Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 07:58 AM   #76  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Good morning! Wow it's Wednesday!

Momwithdogs- I'm dreading the time change, too! Kids off schedule, I get crabby & tired, ugh! I wonder if it will ever be eliminated?? Sorry to hear your grill was low on gas. Those tanks need sensors- we have had it run out on us too. Frustrating!

Kelijpa- Your food journal looked good. "Fatgirl" doesn't have a chance! Hang in there!! I saw you mentioned that you program your phone with a chime and motivational messages- me too!! The options are limitless with phones now- why not use it for mindfulness and health? Mine dings when its time to pray, exercise, asks me if I walked , asks me to plan dinner at 4 (because if I wait until 5:30- all chaos breaks loose!) and reminds me to do other odd things.

Ronja- you recognized a pattern of eating too much when not home. That's a great first step. Now you can plan and think about how to address it!

GMNEVO- sit with the sick feeling and let that be the first thing you think about the next time you want to overeat. Sounds like stress eating- was the meeting a high-stress gathering? Great job on the TWO WEEK streak!! Let's celebrate that!! You can do it again!

IanG- you stay on your high-fish plan even while travelling- wow- that's dedication! "same ol' sh!t"

ncjane- Nuts are sooo tempting to me, too!! And when I look at a serving size (palm full) it baffles me! I can eat a can! I sometimes presort portions and set them on the table-- that helps a little..

PennyB- We used to have a gym membership but it was getting expensive and there was a feeling of elite-ness, too. I read a quote once that said something like "When runners see other runners they are thinking 1) I wish I was running 2) Cant wait for my next run." So try to think that instead of thinking they are analyzing your body. I try!

Fasting tips-- for me, its all about mindfulness and taking it to the next level of spirit & focus. Fasting can be very very difficult for people with food issues but it is a practice that can bring great mindfulness to flaws, challenges, triggers & temptations. And it does bring out emotions and moods to examine (for me). I find the early morning great for meditation and yoga. Embrace the day. Throughout the day it's all about prayer and really being present & being mindful of how I show-up with my virtues. Pick a prayer to memorize. Think- how can I be of service more? It's not really about food, its about calling myself into account on a spiritual basis. If you plan a fast that isn't spiritually based-- I don't have any experience with that-- because I see the spiritual dynamic essential. What's the quote? "We are spiritual beings having a physical experience"? Fasting helps me realize that!

flower123- ah yes, sodium! Its not even the food calories, its the salt that can ruin a weigh-in. Errr! So much is hidden in foods... frustrating!

WELCOME! sherileeaz, foofoo, mission2lose WELCOME!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:06 AM   #77  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

W-167.3 creeping back down to normal

B-nature valley oats and honey granola bars, banana
L-spring mix, etc.
D-DH is making clam chowder, from the look of the ingredients not low cal...will have to make sure I get in some exercise today
E-shovel snow/ice mix, yoga, maybe . Bike

Teleworking this morning, at least til it warms up, but probably not going in, just need to go in tomorrow and pick up laptop, etc. for the class.

Diana I'm in the same state with TTOM, it finally showed up a couple days ago, had one really rough night, now it's ok, glad it'll be over for travel. It usually shows up about the time I'm convinced it's done forever. Can't wait for that

Flower you do make me smile, planned on eating a lot and succeeded! Your meal sounds great.

Ian glad you got there safe, I like your attitude, going to try for that on my trip, same 'ole

Solar plant and ncjane did you see the video of a bunch of women spinning and making a display light up, pretty cute.

Welcome foofoo and sherileeaz!

Veil we posted at the same time, nice read.

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-04-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #78  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

B-Egg, cheese, fried mushrooms, toast,
cucumber, tomato, feta salad, raspberries

D-LARGE salad and 2 small slices pizza,
1 square of chocolate

W-239 (rarely budges w fasting)
E- 30 minutes on the treadmill

2 major stressors about sent me over the edge yesterday. Collection company called for a medical bill I thought was still in negotiation. %@*#!!! Then, mother-in-law starts texting and texting with question after question about our summer plans & guilt-ing us about how little time she sees us. We already went over this last month... WHY talk about it again?? We think she is having memory issues and anxiety/depression issues so I try to roll with it & be compassionate.. but I found myself standing in front of the fridge SO FRUSTRATED and it took all my energy not to eat a whole box of chocolate, container of ice cream and cinnamon rolls. I had one piece of dove dark and then sat on the couch. I realized I was tired and just called it a day at 9pm.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #79  
Warrior Princess

I'm still around, this thread suddenly got so busy I can't keep up.

Still running almost everyday, still unhappy with my weight on the scale. Something is definitely holding back my progress and I'm pretty sure it's my anti-anxiety meds, if not then I dread that something physical is going on. I will find out soon after I see the doctor Monday. Among other things he's going to run a full Thyroid panel. I really pray it's not that. Anything but that after seeing my Mom go through thyroid cancer. If in the end nothing is physically wrong then I have to deal with a little extra vanity weight because I can't stop my medication. I have also cut out a lot of foods and carbs and still nada. Still too soon to to weigh in on the Phosphawhatever supplement. I still can't pronounce that word.

Of course TOM is almost due again so here we go with the never-ending bloating. Joy. Oh, and I'm constipated so I have to drink caffeinated coffee today which helps me go (sorry TMI) but also makes me bloated.

Gotta love how we take something to cure one thing, and another to combat the side-effect of the first thing, and so on. PITA.

I was looking at these girls on the treadmill that are at the gym all the time and man they are beautifully thin and toned arms. I shouldn't compare but I was so envious. I look at my bat wings and want to cry.

Welcome to my PMS pity party, everyone!

Off to work, have a productive day all.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #80  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Seriously, I need winter done and dusted, lol.

DD has spring break in a few weeks and I am considering a two night trip to Mall of America. Looked into heading to Orlando, but it's the most expensive time to travel south. So, Minneapolis is in the lead, bc who really wants to go to MN in the winter.

Totally understand comparing oneself to others; I am Korean and have always coveted what by nature, I can never have...eyelids conducive to make-up.

I am at a loss, diet wise and have a question for anyone willing to answer. Most will say slow and steady wins the race, it's not a sprint, but a marathon- you get where I am going. However, I just read a journal article which states more success is seen in women how drop weight quickly to start, as the instant gratification is what makes long term weight loss successful.

What do you guys think? Slow and steady is what I am trying, but I wonder if it's a justification not to change, for me. The whole ripping off of the band-aid thing.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Momwithdogs-- not sure. I lost quickly to start and now I can't seem to get it in gear so everyone's path is different. Fast weight loss can have drawbacks like gallbladder effects as well as less serious things like binging. Someone else will be along shortly with more info than I can offer.

Yesterday:1000 cals
This morning:144.4 down 0.6 from yesterday up 1.4 from low
Today: 10 cals of low cal juice so far

Feeling very overwhelmed by the week ahead as today is my Monday. Gonna try to take one thing at a time. I just had four days off and it didn't help. What is wrong with me. I just want to feel energized.

Tomorrow I am meeting with a new therapist. My pdoc is leaving his practice and I'm trying to replace him. I can't really afford therapy and don't desperately need it but I'm researching anyhow.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #82  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome to the thread, Foofoo!

Welcome to the thread, Missiontolose!

Welcome, Sherileeaz!

Flower, your cheat meal sound delicious. Fingers are crossed it doesn't cause too much of a sodium bomb.

Diana, the new bed is great and good to get the cleaning done that comes with it.

Fluffy, hoping the new therapist is a good fit.

Momwithdogs, i wish I had the magic answer for sustainable, rapid weightloss. I could restrict calories and work out like a madwoman back in the day but not anymore. Inching down year after year is the best I can do now.

Veil, financial stress is the worst!! Sorry about the MIL struggles. Good job keeping your food in check despite everything.

Penny, good job getting back to the gym!

Ncjane, spin class is pretty fun once you get past the sore butt. You should try it sometime.

Waving hi to everyone else. whew! Lots of stuff to read now.

W 157.6
B pumpkin oatmeal, strawberries, decaf w milk
L lentil, chickpea soup
D soup again, maybe?
Old 03-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

MomwithDogs - truly some food for thought. I'm rethinking everything, too.
I've been doing a VLC diet for many months but have come to a standstill for months. Been reading up on plateaus and for women, VLC (very low carb) can mess with the hormones for even 6 months after the diet is stopped. Hormone levels are still altered. I'm rethinking everything. It worked but now I think there are diminishing returns. I'm looking at switching everything up like yourself. I'm adding in real food carbs (sweet potatoes, yams, rutabagas, turnips, purple potatoes, etc.) more berries. The low carb thing has not worked for months and I think it's time to listen to what the body is saying.
I don't want to start moving in reverse. So I'm researching...like you.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-04-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #84  

Carb Cycling: The Turbo Cycle
If you want to shed those extra pounds extra fast, the Turbo Cycle is for you. Of the four carb cycles, this cycle takes off weight the fastest. Unlike the Easy and Classic cycles, which alternate low and high-carb days, the Turbo Cycle pits two low-carb days against every high-carb day. That means you’ll burn fat two days in a row before your body’s furnace (metabolism) is re-stoked on your high-carb day, and you’ll lose weight.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-04-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #85  

Carb Cycling: The Fit Cycle

Unlike the other three carb cycles, the Fit Cycle only has two low-carb days per week, and there’s a very important reason for this: The extra high-carb day allows your muscles to absorb more fuel (glycogen), which you’ll need for maximum athletic performance. During your low-carb days, when this supply of glycogen gets depleted, your muscles will develop insulin sensitivity. When you then have a high-carb day or your reward day, these insulin-sensitive muscles will actually soak up more carbs, your body will burn this extra fuel instead of storing it as fat, and you’ll still lose weight.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #86  

Carb Cycling: The Easy Cycle
Do you have a hard time going without your favorite foods, but you still want to lose weight? Then the Easy Cycle is for you. In this cycle you alternate low-carb and high-carb days, and on every single high-carb day you can have a reward meal, as long as that meal isn’t your dinner meal.

Oh brother. Promises, promises, promises.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-04-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #87  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwithdogs View Post
What do you guys think? Slow and steady is what I am trying, but I wonder if it's a justification not to change, for me. The whole ripping off of the band-aid thing.
We really don't have a choice. Some lose fast, others lose slow. If given a choice I think we would all choose fast without consequence...but it slow and steady is best for long term maintenance.

And FWIW, I have always thought Asian women are beautiful. I guess it's all relative. I'm not Asian and twice I've had 2 grown women on Facebook (one went as far as to PM me the insults) making fun of my eyes for slanting downward on the outer edges calling me a basset hound. Nice eh? Can't win. I won't tell you what my reply was.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #88  

So somewhere in all this is a Snoopy Happy Dance.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-04-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #89  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Another day another dollar.

Still not weighing.

For breakfast, I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.

Lunch was provided and only sandwiches, so I had to have those.

Dinner was sardines, anchovies, salmon, cous cous, nuts, shrimp and calimari.

For exercise, I ran 4 miles and did 50 minutes weight training.

Despite the sandwiches, I hope I am losing. When I travel, I eat a little worse but a lot less in portion sizes. That normally plays out well. We shall see when I am back home at the weekend.

But next stop is Sweden. I hear there are fish there...
Old 03-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #90  

Then I read about Ian's success and I want to throw everything I just wrote right out the window. I haven't found that in the pocket protocol. I think I will throw everything right out the window. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm blathering on about nothing but at least I feel like laughing my head off.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-04-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Closed Thread