Old 09-23-2005, 09:23 AM   #46  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Day 20, omigod!

Woo hoo, one day left!

GrayEyedGirl - Congratulations on being below 200!! Must feel great!

Everyone else, have a great day!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #47  

Default Red has spoken...

All right already! Put away the yellow cards! My challenge is now defined: no alcohol or candy. If I decide to add exercise or junk food, I can always add a simultaneous challenge to make it all very complicated.

Curly has very kindly downsized my kitty snap. Unfortunately, I now realize I picked the one that doesn't show Lily's stunning ice blue eyes... not that that will matter if I can't figure out how to detach it from the email and re-attach it to this post.

Right now I'm busy kicking myself (does that count as exercise? ) because I'm not so sure I like my new fridge. It is beautiful, but probably too small. And of course it's an odd size (tall and thin, like I'd like to be), so any kitchen reno which would accommodate it wouldn't accommodate a larger, shorter fridge. Not to mention the wasted $$$, and the conundrum of what to do with the fridge if I replace it. I hate it when I make costly decisions that don't work out.

Of course my fridge issues are pretty puny compared to Rita. The latest I hear on the news is that the storm is now headed to make landfall at Lake Charles LA, while the roads out of Houston are jammed with evacuees inching along. A few posters on other threads have family humkered down in Houston, and CathyXXX who is from Lake Charles and is now sheltered in a church with other evacuees, hoping everything will work out all right. Not to mention all those poor people who survived Katrina and are now being displaced again. Lots of : going out to them.

On a lighter note, here is my attempt at posting my little pin-ups:

Hmmm. Can't quite figure it out. Maybe later? Maybe I'm not meant to share my babies with y'all?

Last edited by carla49; 09-23-2005 at 07:41 PM. Reason: The little drill sargeant hat I tried to put in the title didn't work.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #48  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 2

Okay, I did my five push-ups and they were easier than yesterday. It is amazing how quickly your muscles remember

Plus, we had plank poses in yoga last night - so that was more working of the arms.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #49  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 2

Yesterday was pretty good all things considered. I stuck to lo carb food. Checked the portions well and although the snacking monster crept up on me after dinner, I did manage to have an on plan snack instead of what I thought I wanted. Lots of water drowned the snacking monster anyway. The new gym regime starts today and as soon as I get off here I am off for an hour on weights and resistance and another hour on a Body Balance class at the gym. Saturday is the big indulgence day at the gym. Here is where I make up for any sessions not done during the week etc. Self flagellation really.

Thoughts going out to those caught up in Rita. It is such a huge storm, it can't fail to miss something!!!! Sometimes I think Mother Nature is so ticked off at us missing up the world that she is sending warnings to make us change our ways. What with hurricanes, tsunami, earthquakes and typhoons around the world, not to mention our ongoing severe drought here in Queensland where we about to be banned from using sprinklers in the garden and washing cars and being encouraged to use the grey water from washing machines and showers etc. Apparently the catchment area where I live is now less than 34% of it's capacity which means at present rate we will run out in less than two years.

Okay, enough of that. On to the gym. Let's see day 2 go as well as Day 1. Have a great day all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #50  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Tomorrow will be Day 21!

FishWoman - It's funny that you are talking about doing push-ups. Since I have been seeing such a difference in my abs with this challenge, I started to add push-ups last week. My upper body strength is not great. I started with 4, which was literally all I could do, and now I am doing 7! It's amazing how sticking with something really delivers results!

So, tomorrow will be the last day of my challenge, and thinking about that inspired me to get on here and post a hello to everyone. Hope your weekend is going well!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:46 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Boyfriend's car broke down so i was out ALL day with him tryin to find a car. Didn't get to walk, so I'm using my pause day. Plan on walking when he gets home tonight.

Did do 7m in 31 minutes @ 13mph on the bike though. SO atleast I accomplished something...
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:34 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Just a little bit of interesting information I just found. All this time I thought I was walking 1/2 a mile. Its actually a mile. Somehow my dad got that its 4 times around to make a mile. Its only 2. Or one if u take all the courts....WOO HOO that means I have been walking a mile
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 AM   #53  

Hello all!

Bet you thought I was awol!

Today is the end of my 21 day of my no regular soda challenge!!!

I did it, I did it, uh huh, uh huh, yeah!

I have to start over on my exercise challenge.

My husband took a job 13 hours away and he will be gone from us for 3 months. I was busy helping him get ready to leave. Him leaving was hard for all of us. He has never been away that long before. Being away from the kids and myself is really hard for him and us. But it will benefit us in the long run and it's not forever.

Well I'm going to stay busy so I can keep my sanity (as if I'm not busy enough working full time with 4 kids).

Well better go.

Good luck to everyone.

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:56 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Day 2 done!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:32 AM   #55  

Day 2 done.

And we're surrounded by success!! Tina has managed to stay off the full-fat soda (to borrow an expression from my English cousin), and Chaps is inches away from her 21-day prize. Amazing how much faster other people's 21 days seem to go!!

So here's a 21-banana salute for you both to share:

And while I'm at it, how about a few random bravos and bouquets and so on:

carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:39 AM   #56  

Smile Day 4 and cruising!

Things are looking like I may be getting back on this wagon after all.

Congratulations on completeing your challenge Tina! It feels good doesn't it? It's been a really long time for me, but I still remember. Sorry to hear about dh going away for so long, that would make me nuts I know. Keeping busy is the key so it sounds like you'll do alright in spite of things.

Well, I set myself some goals yesterday. Four to be exact. I accomplished two of the four. So I'm adding my goals to this challenge. When I post on here as my challenge requires, I'll set myself no less than 3 goals for that day. Then the next day I'll have something to refer back to and have all of you to hold me accountable also. LOL!

With that said, my goals for today are:
1/ Drink 5 glasses of water.
2/ Find my food journal and dust it off.
3/ Plan my meals for next week.

Wish me luck! I hope everyone has a great day!!
Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #57  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Three cheers for 21 days down!!!

Hurrah for Tina!! You just kept swimming!!! Twenty-one days without regular soda!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:30 AM   #58  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

"Not meant to share your babies" with us?!?!?! Don't be absurd!! Did you figure it out? How to detach the photo from your email?? Actually, you don't "detach" it. You save it onto your computer. If you have a Mac hold down the control button while clicking on the photo that comes up in the message part of the email. If it doesn't come up you can probably do the same with the file name. If you have a PC, then click the right button on your mouse. Something like "save image to disk" or "save attachment" should come up. Hit that and save it somewhere you can remember where it is, like the desktop. Then you should be able to work with the picture from there. It's possible that that will not work, in which case you have to do the same but instead of saving it you will first need to open it with a photo viewing application and then save it again with "save as." Good luck!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #59  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default I did it!

I finished 21 days straight through, doing my ab workout! I feel really great, but the best part is, I also feel that I have adopted a new habit. Because I can see and feel the results, there is no way that I am going to stop doing it now! Thanks to everyone for support, I really like coming here each day to read what is up with everyone and hear other success stories.

I do believe my next challenge will be no chocolate. I will start that on Monday... unless it turns out that I don't eat any today or Sunday. But I will leave that possibility open for now.

Word up, yo!
Old 09-24-2005, 09:09 AM   #60  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

didnt get a chance to post last night... but I completed day 12!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote