Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

Welcome mlgibson!

Larry & Diana, thanks! My ankles are back to normal! I find that even if I'm perfect on plan-without proper sleep I don't see good results.

So, back to the gym tomorrow! Big bike ride planned w/ DH on Saturday and maybe some garage sale hunting!
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Mlgibson: Don't beat yourself up over a few days on the same weight, especially in the 170's. It doesn't mean anything.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I woke up an hour earlier than the alarm clock. I tend to have sleep issues during TTOM. I'm thinking positive, I still got 7 hours of sleep, which is not bad. Some people don't even get 7 hours on a good day. So I will take it! I think the water weight gain from TTOM has finally caught up with me, since I was up this morning on the scale.

Weigh In: 144.2
Up: 1 pound (TTOM)

Serbrider Hi and Welcome Back! Good to see you.

K9 Great job on your day. I hear you on kicking TTOM's butt! I had 2 visits this month from him for some reason. I am done! Please move on!

Smess You did very well. Especially being faced with an Italian restaurant! Great job.

IsabellaOlivia Hi

Alaskanlaughter I think most sugar free candy contains sugar alcohol. I think it can cause gastrointestinal problems. I hope you feel better this morning.

Mlgibson Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Blinky I'm glad the swelling has gone down. That's an uncomfortable feeling.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-29-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #94  
BlockHead =)

hmm..time to speak the truth to myself.
Yesterday was a day that i ate like I normally eat. Meaning I didn't binge but I wasn't making good choices at all. Just eating what was easy and what I wanted without thinking about it's value for my body. It was a bit worse than usual b/c I ate take out for 2 meals, but still. It was a day of the kind that has been keeping me at 266 for months.
I just counted my cals and carbs...and here is my truth..3600 calories and 406g carbs.
For now, I am just going to start there. Be conscious of my choices and speak the truth to myself about what I am putting into my body.

I wish a happy, healthy day to all
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #95  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, it stuck! (for now! LOL) 199.6 this morning! Woohoo!

I went to sign up for BodyStep last night and I saw that BodyPump (the class following it) still had openings, so I signed up for that too. I think I'm a bit crazy because BodyStep REALLLLLLLY pushes me to my max, but I figurered the first time I do bodyPump I should be concentrating on form and learning about what it is and how it goes with very little weight, so maybe I won't die? 2 hours of exercise in a row is something I've never done formally since I was a teenager on Swim team. Yes, I can work in my yard for hours and hours, but this is quite different.

Eek! Plus, weight training might make me hold water, but if it does, I will NOT freak out because I will know it's just water and temporary.

On Friday they don't double them up like that. I'll have to find another time to take it as I'm pretty sure once a week isn't very helpful!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 168.6/162.4/140

Height: 5"5

Morning all! Hi Mlgibson! This thread is great, you'll love it!

Did 20 minutes on the s.bike this morning. Hopefully will get another 20-30 minutes in, but might not. Busy, crazy day today.
Breakfast: Carb yogurt, banana
Lunch will be yogurt and an apple
Dinner:..... not sure!

I'll drink my water, and be careful.
Weighed this morning, the scale was the same, which bummed me out. It probably shouldn't though, just finished TOM. But, I did put on a pair of dress pants this morning for work that fit great! 2 weeks ago, they were too tight. So, that made me feel better!
Have a great day everyone! Be back later.
amy3469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #97  

Good morning! Well, guess who is finally back to 183 after about a week and a half of clawing tooth and nail to get there? I do have to admit that I was secretly hoping to just bypass it totally to a new low because I felt so much thinner when I woke up this morning, but hey I made it back and now I can concentrate on getting to the 170s.
Yesterday, I went for my walk with my friend and then came back and got on the treadmill for 2 miles running. I also ran around a lot yesterday so I burned some good calories. Eating was on plan.
Today, going for a walk here shortly and then I have to get the house and pool ready because my son in having some friends over for a little gathering. He will help me when he wakes up, but most of it I will do.
Then tonight, my friend invited me to a purse party that I am going to try to go to as long as DH gets home in time because I don't want to leave those teenagers here alone, that could be a disaster.
K9, yes still running, just not every day and not to the extent I was last month. My ticker was a May goal of 80 miles (which I achieved, yay me). There are so many options for exercise now that the weather is nicer, so I am mixing it up more now, but I totally know what you mean about the runners high, nothing like it and that sweat dripping uncontrollably down your face and neck, love it!!!
I have to go, sorry still not enough time for personals, but I do enjoy reading everyones successes and stumbles, I get so much out of it, you wouldn't believe! Thanks for being there everyone!
Have a great day, one good decision after another!

Last edited by jomatho; 06-29-2011 at 07:50 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #98  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, mlgibson! And good morning everyone. 268 this morning and today is gym day and grocery day. I'm going to go out and buy lots of yummy healthy things. Have a good day, all.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Aren't whooshes fun! 196.4 this morning! 3 lbs lower than last week, and 5 straight days of a loss which means I'm ripe for a rebound, but I'll take the smaller number when I see it!

Rode the bike in again today. This is a habit I should get into. It remains to be seen whether I will or not.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #100  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Hey all!

K9Owner: Thanks for the welcome! I hope you got a good night's sleep - I think that's probably the most important part of all this (for me, anyway). Otherwise I'm definitely a little loopy

IsabellaOlivia: My brother's in the middle of transitioning from a night job to a day job, and it's killing him! I wish you all the best in trying to get things straightened out!

Diana: Thanks for the support! I'm proud of not crashing and burning - now it's on to July 4th! Glad to hear you got some decent zzzzs!

Jen: I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was in the same pattern of eating choices all through college, averaging about 3500 calories a day. It is so, so hard to be honest with yourself about it, but I think telling other people makes it real enough that it can't be easily pushed aside (I can be a pro at making calorie counts disappear). It took a long time for me to be able to make consistently healthy choices, but now that I am I couldn't be prouder of myself. Knowing at the end of the day that everything you've put into your body has been healthy and nutritional is an amazing feeling! Just don't get too discouraged - baby steps are the only steps! Congratulations on being brave enough to be honest and good luck with today!

Berry: Hooray! I'm glad the water weight isn't messing up your mojo.

Amy: I know it can be a bummer when the scale doesn't show the progress you know your making , but thank goodness we have things like pants sizes to back us up!

jomatho: Congrats on getting back down! I think having a night out is a great way to celebrate... I hope you and your son have a great evening!

shishkeberry: I hope your workout goes well, and have fun at the store!

zoodoo: Congrats on the loss! Bike riding is one of my favorite things to do, but just make sure you have a comfy seat. I made that mistake, and boy was my tush sore the next day

SO, my goals for the day:

Breakfast: Yogurt and an orange
Lunch: Low-carb turkey sub
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Hamburger without the bun, sides unkown

Evening: 30 minute walk around the neighborhood

Plus lots and lots of water... I skimped on it a little yesterday, and boy did I have a headache by the end of the day.

Off to work - an awkward summer between college and grad school means I am currently the queen of odd-jobs. At the moment I'm painting the interior of a new H&R Block in Frenchtown, NJ. If you've never been in one, it has the most..... interesting shade of green I've ever seen on a wall. Yes, I think interesting is the word I'll stick with....

Have a great day, all! Keep up the good work!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #101  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Just a quick drop in to post the NEW LOW I saw this morning. I had weigh in last night with only a 0.6 lb drop for the week. Was feeling pretty bummed about it....it took me down to 191.4. I guess the woosh was just waiting for this morning....I woke up to 188.4!!! First time I've seen the 180's!!! Hope I don't mess it up with the holiday weekend. We have out of town plans with another family who REALLY likes to snack/eat a lot. I'm nervous. Hoping DH and I can keep each other in check.

Dunno when I'll be back around.....seems I'm not doing so great at that lately. Sure miss you guys though. One day I'll be back regularly....hopefully that day will come sooner rather than later. Hope you all are doing well.....I'm gonna go do some catch up reading here!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 06-29-2011 at 09:27 AM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a while as I went to a festival last Wednesday and then started thinking too much about this whole weight loss journey of mine. I think with this thread especially, I was getting too caught up and worried about posting personals, and thought it was rude for me not to. I was considering leaving all together as I thought I wasn't being a good enough support to everyone else, and it was taking literally hours out of my day when I was supposed to be working, doing chores or spending time with my BF. I've since been thinking that I can post on here without having to catch up with absolutely everything else, and then if I happen to have some spare time I can try and get in some personals. I'm in a weird place with my lifestyle right now, trying to work out how to control my food and exercise but still be happy. That's all from me, rant over!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #103  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Milesaway, that was my problem last week. I've found that short posts help me stay on track, so that's what I'm doing.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

themilesawaygirl Hi! It's good to see you. Do the best you can with your posts. We can't always do personals. We don't always have the time. Do what motivates you to help you reach your goals.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a while as I went to a festival last Wednesday and then started thinking too much about this whole weight loss journey of mine. I think with this thread especially, I was getting too caught up and worried about posting personals, and thought it was rude for me not to. I was considering leaving all together as I thought I wasn't being a good enough support to everyone else, and it was taking literally hours out of my day when I was supposed to be working, doing chores or spending time with my BF. I've since been thinking that I can post on here without having to catch up with absolutely everything else, and then if I happen to have some spare time I can try and get in some personals. I'm in a weird place with my lifestyle right now, trying to work out how to control my food and exercise but still be happy. That's all from me, rant over!
I have trouble with personals too. The time involved, my inability to easily express what I'm trying to say in writing, it all gets to be too much. I do read everyone, and enjoy doing it. I figure I'll respond when I can, and no one is obligated to respond, or even read what I've written, so I'll just keep posting.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote