Old 09-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #106  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 5

Wow, it sounds like everyone had a great and busy weekend!

I am usually not online over the weekend but i did stick to my challenge - I even did 6 pushups today instead of 5.

All the kitties are so cute! Now i have to attach a picture of my dogs!

Here is to the start of another great and successful week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg o-4.jpg (29.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by FishWoman; 09-26-2005 at 10:59 AM.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #107  

Hey guys. Oh dear, I have forgotten what day I am on...day 17
Last night I had a few Mojitos. Yum. And watched a sad movie and the combination kept me from sleeping very well last night. In the past 2 years or so, I have noticed that if I have a drink too many, I don't sleep well. Usually I sleep like a log.. All the more reason to lay off the stuff.
I haven't started up my exercise challenge yet but I will tonight. I hope.
Red, my frustrations often come from comparing myself to others which is bad bad bad. I wish I could.....have the time to start running again....have the time to follow artistic urges....have the time to fix up the house...have the time to clean the house well... But I have 3 young children and they are my main focus and consumers of most of my time and energy. I'm looking forward to the little one's 1st day of Kindergarten (4 yrs away...) but I also need to enjoy every moment of his toddler-hood because it goes by too quickly!!!
Thanks for listening......
Here is a photo of Zack...not fair to leave him out. So that's my furry crew, Sabrina over there on the left, Zack and Nellie the kittycat. MEOW.
My old cat Peter passed away over the summer. He was 18. My daughter says she sees him in the sky....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zack.jpg (20.6 KB, 15 views)
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:03 PM   #108  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

OOOOOOOOOO Mez thats what i want an elliptical! and that sounds like an awesome price 2!!!! maybe i should check walmart and put me one on layaway!

Hi ya Marbleflys!!! good to see ya joinin up!

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-26-2005 at 02:06 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:17 PM   #109  
prepare for the BEST time

Mez, wasn't Forest Gump's friend Bubba? I just re-watched that movie....

I have more exercise equipment than I have room for.......I have an Elliptical (I'm bored with it but won't give it up), fitness ball, I have an Urban Re-bounder (love it), I have the new Supreme Pilates with the springs instead of pulleys, I have a slant weight bench and 5s, 8s, 10s and 15s dumbbells....since the construction began last month, everything is kind of packed away/hidden...I guess it's time to own up to what I've spent and start USING THE EQUIPMENT....we won't even talk about the gym membership I get for $3.00 a week right in my office complex....

(I'm feeling guilty and ashamed of my current laziness)

If I make a plan and don't stick to it, I hope someone would point out that I NEED to exercise and get back into my real clothes and stop wasting my time and $$....

Beginning Sept 27...for 21 days I will:

do 5 mins of rebounding or cardio /5 mins of wts. for the first week, then increase the time working my way up to 20 & 20....by the end of the challenge. and CARLA will coach me......(please)

(once the construction is completed, I can move my elliptical to a better space by the TV in the bedroom, reading about it makes me want to do it)....or go take a break at work and run to the gym, instead of sitting on my buttisimo whining about it.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #110  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face I can do this....I can...I can...I can....

Ok, starting out on Day 5. Got to leave before dawn. Wish me luck for this coming week. It's going to be hard with or without a challenge here....

marbleflys -- Welcome! Good luck on your challenge!! Who is CARLA by the way, not OUR carla, is it?

Gotta fly here. Will write to you all later. In the meantime, keep the faith...in YOU!!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #111  
prepare for the BEST time

Your Carla49 is MY Carla too.....(we are sisters who got separated at birth, like those cell phones on the commercial)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:54 PM   #112  

Yes, Marble, I will coach you. Glad you're not starting until tomorrow - that will give me time to have my whip tuned up. We don't stand for laggards around here. Hup, two three, four....

Yes, Red, the "Carla" Marble is talking about is me. We know each other from another thread, where we've shared some quite satisfying vitriol about idiot men in our past, along with an irreverent attitude. I thought she'd fit right in here with he likes of you and Mez and Curly and... The list goes on and on.

Today has proved to be one of those days where I should have stood in bed (as the expression goes). It all started well enough, although the cats whining for lunch 45 minutes after breakfast is getting a little old. A fun lunch with a friend I haven't seen lately, where I ate fish and chips (yummy) and she didn't notice the 15 lbs I've lost. Sniff. Then the annoyances started. Very petty annoyances, but still... I went to a grocery store for 2 loaves of bread on special. Then I noticed Metamucil (fiber, you know) was on sale, and for some reason the twice as big container was on for the same price as the smaller one. Now greed and trying to get away with something are never good things, and this was confirmed at the cash. I didn't notice the cashier was a trainee... The bread was fine, but the Met. rang in at the old price, twice what I intended to pay. So I pointed it out, at which point it got ridiculous. Someone went to look on the shelf to check the price (20 yards away) and didn't come back. So after about 15 minutes I tried to buy just the bread, but the cashier couldn't do an override. Then the wandering price checker came back and announced the problem was that the price I had quoted was for the 72 dose size, which is what she still had in her hand. It seemed I had won, and they were about to give in, but then the supervisor couldn't do an override. By this time I had been waiting for about 20 minutes (counting the extra 5 minutes spent waiting while the guy ahead of me's grapefruit seemed to present an almost insurmountable problem). So, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I stormed out in high dudgeon, and walked breadless out into a torrential downpour. I went to another store with competent staff, started to calm down, and went to yet another store to make a return. Feeling much better, I decided to head home. So I checked behind me, and backed out of the parking spot. As I was changing gears about to move forward there was a mighty CRUNCH, and I realized some idiot had backed out of another spot right into me. Very little damage, but the pure joy of standing in the pouring rain taking her info while the rain washed the words away as fast as I wrote them was almost more than I could bear. Finally, home safely to two apparently starving cats. The telemarketer who called as I walked in really didn't know what hit her, poor thing. By the accent the call probably originated in a call centre in New Delhi or somewhere. She won't be calling again.

I do realize this blow-by-blow narration of my perfectly dull day is NOT on topic for the thread, but I'm trying to deflect attention from the fact that I ate fries at lunch. Day 5 progressing nicely.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:26 PM   #113  
Staying in 1derland!

Default day 15

did double my workout for a total of 1 hr!!

Carla: idiot men ... how did i miss that one.. geez i have enuff material from my xBF to fill up at least 3o pages in the thread!

ive been thinking about my next challenge and it is gonna be a tuff one! since the water and working out everyday has become a routine thing... i thinki need a new challenge!!

so 6 more days ....
Old 09-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #114  

Hey day one of my new challenge done here, i stayed within my points and exercised on my gazelle for 40 mins. Another thing that i am going to do for this challenge is drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and keep a food journal everyday.
vanessa6295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:15 PM   #115  

Question

Hey Vanessa, I'm thinking of getting a Gazelle. Do you like it? have you been using it for long? Is it really possible to fold it up and slide it under the bed??
Old 09-26-2005, 09:18 PM   #116  

Question

Curly, what does Bama stand for under your avatar? Did you know your b.day is the day after mine? I notice you've been too coy to admit to the year, but from your pictures you're a more recent model than me.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

marbleflys - I stand corrected! Bubba not Baba We just purchase a Slant Board for me and Olympic weight bench and weights (300lbs) for my son and husband. Plus a set of 3,5 and 10 lbs weight for me. When I seen the Elliptical (at that price) I had to get it from what I've read on here about the workout they give. I also have the Pilates Vidos and bands and toning tubes (not sure what they are called again) and a few other fitness gagets. Your writing about yours made me think geez I really need to use those other things also. I was getting bored with the WATP, The 10 Minute Solution and other videos I think I'm going to keep mixing things up so I don't get bored with my workouts. Easy to do since I still don't care to do them. It has been better since my sisters and I workout together and now we'll be taking turns at each other homes Since she has a treadmill. Try not to feel guilty and ashamed your not being lazy you just need to spice things up again! I know for me doing these challenges keep me on my toes. Sorry so long! Your on the right track your challenge sound great!

friendsforfitness - Your son is such a CUTIE PIE!!!

curlylocks - "the water and working out everyday has become a routine thing..." Standing and clapping what is just wonderful I can't wait til I can say the same for my challenges. BRAVO!!! Yea I check out wal-mart they maybe getting rid of the old models. I figure since this didn't break the bank I can still save for the other one I had my eye on and sell this at a rummage next year.

carla49 - Can't stop staring at the word fries it's been so so long!

Apple Blossom - They grow so fast my baby is now 15 years old he'll be 16 next month... going to go give him a BIG HUG now! LOL

FishWoman - On doing 6 pushups!! They have never been my strong point.

Day 1 of challenge complete. Lifted and worked sholders/tricepts/bicepts/back . I also worked my abs, walked and did the Elliptical. I stayed in my WW points and all logged in. WHEW Oh yea talked to myself in the mirror LOL
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:00 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Completed day 3:

1 hour on the Elliptical
100 sit-up ( hoping to make my love handles smaller - lol their bigger than my boobs)
8 - 8 oz water

Ok off to bed -night all

Last edited by Sweetloml; 09-27-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:36 AM   #119  
Staying in 1derland!

Carla: I am 44 yrs old, the Bama? lol The guy that I have been dating is from Alabama.. . when we met he lived in virginia.. but he took a job in Alabama .......... so i wanna be in alabama one day ! @ 3 days before Katrina he went to work for the army corps of engineers... so i havent seen him in over a month
Old 09-27-2005, 06:59 AM   #120  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face getting through Day 5...

I will soon be calling Day 5 a wrap. It wasn't easy...well, there was lots of stress...but somehow, I'm not reaching for sugar and thinking, oh, what the heck. I may still be overeating, but not that much. I have a bad cold now and this is the start of an extremely busy week. I am in danger of stressing out but am trying hard to keep my cool...steady...steady....

Had a lesson in not panicking tonight but I was sick....thought I'd lost my wallet. Looked all over, called around...walked back to the station...thinking..oh, please, oh please, let me find it...I did a good deed today and saved a cricket in the convenience store...ok, I'm weird....well, then I thought about that convenience store and that maybe I'd dropped the wallet there...so I found the number on the Internet where they have all the thousands of stores listed..this one is about an hour and a half from my place. I called, sure enough they had it!! Happy Days!!! The cricket helped after all!!

Ok, guys, please realize, I have a fever I think....need sleep...must be up again before 4 a.m. tomorrow. Wish me well..

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote