Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #46  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

omg, this thread is moving so fast! I can't keep up!

Thanks for the welcome Diana, Coolmom (hope you're feeling better), and Flower, and hi and <<hugs>> to Kelijpa, I've missed ya!

Novangel -- I'm always running quite behind on Walking Dead, maybe spoilers can be hidden somehow? It's my favorite show!

<<<Hugs>>> to all my other fellow peeps in this thread putting in the effort in December !

I'm already behind, gah, let's see

Dec 1

B: Coffee with stevia.
L: Giant black bean burrito with veggies and guac and sriracha.
D: Vegetable Korma meal; 1/2 container of taboule.

Dec 2
B: Ezekiel toast with avocado and tomato; coffee with stevia.
L: Small black bean and veg burrito with sriracha.
D: Gardein patty, 1/2 pita pocket, tomato, cabbage, onion, squirt Italian dressing; 1/2 pear.

Dec 3 Monthly weigh-in: 140.6
B: Natty applesauce; Ezekiel toast with natty pb; coffee with stevia.
L: Giant black bean burrito with veggies and guac and sriracha.
D: [planned] Mashed chick pea patty, 1/2 pita pocket, cabbage, tomato, onion; 1/2 taboule container.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-03-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #47  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

hello all!

Mrs Snark I've missed you, too! I love the walking dead, too, we were way behind for awhile, but ended up getting caught up when everything else we watched was in hiatus...

Novangel did you watch breaking bad? That was good, we're watching **** on Wheels now about when they were building the railroad, that's pretty good, too. I sometimes watch Netflix or Huluplus while on the exercise bike.

Syckgirlsfv you left early yesterday, I came in late today, even tho I went to bed early, felt I needed more sleep, so I went back to bed. Hope you're feeling better.

CoolMom hope you're feeling better soon, too, they say getting lots of fluids thins the mucus, sometimes I put a heating pad on my chest, I have one of those rice things you put in the microwave.

I thought I brought sweet potatoes for lunch, but it was cheesy carrots, so that was a bonus, but higher cals. I haven't been taking my vitamin regularly like I was, wonder if that's why this is a painful TTOM.

Ian have fun! Good keeping the next day's workout in mind.

Diana and Flower!

Best to all

Now I'm trying to resist having a cup o noodles, usually not appealing, but the carb craver seems to be in town...

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-03-2014 at 12:26 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #48  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Kelijpa thanks, I came in late this morning, too...not on purpose. One of my cats has a bad habit of running across the top of my clock radio/docking station and she did something so that my alarm didn't go off. Normally I wake up right away only a few minutes late, but this cold has me so tired that I woke up almost an hour late! I must have needed it.

flower I am going to look into that stuff you mentioned, thanks!

I am down another 2 water pounds this morning, and only .2 away from 150 again! I haven't been exercising because of the weather, so I guess my body has just decided to release the water. COOL.

B - belvita biscuits
L - kale salad w/chicken breast
S - organic fuji apple
D - turkey burger on a sandwich thin, jarlsberg lite swiss, broccoli or green beans

have to show up to class tonight to turn in my final and then I think we get to leave. One more week of classes and I'm free for 3 whole weeks!!!!!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 12-03-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #49  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good morning! I'm feeling puny and enjoying the woodstove fire.

W 163.6 (up, up, up!)
B egg on toast
L chicken noodle soup
D roasted veg

Hiddenstar, welcome to the thread!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Good idea on the fluids and heat, kalijpa. This cough is tiring me out!

Have a great day and sending you all some
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 198/177.9/130

Height: 5"5

Default Better Late Then Never....

Starting over again...lol

B.Green Tea
L. Big Mac Meal @ Mcdonalds I did choose Lemonade instead of soda ..baby steps
D.Salad

1 Hour on eliptiacal and another hour on Lateral Machine

Current Weight Up from Oct. now 189.9

Goal 120
180lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #51  

Hiddenstar welcome. Glad you are here. As someone who lives in the frozen tundra of Vermont, There are many days I would LOVE to have the relief of TX warmth. But I do know what you mean. I hope you can take a vacation somewhere where it is snowy.

180lady, welcome back. I am very impressed with all the exercise you did

Coolmom, I am SO sorry to read that you are having bronchial congestion. Sending some healing thoughts your way. with that wood stove it may be important to stay hydrated.

Finch I too would not have been able to resist brownies. Good work keeping the portion size low.

Kelijpa, Hope you had a good day

Mrs Snark, that blackbean burrito sure sounds good.

AmethystJean, I drink Lake champlain chocolates brand cocoa powder ( 20 calories per T) mixed with 2/3 cup of almond milk (20 calories) with approx. 1/2 c water, vanilla and Kal stevia added. Kal stevia is the least objectionable tasting. Took me a while to get used to even that. This is my 40 calorie hot chocolate Congrats on that weight loss. woohooo!

Ian, Salmon and crab cake. ahhhh I sure would love that.

Diana, I hope your day was good. And that you are getting to the bottom of the legal matter.

syckgirlsfv, great that you lost more water weight. You are going to rock that swimsuit in Las Vegas

everyone else

I am trying to reset my eating patterns. Back to where they were last year. Or even earlier this year.
This AM I was 2 lbs above my old default low. I have to lose 2 more lbs. And then maintain it for a couple of weeks without wavering. Then it should be re-established as the default low. This won't be easy to do because I will be baking and cooking fattning food for people on next Tuesday and Thursday
Today:
Hot chocolate and coffee will be 240
L: chicken sausage, plain cabbage and plain lettuce. 260
D will be chicken sausage with salad. 320
S lemon protein ice 80
I plan to do 20 min on the jogging trampoline.
I hope you have a great day. And as Marcel says: "Life's a party. Rock your body"

Last edited by flower123; 12-03-2014 at 06:00 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #52  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I'll have to try making cocoa with stevia. Doubt I'll like it. I know it's not artificial, but it still tastes artificial. Maybe xylitol will work. It has more calories but is still low cal (it's a sugar alcohol).

Overate and have a headache again. Not sure if it's overeating or the salt. But the common denominator with the last time is eating too much. I just didn't want to throw out my salad I made for dinner because I couldn't keep the leftovers.

I had a lot more nuts and seeds than I planned to because they are an okay source of iron and due to the weakness I am feeling (and the fact that my diet tracker tells me I'm chronically lacking). I also had a handful of prunes and a 1/2 hot chocolate 1/2 coffee so my final total is 2000.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #53  

AmethystJean, I hear ya re the stevia. My GI system cannot handle sugar alcohols such as xylitol. But its a great idea for those who can use it. After writing the post above I realized that there are several low calorie cocoa powders for sale. I have to get alkalized cocoa powder. So thats why I get the one I do. Its both alkalized and low calorie.

You said salt gives you a headache. Have you tried Himalyan or Celtic salt? For the past 10 years i have not used anything else. Some people find that they do not produce the same side effects as others, including even sea salt or kosher salt.

Last edited by flower123; 12-03-2014 at 09:46 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

The meeting with the new lawyer was very interesting today. He has a plan, but it seems way to easy. He knows the business, though. I'm going to keep a positive attitude about it all.

AmthystJean Good job on your day and enjoying the lasagna in moderation. Congrats on the 2.4 pounds! Sorry the eating didn't go as planned and you have a headache.

Syckgirlsfv I hope you are feeling better. Great job on the 2 pounds!

Flower Good job working on the cocoa. Hopefully you can find a happy medium that works for you.

Finch
Did you enjoy the boxing class?

CoolMom
I hope you are feeling better.

Hiddenstar
Hi and welcome to the check-in! We are talkers over here, so you won't be alone.

Ian Have fun, if you go out.

Mrs Snark
Good job on your foods and weigh in!

Kelijpa
I hope you are feeling better with TTOM. Are yo going to experiment with the vitamins to see if it makes a difference?

180lady Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Total approx 1400 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
baked chicken 300 calories
carrot salad drained of "juice" (mayo) 100 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
Tae Bo Amped Jump Start Cardio
Old 12-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hi everybody! I have been MIA for months and gained 16 lbs! Back to it! I'm going to enter here my plan for tomorrow and try to stick to it. I have fallen into fast food habits as I take public transportation between students several times during my work day (I teach music in my students' homes all over the city) and temptation is everywhere! I also work evenings and crave a hot dinner that I can't take with me. Tomorrow I'm going to try to make a big change and eat what I can take and /or eat at home before I go. I really am in the habit of eating on the bus which is going to be hard to change because I HATE the bus and we all know how soothing eating is! I am also a latter part of the day eater which probably doesn't help.

Here is my plan
11:30 errands
1:30 soup 250 cals
3:00 make a salad to take to work
4:30 leave for work, eat salad with goat cheese 200 cals
8:30 get home from work buy cheese popcorn
9:30 eat popcorn 300 cals
11:30 veggie juice 180 cals

+ possible coffee with cream
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #57  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Hiddenstar I didn't realize you were on here! I must have gone right past your post...good to see ya I'm hoping to be in the 140s thread soon right along with you, but so far I'm still in the 150s thread. It's quiet there, too.

night all!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

Hello all! Diana, I enjoy my boxing classes almost as much as brownies. I'm stoked to say my cardio fitness is quite good these days thanks to this and all the running :-D. I would definitely recommend both!

Today went well, no sneaky sweet treats:

1150 calories
30 min walk/run
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I didn't add on any yoga last night. I watched Survivor and it was a 2 hour show. It was late and I needed to get to bed after that.

I showed a slight gain this morning. I usually gain with the place we went to eat last night. I'm not sure if it's just the sodium or if their seasoning contains MSG. I wish I wasn't so sensitive that way. Eating there is a compromise with DH. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Calories for yesterday: 1400 + coffee:
Weigh In: 167.8
Up: .6

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-04-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #60  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Coolmom -- hope you're feeling a little better today!

Finch -- I used to take s cardio kickboxing class that was So.Much.Fun! I wish that gym were close to where I am now!

Fluffypuppy -- Sounds like you know exactly what you weaknesses are and have a plan to address them, I'm sure you can do it!

Diana -- hope you made it through your court day ok!

Flower -- you're so close to resetting that default low, you can do it, sending you extra strength for the baking and cooking (eek!)

Ame - hope you ditch the headache soon. It took me a while to get used to stevia, some people find it bitter.

Kelijpa --TWD also my favorite show, but I don't get AMC so I run chronically behind! I suffer so!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 12-04-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote