Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #61  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

No change again today at 175.2lbs.

For breakfast I had sardine fillets, smoked oysters and oats.

For lunch, I cannot remember what I packed but there is smoked sturgeon, baby squid, smoked oysters a crab cake and something else.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes boxing before work. I will do another 60 minutes boxing before lunch and then will *try* to do a hash run after work. It's been some time since I did one of these after I had to abort my last effort due to my sore toe. Hopefully my toe will hold up for this one. I am not trying to run twice in a day like last time, which was stoopid and just asking for trouble.

I bought a coffee maker today. So I am excited about that. It's a proper one.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #62  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning

I'm sick. I hate it. Blah. I'm up a pound of water this morning, and the only reason I can figure is all the extra fluids I'm drinking because my throat is so dry with this cold. And now I can't exercise. oh well. I just had a chocolate cream cheese cupcake made by a lady here at work, and it was probably the best cupcake I've ever had! I felt the need for sugar this morning, probably from being sick.

B - chocolate cream cheese cupcake
S - 2 kiwis
L - coconut chicken curry (thinking the spices will help)
D - garden burger, most likely, with lite jarlsberg

at some point this morning I may still eat my Belvita breakfast biscuits...the extra calories are ok with me today since I need to get better fast. If it gets worse I'll go get a zpack from my doc.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #63  

Will write more later. Woke with no change in the weight. Damn this scale I finally figured out why maintaining has become much more difficult. I am now taking medication for the recently diagnosed genetic defect that causes, amongst many other things malabsorption. So now that I seem to be absorbing food, well, gaining weight becomes an unwelcomed pitfall. Hoping this was not TMI

Coolmom and syckgirlsfv, I hope you both feel better very soon.

Going to write more to people later on today. In the meantime, hoping that everyone has a great Thursday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #64  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Still sick. Darn this cough!

I did not have my dinner as planned and instead made pizza. I went crazy on the pizza for both dinner and then again for breakfast today.

W 163.8
B pizza
D soup

Still not feeling very chatty but sending well wishes to everyone.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 12-04-2014 at 02:15 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

174.4 it will most likely bounce up tomorrow. I think my body likes the 170's Six months now!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #66  
Warrior Princess

Yesterday was crazy busy at work and I'm assuming Friday will be the same. I'm not complaining because it's $$ but I came home exhausted and crashed.

I've been back in the states less than I week and can already feel the sodium bloat returning. :/

Just waiting for DH (finally get to call him my husband ) to come back from the store and I will hit the gym.

Tonight I'm making Italian sausage with roasted bell peppers for dinner.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #67  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Pretty good day today, trying to convince myself to stop eating now, as I feel quite full of sweet potato and half chicken fiesta wrap left over from the going away luncheon for a coworker today...stop I say...

Diana I'm back on the vitamin today, not sure if it's the vitamin or just the natural course of things that has me feeling better, at least I don't feel like crying for no reason, so that's a good thing.

Pretty chilly, so I think I'll start the woodstove back up, it got pretty mild today, but 20s through the night, so off I go.

Ian good luck with the run, hope the toe holds up!

Novangel that's cute you can call him DH now. Congrats!

More later
best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-04-2014 at 05:02 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #68  

Good evening everyone. Doing this 21 day spiritual healing immersion is intense. So it does sometimes keep me from answering posts.

Today i had the monthly meeting with the channeled guide. He told me that the 2 lb weight gain was what my body wants. And it does not want to lose it. Thus the sacle not moving. I feel conflicted. So I drowned my conflict with cocoa Will end the day at about 1100 calories. The important truth is that if i do not lose those 2 lbs i gained, so be it. Optimum health is much more important

Coolmom and Syckgirlsfv, I am so sorry you both are sick. Sycksgirlsfv, have you ever tried homeopathics for a cold? There is a good popular one called coldcalm by boiron, if you are interested. Its a combo. Might help. i do not know. someone today mentioned that it works well for her. And I have it in my homeopathic bag/pillowcase.

The spiritual healing immersion i am doing ends on Tuesday night. So I suppose things will calm down a bit after that. Sure hope so. Sending best to all. As Marcel says "lint is a shell's best friend". Words I personally live by.

Last edited by flower123; 12-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Fluffypuppy Hi and welcome back! I'm sorry about the gain but at least you are working on it.

Finch I love kickboxing and boxing and also think they are great cardio workouts. In fact they are great for toning, too. Kickboxing is a full body workout. Great job on avoiding the sweet treats.

Mrs. Snark
Hi

Ian Have fun at the hash run!

Syckgirlsfv Do you have a cold or the flu? Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope you feel better soon.

Flower
Hi I hope you can find a happy medium with the new med and maintaining. Maintaining is tricky in the first place, without the added complication. I hope the spiritual healing continues to go well.

CoolMom
Sending healing thoughts your way. Feel better soon.

Lotsakids Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Novangel Way to go on the extra work and money!

KelijpaStill no TTOM for me. But the last couple of days I have felt more tired than usual. Not sure what's going on with me. Our house is 71* naturally right now and I'm chilly. I would freeze to death where you are.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-04-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total approx 1500 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
small side salad w/light vinaigrette 100 calories
grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
Tae Bo Amped Express Cardio
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hi everyone!
Flower--excuse my ignorance but what is a spiritual healing immersion? Just curious. Sounds intense

Novangel--where were you living outside of the States? Sorry I've been out of the loop

Well posting my planned intake last night really worked for today! I stuck to it 100%! It is 9pm and I'm only at 900cals! This is good cuz I tend to have a late snack as I am a night owl.

157.4lbs this am. Yay below the obese BMI magic line!

Plan for tomorrow:
11:30 am coffee with cream 30 cals
1pm cream of mushroom soup 200 cals
2pm Dr. Apt and plan to start reducing depression meds!
4pm salad with goat cheese 200 cals, lean Italian meatballs 160 cals
5:30 pm leave for work
6:45 my students' recital!
9 pm home
9:30 cheese popcorn 300 cals
11:30 pm veggie juice 180 cals
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hi Diana! Thanks for the welcome back!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #73  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Hi all,

Pretty good day. Went to the dentist, so I didn't want to eat just before. Had a shake for breakfast blended with half a banana (can't do it straight ugh). Lunch was very late after the dentist and I just had a big snack of carrots and hummus. Ran back out to drop off a food order and go to the grocery store. Stopped at the coffee shop and had a gluten free vegan pumpkin bread. So much for no treats until Christmas. My friend was supposed to meet me and we usually split a treat, but I kind of felt entitled, like that was my plan and I was going to follow through whether she bailed or not.

On the plus side, I came home with no time to spare to get to the zumba class at the gym (which would normally be enough excuse) but I changed and went anyway. Not only did I do zumba, I did bootcamp after. OMG I'm out of shape! I may be strong (330 lb leg press last week!) but I've lost my conditioning.

My caloriecount says I burned 1000 calories between the walking and classes, but those numbers are lower than my HR monitor normally shows for zumba (I don't know about the second one because it's new, but I was working harder than zumba!) So I think it's more like 1200 cal burn! Way over my 500 cal goal. Net today of -1400 cal. I can't wait to get on the scale in the morning. This morning's minor increase should be gone.

And look, I got a siggy....and now people can PM me whooo hooo!
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:54 AM   #74  

Diana you wanted to buy a good bathroom scale? This is the one I found. Has more than 15 thousand reviews on Amazon. Amazon has it listed as #1 best seller. Good enough for me. http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci.../dp/B001KXZ808
I do hope that things are as simple with this attorney as he says they will be.
I had to laugh both times you wrote that you hope I will find a happy medium. The woman who channels the guide is fairly happy. So yes And thanks, I am hoping the zinc does help.

Fluffypuppy a fluffy to you. How wonderful that you are a music teacher. And how horrible it is that you are stuck taking transportation you do not like. Great meal plan you wrote. You can do it ! You asked what a Spiritual Immersion is. I think the guy who offers them named it himeself. Its basically a 21 day intensive clearing. Generic spiritual in nature. No religion or dogma. Clearing a lot of old. And opening to whatever you want in life. 7,200 people from all over the world signed up for it this time. The guy who does it is impressive. What instrument do you teach?

Finch, way to go with the workouts. Boxing and running? what a combo. You rock.

Mrs Snark

Ian, hope your toe is doing better tomorrow. Congrats on the new coffee maker

lotsakids nice to meet you

Novangel A DH and Italian sausage with peppers. How much better can it get?

Kelijpa, so glad you are feeling better. Glad the vitamins seem to help. I hope you stay warm. Going down to 14 F here.

AmethystJean, congrats on the siggy and ability to pm. You have fully arrived
You are awesome with all the exercising you did. I am SO impressed.

I finally had the energy to write to everyone. So "I struck while the iron was hot". Today I had about 1080 calories. Only managed to eek out 10 min. on the jogging trampoline. I had more cocoa than the previous 2 days. Figured that since I was stuck at a certain weight I might as well eat more. Especially since the channeled guide ( and "happy medium") said my body doesnt really want to go as low as I was. I still am hoping to lose them. My pants fit better without those 2. But will be okay either way.
I hope everyone has a great Friday and that Coolmom and Syckgirlsfv are both feeling better.

Last edited by flower123; 12-05-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

Hi Guys!

At 1230 calories today, not too bad. No formal exercise though :-/

Diana, yes, they're both fantastic workouts, although I've tried kickboxing and I'm too uncoordinated to use both hands and feet haha!

Flower- thank you, I've come a long way since bring the most unfit person I know. I'd like to add weights to my routine in the new year, then I'd be killing it :-) you've got a great attitude towards overall health, too.
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote