Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:01 PM   #106  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Hi there everyone!
I got done just about everything I had on my list today, boy does that feel good! We finally have the yard finished and ready for winter. All my pots are emptied and put away and the leaves have been picked up and the shrubs cut down. It was a lovely day to be out and take in! It went up to 77* today and there was a slight breeze with the leaves blowing all around you - so cool! The cats just love to watch the leaves blow off the trees today through all the windows I got to open because of the warmer temps.

MICHELE ~ Are you still getting snow??? I cannot believe we are getting such warm temps, but I know that the bottom (so to speak) is suppose to fall out from under us by tomorrow afternoon. Gonna get real cold, so they are saying. Well, it was nice while it lasted and I took it all in.

I am so glad to see you and GARY and ANGEL and JUDY have stopped over on my other thread. So happy you all think it's a good idea. I just thought it would help us stay focused on the best in life.

ANGEL ~ The ankle is doing good! Thanks! As long as I keep it wrapped I am fine on it. But I do make very mindful moves when I am busy. Tomorrow is "Wacky Wednesday" at Curves and that will be the day I will have to move carefully... we move around the room in a different direction then normal (that's how I hurt myself originally). So I am a bit cautious about tomorrow.

GARY ~ What can I say... you are just too funny. I only hope you are right and I do look as good as you describe for next summer --- "from your mouth, to God's ears!" I am working on it!

As far as Christmas goes... I have only put a dent in the shopping so far. This is a huge family and we buy for just about everyone (as families). We keep saying we are going to cut it down, but we don't. It is such a beautiful holiday!!! I just love Christmas!!! I was so sad when I found out there wasn't a Santa as a child--- I wouln't tell my parents or siblings I knew because I didn't want it to be true! Now... I know the day is to celebrate the birth of our Lord and we do with JOYFUL THANKS and CELEBRATION, but I still just love the story of Santa. The best I have ever seen it done is in the movie "The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen... that is the best! Just love the story and the colors in the film. Well, next to "A Christmas Story" "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Well, it's dinner time - veggie lasagna tonight.
Gotta go! Great to see you SUE and JUDY!!!!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-05-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:43 PM   #107  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

I have had a rough couple of days so I haven't felt like posting. Idecided to share my problem with you so you could pray for me. I tend to keep things bottled up and then have a bad attitude. I know that I can tell my DH anything and he is so supportive. My problem is at work. I work really hard and it bothers me when co-workers don't. One of my co-workers will be sending emails while there's a line up of customers waiting to be served. This doesn't bother just me but many of my co-workers. I decided it was none of my business and that my supervisor should deal with it. I went to work today with a better attitude only to find out that I had been overlooked for something and that this particular co-worker got it. It wasn't a big deal but it clinched it for me that I wasn't being appreciated for my hard work. My supervisor noticed that I was quiet this a.m. and asked me what was wrong. I had a meeting with her and let her know my feelings. I don't know if it did any good or not. I'll find out in days to come. I do know that the thing I was passed over for will stay as it is. I just wish my boss would apologize for the oversight (which is what I think this is) I would certainly repect him a lot more if he did.

Thanks for letting me share. Please pray that I don't hold it against my co-worker because it wasn't her decision.

I'll talk to you again tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:13 PM   #108  

Angry

WILMA ~ I am so very sorry that you were passed up like that... my cousin had that happen to her too and she also put allot into her job - a 110%.

Here is a verse I think may help you:
"In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were working for the Lord, not for men. Remenber that you will receive your reward from the Lord, which he promised to his people. You are serving the Lord Christ. But remember that anyone who does wrong will be punished for that wrong. And the Lord treats everyone the same." COLOSSIANS 3:23-25 (NIV)

I gave this verse to my husband many years ago when he was having a very difficult time with how he was being treated at his job. He too is a very hard worker, as if he owned the company, and took pride in it. But we must keep our perspective.

Anyway, I do hope that this will help you. My heart is sad for you, because I too was treated badly for giving it my best when I was out in the working world. You are in my prayers and I am so glad you let us know.

(((Hugs)))
Old 11-05-2003, 06:59 AM   #109  

Hellow everyone,

Our daughter Laura is home sick today. She has a temperture. I can feel her head and she is burning up. Can't find the stupid thermometer . No one ever puts things away where they belong in this house. She had a very bad head ache when she got home from school. She said she has a world history test today. Yesterday they asked everyone to bring a picture of their family crest. Couldn't find our last name but did find my maden name . It happens to be english. Also found my grandmoms maden name which is Douglass. My dad saw the Douglass castle. We found out they were not a very nice clan.

~WILMA~ My prayers go out to you. My sister called me on monday crying. She is a supervisor of nurses in a country hospital. They can't get enough good help. Of course the hospital does not pay the employees very well either. Any way she got a call from a nurse saying she would not be in because she hit a cow on the way to work. This is posable because they live out in the sticks. Any way she called another nurse in and woke her up from her sleep. The nurse was so mad for being awoken she refused to work for two days. My sister asked her superviser what to do. She told her to SEND FLOWERS can you believe it?
I would have fired her right on the spot. She needs the job because her husband is a printer and does not make enough to support them. Another nurse calls from Canada and says he can't come to work because he broke his glasses and is in Canada. WHY IS HE IN CANADA WHEN HE SOULD BE AT WORK? Wilma ,we raised a generation of stupid people. Thats the problem. There must be alot of in breading. No fault of yours. Companys no longer want hard working employees they want young, blond ,blue eyed girls to work for them. A show piece to attract business. Or an unqualified manority person to keep them out of trouble. What happened to qualified staff of all races. Fire the dead beats. They are so scared of law suits they keep them on. The dead beats know that, and continue to do nothing at work. They just laugh at their supervisers. Especially in goverment jobs.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:56 AM   #110  

Hi everybody.....went back & read quite a few posts I've missed. Some of them had messages to me. So sorry, I get so far behind sometimes, & miss them. To be on disability....I sure am a busy person! People think because I don't have a full-time job, I'm free to do whatever. Don't mean to complain....just tired, I guess.

Sami...read your angel story. I really enjoyed it. Yes, I've met some angels also. I was on my way to my daughter's house to help with new grandchild. It was a 5 hr drive, & I won't go that far alone, unless I just HAVE to....like this time. There is a place where there is only a single road for quite a distance. Came upon several cars lined up waiting....then saw where a double-wide mobile home had been in some kind of accident while being moved. It completely blocked the road. No one knew what to do. I SURE didn't! I was standing inside the driver's-side door & felt someone beside me....it was a man....getting closer. I got sooo nervous! I asked him what was going on....he said "I'm going to take care of you, honey". I told him to get away from me & out of the door. He acted like he didn't hear. I was praying silently for guidance. I looked ahead & there was a black man getting out of his car several cars ahead. It was red with a bicyle on top. (Will never forget it)He started walking toward the back of the line in our direction. Stopped at my car. He looked at me & said he knew a way around, if I would like to follow. The man beside me said he would like to follow also. The black man looked at me right in the eyes and said "It's alright....you'll be safe". Somehow, I knew I could trust this man. The 3 of us got in our cars. I followed the 2 of them....thinking "what if the red car keeps going & leaves me with this person?!" It was through a lot of woods. We finally came out at the original road ahead of the mobile home. When the red car stopped at the road, he motioned for us to go on, but the other guy got out of his car & walked to my window...I wouldn't roll it down. The black man came to my car & told me to go on. I did! Later, he passed me & was gone very soon. I will never forget "my angel". I'll also, never forget the look in his eyes when he said I'd be safe. Normally, there's no way I'd take the word of a stranger...but, I can't explain....his eyes must have been those of an angels'!

Wilma....So sorry about the job situation. It happens just about everywhere, I suppose. I know it happened to me, when I worked on public jobs. Not fair. I'm not always done right at my volunteer job, & it's a christian TV station. Maybe they don't realize it....but it happens. It still hurts. DH gets aggravated sometimes. I remind him, I'm not working their for them, I'm there for the Lord.

SunnyD...glad you're better...be careful at Curves. It was a good idea about the thread. Been enjoying reading the posts there.

Doitforme...New England...ALLRIGHT!!! Glad you had a good time.

eisenj....Yes, the sleep problem IS taking a toll....I finally get exhausted after a few days, & take a nap during the day. That's the best I've been able to do, so far.

Gary....Glad your church raised that money, & that you all had fun. The churches in our community now have "Harvest Fests". It gives the children an alternative to trick-or-treating. We only had our grands to come, this yr. Kinda glad, with construction going on. I also worry about what my grandchildren are being taught in school, etc. We all have a lot to pray about.

I'm going to copy & paste a small portion of my SIL's email to my daughter this morning concerning the helicopter crash.

"one of my soldiers was on the cbs news. the 2
that survived were both my soldiers. that one event changed everyones lives
here forever.one of the guys that died, was denied leave in aug. to go home
for the birth of his child. he was going on midtour to see his newborne
daughter when the bird got shot down.it is very sad."

Please, keep praying....thanks.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:32 PM   #111  

Angry

Morning! I went to Curves this morning and did very well on "Wacky Wednesday" we go in the opposite direction (that's how I hurt my ankle three weeks ago! Stepping on my right foot instead of my usual left). So it was scary for me today - sounds strange, but I was having dreams of falling again last night thinking about class this morning. But I did just fine! ( goofy me) And I am beginning to feel the workout in my muscles - that's good I just really hope to continue dropping weight. I want to be at my goal for Spetember/2004 when I go visit my folks and DS & DB and families. When I feel good about me I am a better person for them & those around me

JUDY ~ How's your daughter, Laura, doing? Did you find out what was wrong, why she has a fever? Flu? Hope she feels better real soon! It is the flu season... ...

ANGEL ~ Good to see you here That is quite a letter your DSIL wrote - made me cry!! I cannot begin to tell you how my heart aches for all those fighting this war and their families (I use to be one of those children during Nam)--- just so very sad!!! I feel so badly for your DD having her hubby and the father to her children so far away. I pray (all the time!) that this will be resolved real soon.

Blessings!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:52 PM   #112  

Angry Pictures

Here is a link of two pictures I took just this Sunday of Mikala...
Just scroll down till you see my post of the pictures
She is just so beautiful!! I wanted to take her home with me!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5&pagenumber=8
Old 11-05-2003, 04:53 PM   #113  

Angry

Anybody still around???
Gettin' awful quiet here these days!!

Our little man - Domino
Old 11-06-2003, 06:37 AM   #114  

~SUNNYD~ Your cats are so funny. You take very nice pictures. Mikala's pictures are so adorable. My daughter is feeling better today. Laura said she didn't know how I can stay home because it is so boring. She can't wait to go back to school today. I am spending today cleaning the house. Got to wash the dog ,then clean all the bath tubs. She has black hair so it gets all over the house.

~Angel~ You probably can sence the presence of an angel because the Holy Spirit dwells in you. There are time I just sence that ones spirit is right. Other times I have meet people who have put on a show claiming they are christan and I know different. God shows you that. If you can sit still long enough God reveals alot to your soal. People are so rushed today they can't hear him talk to their heart. They need to be still. My favorite time to listen to him is on the beach. When I'm praying in nature and can feel the wind against my skin it reminds me that I can't see God but I sure can feel him and he is very real.

A merry heart doeth good like medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22
Old 11-06-2003, 08:52 AM   #115  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good morning!

It's a much better day here for me. I have gotten over my bosses' faux pas and moved on. I really respected him but now I have very little. I will still do my job to my best ability and do it for God instead. I was surprises and thrilled with the support I received from my co-workers. Thank you for your prayers! I really felt them.

I am doing much better with my eating. I am feeling more under control. I sure hope to see a loss on the 18th.

I have to leave early today so I better get goin . Have a great day!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:05 AM   #116  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CE'ers

Wilma~glad you are past what your boss did. That's a great idea to work for God instead. Gives you a different perspective.

Judy~glad your DD is feeling better. Funny how they think sometimes, huh. I'd give anything to be home again. And you have one of the most important jobs there is.

Nobody showed last night for our bible study... the services for the son who was killed was last night, and i'm hoping that is why. Guess i can't expect them all to be ready to meet again just cuz i am. I'll try again for 2 weeks and see how it goes.

They arrested a woman who is suspected to have hit Scott (the son who was killed) I don't know any of the details, they are still investigating. I'm glad they caught her though. She must have been on something or?..........why would you not stop and get him help?

I'm tired today.......
Old 11-06-2003, 09:56 AM   #117  

Blessing to all sorry about being gone for awhile but I have been on the go............. (much better than being in bed sick) I am starting to notice that my stomach is much better! I have been going over my list of what I am not eating now and I have to say I have changed 100% in what I eat now and drink (more water than diet cokes) I know I will never be cured (unless God chooses) but I am taking my meds and eating right and started out sm workouts was going to push it more this week but after being up all night Sat in leg and hip pain I thought maybe I will keep going slow for awhile. I did cheat and get on the scale and was so happy to see a 10lbs loss.............

Wilma-My heart goes out to you. I to have been where you are and I just grinned and beared it. In the long run I ended up changing jobs in the same company and now I am truly missed when I take a day off. I got the best review of the store! Nov 13th I will have been with Target for 18 yrs and I really Love my job. There are days though when I feel like I should have called in!!!! Hang in there your time will come! And something else I often think when things like that happen maybe that was an answer to her prayers! And nothing against you. I pray you are having a better day and an OP day!!!!!

EZ-My Molli will be 7 on Nov 15. I took her and Ashli 9 to to the Ronald McDonald house to help do volunteer work last night it is the first time I have take the younger ones it was so neat to see how willing it was for them to do anything ask. I had to do a lot of explaining about what the Ronald Mcdonald house was (it is a place where family of very sick kids can stay for very little or nothing so they can be close to the hospital and thier child) My Target goes thier and put on a very fancy dinner for them and just spoils them! They came home with a full of thanksgiving that we were blessed with healthy family.

SunnyD-So glad you are better and back to curves! I was just thinking of all the things I am thankful for and then I saw your post what a great Ideal. I love the baby I can't wait until I get me a grandchild! Heard a rumor that they might start after Christmas trying.

Judy-Praying that your DD is doing well. We have had a lot of people out with the flu. I hope you are feel more up beat and you are right about sleep. I was not someone you wanted to be near on Sunday! My Dr. has me on sleeping pills because I wake up all night long in pain back,hip, leg,shoulder ect it is like what ever is touching the bed hurts. But I don't wake up when I take the sleeping pills and I feel so much better. And I know that good loyal workers are hard to find. But I think it is because companys want to hire college ed people as management people with little knowledge of the company and people skills. I have seen people who work hard and very loyal get passed up because they have no college and then we get kids fresh out of college put them in managment and they come in and don't know what they are doing and they expect more money and less work of all thier college and the workers resent that. And lots of them think they are so above their people it causes good people not to care. I made one promise to myself when I took this job and that was I would always treat others the way I want to be treated. I am person that people always come to and if they try to make me take sides I don't I look for way to make it better for both.

Mitchy-I hope you are feeling better. There is so many new drug out on the market I take bexta it is easier on my stomach. Let your Dr. know you have tried OTC drugs and see if he will give you something else. If it helps it does make a world of diffrence!

Angel-Lover-Make sure you are taking care of yourself. I know this weather change makes you feel worse. And don't be afraid to say no to those who want you to do more than you feel you can. That was the hardest thing for me to learn NO. I use to do a lot through the church and I am sad to say that when I could no longer be in charge it went away. I worked and had 6 kids and was in charge of poor com,harvest party for the kids, tree for the needy, volunteer work for the poor. And most of the moms stay home and not one person was willing to step up when I no longer could.

Sue-Is this your long weekend? I have wanted to say for a long time when I read your post I see a very strong woman who is a blessing to many. Thank you for all the encouragement you give.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:30 AM   #118  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not too much time again this a.m.-- just wanted to let you all know I am here and reading! It just takes me so long to type and I haven't been able to get the computer time with Angie, Ryan, and Ron all needing it for school.
I am "ALWAYS" awake at 4am-- however NOT today-- I don't set an alarm--Angie does though-- she was supposed to meet her friend at 5am to go walking-- I woke her up when I woke at 5:15-- she was dressed and out the door at 5:17-- I couldn't believe how fast she got on her running clothes-- lucky for her, her friend overslept too and was just coming out of her house when Angie got there--
Well off to work then Parent/Teacher conferences for Ron tonight-- this should be fun--l.o.l.

IN PEACE-Gary
Old 11-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #119  

Smile LOOKING TO GIVE AND RECEIVE SUPPORT

I AM 32 YEARS OLD AND MY CURRENT WEIGHT IS 208. I WENT ALL THE WAY UP TO 234 FOR ABOUT A MONTH ANDWHEN I REALIZED I WASN'T 214 ANYMORE I WAS DEVISTATED SO I IMMEDIATELY DID A STARVATION DIET TO GET ME BACK TO 226. WELL AFTER I GOT THERE I COULDN'T LOOSE ANYMORE AND I PRETTY MUCH MADE UP MY MIND THAT I DID NOT WANT ANY QUICK FIXES. WELL THAT WAS MEMORIAL WEEKEND. I GOT A TRAINER AND WORKED OUT 4 DAYS A WEEK AND TRIED FOLLOWING A 1500 CALORIE DIET. WEIGHT LOSS WAS NULL TO NONE SINCE ON THE WEEKEND I WENT TOTALLY OFF. WELL THEN OF COURSE I TRIED A 3 DAY DIET AND LOSS A FEW POUNDS. I WENT TO WEIGHT WATCHERS AND LOSSED A COUPLE MORE. HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING WEEK I GAINED 3 LBS AND WAS DEVISTATED. WELL THEN I MET 2 LADIES WHO BELONGED TO A GROUP CALLED PRISM. THEY LIVED FAR FROM ME HOWEVER TOLD ME HOW GREAT THE PROGRAM WAS AND HOW BALANCED IT WAS. THEY SAID IT HAS DONE WONDERS FOR THEM BOTH PHYSICALLY AND SPIRTUALLY. WELL I SURE KNEW I NEEDED HELP IN BOTH AREAS. HOWEVER I KNEW I DID NOT WANT TO START YET ANOTHER "WEIGHT LOSS" PROGRAM AGAIN ONLY TO FAIL. ANYWAY I BOUGHT THE BOOK AND LOOKED FOR INFO. ONCE I RECEIVED THE BOOK I LITERALLY COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. IT WAS AS THOUGH IT WAS WRITTEN FOR ME. ANYWAY THE BASICS IS NO WHITE FLOUR OR ANY SUGAR WELL I WAS HAPPY THAT I COULD EAT CORN SO I TRIED IT. THE FIRST WEEK I LOSSED 5 LBS OH MY GOODNESS I WAS IN HEAVEN. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I HAVE TRIED ATKINS AND LOSSED A COUPLE OF POUNDS AND WW AND MAINTAINED BASICALLY.
HOWEVER THIS REALLY WORKS FOR ME.
NOW I AM 208 AS OF TODAY. AND THAT WORKS FOR ME.
I EXERCISED TODAY BY WALKING 30 MINUTES.
I WILL FOLLOW MY CALORIE GUIDELINES TODAY AND MAKE SURE I HAVE NO SUGAR.
I AM GOING TO LOG ON TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD 3X A WEEK SO I CAN STAY ON TRACK.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:31 PM   #120  

Default still here, doing better!

Still very tired and trying my best to adjust to all the side effects that are going to be with me the rest of my life re the radiation treatment.

Anyway was reading through some more in Dr. Phil's book and wanted to share this quote with you all -- it spoke to me once again.

"Every success or failure you will have flows from that self-determined personal truth. Even if your personal truth is riddled with self-doubt and self-recrimination and self-flagellaton, you will live that truth as you go out into the world.

What you believe about yourself, what youtreat as your own reality, is dramatically important because it guides and directs your weight-management efforts. If you don't get yours straight, you are doomed, and even the best laid plans to get your weight under lasting control will be ruined"
Closed Thread