Old 08-28-2003, 10:26 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

WTG Renee, with the treadmil and the chili. Sounds yummy to me. I had a peanut butter sandwich for super tonight. Oh what a thrill. Could have been worse though.

Just thought that I would check in tonight before I settled down with a book. I just love the fact that I am home alone tonight and can do whatever I need to do. There is lots that needs doing but for mow I am doing nothing and am planning on enjoying it. Catch everyone in the morning.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:48 AM   #77  

Good Morning Ladies!

How is everyone doing? This weekend was veryyyy busy. My oldests sons birthday was yesterday (31st). He turned 15. All I heard all day was, when are you taking me now to get my learners, which car or truck are you and Dad gonna teach me with! Whoaaaaaa there junior! Gee, I hadnt even thought of "driving". It didnt even cross my mind that 15 meant learners license! Oh my. Im not prepared for this one at all lol. This leads to drivers license and taking the car out alone by this time next year. . I want my 5 year old back lol. I guess its official though. I dont have my small babies anymore. I have young men. I sat there wondering where all MY time went. They grew so fast. My mom tried to tell me yesterday that she warned me this would happen. One day, POOF, they would grow up. Sad. Very sad. You pray for it when they are little, then you wish for it all back when they get this age.

On a lighter note, my WATP's videos have brought me to 180!!!!! I weighed this morning. Badmitton and then WATP's is really helping me push now! I was hoping that adding a different exercise would jump start me, since I was stuck there for a while, and it did! 170's, watch out.

Sandy, how are you doing? I have been reading your journal. Sounds like Richard and you are doing well. Also sounds like though, that he may be having 2nd thoughts, or is worried you may be accepting his first wish, to separate, especially after requesting that you give him a "kiss" bye. How are you with all this? I wish you the best. Im thinking about you and sending a .

Renee, how is your day going? Have any great Labor Day plans? Anyone BBQ'ing? My hubby had to work, so we are just gonna sit around. A nice relaxing lazy day! My kids love chili, but I dont know if I could coax them into Veggie Chili. Where did you get the recipe? I may look at it and improvise If I need too. I have a house full of Anti-Veggie eaters.

Im gonna head out now. Gotta wash my horrid little car, mow, finish laundry and then find some fresh new idea for supper. Any hints?

Everyone take care, talk to you all later.
Kehush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:58 PM   #78  

stir fry. that is what i am having or it is as of now
Old 09-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #79  

I wish I knew how to make a good stir fry. My hubby and I love it. I even bought a WOK, and I havent used it yet. I know mine will never taste like real authentic Stir Fry's. Do you have any ideas and tips on how to make good ones? Seasonings or sauces to add, etc?

My neighbor mowed my yard again! GRRR. THATS my JOB. Thats one of my exercises during the week. I started to go out there and pull her off the mower and smack her. Instead, I graciously walked out and asked her to please leave the mowing to me. She said her Dad had asked her to do it for me, since I do so much for him. Well, I felt bad then and said Thanks alot for the help. Ruined my perfectly good tantrum by telling me that. Can you tell its TOM time? Or Damien as my loving hubby refers to it. Or my kids fav, Mamas got that female problem again. Grrr. MEN.
Back to work tomorrow too. Ms. It will be back as well. How wonderful. I think I need another day off. Ive got a bad case of buttitis. Ive just been sour all day. To add to it, my brother and his family of "8" come over. Kids everywhere! All shapes and sizes. I just didnt think this day would end.

I did cook some great turkey burgers, gravy and mashed potatos for the guys, and me some baked squash and collard greens. Mmmm good.

Ive bummed you all enough. Im headed to the shower. Finished my 4 miles again. Ill talk to you all later. Take care and have a wonderful night.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:14 AM   #80  

Good morning everyone!

Kevin, I really understand about wanting to throw the tanturm. I think that we all need some sort of release every now and again. Lately my release thing has been in the form of a good ole scream every now and again. Work has gotten to me in a bad way. Time for another vacation and the sad part is that I have used up all of my days this year. I guess that I will just have to deal with it the best way that I know how. As for stir fry, I really just play with it each and everytime. I am not that good at it either but I still try it. I just wish that I could get my rice seasoned so that it wouldn't taste so starchy. I do use a spice called oriental 5 seasoning. It's alright but nothing to write home about. There are also some really good stir fry liquids out there but I can't recall who makes them I just go to them in the store.

I have to take Corey to one of his doctors today and I am going to demand that they try to get to the root of the cause of his accidents. I do know that there are times when he honestly doesn't realize that he has had them, then there are sometimes that he is just plain lazy. It is those times that he doesn't realze that has gotten me worried. I think that I am going to visit wally world as well today and see what tapes they have there. Just might even pick up one ifin it is cheap enough.

Renne, how is it going with you? Hope that all is going well right now.

Time to get a move on catch everyone later.

sandy
Old 09-02-2003, 06:06 AM   #81  

Good Morning!

Is Corey's accidents number 1 or number 2 or both? My oldest went thru something like that, when he was 5. Ran tests, searched for everything. Doctor finally told me he was being lazy. Having too much fun playing or watching TV and didnt want to take the time to go potty, so he just did it. Do you think he could have a bladder or kidney infection? I sure hope the doctor helps you find the cause. I can imagine how frustrating and nervous it is not knowing what is going on in his little body. Its hard when kids are young and they dont or cant tell you exactly what their bodies are doing. Im a freak out mom. Id freak out at every little spot they had on them, every sneeze, you name it. I think I drove my kids nuts, not them driving me nuts. My mom said I was gonna make them nervous wrecks. Thats the best thing now about them being the ages they are, they tell me EXACTLY where it is, what it is, and then wanna show you, lol. Their Dad gets most of the "show me's" now.

Well back to work today. I want to take more time off as well Sandy. I have 30 days I can still take. Banked from last year. I get 3 weeks vacation each year, plus my 12 sick days. I loose vacation days each year, cause we can only take a total of 30 into the new year. Im the Senior Housing Manager, and if I miss 1 little day, all heck seems to break loose and I have 3 days worth of mess to clean up for just being gone 1 measley day. Im afraid to go anywhere. Only 4 months left though, Im gonna take some at some point. Even if it is only 1 day at a time. Its better than nothing.

Renee, how is dance and soccer going? How are YOU doing? Have you began helping with your friends day care yet? Hope you are doing well and taking care of yourself. Hope to hear from you soon. Miss ya.

I better get scootin as well, gotta get myself dressed for work, then the boys up and attem. Everyone have a wonderful day, take care and Ill talk to you later tonight.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #82  

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls!

i feel so guilty when i don't make it here to chat, but life has been crazy! I miss you guys too. Sometimes i think I don't know how I ever found all the time to correspond everyday!! My puter has been slow too--so if time is short, i don't have time to write--just read. Anyway, miss you guys!

WTG on the weight loss to 180 pounds kevin!!!!!! That is just so great! You have come so far! That is incredible--55#! Well, you know you have come too far now to ever go back! The chili recipe is here on the 3fc site under lowfat meatless dishes--favorite vegetarian chili, it's called. Stir fries elude me too--but like Sandy i use the bottled sauce--I like Mr. Yoshida's sauce myself. It's pretty flavorful. I do like flavorful things! happy belated bday to your 15 year old. My daughter turned 11 yesterday and like you (only not as bad) am saddened by her growth! Oh well, you gotta let go sometime--they say. I think I will probably mentally block out the driving thing myself too--until it is thrust upon me! Yes, I will take the babies anyday--not so many worries!

Sandy, sorry to hear your problem with Corey continues. Maybe it's physcal and pschological due to all the recent changes in his life. Children often release stress in strange ways that they are not even aware of. anyway--good luck with that. I hope they resolve the problem for you soon.

