Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 03:37 PM   #91  

Hi folks,
well this is my last week of full time hours. I go back to 7 days in 2 weeks after this week. I'm training a new girl this week but I think I will still end up with more then 7 days in 2 weeks because I think she will not want to work all of her seven. She has been off work for about 8 months now with back problems and she has trouble sitting as well so she thinks 3 days in a row will be too many for her. so I will pick up the slack but that is ok. Can't stay on long I have a real sore index finger and typing makes it hurt more. I have a sore on it and Im starting to wonder if I have a skin infestion that has run a little wild. I should be able to be here more in awhile because of the days off I will be getting so in the meantime everyone stay well ansd stay OP. I will check in after weigh in on Tues.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:18 PM   #92  
Empress/Queen

Night falleth and feeling blue even after my triumphic (is that a word?) weight loss. Truth is, a few days ago I found out something horrific that happened to a friend of mine that I was not told about ... or at least I was told only part of the really terrible truth. I've been pushing this away as I promised never to divulge the truth to another living soul ... it is that horrific ... but it's bothering me a lot tonight. Going to see said friend tomorrow and will act as usual and pretend I don't know, but REALLY want to fortify myself tonight with FOOOOOOOD, though have ended eating day at 1975 and don't intend to waiver. Counting an hour of exercise from the hour and a half I simply walked around Costco and didn't stop to look at anything or buy anything. Awful sinus problem also and can't focus my eyes and a huge work week coming up!

Sorry, whining post, not permissible in THIS VICTORIOUS VALENTINE VICINITY!!! NO! NO! We be happy Valentines who NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GO OFF PROGRAM AND WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP THIS VICTORIOUS QUEST!!!

Right? Right!

Forgot to say what I like about me for today: I guess I like that I am absolutely sure I can keep the above mentioned secret forever!

Dollar: Glad to see thee back from thy workathon. Good luck on the Tuesday weigh-in!

Old 01-12-2003, 09:19 PM   #93  

Default last day of weekend

man this weekend went by fast, trying to get depressed again, funny how it sneaks up on you. I try not too let it happen, but i lose sometimes.
husband being an ----- again!!! well i'm a little stressed out over school, and almost dropped it friday. its real hard to concentrate on homework when kids are fighting the husband isent doing anything to help you with them, and i dont feel like i can do this school thing somemornings. well you know what i mean i guess.
What field should i go for?? what will i be good at??? i dont know. should i leave or stay?? Should i just get a job and call it guits??? move tot he other side of the planet.haha i dont know!!
Its all very confusing, and depressing. so i wish i had Amaranthas crystal ball to show me what my future holds, lol.
well have a good week everyone, till monday,

later and lighter senamay
Old 01-12-2003, 10:32 PM   #94  

Empress, huzzah on the well earned weight loss. And it is so commendable to know that you are so trustworthy and will never, never share what you've been asked not to even though it would probably help your stress level if you could.

Kaylets, hope you're feeling better. Glad you'll be getting a time break, dollar. Would we all had that crystal ball to help in making life's tough decisions, Senamay. Would make things go a lot smoother, I'm sure.

My little princesses were here today with their Momma. They and I had a rousing game of hide and seek and made some paperplate hats while their Momma (DD) talked to DH. I'm tired but refreshed in spirit.

What I like about me today is that I can still become childlike. I'd like to say I've never lost that ability but I can't really be sure about that. Sometimes it's hard to find but since the princesses have come into my life, the little child in me appears more often.

Aaah! another new week. Another fresh start card please. I've stayed strong in the no candy and the no evening eating pledge areas, had plenty of water but pushed the max or more in food today. Exercise still non existent unless you count hide and seek. Very cold here today and expected to remain so for a while. As long as it doesn't snow on M, W, F (drive to dialysis days), I guess I can manage to snuggle up and enjoy it.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:19 AM   #95  

Smile Marvelous Monday!

Hello all!

Going in to work this am to greet the new boss with my tissues and pills and potions!! I hate to stay home today to find out I am going to need it later this week......

Today's thought is:"Don't look for excuses to lose. Look for excuses to win." Chi Chi Rodriguez

Take care all!
Old 01-13-2003, 06:35 AM   #96  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Just a quick report - I'll try to get back in later. I'm back to Day 1 again. Went a bit off track over the weekend, although not badly and still got plenty of exercise and so on.

As they say in the Dead Dog Cafe sign-off, "Be brave, stay strong, and wait for the signs." Let's do the best we can with this day, Valentines! Love to all!
Old 01-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #97  

I'm eagerly starting off another week in the Valentine challenge hoping to make a bit more progress. And planning to wrest whatever non-weight victories I can from this week as well.

Onward and downward, V Vs.

250/220.6/219.4/215/???

sw/vdcsw/cw/vdg/goal

Last edited by anagram; 01-13-2003 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:20 AM   #98  
Is it Friday yet?

Good mornin' ladies!

Congratulations all you loosers!!!!

Uneventful weekend - my 49ers lost. Lost? ****, they didn't even really show up to play.... sad, but they at least made the playoffs.
Decided to not journal my food this weekend - so what I had lost on Friday was back this morning (I know, I know, I weigh myself too much). Still down 1 pound though - I'm happy about that!

Another fit of eye hives.... I quit using the makeup remover, they cleared up - I tried the mascara my girlfriend gave me to try - guess what I woke up to this morning??? No more!

Amarantha - Congrats on the loss!!!!!
I had already deleted the voicemail message or else I guess I could've called the police. I don't know what they could've done though - other than have some sort of proof in case anything does happen. I'm sure by now Mr. Angry Driver has cooled his heals - or set his sights on some other unsuspecting person...
I'm sorry to hear about the stressful news regarding your friend. Sometimes, even though it's harder on you, it's easier on the other person if they don't know that you know something so horrible. You're a great friend.

Wildfire - What an awsome shopping trip! I'm sure it took you awhile to come down from that - bargains, smaller sizes...
I think your Grandma sounds cool too... Mine was always up with the birds too - but to watch golf on tv!

Kaylets - Feel better soon!!!!

Dollar - Take care of that finger - those things can sneek up on you and get nasty quick!

to everyone!!!

Didn't touch my See's candy all weekend... Strange.... wonder what's wrong with me?

Terri

Victorious Valentines start: 246.0
Current: 245.0
Victorious Valentines goal: 235.0
Old 01-13-2003, 01:05 PM   #99  

Default tired in boston

HI all

Im so tired today. I am going for my sleep study today so maybe i can adjust my cpap to the right air preasure and then i will not be so tired anymore.

My eating has not been that great and i have to go back to drinking lots of water. IM feeling pretty good though. I had someone clean my room this weekend. I have to tell you its so nice to have someone clean up your mess. It cost but its such a weakness of mine. However i love the my witty comments i make to people and to myself. Nothing like cracking yourself up.

senaway we all struggle with questions. Just listen to yourself...and go with what you feel. You can do anything you want....try a bunch of different classes and see what you like the best!

Amarantha, it sounds upsetting what ever it is. Just rem times heal most things...and i hope everything is ok with your friend.

Pumpkinseed good job with out eating the candy.. very impressive so impressive!
Old 01-13-2003, 04:43 PM   #100  
deleted2

Amarantha, thanks for confiding in us. Never think that you have to be upbeat 100% of the time. We're here for you no matter what! I hope you [and your friend] find some peace with whatever's happening. I'll be thinking about you.

Senamay, hang in there!

Anagram, I enjoyed visualizing the princess' paper plate hats! Sweet!

Arabella, I MUST KNOW what the "Dead Dog Cafe" is. I love the quote 'be brave....etc.'!!! I'm posting that one somewhere!

Hello, everybody else!

I'm still 'being brave'---am on my 13th day of good behavior!

Old 01-13-2003, 05:04 PM   #101  

Hi, y'all!!

I'm so proud of everybody for staying motivated! Go us!! Every time I go into a store that's busted out the Valentine's candy, I just think about how this year Valentine's Day is more about a weight loss goal for me than it is about the food, and so far I've kept my nose out of those heart-shaped boxes.

So that's what I like about me today. And so far, I'm down two more pounds, with eight left to go. Which seems to be to be quite doable, if I keep my mind on it.

Amarantha, I'm proud of you for not succumbing to the urge to eat when you're upset. That's SO hard for me, and I think it's fantastic that you're dealing with it in new ways. You go, girl!!
Old 01-14-2003, 06:39 AM   #102  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Another day, another fresh start I didn't actually do badly yesterday, but just not totally OP. And it helps me so much when I manage to stay there.

I'm going to try to get back in later after I've accomplished some stuff, but in the meantime, I bring you all the gift of the Dead Dog Cafe:
http://www.radio.cbc.ca/programs/deaddog/

It's a now-defunct CBC radio show, written and performed by Native Canadians. Seriously lampoons Natives and non-Natives alike. It was great! Used to be on every Thursday, and it was such a treat in the middle of a working morning. Oooh, I did get the sign off slightly wrong - it's "Stay calm, be brave, and wait for the signs. " I think I may incorporate it into my signature.

I've got another desperately busy couple of weeks ahead. Yesterday my day was hijacked: did an interview, ran errands for household and Mom and ended back here in time to get dinner on the table.

DH asked me the other night if I minded him travelling so much (he's off to Yellowknife on Friday for a week). And I said no, that it was something I needed to have the proper attitude for, and that when I did I enjoyed the time to myself and the lighter work-load. Not sure that was "the right answer."

Let's make it a good one, Valentines! No time to address everyone, but I'm thinking about each and every one of you! Love!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:38 AM   #103  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Juliana the Overseer reporting in for Empress Amarantha whose day was hijacked yesterday (thanks be to Arabella for that description). She saith there's just no way to describe the wear and tear on her emotions as the day built up and so she didn't even notice the Binge Demons lurking in the shadows (there were a lot of shadows) and her eating day ended at 3420 calories; exercise was a 40 minute slowish walkie! She saith she traveleth again today so this be a me-me-me post only it be Juliana, Juliana, Juliana, 'cause the Overseer needeth to take control of this dietary crisis and I've already shooed away those Binge Demons from poor Amarantha! She also succumbed to Valentine's candy in an Elvis Presley heart tin and is starting that count over again!

Kudos to all on this thread for their work ... love that Dead Dog Cafe, 'cept in Juliana's lexicon it be the Resting Doggie Cafe!

There be a quote on Juliana's mind that she can't quite place about family and friends being all well and good, but they aren't dogs after all!

When all's said, the love of a good dog be all Juliana needs. Amarantha needs candy, though.

Going back to bed as this postie doth not make sense but assuming the Victorious Valentine Victory Vavavavooooms here will interpret!!!

Day 1
Old 01-14-2003, 10:49 AM   #104  
Is it Friday yet?

Greetings from Tuesday-ville...

Didn't make it to Curves yesterday - too tired, too headachey, too itchy eyed, too many excuses... going today come **** or high water.
Over indulged in Fast Break bars yesterday. I swear I could eat a dozen of them. Why did I buy them?? Because I convinced myself that it wasn't Valentine's day candy and was ok . Man, I'm getting creative.... Back on track today - takin' it one meal at a time.

Amarantha - S'okay, I'll start counting over with you.

Arabella - I totally know what you mean about hubby traveling. Ya love him dearly, but like the time you have when he's not there - you get more done. I tried to explain that to my ex when he was in training and he didn't get it - all he heard was "you're gone and it makes me happy" - whatevah...

Tami - Congrats on avoiding the dreaded pink and red containers of evil chocolate!

Bought myself a Flavia desk calendar yesterday - funny last year I ended up with 4 desk calendars, this year I had to buy one myself - anywho, the sayings on each day are wonderful... I'm gonna post 'em when they're something special.

Today - Time is forever moving forward. There is no reason to fear change or to hold too tightly to the past when so much beauty lies ahead.

What I love about me - I never tire of "let me try just one more time" (aka perseverance?? )

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 01-14-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:04 PM   #105  

Smile Tuesday !!

Hello all!

Computer problems this am and then for till just a few minutes ago after work.

So, wouldn't you know, got this goofy headcold that comes and goes and then for the first time in nearly 3 mos-- TOM this am !!

I checked the sky, its not full moon!

Thanks Punkinseed for posting the quote from your calendar- I'm not familiar w/ Flavia-- --
In fact, its much better than the one I picked out. I also use the quotes on my voicemail as company policy is that we change the voice mail each day, identifying which day it is , etc.

Empress A-- and Punkin too- Don't forget the NO GUILT cards--

Senamay-- Try to do bits of your homework instead of all at once-- You can still be thinking about it while you're cooking and etc too. At least, that's what I did with my first speech. I had a few pieces of paper stapled together but they were only the first draft anyway. The hard part is figuring out what you want to write about-- You are doing just fine!! Its only Jan 14-- what would you say to your kids if 2 weeks after school started they told you they wanted to quit? ---
You've just got some readjusting to do and you'll be fine!

To everyone --Seems like some habits have to "rebuild"
I know I was thinking FUDGE just yesterday am. Then, while driving, I saw a very large person who was truly struggling to get out of a car. Red in the face, reaching out with a cane-- And I realized that that person would more than not envy my stats--

So, VALIANT VALENTINES-- lets keep fighting!!

PS-- Has anyone seen the Stop smoking gum commercial? the woman beats up the cigarette -- That's us-- fighting the marketing, fighting the cravings, fighting stress bingeing.....
Closed Thread