Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Yesterday I really blew my diet away!! I attended my grandson's HS Graduation party and I kind of lost my normal control. Had sub sandwich, ice cream cake, chili and everything else in sight that was not good for me!!

The bottom line was I consumed 2205 calories which is 705 over my plan. However my sodium intake was a real disaster. My plan is for 2000 mg and I consumed a whopping 5365 mg which is 3365 mg over plan. As I sit here typing I can feel my swollen ankles. The skin feels tight on them.

Now I have to decide what to do today? I am inclined to cut my calories today by the amount that I was over yesterday so that the two day average would be on plan. Sodium could not be done that way by cutting since I was over by 3365 and my plan is 2000 I cannot cut 3365 out??

I would appreciate suggestions from my supportive friends on this thread. What do you suggest that I do to get back on track?

Larry,

Larry, this is the first time I've seen you go substantially off plan in the 3 months I've been on this board. The best plan to get back on track is to get back on track. 700 calories? That's nothing! Really, that means you might lose 0.2 lbs less than you might have otherwise. Not only that, but think of all the times you've been under your calories. Don't you think you can retroactively average these calories out? The point of this journey is to be healthier and in the meantime lose weight, not to eat the bare minimum possible to survive. Also, 2200 calories? Is probably below your maintenance level.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It was a totally normal celebration, and you don't need to do anything different to atone for it.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #17  
wants to walk away 200lbs

S/C/G: 350 -last time I found a scale

Height: 5'7"

Last week I fell 17 min short (due to rain) of my 5 -7 hrs a week walking walking goal, but I changed up the route and will now be doing 1 hr in the Am instead of 22 min so I am moving onward and upward with a new 7-10hr goal for this week. As for food I just want to make the best choices, I am not feeling inclined to *count* anything.

Larry: What I am reading into your post is sounds like you want to punish yourself for falling off the wagon. Does this work for you, or will you mess up later rebelling to the self imposed punishment? (only you know the answer to this)

If you really want to even out the numbers why not take a gentle approach cut out 100 a day for the next 7 days, you could do the same with sodium 480mg/day but would probably do better to just drink extra water to wash it away and maybe "half it" until your skin does not feel so tight.

Personally, feeling like crap, (physically) is enough punishment for my bad choices and I'd just pick myself up brush my self off and move on.

Last edited by fatgyrl; 06-27-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: afterthought
fatgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #18  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Larry, this is the first time I've seen you go substantially off plan in the 3 months I've been on this board. The best plan to get back on track is to get back on track. 700 calories? That's nothing! Really, that means you might lose 0.2 lbs less than you might have otherwise. Not only that, but think of all the times you've been under your calories. Don't you think you can retroactively average these calories out? The point of this journey is to be healthier and in the meantime lose weight, not to eat the bare minimum possible to survive. Also, 2200 calories? Is probably below your maintenance level.

Please don't beat yourself up over this. It was a totally normal celebration, and you don't need to do anything different to atone for it.
Agree with Zoodoo. Otherwise you are punishing yourself and that is not what this is about. You had a higher calorie day. So what? In the scheme of things. Some days are like that and you definitely space them FAR apart, so don't sweat it!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #19  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Accidentally missed breakfast this morning before Zumba. I don't want to do that again. Not eating for 14 hours and then exercising hard? Not smart!

I woke up at 7:30 am and took my thyroid medicine. Then I had to wait an hour before eating. I was just planning a protein shake and an apple with peanut butter, but I ran out of time while getting my son ready this morning. I mean to at least grab a protein shake, but forgot on the way out the door. Ugh... Not recommended! I don't know how people do that on a completely empty stomach on a regular basis!

My arms are a bit sore from all the shrub trimming yesterday too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

zoodoo613: So sorry to hear about your friend with cancer – she is young like you said, so she probably has a great outlook and chance of beating it! On a happier note, a friend of mine just finished her last round of radiation on Friday after battling the same disease for 9 months – there is hope! Also, WTG on preparing those meals and planning ahead! I find that to be the best option for me, because when I don’t plan I usually end up going for “quick” options – unhealthy snacks or fast food. Kudos!

alaskanlaughter: YAY on getting that bike fixed! Bears?! Jeez, that’s intense. Be safe out there! And congrats on the surprise weight loss – sleep is apparently exercise! Told ya so mom.

sukale: Hello and welcome! That sounds like a great plan, and I love Leslie Sansone!

K9Owner: Hey, everybody is allowed to splurge every once in a while. As they say, as long as you don’t use this as an excuse to stop your plan and give up, it’s nothing to worry about. Everybody can fall off plan; not everybody can hoist themselves back up and get back on track. Good luck to you, and don’t beat yourself up! Pizza is good, wine is good, we just have to have them in moderation.

jeniansmom: Hello and nice to meet you! Oh a raw food diet, good luck! I’m not a big fan of nuts so I could never healthily invest in that type of diet. Let us know how you do!

Diana3271: “I didn’t want it to go bad.” Hahahaha I’ll be sure to use this line when I’m “of age” to drink wine

berryblondeboys: YAY You are soooo close to onederland! Keep going girlfriend! And good luck in BodyPump… that sounds like something you can handle though!

amy3469: Keep up the good work! I need to invest in a stationary bike one of these days… they’re quieter than the treadmill for home and you can watch TV while you work out! Perfect!

abbysue715: I like your “New day, new choice to make” saying! That is so true!! Good luck staying on plan this week, you can do it!

mamakat: Your message to zoodoo613 really touched me. Everything you said was so applicable to my life, and I’m sure to lots of people on this thread. Thanks for the inspiration! And great job on the weight loss and your goals for this week.

LarryH: Drink LOTS of water to curb your sodium indulgence. As for the calorie indulgence, I would say just monitor yourself and make sure to stay on plan for the rest of the week until you are “back to normal.” And listen to zoodoo613! She knows what she speaks!

I updated yesterday in the last thread, and I haven’t eaten anything as of today (I usually like to eat my Nutrigrain bar around 9:30 to 10:00 so that I am less hungry for lunch time), but I’ll update tonight with more personals! It looks like everyone is doing a great job, I’m proud of all of you! Let’s have a great day today!!
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #21  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning....my weight bounced up a little this morning, i always see a new low, then bounce up, then settle back down again...i wont officially weigh myself til the 5th but i track it on our home scale, which reads 3 pounds higher than the scale i officially weigh on at my doctor's office once a month...i'm sure it's partly because of the exercise yesterday too, its been awhile since i was able to get out on the bike

there are alot of black bears around here and, although it's a populated area, there are still lots of trees and undergrowth all around the homes...we also live close to the glacier and the glacier's lake and streams...also live near the mountains, on the edge of the coast in the rainforest...black bears are everywhere...they are like larger, more dangerous raccoons...they get into your garbage, they wander past your house at night, they are all over the place....you have to store garbage inside or in a bear-proof container (which bears just treat like big challenges anyhow)....i once had a bear tip over a HUGE heavy bear-proof box, tip it right into my car out in my driveway and put a scrape on my car from it...he didn't get it open but damaged it enough that we couldn't use it anymore...

i'll tell you a good story sometime about the 500-pound black bear that got through our front door one night too
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 262/ 218/ 175

Height: 5'4

Have a low blood sugar of 58. So I am eating some pretzels to bring it up a little. There aren't to many carbs in my salad, just a few from the strawberries. I will have to wait a while now to do my exercise video when my sugar goes back up, so maybe around 3pm.
sukale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #23  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I am awake for a solemn moment (I hope), then it’s back to bed for me.

First of all, thank you all so much for your support. I still feel like I need a kick in the pants! I just keep asking myself how I could be so foolish!!

Hi Elizabeth

Melissa
: You probably felt in a similar way I did when I attempted Tennis after 3 weeks of detoxing from processed carbs. NOT good! Glad you got it in though. Great job!!

Fatgyrl: Sending you some : to make it through you walking goal. You can do it!

Zoodoo: on 20 lbs!! That’s awesome! My DH keeps a more tidy house too. Prayers sent for your friend.

Alaskan: You crack me up speaking! Frigid temps, water games in 60F weather, now biking with the bears…that would make an awesome headline in Memphis!

Hi Sukale

Jen: Best of luck detoxing. I feel like I need to get back on that boat after this weekend!!

Amy: Good luck with your weigh-in after TOM leaves. I’ll be so glad when he leaves my house!

AbbySue: sent to you to help you stay on plan. We can do this!!

MamaKat
: I typically don’t order pizza—much less 2 of them! Perhaps you missed the pre-emptive instigator—(coughs) my judgment was impaired with an entire bottle of Merlot! I seriously doubt I would have done this if I had not been, well..to be honest…intoxicated! Hopefully that is out of my system for at least a month or 2. Usually that’s how it is for me.
on not gaining after a yummi treat!

Larry: NO doubt you will see a gain after all that sodium since your MD has declared you “Sodium Sensitive”. I’m not as worried about the cals as I am about the Na++ intake. Be careful with the amount of fluid you’re drinking, as the Na++ will absorb it and cause you to become super edematous!
for you to help you get back on plan!

Hi Diana
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Well this past weekend was my bestfriend's wedding I was trying to lose weight for. My bridesmaid dress needed altering and safety pins to keep my boobs from falling out the dress. When I weighed myself this morning I was 151, 12 pounds lost total since May9. The goal is to loose 30 total so only 20 to go.

I hope everyone is well. I know I'v been slightly MIA since I've been traveling and fairly busy with work.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/215/130

Height: 5'7''

I just started last Friday on my diet and I was honestly shocked to see a 5 lbs difference on my scale. I checked it before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning and it's staying right around 210-211 lbs. I started at 215! I suppose this is the water weight coming off but it's still shocking to see 5lbs difference in only 4 days of diet and exercise.

Nevertheless, whatever I am doing is working for me so I'm going to keep this up!

My meals normally consist of:

B - Protein Shake
L - Baked chicken with veggies
S - Popcorn
D - Tilapia fish with veggies
S - Yogurt with blueberries, oats and honey

I've been walking/jogging three times a day with my dog, along with 30 mins to an hour of Strength training or Yoga in the afternoon.

So far, so good
exjordanaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #26  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, not a good day. i haven't been getting much sleep lately because I think my daughter is teething again. She's up almost every hour. We actually slept a good bit together in the rocker because I fell asleep rocking her lol! So we napped a lot today and so I missed breakfast and going to the gym. Lunch was a piece of thin crust veggie lovers pizza with half the cheese. I guess that 267 was a fluke but I'm still in the 260's at 269.4. Have a good day, everyone.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 168.6/162.4/140

Height: 5"5

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a decent day.
I am beating myself up, I think I screwed up my day

20 minutes on the s. bike = 8 miles in the morning
Breakfast: banana and a vanilla carb. yogurt.. 60 cal.

20 minutes on the s. bike at lunchtime = 8 miles again
Lunch: a banana

Dinner: sesame chicken, 1/2 cup white rice, and way too much sweet and sour chicken (without the sauce)
While eating the Chinese food I was thinking, "wow Amy, this probably isn't a good idea"!

Have had 12 - 8 ounce glasses of water so far. Will try to get in 2-3 more tonight.
I could kick myself or not just having a salad with chicken and then later a snack. Chinese just wasn't a smart choice, I'm betting.
I put it in MyFitnesspal to check calories, it looks like I was under 1200 for the day and then with exercise I still was allowed another 750. But, I'm not sure I have an accurate count for the chinese, it's a local restaraunt, and my portions may have been off some. I don't know...
amy3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #28  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

if this works, these are pics i took of myself today, just to have something to compare with....for what it's worth, this is what i look like at about 205

2222me 205.jpg

2222me2 205.jpg
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #29  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Argg, I hate that it's so easy to lose what we are working on!

Good Evening My Friends,
I decided to extend my biking to 40mins bringing me around 11 miles a day. I figured if I missed a day I would make it up by the added miles. It can't hurt right?

berry I hate taking those pills in the morning. It sucks on the weekend when DH wants to eat the moment I wake up. I keep a nuts in my car so that if I am running out quick or I forget I have back up. I can not move without food.

Larry you have been so good for so long don't beat yourself up over this one day. It was a celebration, not something you should feel guilty about. Just get back on track and keep watch of that salt!

fatgyrl that sounds like a lot of walking...wow, I wish I could walk that much. Keep us posted how well that is going.

alaskan that IS a lot of bears. That is crazy. We have opossums here that scare me enough to screech like a ninny. I could not imagine bears. Be careful.

sukale I hope you get to your exercise. Be careful.

krystal I did see you mention the wine, but I hate to mention anything about alcohol in fear I might say something wrong. I know how wine/any alcohol can make you want the munchies I stay far far away from alcohol.

Rachel great job on the loss

exjordan great job on the start and 5 pounds.

shish I miss those baby moments.

I hope you all have a good and healthy evening.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 262/ 218/ 175

Height: 5'4

Well Today was my 3rd day of doing the 2 miles. It looks like I need to adjust my insulin pump. I had too many lows today. But here is what I actually had today

B Special K protein bar
S pretzels to bring up my blood sugar
L spinach salad with strawberries and some chicken
Did my 2 miles with Leslie
D oatmeal sugar was down and had to eat something fast
S still low blood sugar so I ate a 4 pack of peanut butter crackers

Exercise really helps keep blood sugar down. So now that I am really doing the 2 miles I need to remember to take less insulin.
sukale is offline   Reply With Quote