form of exercise each day (walk, exercise tape, etc). Today is day one!

redballoon 08-31-2004 09:12 AM

We've got some live ones!!!

All right, MNJ! How are you?!! :) It's like old times. :dance: Good to hear from you and glad you could join up. :cb: I didn't know you had done the 21 somewhere else. I've been missing the challenge. It really helped me. Even though I post elsewhere just to chat it's not the same thing as here. What I like about this place is that it's simple, in and out if that's all you want. It keeps you focused! Good luck! 10 sure doesn't seem like much compared to the 21, does it? But, heck 10 plus 10 plus 10 I think is easier to do and it gets you there the same -- yet better! Ok, going exercise, are you? Go for it!! :hat:

hippie, cool! Good to see you too. A two-timer! :dancer: exercise AND water! OK, looking forward to counting with you.

Heh Cafe, another double doozy. Calorie regiment AND exericse. That sounds like a toughie. God, I'd be starving on calories like that. Power to you. Good luck! :strong:

Well, I'm wrapping up a successful nonsugar day. It's my first in over two weeks! Yeah. Do the full moon boogie! Did you see it? :dancer:

IWantMyFairyTale2 08-31-2004 10:08 AM

I'm in!

My challenge is drinking more water, I do pretty good with my calorie intake, but I'm really spotty on getting my water in each day. I know I'll never be able to drink 64 oz a day, but I'm going to go for 6 cups (48 oz.) a day and hope I don't float away. LOL

Scuzin 08-31-2004 07:29 PM

Hello! I'm back in!

I think I'll fall back on a water challenge since whenever I'm NOT one one I can't seem to get any in.

Good Luck everyone and nice to see you all!

synn1977 08-31-2004 08:28 PM

Heck.....I'm all in!!! I just started WW today so my goal is going to be sticking to it for the full 10 days....I usually quit within a week! Like after 3 days, so.....and I am going to double up and add in some form of exercise at least 5 times in the next 10 days.

Marti 09-01-2004 12:23 AM

One

Well got my first day done!! Only 9 more to go! That is soo cool....something I can do and keep doing. :)

Hello to all the 10 day challengers!! Good luck to you all and hope to get to know you more as the days go on!

UnCafeCvooPlay 09-01-2004 12:45 AM

Hey everyone!! Day one was successful....I had 1540 calories for the day and realllly didn't want to exercise but forced myself to because of the challenge. Hope everyone had a good day!

synn1977 09-01-2004 01:54 AM

Hey all....day one was successful. I had a bit more to eat than I wanted to, but I stayed within my point range so I am happy....now onto day 2!

derrydaughter 09-01-2004 06:53 AM

Hey guys, I'm "in".... my challenge is to stick with my eating plan for the next 10 days so that I can realize success! This goal is two-fold. I'm sick of my plateau and want to get back to my goal weight, with ww, so that I can go for FREE and maybe work for them too!
I'm on their new core plan and finding things a little easier, but the big challenge over this 10 day period is Labor Day weekend and getting through cook-outs, eating out and get past my usual "social" eating habits.
Linda

redballoon 09-01-2004 07:18 AM

Cool, everyone's groovin'!!

Heh there everyone, I'm wrapping up Day 2 here! So many times yesterday and today I actually had to stop myself from eating sugar. I've been so off the wagon I'd be thinking about having a chocolate bar or ice cream cone and then it was like "Oh, gosh, no, I'm doing the Challenge!" and I just turned it off (the thought of eating the sugar, NOT the challenge). Great stuff! Yes, this is what I've been needing. :dance:

FairyTale -- Welcome! How's the water challenge going? Guzzle on girl! :cb:

Scuzin -- Hi there! :wave: Good to see you again too. Another waterer. Good luck! :goodluck:

synn -- Hi there and welcome aboard. OK, Weight Watchers for 10 it is! Keep in touch here, Ok. :cheer:

:bravo: MNJ on Day 1 down. Only 9 to go. Doesn't it feel like you can do it just!?! :dancer:

Cafe's on Day 2! :sunny: Great going! What an excellent save with the exercise :cp: and just over 1500 calories! Wow. Good for you. :spin: Keep it up! :flow1:

Derry -- Yo! Good to see you over here. This challenge is great. We (some of us on here) used to do this for 21 days and it was tough but it really kept us in line. Ten days I think is more workable and I've just been needing some structure in my life! I'm so glad to see you over here. So, your challenge is to stick to the WW core plan, right? and then eventually work for them? Cool. Yikes, Labor Day weekend. Forgot about that. Kids over here started back today. School year begins in April though. Very short holidays here, poor things. Well, good luck. :flow2:

Ok, keep it up folks. Anyone else just hop on whenever you can. There is no start, everybody is on a different day. You just keep going, trip up, back to 1, smooth sailing, after ten you pick another challenge or go for the second round. Hope to see more of you! :comp:

Girly2004 09-01-2004 09:36 AM

For sure Im in. This is day 1 for me. Im gonna do some kind of physical activity every day and drink at least 64oz of water, which I've been workin on. Its definitely easier if I put lemon into it, but then i pee like a race horse. LOL Anyway this sounds like a great idea, so Im all for it.

Shelle_G 09-01-2004 11:31 AM

I am in and up for the challenge!! I need something to kick start my motivation!

Today is day 1 and I am going to try to stick to my calorie plan which is between 1400 - 1670 calories a day and 50 grams of fat!!

Ready, set, GO!!! :cp: