Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Iamerican Ripped in 30 feels easy on level 1, but I have already finished 30 Days Shred, so I have some stamnia to cope with another Jillian DVD. Ripped has four levels, each intended to be done for 6 days and followed by a day off. All the moves are different from shred, so there's no repetition.
My calorie burn from shred is 200, while for ripped in 30 it's 250.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 06-30-2011 at 01:12 AM.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #137  

Morning all! I am up way to early today, but I woke up at 6 and couldn't fall back to sleep , funny though I still feel pretty tired.
My scale was kind to me today, 181.8 which is down 1.2 from yesterday, but I had no formal dinner due to the purse party, so I am sure that is part of it. I did eat one mini slice of a medium pizza before I left (from my son's party) and then I had two small glasses of "beer margarita" (awesome) while there. I was so busy catching up with my old work buddies that I didn't even eat anything. There were some good options, fruit salad, veggie try, etc, but I just didn't get there. Once I got home at 9, I just decided to skip dinner. We will see what happens tomorrow.
Yesterday, got my walk in with my friend, 1 hour and the rest of the day I was cleaning up and getting things ready for DS party.
Today, I am going on my walk soon here and other than that, I will probably either go for a bikeride or swim. We have another double header tonight, out of town this time so I have to see how the day goes. May end up being just a walk day again, but at least it is something and I am not sitting around on my bum all day!
Have a great day everyone, one good decision after another!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #138  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Weigh In: 144.4 (TTOM)
Up: .2

I am up a total of 1.2 pounds, so far, from TTOM.

TTOM is still lurking around. Although, it appears that it will be exiting the building soon. Got my toes and fingers crossed on this one, that it's gone by tomorrow.

I met my goal this month of staying within my maintenance range!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 168.6/162.4/140

Height: 5"5

Morning! Still not feeling right. I didn't do my ride this morning, 1st time in 10 days But, hope to this afternoon.

Down 2#, yay!

Breakfast: Carbmaster yogurt = 60 cal.
Lunch: Carbmaster yogurt = 60 cal.
Not sure on dinner yet, probably chicken breast and salad.

Have a great day!
amy3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #140  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I LOVE this time of the month! Down 1.6 from yesterday to my new low of 198.0. And I have sore muscles (slightly) from yesterday's workout).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Monthly wrap up!

Today's weigh in: 196.4
5/31 weigh in: 204.0
Down: 7.6.

Yeah, I'm happy about it. After May's slow loss, I thought that might be the way it was from here on out. And it may well be! I probably just got lucky time-wise and get to credit June with 2 whooshes, but I'll take it. Those drops are such motivators. But now my weight stayed the same between yesterday and today, and I guess I'd better settle in for the slog of losing weight with the scale bouncing along, instead of this exciting, smooth downward pattern.

I thought about riding my bike to work for a third day in a row, but I just couldn't get myself out the door in time. Small NSV today. At the beginning of the month I bought some pants from Walmart in the same brand/style/size as pants I'd bought the week before, just in a different color. I got them home and they didn't fit. Laying them one on top of the other, I could see that the second pair was substantially smaller than the first. I was annoyed, but I don't go to Walmart much and never got around to returning them. Well, they fit now!

Had a scrumptious veggie feast last night. I had some potatoes that I need to use, and told my husband that I planned on roasting them with herbs from my herb pots. He suggested asparagus to go with them, and I just expanded on the idea. So dinner was roasted herbed potatoes, roasted fennel, steamed asparagus and glazed carrots. It was such a pretty plate! And my husband got my son to finally try asparagus by telling him what it did to your pee. Too tempting not to try!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #142  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I lost 3.2 lbs this month. Would've been 5.2 if TOM didn't give me this bag of water to hold until he gets here!

Bringing my friend to the airport today so half day at work for me!!!

BRING ON JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #143  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All,
I haven't been feeling well and can't figure out what it is. I'd say it was TOM but I don't have those so I have no idea. I haven't ridden my bike in 2 days but I have been watching my calories. Krystal, I love my oats in the morning too. I was told I had Celiac's Disease last year so no more breads and cereals, but then I found out if it's steal cut I can have oats. Yay me. I had so many stinking procedures last year to find out if it were true as far as Celiac's or any other intestinal problems. I'm clean. So why does my tummy hurt I met my 5lbs loss for the month. So all is good.
To all who lost weight this week...Awesome!
Amy I hope you start feeling better soon
darius its good to see you!

Not only am I having tummy trouble, my hip has decided to be a pain (literally) so I don't know when I'll hop on my bike again. I have my kids doing the chores (I fold the laundry while they run up and down stairs for me ). See I'm doing my part! Husband is taking tomorrow off for the 3 day weekend making it 4 days. We have no plans so I have no idea why he wants to stay home.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend.

Last edited by mamakat; 06-30-2011 at 11:21 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #144  
BlockHead =)

Yesterday was a better day. 1660 cals and 134g carbs. The carbs are HARD and a big problem for my blood sugar. But I am happy with the day overall.

Signed up for a 10lb loss by Aug. 1st challenge so hopefully having a goal will help keep me on track and motivated.

Not going in to work til the afternoon, so backtracking and reading some of the earlier posts in the thread.

zoodoo: just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what you are going through but also very impressed and inspired at how well you are doing through it all. I have a history of letting tough times in life derail my health efforts. And congrats on all the milestones and I love the bike story! oh and haha about asparagus last night...and your dinner sounds soooo yummy

abbysue: great job getting back on plan after the weekend. And I'm glad you enjoyed the first time away from the little one. My "little one" is 13 now but I still clearly remember the first outing without him. And thanks for the encouraging words. Every time things start to calm down I start to get back to taking care of me and vow that next time I won't go off track. Hopefully I will handle the next of life curve balls better Congrats on going to your first OA meeting. That is a big step!

jomatho: great attitude about your goal weight. And I know just how you feel about your cycle..I am in the getting close to TTOM slump and know that when it's over I will have a big energy burst.

Diana: you are such an inspiration! And thanks for asking about DH's foot. It's better, not great, getting some custom orthotics from my work (he has extremely flat feet) and he finally found a new pcp and has an appt today. At least the xray showed no fracture, just old Arthur setting in.

Larry: great job getting back on track!

Melissa: congratulations! Such an accomplishment!

Blinky: sorry about your FIL and for the accompanying drama..great job getting back on track.

SMESS: great job on the WL so far, and thanks so much for the words of encouragement

K9: great job getting back on track after the weekend and thanks for the WillPowerDust hehe

About the discussion about personals/not always having time for them... I find myself wishing for a "Like" button like on facebook hehe

elizabeth: hugs to you.

alaskan: love your stories, sounds like you live in a beautiful place! i have found that most sugar alcohols affect my bs the same as regular sugar..boo for me since i have such a sweet tooth. sorry about your sister, but glad for her and for you that you can be there for her.

Going to go drink some water, move a little, get in the shower and head to work.

Happy, healthy day to all.
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #145  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning...i was losing at a respectable pace last week but it seems to be bouncing up again this week *sigh* my eating is still on track, if not better than last week so i don't know...i officially weigh on the 5th so hoping to keep it under 208 so i can show a loss for this month

still rainy today...not much else going on, just home with all the children again today...im tired too, slept better though last night because our son wasnt in bed with us lol

Last edited by alaskanlaughter; 06-30-2011 at 12:31 PM.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 317/273/130

Yuck. Five pound gain in three days. When I'm not feeling my best mentally, I have a hard time fighting off the "I must eat everything is sight" feeling. Today has been the same but I've made myself eat better foods. Wish me luck for the rest of the day and especially the night. If I can make it through one day, I think I will do better tomorrow.
Redgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

shiskeberry I have to be VERY specific with the grocery list when DH goes or else he comes home with whatever he wants plus whatever is on sale. He had gastric bypass a few years ago so he can pretty much eat whatever he wants and has built in portion control. He cant quite remember its not that easy for me!

still WOOHOO! Good job. I'm glad your TTOM was nice to you!

Isabella You are only going to be a college kid once!

Alaskanlaughter I dont know that I could ever have ZERO appetite!

serbrider We live we learn. Good job holding yourself accountable! And I am amazed at how many calories are in fast food!

Sukale Incorporating fruits and veggies has been the hardest adjustment for me. I promise it gets easier!

Amy I hope you are feeling better!

K9 YAY! for perfectly on plan days!!!

jomatho Im glad you got to see your friends! Occasions like that with snacks out everywhere are REALLY hard on me. Way to go not to overindulge!

Diana Do you ever not meet your goals? You are such an inspiration.

Melissa I love that sore feeling you get from a really good workout!

Zoodoo Thats AWESOME!!!!

Vixsin Woohoo for 3.2 and WOOHOO for half days!!!!

mamakat I hope you start to feel better soon!

Jen Thats a huge improvement!! Highly processed carbs are my biggest enemy on this adventure. I have to learn to just say no. Its so hard though, they are so darn tasty! I wish vegetables tasted that delicious!

redgrl I feel the same way! Thats the first thing I do when I'm upset or in any state of extreme emotion. Head to the kitchen, that will solve everything...WRONG! For some reason I am programmed that way. Working on the reprogramming but its a HARD HARD thing for me to feel my feelings instead of eat them. They just taste better than they feel.

Yesterday was ok as far as food goes. This week is a eat whatever we can make with whats in the fridge/freezer/pantry week so I am not eating as clean as I want to but we won't be able to go shopping again until Tuesday. It is what it is. Got to make the most of it.
B;Uncle sam cereal and 2% milk
S; 2 pineapple rings and 4 pear slices
L; 2 ff hot dogs,2 slices pineapple, 4 pear slices, baked chips, hot cheese stick
S; yogurt and grapenuts
D; spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and 1 slice of garlic bread.

Attempted to workout again today. 3rd day in a row with this video! However 16 minutes into it the baby woke up. Everyone is down for naps now so I am going to go finish the rest of the video before they wake up!

Have a great day everyone!!!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #148  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

o-m-g! i just read the label on my container of protein powder, the second ingredient is fructose! and there are 17 carbs in 3 tablespoons! HOW did i manage to miss that when i bought the thing? the previous container i bought (different brand) had only 3 carbs in a few tblsps....ugh! did i just think they all had the same carbs? did i forget to read the label before buying? i doubt i just FORGOT the carb content! HOW did i do that? *sigh*

so my carb counts have been off the last few weeks *grrr* i am going to the store TONIGHT to buy a container of protein powder with better ingredients and a better carb count...i drank the smoothie that i'd already made with it today...because as i was blending it i was absently reading labels...then i saw that and went O-M-G!...so i factored it correctly into my carb count and will NOT make that mistake again
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 262/ 218/ 175

Height: 5'4

There is no way I am doing my walk with Leslie today. I just got back from shopping at the mall for 4 solid hours with the 2 kids. The 3 yr old need PJ's and the 12 yr old just loves being at the mall for anything, LOL. I know it's a little early but we got some schools clothes. American Eagle has their hoodies and pull over hoodies on sale for $9.99 Bath and Body had a bunch of the regular size bottles of lotion for 75% off too. At Sears the 3 yr old got a pair of Levis for $3, a little white sweater for $2 and a spaghetti strapped dress for $3.

Anyway here is what I ate so far today.

B 6pk of peanut butter crackers
L me and the 3 yr old shared a slice of cheese pizza and a bread stick at the mall

I am to tired to even think about dinner but I know the kids will be ready to eat soon. Thinking about making some broccoli and pasta.

Last edited by sukale; 06-30-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: I can't spell, LOL
sukale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Zoodoo613 Congrats
Abbysue715 I'm only a collegekid once, but my lifestyle change is more important to me.

Today I ate 1303 calories.
I'm moving tomorrow, so I'm pretty stressed out right now. I'm so looking forward to settling into my new place. I've had to avoid buying anything special in the last month, so I don't get more stuff to add to the moving load.
I've long wanted to purchase hand weights, but haven't had the space. Once I settle in to my new place, I get to finally buy weights. Waterbottles start to lose efficiency after a while.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote