Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #1621  

Awww poor Curly! I dread going to the dentist!

I haven't exercised in 4 days because I have a really bad ear infection and no energy at all.

Wednesday: 1663 calories, 685 deficit
Old 12-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #1622  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

hey ladies,

Wow Curly, you have been under a lot of stress. GJ handleing it so well!

Val~ ((((Healin' vibes))))). Hope you're up and feeling better reallllll soon.

Me?, I'm doing fine. Not down, but not up any further!!!!

~Dee
Old 12-07-2006, 07:09 AM   #1623  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

just read a new book called the carb addicts diet... i scored 58 out of 60 possible points lol... hi ... i'm lisa and i am a carb addict as if i didnt know that before the test?

hehe anyways their apporach is two meals aday very low/no carb and at dinner u can have what ever u want... you divide your plate into 3 sections .. one for protein, one for a low carb vegetable... and the last third of your plate u can put what ever u want ... cake, cookies, pasta etc.. oh and they also make u eat 2 cups of salad with this dinner they call a reward meal...

they call for no in between meal snacking... interesting book tho...

hope u are feelin better soon Val! ear infections are the pits!!! hate that woozie feeling... You will get your exercise soon as u are feeling better .. concentrate on feeling better for now!

Dee... one day at time!! you are doing a great job just maintaining... dont let yourself get down ... keep on fighting!!! Stress? haha I thrive on it... nuffin worse than a bored to tears curly locks!

my mom came home yesterday... so at least i wont be running back and forth to the hospital now...

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 AM   #1624  

Hi my name is Val and I'm a carb addict!

It's so true though. It was a hard change for me. When I make a dinner now with a meat and a vege or salad it still seems like the rice or potato is missing.

I don't think it's a good idea to not have snacks. I know that would mess me up. I try to eat every 3 hours or else I get too hungry!

Thursday: 1718 calories, 630 deficit, still no exercise
Old 12-08-2006, 07:23 AM   #1625  
Staying in 1derland!

wOW TALK ABOUT A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER... IT WAS 60 yesterday before lunch and now its 24!!!!!! wooooooooo did you send that air here Val????

Have a great day!!! I am sooooooooo happy its friday!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #1626  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi... ...uh, remember me? **hanging head....** I can't believe how long its been since I last posted. One day turns into a few, then a week passes by, and then you can't remember the last time you posted!! Sorry girls!!! I miss you lots but literally drag myself home from work, throw some food together, get them to their karate classes, homework catch up for the boys, get them ready for bed and then I crawl into bed also. Days 2-14....REPEAT!! Hopefully once the holidays are over, I will have my hours cut back and I can deal with day to day life again. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I hope!! ...oh, did I mention I've had my period for 3 f@&*ing weeks? AARRGGHHHHH

Curly, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. How is she doing now that she's home? Glad to hear that your Dad's okay after the accident he had. And what about the men in your life? Any details you want, or feel the need to share? huh? huh?

Val.....poor you and the ear infection. Hopefully that is all over now but watch for signs of a yeast infection (intestinal or other...yuck) Antiobiotics are notorious for that, but nothing some good yogourt can't help with.

Dee....How you doin? Tell Lee....well never mind. Nudge him off the bed if you need to. A girl needs her sleep and like you said....he can cat nap during the day while you're at work!!! geeeez
Old 12-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #1627  
Staying in 1derland!

HI ANGEL!!!!!!

YEP my mom is doing better now that she is home, she has a visiting nurse a few days a week & also a physical therapist... but its slow going... ummm Men? right now i have 2 lol one is 38 and the other is 50 .. u will get a kick outta this... i had an email from Bill ( the EX hiker) Told him I was dating a new guy and Bill said " boy, I sure hope he likes to walk". hehehe

I am doing a lot of reading trying to RE-motivate my weight loss.... i am thinking that we need to start up some challenges after the new year, when things have calmed down for all of us...

yep... Angel this cold weather has ruined me... when i leave work all i wanna do is come home shut the door and be warm..... dont know where all my energy has gone... i guess its someplace with my MOJO!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #1628  

Hi Angel! Good to see you.

I lost 2 pounds of the 5 I gained over my ticker thanksgiving week. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be back where I started. I need to get back into exercising next week. I've been feeling so bad I took a whole week off.

Saturday:2452 calories, 104 surplus
Sunday:1009 calories, 1339 deficit
Old 12-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #1629  
Staying in 1derland!

HI Val... glad to hear u are feeling better! congrats on the 2 lbs!!!!

I am thinking of a challenge like the one we did for Easter that time... maybe we could collect hearts for a valentines challenge... we all did so well with teh egg collecting... and dropping some lbs..

even tho we all got sick & tired of posting our points... it did work!!!! so think of a few categories to score points in... and lets kick this off either after christmas or new years!!!

I feel like ive been in a holding pattern for the last 7 months ... and really need to get re-motivated... ( lol she says agian for the umpth-teen time)

I am back to the dentist today for the digging & scraping of the other side of my mouth,,, and then to work at 1 pm...

have a great day!!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #1630  

Curly I hope the dentist wasn't too painful!

I was high on calories today but at least I got back to exercising.

Monday: 2024 calories, 698 deficit, 45 minutes Tae Bo
Old 12-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #1631  
Staying in 1derland!

Default Ear Stapling

Hey guys google ear stapling for weight loss... i saw it on the news last night some lady lost 56 lbs in 8 weeks !! u get an acupuncturist to put the staple in ... from what i have seen it costs @ 70 ish dollars ... hmmmmm

sounds tooooo painfull to me....

just got back from getting my hair cut... lol i swear each time i .. get it shorter and shorter... lol its about the length of the hair in my av now !

Last edited by curlylocks; 12-13-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #1632  

I don't believe in that ear stapling! I think it just works because people think it will work.

I had a binge in the afternoon on cereal and yogurt. At least I got exercise in.

Wednesday: 2291 calories, 431 deficit, 45 minutes tae bo
Old 12-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #1633  
Staying in 1derland!

Went after work to pick up some rx's and also picked upa bottle of the one a day weight smart vitamins... dont know if its just me but they seem to curb my appeitite .. tomorrow i am starting back in with my powdered protein shakes...
they also seemed to work well for me... its supposed to be a gorgeous weekend so i may go do the hike around the lake solo...

we will see... my mom wants me to go to a cookie sale and pick her up some christmas cookies... now I ask you is that a dangerous assignment or what????

how are u guys doing with the christmas spirit??? think my christmas spirit took up residence with my mojo where ever it went...

and where is Petra??? and L2L????? and all the missing pic's????????
Old 12-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #1634  

Curly, how long is your hike route? I've been very bad since we last chatted (in case you've forgotten, you helped me resize some photos). Anyway, I'm up for a hike, just tell me how far, and I'll hike with you from afar. I'll make the commitment, I swear. No snow or ice up here, so no excuses. But I can't use the usual mountain trails - there's snow there, and hikers not welcome on the ski trails.

Send me the challenge distance and I'll perform. (No! Don't maKe me! Wanna watch tv.... alter-ego speaks)

I just bought a used car - the prior owner was 82, and used it mainly to xcountry ski. He died isuddenly n bed reading the paper, was slim and fit. I hope his mojo has stayed in the car and when I try to x-ski this year I won't fall on my fragile tailbone as I did two years ago...
Old 12-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #1635  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Well here is another lost soul. I'm down here in Mississippi. Started my new job this week. My eating hasn't been the greatest and I really need to try to get back into a schedule of some sort but I haven't figured out how yet. I'll try to check in a little more regularly. Nice to see some familiar names
Closed Thread