Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #31  

Well, gooood afternoon ladies!

I've actually come on here twice this morning, intending to post.....but I decided to go and have a really good sweat first so I could say I "did" my exercise today (FINALLY) instead of I'm "going to".

Points for yesterday was just one for exercise. The ice skating was great! It was unseasonably warm outside (70's!!!) and it felt great to be in the colder temps on the ice. HOWEVER, that whole social eating thing got me again! We went home with the birthday boy's parents after the party and had dinner. We ate incredibly healthy, wholesome, most-likely organic food--big salad, turkey and bean soup, squash soup, blue corn muffins. Nothing was even slightly bad about any of the food, except that I kept eating it! and eating it!! oh, and the leftover birthday cake which I ate more than I should have. Not terrible, but I just keep letting myself slide. Like Faye says, gotta have a serious talk with myself!!

So, today's a new day. Had a great workout (guess I already said that) and am ready to head outside for a while. Should be a 4 pointer today.

Sandy, I wonder how those pizza bread thingies would freeze? Pretty well, I would think. I'm always looking for new things to put in the freezer so I don't go out to eat when I don't feel like cooking. Neither my body nor my wallet can afford to go out anymore! Thanks for posting the recipe

Amanda, I'm praying for your new job....I know you'll get there, just keep faith! It took my husband four years of constant search to get a job in Maine. We so wanted a change from the Southern city life we had in Raleigh....and it happened! We just didn't stop trying. Now, we have to keep fighting to stay here! DH is a civil engineer and he relies on development to fuel his industry. As you can imagine, there's not a whole lot of development in Maine.
That's why we like it here! Go figure.

Pam, I'm glad you're back among the living!! Just think how your body would have reacted to that little spell a few months ago....probably would have gotten sick, grouchy, maybe set off a week long binge?? I'm so proud of you for just getting through it and getting yourself back together (seemingly without any problems). That is a total testament to your new body, new committment, and new attitude! Way to go!

Faye, I know you too will get the job you were meant to have. It may take until you have reached your ultimate goal, but I think God has big plans for you somewhere in the weight loss field! I can totally see you as a nutrition counselor or personal trainer. You have such empathy and are a great motivator........I don't think you'll be doing too much administrative assistanting in your future.

So says Swami Julie :lol"

Ok, gotta go.......the girls want to play on the internet.

Love to everyone.......stay
Julie
Old 10-12-2003, 06:28 PM   #32  

HERE'S OUR POINTS LADIES

Sandy B:
Pam:
Julie:

I only have a minute as the game is on, but I wanted to make sure I got smileys out to you all.

Julie: Boy, wouldn't I MUCK things up working for something like LAWL or Jenny Craig telling the clients healthy stuff to do like exercising which most of those programs don't do!

Got my groceries so now I can start my menus tomorrow. I expected to spend a bazillion dollars, but actually spent less than usual!

Gotta get back to the game!

Faye
Old 10-12-2003, 09:00 PM   #33  

Hi all,

Faye- I saw that post too and it really irked me as well. I also commented to her. You were great! You'll land a great job soon don't you worry, all things happen for a reason. he watches over us all. That goes for you too Amanda!

Sandy_ I'm thinking that with all your "LOL"'s you must be one smiley gal! LOL I love it your post always make me laugh. LOL Thanks. Thanks for the recipe too. LOL

Mirabelly- Ice skating sounds like a ton of fun, I went once when I was so young I had to have a babysitter, so all I remember is that I fell a lot! I have never had the opportunity since and I doubt that I could do it if I did. It seems fun though, maybe when I get some of this weight off I'll be brave enough to give it a try. That and I want to rollerblade one day too when I am much smaller.

As for the silly poll.... Bath & Body I love so much of their stuff, but never buy it. definitely and then Macey's!! Fun poll Faye

I haven't been feeling well today so points for O/P only. I did 35 crunches today but that's it and my tummy aches to drink too much water.

Lisa
Old 10-12-2003, 11:19 PM   #34  

hi girls.
Just checking in quickly, to let you know I lost another 2.5lbs and about the poll I would spend it at Pier 1, Bath & Body, Ann Taylor Loft, Lord and Taylor, Sephora, Computer Store, and of course Petco or Pets on Lex.

Take care girls and have a good evening..g2g I am a busy bee today...oh and BTW I got all points today and yesterday in case I forgot about it.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:55 PM   #35  
I Can and I Will

Lisa u made my day!! Thanks for the compliment... and yes i am usually very upbeat and happy! LOL!(HA) Your welcome for the recipe... its sooo easy and versatile. My whole family loves it! WTG Happy on the weight loss... U GO GIRL!! I made all my points again today... yeah!! Going strong.... Did my yoga this morning and walked while i shopped with my daughter. Well.. i am going to finish up on here and get to bed... take care of u... and love you all...

Sandy
Old 10-13-2003, 01:25 AM   #36  

Evening Girls.

ooooh Dot, I forgot about Pier I, I love that store! congrats on the loss!

Just popped in for a sec to read about your day all! getting late so I will say goodnight, sweet dreams, my chickies!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #37  

WRAP UP POINTS FOR SUNDAY:

Lisa:
Dorothy:
Old 10-13-2003, 10:31 AM   #38  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to help someone else with a problem instead of ourselves! In doing that, we actually help ourself!

Good morning ladies! I start my menus today. I will let you know how the recipes taste! I haven't used recipes before so it should be interesting. Oh and btw, Sandy, that IS a great idea. You can also make a nice not too fattening dessert, by using fresh or frozen fruit mixed with slenda and rolled into the dough or purree fruit with splenda first and roll into the dough. Top with ff cool whip.

Well, I need to get some exercise started and all the other stuff I do in the mornings.

CUBS lost last night. The kid who pitched for Florida was really good, but he made me mad in about the 3rd inning. He pitched close to Sammy Sosa's head and Sammy fell and came up MAD (he got hit hard in the head early in the regular season). Luckily, the Marlins catcher calmed him down, but when Beckett struck out the last batter of the inning and was walking off the field I read his lips. He looked at Sammy and said, "Take that, MotherF&*(^%. So , I was hoping we would have creamed them, but Tue and Wed are the last two and we only have to win one of them and our best two pitchers are up.

Gotta go girls!

Faye
Old 10-13-2003, 10:41 AM   #39  
It is what it is...

Default Morning

Pam and Faye - Thanks for the welcoming words back...I may not be posting often but I will check back and forth as I lurk around, ha!
I actually have been doing what Faye was talking about in an earlier post, I have been giving myself more and more days of doing badly and then before I know it I am losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds - it has been frustrating to say the least, I need a good kick in the pants!
So with Faye's Monday mission in mind I need a few encouraging words from you guys to help me get back started and excited about losing again....
Sounds like most if not all of you are doing so great!!!

PAM!!! You are doing so wonderful - you yourself have encouraged me more than you will ever know...Keep yp the great work!

Talk to you all later,
Carri
Old 10-13-2003, 11:21 AM   #40  

Morning Ladies!
Yesterday did end up being a 4 pointer.....yay! Hubby and kids have the day off today,so I think we're gonna go hiking somewhere. Also have dance class tonight.

Dorothy, Congrats on the loss!! You must feel so proud

Faye, everyone around here is Red Sox crazy....but since I don't give a crap about baseball--I'm secretly rooting for the cubbies. I just grin to myself when anyone brings it up

Well, gotta go.
Check back later.
Julie
Old 10-13-2003, 12:36 PM   #41  

Carri: The world if FULL of quitters. They quit because they don't have what is needed to succeed. You have everything you need to succeed. You have the desire, you have the support and you just need to work on the commitment. We are going to help you any way we can to commit to getting back to square one. You and I can do it together. I wrote in my journal this morning that to me today is just like I am beginning my first day of my program. I got up and started with my vitamin and citrucel, started with my water and ate the breakfast of yogurt and blueberries that was listed on my menu. I did one round on my glider and am going down to do the next one. If I were you, I would "start over." Look at it as a beginning and begin again all fresh and new! You can do this and we are here to help you!

Julie: YOU GET A: for points! I would LOVE for the 2 underdogs to play each other in the world series so I root for the Sox too! I am not sure they have it in them to beat the Yankees, but I sure hope so!

I am going to do a bulk "help someone" this morning.

It takes courage to start something so daunting as weight loss. If you drink, you can't unless you bring it home or go to it, smokers can't smoke unless they buy cigarettes, drug addicts can't shoot up unless they go and get it from the dealer, but where does that leave people who have food addictions? We all have food in the house. I have heard of strange things people eat when they are dieting and don't have snacks etc in the house. With that being said, I want us to make a list of "stupid foods" In other words stuff we eat when there isn't anything in the house! I want us to look at it today and laugh at how ridiculous it is to ruin our health by eating these foods!You can list stuff other people have told you they eat or stuff you have eaten yourself. We are stronger than the food that compels us and we are all going to succeed!

GLOBS OF PEANUT BUTTER IN CEREAL
SPAGHETTI WITH BUTTER AND THAT POWDERED PARMASEAN
BREAD AND BUTTER WITH BROWN SUGAR ON IT
CANNED BISCUIT DOUGH DEEP FRIED AND ROLLED IN SUGAR
SPRAY CAN CHEESE ALA FINGER
SOFT BREAD WITH THE CRUSTS OFF SQUISHED INTO A BALL
P BUTTER, SALAD DRESSING, SYRUP WHATEVER ON A SPOON

THESE ARE PRETTY DUMB SO ADD YOURS TO THE LIST SO WE CAN SEE HOW STUPID IT IS TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR FOOD INTAKE!

Faye
Old 10-13-2003, 01:05 PM   #42  
I Can and I Will

Faye... u r right about the fruit in the bread dough... that would be yummy... I LOVE PEANUTBUTTER ON A SPOON! LOL the only other way i eat peanut butter is with apples. But i do NOT go overboard... I got all 4 yesterday as well. I upped my exercise and am lowering my calories to 1600. Actually ... i want to see how it goes... I put a call into my insurance about the plastic surgeon visit... I set up the appmt with him for Oct. 30 but i need to know if my insurance will cover the visit.
I tried posting earlier but my puter froze so i am trying to remember all that i had said...lol
I tend to be like you Faye in not using a recipe... i follow one but add my own touches and tweek it a bit! LOL Both of my grams cooked that way so i learned from the best. I have a wonderful recipe for pumkin soup that i make every year for Thanksgiving... i am making it lowfat this year so i can have more of it...lol its that good! Smooth and a bit spicy. If anyones interested i will post the recipe... just let me know. Okay... i did my iron horse already this morning so once DS leaves for school i will do my yoga. One more round of the iron horse later and exercise is done for today! Take care of U..

Sandy
Old 10-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #43  

I am helping a group of ROTC stidents at my daughter's high school get their community service hours they earned. I hope it works. A bunch of us got together every Sunday the past 6 weeks to work on a haunted acres for Halloween and portion of the proceeds were being donated to ROTC. That is how they have been earning their hours. Building sets, painting, stuffing dummies,working on costumes, making signs, and a lot more. Our meetings lasted 2 -3 hrs every Sunday and they worked in the heat too. Well, we just found out we won't be able to do the Haunted Acres at all due to road construction, leaving us no parking at all. The kids are all bummed, not only were they really excited about putting on the haunted acres, but all those hours they put in , they might not be credited, because supposedly the rule is that you have to be working for something that helps a cause or donates to one. I don't think this is fair because these kids couldn't help what happened in this situation. I am going to talk to the Dean and the Kernel to see if there's anything they can do about this.

Secondly- I am working on going into business for myself in the next couple of years or so. There is a lot of preparing and planning I still have to do though. It will be a weight loss program and I have recruited someone to participate in it for free in exchange for being able to use her testimonies/videos/story/pictures as advertising. When we are successful we will be a slam hit! I am helping her and I to lose weight and it's working, so that's 2 for my mission. It feels so good to see her enthusiasim.(sp?) Anyways, I tried to tell you just enough to let you know I am working on that mission too, but that's all I can really say about it for 2 reasons. The first and most important one is that I am in no way shape or form trying to advertise any service or program of any kind and I don't want anyone to think I am. This site and all of my friends on here mean way too much to me. Secondly, like I said ealier I'm not in business yet. I have a lot of kinks to work out. When I do, I think it will be the next level of weight loss programs and you can bet your bottom I will be making 3FC well known too. I think this site is one of the best tools out there for people who need to lose weight, I wish I had found it much sooner. If it bopthers anyone that I brought this up, please say so and I will delete it immediately.

Satine- Think about how far you've come. Did you know that when you lose only 4 more pounds you will be one quarter of the way to your goal!!! That's exciting! Don't look at what you haven't done, look at what you have done and what you are doing. Think about how you will feel in a year if you go off program. Then think about how you will feel in year if you stay on program!!! Check out my signature, it really helps me to break things up and have something visual to look forward to, maybe it's something you would want to try, it might help. You seem to smart to just give up girlie, the best thing you did was ask for help and we're here for ya!

As far as weird foods: ( where do i begin)

lettuce sandwhich
mayo sandwhich
buttered bread w/ sugar on it
bread w/ peanut butter and chocolate syrup on it
cool whip by the spoonfuls
that's all I can think of right now.

Sorry this got kinda long,
Lisa
Old 10-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #44  
It is what it is...

Faye - Thanks for the words of encouragement and you are right, I did go back on today after a few weeks of eating whatever, and I am going to walk tonight with hubby so I will start a fresh today...makes sense...

Lisa - and thank you for the way that you put it, it is always hard to look down the road and think "wow, I have 90 pounds to lose"
it seems like it will take forever, but what else would I be doing? Might as well spend the time trying to be healthier....looking at your signature does help put things in perspective...and you are right I have lost quite a bit and there is no need to go back to that weight ( although I am sure that I have gained a few pounds back recently )

Thanks again to you both, I will make a small goal this week and just try to stay OP for 5 days...exercise or not, I think just need to concentrate on staying OP for a while....

Hi to all of you and have a good evening....

Carri
Old 10-13-2003, 06:38 PM   #45  

YAY!!! Yay!! I'm so happy for you Satine!!!

Lisa

Closed Thread