Old 09-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #151  
prepare for the BEST time

Oops! Sorry, Mez, I confused you with another post about the scale....

rushingrushingrushing.........WHY? they don't pay me any more for hurrying....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #152  

Actually mezmerize, the gazelle is supposed to be good for people that have bad knees, bad backs etc..
vanessa6295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #153  

Because its low impact
Old 09-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #154  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

oooo i saw a gazelle at walmart for under 100$ i want one!!!

Oh and day 17 completed... im at work till 8 pm, but i got up at 530 am this morning and did my walk/jog
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #155  

I got mine second hand in excellent condition only used 3 times for $150. Its the gazelle edge, my friend has the gazelle elite, what one were you looking at curly?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #156  

Day 3 done here, stayed within my points, drank lots of water, kept a food log, and exercised for 40 mins.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:45 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Done with day5:

45 mins Elliptical
100 sit ups
7- 8oz - need to up it a little

Was a little tired when I started, but still did it I should have not decide to clean most of the house today lol. Son is dong ok, was pretty upset about mouse at first but they forget fast.

Night all - sweet dreams
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #158  

Day 7 complete. A nice glass of wine might have been particularly welcome, but common sense prevailed. Contrary to what Marble thinks, I'm NOT lazing in bed til all hours, I've been up early and out to work. I've been spoiled by my long no-work period this summer, and if I had the $$$, I'd never work again.

I'll try to post more in the next few days. Right now I'm tired and a little off kilter emotionally (for various reasons that would bore you all to tears, so no tedious details). But I'll be back. Meanwhile,
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:20 AM   #159  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Done with day 7

Food - well it was light due to the fact that I had to fast for a blood test. Dinner was a chicken thigh fillet and home grown salad.
Water - excellent. Now all I have to do is to eliminate it all before I go to bed.
Exercise - well it was my day off as is tomorrow.

A good day was had by me anyway. Tomorrow is end of month which equals weigh in and measure day and letting the masses know (to keep me honest)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:46 AM   #160  
Staying in 1derland!

Walmart
Gazelle Edge=$94.96
Gazelle Freestyle=$187.97

Target
gazelle edge 99.99
gazelle power plus$ 299.99
Old 09-29-2005, 07:36 AM   #161  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Yesterday was Day 4

So 4 full days down with no chocolate. The no chocolate thing was not tought, but I had to fight off other temptations at work. Rather than the usual free stuff, which is packaged (so you have the calorie count right there and you cannot pretend it's not), there was a basket full of muffins, croissants, and bagels. But I did not touch it! Then, at the end of several hours of grappling with a particularly gnarly spreadsheet, I thought, I will take myself out to dinner, I worked really hard today. But I didn't! I fought that urge off, too. I can't let myself get into that habit. So I felt pretty good about food in general yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for the information on iron. Y'know, one of the things I read said that when a woman is on her period, her iron may be depleted. I'm a little surprised that wasn't the first question from the woman at the blood bank, because I *was* on my period that day. But looking at my diet, I would not be wrong to add some iron-rich foods anyway, so it was still good to think about.

Best luck to everyone today!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

FishWoman – Glad to see that the pushups are going well. I’m on week 4 of lifting weights and I could not do ONE pushup before I started. I’m doing girl ones. I should give the “men’s” way a try.

marbleflys – Sure you get extra points for going over a workout. That is my driving force behind me stating only 5 minutes. I know that I’ll do way more than that but the mental game of only 5 minutes makes sure I workout everyday.

Shad – Thanks so much for your view on scales. I tried to measure and kept coming up with different numbers it was driving me crazy and I thought I was doing it wrong! I got frustrated! Since I’ve started lifting I have noticed I’m a lot stronger. That was one of my main reasons to give up the scale for 21 days. I’m such a scale addict jumping on everyday and I have 2 digitals. A Taylor that a piece fell out. (tiny piece of metal) So I bought a WW scale. The WW scale is always 2lbs less than the Taylor. So I will go back and forth between the 2 and weight at least 3 times! Just to make sure they are working??!! LOL that is so pitiful!! You are so right about clothing sizes I can go from a size 14 to18 depending on the brand. I believe I’m going to revise my challenge and not weight myself. Thanks again Shad. I agree with you! You are a miracle!!!!

redballoon – I’m happy to hear your busy with work. Wishing you lots of luck with your challenge!

vanessa6295 – Thanks for the info on gazelle it really helps to hear from people that have actually used them. I’m not a big infommercial fan. The people are to getty.

curlylocks – Congrats on day 17 they don’t carry gazelles at my wal-mart.  Thanks for the price list. I haven’t checked Target!

Sweetloml – Glad to hear your son handle the passing of his mouse well.

carla49 – After a nice summer off so easy to be spoiled. Aww money so one doesn’t have to work…. *sigh* winning the lottery

Chaps - On not eating all that temping food. (made my mouth water thinking about!) Also many many more on eating out!!! I'm SOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!

As for me I'm going to rethink my challenge! LOL what is that saying about women changing their mind? LOL
Shad you really got me thinking about the scale and I feel it's might be holding me back. I'm going to give some deep thought and be back to post my challenge.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:29 AM   #163  

Talking Day 9 down and out!

Mez- Thanks for the input on SBD, so far so good I'm down six pounds since Monday. I'm getting the headaches but I know they'll pass with time. I did notice a little bit of dizziness for the first time this morning, but I didn't really think anything of it since that symptom is common for me when TOM visits. Dh has been wonderful during this transition for me. He rubbed my back for about 30 minutes last night trying to make me feel better. Last night was the headache from He...double hockey sticks. LOL!

The sweet cravings are getting fewer and easier to deal with so that's a good thing at least!
Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #164  
Staying in 1derland!

MEZ: u can order them online and they will deliver to your house sometimes they even have deals on the shipping...
Old 09-29-2005, 11:31 AM   #165  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 8!

I did my push-ups for today - 8 for day 8. Ooh, maybe i can do 21 by day 21? I am not so sure about that

Mezmerize - I can't keep my tuchus down when i do girl push-ups; and nobody wants my butt sticking way up in the air Seriously, i can keep a great form for regular push-ups (even if i can't do very many), so that is why i do those.

This is not related to the 21-day challenge, but maybe you all can help me out. I decided to not work out yesterday (other than my push-ups). I got caught up at work, and then did not get home until almost 9 p.m. Other than yesterday, i have done at least 30 minutes of something for the past 16 days. So I decided to just have a low-cal, healthy dinner (vegetable and egg-white scramble with 1/4 cup cheese). My total calories for the day were just under 1400. So, why do i feel like a horrible, lazy, cow for taking one day off? I am seriously mentally figuring out ways to *punish* myself for not exercising yesterday. I know this is not a healthy attitude, but i am so angry at myself for taking what any normal person would call a *rest day.* Do any of you get mad at yourselves like this? what do you do to get over it?

Thanks!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote