Old 04-05-2005, 03:35 AM   #151  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Good morning Vixens!

I meant to post yesterday, but after work, cardio-training and chopping down branches in my garden, I just collapsed in front of the TV before going to bed, and didn't even check any forum.

Going to grab a few things here and there from the posts...

Lynn - As yo uwere asking about body shapes, I'm clearly a pear. I have some fat on the stomach, that is, but clearly more on the hips, thighs and bottom, so I assume it's pear. I can see it as I lose weight, too, the clothing size for my upper body is almost down to something "normal", but the bottom part is harder to trim down My boobies are going away slowly as well, unfortunately. Tough...

Karen - I've been thinking the same, getting a tattoo later on, perhaps a nice kanji if I can find a word that both means and looks well. Navel piercing, I'm not sure, I'm not at ease in fact with the concept itself (my sister had had two and each time she got ugly infections, so, ugh, not very thrilled to try this).

Kim- Congrats on the loss!

By the way - would anyone here know where I could find a good conversion tool for US/Euro clothing sizes (and especially French)? It's pretty hard for me to figure out what everyone means by "size 8", "size 16" etc... Sorry for asking this, but I really haven't found anything, or when I found it, it was just as cryptic (as in, giving sizes for dresses but not for tops and pants... and the dresses sizes seemed different... I was pretty confused).
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 AM   #152  
Curvy Vixen

Hi Kery,
I have no idea what the euro/us size difference is. I'm a 14/16. I could only assume that euro sizes run smaller? I'm confused as well.

I think having a pear shape is healthier. Weight carried in the stomach can lead to heart problems and diabetes. I carry it major league in the tummy area.. I have a frumpy, dimply, tummy. Yuck. I know it will never be flat again, but I can be at a healthy weight, and who knows maybe i'll have the nerve to have a tummy tuck!

Happy tues all
LYNN~~
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #153  

Lynn - I've read this as well, regarding carrying weight in the stomach. I've never really understood, though, if it's having the weight there that meant growing these health problems, OR if the weight was getting there because of being at risk for these problems. Well, in any case, I hope that you can shed this off, even if it's not totally flat again, it will always be a good thing to have less weight there

I'm really so confused regarding the sizes. Here we tend to range from 34 to 52 (34 being for petite, very lean women, and 52 being the "limit" after which it gets pretty hard to find clothes in catalogues - although I've found some 50 in certain city stores). I know that for my upper body, for instance, I'm down to 38/40, depending on the clothes, fabric and manufacturer. I think the current "norm" is 38, but given my height (5'1), I don't even know if this is normal for me, perhaps I need to get down to a 36. Argh. It's so frustrating, though, not being able to "compare". Like when people post "yay I'm down to a size 8", I just have no idea of what they've accomplished; of course I can congratulate them, but, well, I still have no idea *lol*

Perhaps I should simply go with comparing the measurements. Conveting inches and centimeters would probably be easier. It'll just be a hassle to build my own charts, haha.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #154  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Kery, I wish I could find something to help you compare sizes. I haven't got a clue. Surely there is something out there though. I will keep looking.

Kim and I went for our walk today. It is a gorgeous day to walk here. How is the weather everywhere else? Sunny Spring days make me sneeze, but they sure do motivate me.

How is everyone doing drinking their water? I am having a hard time, but I am going to try extra hard to do better.

Be back later!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #155  

Kery, I lived in Germany for 4 years and i could never figure out the sizes. I'd just start somewhere in the middle and work my way either up or down until I found something that fit so I'm pretty useless with converting sizes. LOL **** I have issues finding clothes here.. the sizes are so not uniform that you wear an 8 in one brand and a 12 in another.. arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh maybe we should just do measurments..it would make it so much easier
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:44 AM   #156  
Movin' right along...

Kery...most of the stores that I shop at have the Euro and U.S. sizes on the tag. Iwent through my "fat" clothes and found this...My pants that are a size 14 in U.S. sizes converts to a 46 in Euro sizes. With that, you should be able to get a general idea. I would assume that 44 is a 12 in U.S., 42 is a 10, 40 is an 8, 38 is a 6, 36 is a 4, 34 is a 2, and girls excuse me for saying this...32 is a 0*gulp*

Hope this helps Kery

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #157  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi vixens...

I have been busy with school, work, kids, etc...so I haven't had much free time. And last night I was just plain pooped out and fell asleep early (a rarity for this night owl!). I just wanted to say hi...hopefully I will get time to check back in later. Until then have a happy healthy day.

BTW, Lynn--Wendys chili is actually not too bad for you! I know a small chili is 4 WW points, and a large is 6 pts. And pretty filling too! Better then cookies anytime! Ha! I eat the chili for lunch quite often as there is one across the street from my office. Not too bad! And your house is beautiful!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #158  

Haha, I see that we're all confused with the sizes, at least I'm not alone

Deanne - Thanks a lot, this actually sounds like something logical to compare said sizes. I'm not sure that the "Euro" one is exactly similar to the French one (oh yeah, did I mention that we *also* have differences depending on whether it's in France, Germany, UK etc? ), but a FR/Euro chart is easier to find here than a EUro/US one, and I should be able to find this more easily. Thanks

Size 0, this does exist? Wow, who can squeeze into that?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:25 PM   #159  
Curvy Vixen

size 0?? my daughter... she is a 0 or a size 1, sometimes a 3, depending on the brand. She is 5'0 100 pounds.. disgusting isn't it.. and she eats like a horse!!

Karen~~ chili 6 pts? wow... I love their chili! Thanx for mentioning the house... I hate to clean it thou... I will be here when I'm old and gray and my grandchildren have grandchildren.

Talking about clothing and sizes... they opened a Torrid plus size clothing store in the mall near me. I love their clothes. I like them better than other stores!! now now i'm not saying that doesn't give me the right not to lose weight, right? I love ann taylor the loft and hope to be in their stores soon...catch all latah..
LYNN~
Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #160  
Curvy Vixen

btw, how many pts in a cup of red grapes????
Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #161  

My daughter is a size 00 if you can belive that. She's 5'2 and all of 85lbs soaking wet. Finding jeans is such a PAIN!!!
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:48 PM   #162  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls!! I have decided to try something different. Nic is working night shifts. He leaves for work at 8pm and gets home at about 6am. Now, when I get on his schedule and we wake up in the evening, it makes me want dinner rather than breakfast. So, Ill eat dinner and then end up overeating throughout the night. So, I decided to have my dinner when I wake up in the evening. Then, have my "lunch" about 4-5 hours later(with a light snack in between meals). Then, have breakfast with Nic when he gets home at 6am. I know this is backwards. I just think that it will work. I tried it tonight and so far so good. I will have a light breakfast when Nic gets home. I have heard that not eating heavy before you sleep is better for you anyway. So, having a large meal when I do get up will hopefully give me more energy throughout my day. Is this confusing?? Do you think it will be ok to do this?? I will still be at 22 points.

Anyway, I finally let the hedgehog go. I felt so bad that he had been in a cage. If he was bought from a pet store, that would be different. They are raised in cages. This one wasnt. So, Nic took him back to where he was found because he probably has a little home there. Im still hoping for my rabbit

Oh I tried a great frozen dinner tonight. It wasnt a healthy one. It was 9 points but I still have plenty left for the rest of my meals. It was a Stouffer's Rigatoni noodles with pesto sauce and roasted white meat chicken. Im a pesto freak. I have mastered the art of making it. This meal had very good pesto!! I added some tomatoes to it. Yummy.

Karen- How are things going with the diet??

Lynn- Im going to go to the WW site and find out how many points they are. Ill be right back. By the way, I added you to my aol buddy list.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #163  
Curvy Vixen

Hi deanne,
Thanx for adding me to your list I'll do the same.. you can reach me also on itzmontana, that is my other sn.
I worked 12 hour night shifts for 8 years. I know exactly what you are doing and it worked great for me. I lost 45 pounds. I think it is great you are on the same schedule as nic, this way you can spend time together. It does get hard staying up all night only to sleep in the day time. Your sense of time gets thrown off. Is nic doing this for good? or does he schedule change again???
I found out tonight that a good friend of heather's has been drinking, she is 15 ( so is heather). I asked heather about it and she knew about it. Heather states she has never touch a drop of booze and doesn't have the desire to. Apparantly these kids are drinking mikes hard lemonade, it throws off the parents as it looks like regular lemonade. This kid is a good kid!! Plays softball, cheerleading and is a great student.I'm so shocked by this!! Now do I tell the parent?????? I feel like i'm in a very bad position. Heather said this girl has gotten mixed with a bad group of girls and they dare each other to do things. We live in a very small town and I know eventually this mom will find out, but I don't want to be the one to tell her! I'll have to sleep on it..
good night..
Old 04-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #164  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Deanne, AWE! I am sure Brillo is happier with his regained freedom. You were probably right in doing so. I know the cat is missing him! Here is hoping that you will get a cadberry bunny. I think it is great that you are getting on the same schedule as the hubby. I hope it works out for you!

Lynn! You will make the right decision. I have a 13 year old son (will be 14 in July) and I am so not looking forward to this. Personally, If it were my child, I would hope that another parent would let me know. Actually, I would be upset if I found out another parent knew and didn't tell me. Tough place to be in though. I don't envy you. I know my time is coming! UGH!

I have guzzled all the water I can stand for the day. I am sure I will be up all night peeing!

Gotta go get some zzzzzzzzzz's. I am keeping the other kims (goddesskim) little one tomorrow. Can't keep up without rest! That is for sure!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #165  
Curvy Vixen

Good morning vixens,
Deanne, you did the right thing with brillo, I know it is hard, but you knew deep down that he needed to be free. That is the most unselfish act!

I'm going to tell the parent about this kid's drinking. I think I'm going to stop Heather from going to all these house parties for awhile.She can go to the movies, mall and have kids here as I know what they are doing. I'm so shocked at some of these parents who think... " well my kid is home, so what if they have a wine cooler"
We have a very open household here. We talk about everything, Jim and I try to allow the kids to make most of their descions, we feel they will best learn by them if they experience them. I'm so appauled by some parent's attitudes. Alot of the kids that my daughter is friends with, I thought we were on same page as the parents, come to find out these parents are way to free. Your child isn't your friend!! They need guidence.

The weather is warm and sunny here.. warm I mean 60 degrees that is a heat wave for upstate NY this time of year...
post latah..