Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:10 PM   #16  

Lee! I thought you would have learned about tricking a baby from the "apple pie incident" with Ben!!!!! my dh gave ben apple pie, then switched it with some kind of vegetable. My son to this day doesn't trust us when we tell him something is good.....ANd he won't go near a vegetable!

Anyway, food is on track for today and we're all going ice skating in a little while! A friend of the kids' is having a birthday party at the local rink......woo hoo, I can't wait!!

Congrats to Faye and Lisa on your losses! :clap:

We have an Olive Garden here, but they don't take reservations and it's ALWAYS at least an hour wait.......even at like 2:00 in the afternoon!!! I haven't been there in ages....used to be addicted to their salad dressing when I was pregnant!

Well, gotta go dig the skates out of winter storage.

Later,
Julie
Old 10-11-2003, 12:17 PM   #17  

Thanks Sandy.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #18  
I Can and I Will

Lisa you are very welcome!

Sandy
Old 10-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #19  

LeeAnn: YOU GET A: for points

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO COMMEND YOU LADIES THAT BREASTFED YOUR BABIES. Like I said before, I wasn't that big a proponent until my grandson was born and was told all the info by my daughter INCLUDING the fact that hospitals and doctors discourage mothers from breastfeeding in poorer countries and instead provide formula to them. Why not give the mothers veggies and good food and have them BREASTFEED? Unfortunately, the formula companies in this country keep a lot of pertinent info from moms about what the heck is in the stuff and the worst part is that DOCTORS in THIS country discourage mothers from breastfeeding. My daughter has had no less than 4 pediatricians because none of them thought a baby should be breastfed longer than 6 months max and most thought 3 months. That is disgusting! If God gave us the things to feed our children why should we think someone other than God knows better? Ok, off the baby soapbox now!

Any of you with kids over about 6 should take your kids to see Good Dog. Very cute movie. T was a little young for it to understand some of the funny stuff, but the little boy in front of us who was about kindergarten age giggled through the whole thing. We still had a ball and T eventually wanted to snuggle with Nonny so that right there made the movie worthwhile!

Cubs game is on in about an hour and a half and I need to get us some supper. You all have a great evening!

Faye
Old 10-11-2003, 08:20 PM   #20  

Hi girls

Amanda- glad to hear your feeling better and are getting yourself back on track.

Julie-Caramel popcorn...yummmy ...glad to hear your on track after the popcorn. Ice skating...can't wait to go again myself especially since its been years, I will probably fall on my bottom a few times, but it'll be fun. Hope you have fun Julie.

Faye- happy to hear your hubby loved the poem. Oh and the markers / paint ...very funny hehehe did the people at the place say anythng??? Oh and congrats on the weight loss.

Lisa- your doing great girl! Very happy for you.

SandyB-Good to hear your doing good and wow you really stick to the working out...good for you. I wish I were more active. Oh and I am for breastfeeding, I've heard that the maternal milk contains good "stuff"for the baby's immune system, which formula doen't provide. It's been known that babies that are breastfed tend to have stronger immune systems. I know when I have a baby I definatey will breastfeed til I run out I always wonder how good of a mom I will be because Giz, Kit, and Nemo are just my pets, but I spoil them love 'em, Imagine with a baby . I love all my nephews too. Oh and Kit I basically raised since he was about 3wks old so I had to feed him with a bottle and help him deficate and urinate....was weird in the begining, but I read up on it and now he's stronger than Nemo, who was raised by his mom .

Okay girls I think I have lost weight, but I'll wait til tomorrow to let you all know. Take care.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:55 PM   #21  

Good Evening,

How are ya? Me, loopy!! I have been awake since yesterday morning at 5:30a!!! whats up with that you ask? Last night I worked till 10:30p, too wound up to sleep, tighter than a drum , then I didnt get to bed till 2 ish, knowing I had to awaken at 5:45a, naturally just laid there...then I got up got dressed at 3:00a and went and spent rest of am with a friend, then work at 6:30ish, now here I sit at almost 10 p.m., where are the men with the straight jackets?? you know sleep deprivation is, what's the word? oh, well, you gals know what I mean...going home in just a bit and crawl into my bed, do not work till 11a.m. , I'll be sawing some logs..will dream about all of you chickies.....we are tough , we are awesome, we are invincible!!!!

okay gotta get outta here, before I say something I cannot be held responsible for, you chicks will think I have really lost it!!

Talk to you tomorrow!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 08:01 AM   #22  

Sunshiny Sunday To ya's!

I am still sore. Yesterday i get points for my exercise,satying O/P but I still have about 6 ounces of water left in my water bottle from last night. So no water points. I just have this whole mental thing about water. If I don't have it all drank by like 6pm , I subconciously stop drinking it. I just sip it barely. I am just realizing this and I know why it is, I get up like 4 or 5 times to potty if I drink after 6pm. I end up so tired the next day from all the interrupted sleep.

PKJ - You get any sleep yet?? I'd be major loopy too.

Happy - What kind of pets do you have? That's so sweet how you took such care of kit, what happened that you had to do all that?

Faye- How did your Cubs game turn out?

Have a great day everyone!!!
Lisa
Old 10-12-2003, 08:50 AM   #23  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday. You are in the mall and you have LOTS of cash to spend. Where is the first place you would stop to get rid of some of it?

Wilson's Leather goods, love that smell of COW!, Eddie Bauer, your significant other needs new duds, Macy's, you just love their clothes, Rack Room Shoes, cause you can never have TOO many shoes, Zales jewelers, they have a too die for ring you want, Yankee Candle, the smell from the out in the mall is heavenly, Best Buy, the have a big screen tv on sale, Bath and Body, their scents are devine, Dunkin Donuts, you have to have sustinance to power shop!

Have fun with it girls!

Lisa: YOU GET A for points.

Pam: I hope you are SLEEPING INSTEAD OF READING THIS!!!!

CUBS WIN CUBS WIN 8-3!!! WHOO HOO ONE MORE AND IT IS WORLD SERIES TIME!!!!!

Everytime I do a silly poll like this, I finish then look at it and discover I would have a hard time choosing! I would probably buy something at the first store I come to that has something I want. If I were in the mall here in Memphis, that would probably be Yankee Candle. Jack would hate it because he is NOT fond of scents in the house or car but I put them in there anyway! I have a CAT, need I say more? I love, shoes, handbags and jewelry and fragrance so sooner or later I would get around to them too!

Grocery shopping day girls! Later!

Faye
Old 10-12-2003, 09:37 AM   #24  

Oooohhhhhh! I just am sooooo mad. I just let rip on someone who had the audacity to be throwing stones about someone who they saw in a restaurant binging! Please feel free to give this person your imput too! She really p*^^%# me off. It is a thread called "overeating and I mean overeating" I just want to punch the lights out on people like this one!

Faye
Old 10-12-2003, 09:44 AM   #25  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Lovelies!!! Got all 4 again yesterday... and i even did my iron horse! LOL i just couldnt get thru the day without it...lol so last night around 9 i was out in the garage doing my iron horse...LOL this IS addicting! I walked alot while i shopped... i finally went out and got my self some new white tshirts. Bought 4... they were clearanced down to 3.98! LOL For those of u wondering... i usually wear white shirts... not too many shirts with colors... dont know why but thats just me. LOL
Actaully i need just one more thing ot complete my "uniform" as i like to call it... just a pair of black penny loafers. My uniform is simple... white shirt(of course), jeans, white socks, black shoes and black suit jacket. I love mens suit jackets... they are so comfortable and so easy to wear.... and thanks to my MIL i have a gorgeous black leather one thats my favorite...lol
So, in answer to the silly poll?? I would hit most of the stores but most likely go to Wilsons first. Can always use a leather suit jacket...LOL or a purse, or a wallet, or ... u get the idea... LOL IO am rather loopy this morning... but its just a GREAT mood!! I am sooo thankfull that i came here and started posting again... i have made such progress... and its because of all of u wonderful ladies!! U keep my going... u inspire me and let me know i am NOT alone... thru everything... not just the weight loss... but life!
You are truly the best freinds a girl could have... Isnt it amazing that we do this for each other unconditionally... i wish more people loved and lived like this....
Okay.. i have gotten all philosophical... (had to ask hubby how to spell that oneLOL) but it comes from my heart and soul. rmember to take care of u today... and i love u all...

Sandy
Old 10-12-2003, 09:55 AM   #26  
I Can and I Will

One more thing ladies.. i have a recipe that i wanted to share. Its easy, versatile and very good. My kids call it pizza bread. But i make it with what ever i want ...lol
Take frozen bread dough... let it thaw. Foll it out into a long rectangle. Once its rolled out u can fill it with whatever u want. Pepperoni and cheese is what the kids like. But i have put ham and cheese, groung turkey and swiss... use your imagination. Just dont fill it too full. Once you have what u want in it just roll it up. pinch the edges and bake at 350 for 30-40 mins. Thats it! I made it yesterday and the kids love it... i made one for me with ground turkey browned with onions and lowfat swiss cheese. It turned out fabulous... just thought i would share this...In a pinch or for something good and u know the kids will eat. Its also good for pot lucks. Okay enuf! Have a great day all!!
Old 10-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #27  
2006 - Panda Remix

Faye, I just read that thread before I popped in here - I agree with you! As soon as I read it, I began to feel uncomfortable with what she had written - why are people (fat or thin) so caught up with being 'better' than someone else ? - trying to find someone who is 'worse than us'. I'd hate to have complete strangers monitoring what I eat (and then posting it on the internet!) and I'm sure she would too! I think you did right to comment - I read your response and thought 'yeaah, go Faye'!!

I'm busy applying for jobs at the moment - quite a few opportunities are cropping up in Ireland which is great! I know alot of you are Christians, so I'd like to ask for your prayers that I will get one of these jobs and that God will remove all the obstacles in my way. (I lost my last job through ill health and my last reference won't be particularly great). It seems impossible to me that anyone would want to employ me (think I need to build up some self confidence!!), and I was praying about it the other day, and I distinctly heard God say ' I will make the impossible possible'. So I'm putting all my faith in him - but I'd really appreciate a few extra prayers!

Thanks Girls!

I'm starting my diet with a vengeance today so will post my points from tomorrow. You ladies are all doing so well - you put me to shame!

Love Amanda xx
Old 10-12-2003, 10:43 AM   #28  

I will post points when a few more of you have posted, but I have to comment to Amanda:

Amanda: First off, thanks for responding to that person. The more of us that let her know that is NOT acceptable the better. Secondly, I will give prayer time for your job search and I selfishly ask for the same in return! I just applied via e-mail to a job. I am stymied by the fact I don't even get calls for a first interview and do not know what to do about that. I have good to excellent references even though I left the last one without notice and was only there a little over a year. They do not know that though, because I do not give references on my resume and the company has been bought out and is a completely different name. So, with that being said, who knows why? I know God has something spectacular for you! He has always provided for us so patience and waiting on him is the key! (ok, I saw what I typed so I guess I should take my own advice!)

Post later!

Faye
Old 10-12-2003, 10:51 AM   #29  

Good Morning Chicklets,

Yes I am revived now, slept good. (had no other choice, I had betrayed my body, deprived it, and it bounced back though!!!) I am thankful, a little more alert now, my coworkers will appreciate that uh?

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 for water, 0 exercise, but I am going in a few! I promise

Faye, I love your polls. oooh $ to spend, (what's that?) , I love bath and body, (some of the other shops you mentioned, we do not have), but Williams-Sonoma, thats one of my favorites, only been once when they first opened in Huntsville, all kinds of kitchen gadgets, and culinary goodies, (I know, I can still dream), the bookstore of course would be my first stop!! and the Hallmark store. Thanks for the little fantasy trip Faye....

Amanda, IRELAND, I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO THERE, MY ANCESTORS CAME FROM THERE. (IT IS A PLACE i KNOW I WOULD FEEL AT HOME, STRANGE UH, SINCE I HAVE NEVER BEEN, BUT HAVE ALWAYS FELT DRAWN TO IT, YOU WANT SOME COMPANY? WE COULD ALL COME )

Sandyb, recipe sounds easy, that is what I like.

Faye, will have to ck out your post on that thread, I am sure you let them have it with both barrels.

Lisa, sounds like you are doing good! yes the water does a # on you for sure, but you will get use to it, I am in the bathroom all the time

Well girlies, gotta go, have to get ready for work. I put in to be off next Friday and Sat, Jane's neice is getting married, but in order to be off I am scheduled for 10 consecutive days, there are just a few of us, but she recently hired 2 more, so maybe they can do fill ins when we are out, on vacation, or so we can have a set schedule. That would be lovely.

Hope all of you have a great day. Stay strong, you can do it!
Er
Old 10-12-2003, 10:58 AM   #30  
I Can and I Will

Pam.. it is SOOOOOOOO easy...lol and like i said u can do what u want with it... And its so very good... u could even use frozen wheat bread dough...lol I am glad u got some sleep... i hope the time off works out for u and they get things in a schedule... makes life so much easier...lol
Faye... i read that post after reading here... and i too posted there. I think that what she witnessed hit a bit to close to home and she doesnt know how to feel about it... so she choose anger. At least thats my instinc on it. She should have thought about what she was writing b4 she wrote it. I will check back later lovelies....

Sandy
Closed Thread