I still have not been real good eating wise--but exercise is better. I have neither gained nor lost. I guess that is good at this point. We had a bbq on Sunday to celebrate DD's bday and I baked and she got an ice cream cake--so things were not too great over the weekend. I did make some veggie soup yesterday to freeze and eat--it came out good. I added a can of diced tomatoes with jalepenos and it really gave it a kick! Yesterdays weather was so bad! Rainy and cold--so it was good for soup making.

anyway--be good to yourselves! Talk to you later!
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #83  

Evening everyone.

Corey has to go for test next Tues. I am praying that it is as simple as him just being lazy. Time will tell.

Renee, I think that I am with ya on the eating nd such. It is time for me to get my rear in gear. I told Corey that this was his last nite for desert. Lately he thinks that it isn't desert unless it is junk. Time to get back to the fruit and veggies.

Kevin, I hate going back and playing catch up. WTG on the loss. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:22 PM   #84  

Hey Everyone!

Thanks on the support you two. I have come along way and I sure as heck have no intentions of going back! I just wished I had found this WATP's dvd sooner, or got off my stingy billfold and bought it sooner. I credit my doing it each night to helping the weight start back dropping. I just needed more activity. Both my boys told me tonight, Wow mama, you really can tell you are getting skinny, lol. Made me smile all over. I told my hubby I was down to 180 and he just goes, thats great and turned to continue watching TV. Oh well.

Sandy, be sure to keep us updated on Corey. My thoughts are with you. Im sure things are fine, and the doctors can help you. Corey likes the nice sweet deserts too huh? My boys do as well, too bad they only get them occasionally lol. My mom says I should be ashamed of myself. That I should buy them snack cakes and chips and what not. Why? When I do, they eat the entire bag in one sitting. Or they can eat an entire cake in 1 day. (sons 15th birthday cake) They cant eat a little at a time, they want it all gulped down immediately. Do yall run into that prob with your children? Is it because I dont buy it often, and they freak out and go nuts and eat it all at one time?? Hmmm.

Renee, Ill have to look at the recipe section here. I havent ever looked anywhere but the journals and the forums. I forgot all about a recipe section. Duh. Its great that you have been maintaining. Im sure with the kids in school now and you being able to have more you time, that you will be widdling away soon! When does the weather up your way, begin to get cold? It wont get cool here til around the middle of November.

Mr Sandman is calling me. Hubby had to work 2 shifts today. He has been at work since 6 am this morning. Wont be home til 3 am tonight. Thank goodness he has tomorrow off. Ill talk to yall tomorrow. Take care, have a great night, see you tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:22 AM   #85  

Morning!

Kevin, I think that it is great that your sons noticed your loss. As for DH I think that he has but isn't ready to admit it. Richard never said anything about my loss until he was gone for a lilttle while and then came back here for a visit. OK, he has been up here and I have been playing home health nurse, by helping with things such as bathing. People tell me that I am crazy to help. but I feel so bad for him.

Got im some really good ab work last nite. I wasn't able to get the WATP tape but I am going to wally world tonight I hope to find it and get it. Wish me luck that I can find it on VHS. No DVD here that is until SANTA shows up. Got that covered for Corey. Everything is in layway. All I got was a PS2 and 2 games and talk about the bill.

About the sweets, Corey does that as well. Gulps it all down. I try not to keep too many sweets and chips here as well. There has been a bag of KC Masterpiece chips here for over a month and they are still unopened. I try to tell Corey that sweets for deserts are alright every now and again but fresh fruit is much better. It has been working that is until he goes to my mothers. I guess that I will have to get over it. Time to finish getting ready.

Here's to a great OP Day.

sandy
Old 09-04-2003, 02:43 PM   #86  

Hi everyone! My name is Sharla, married, one child and on my way to losing alot of weight! Hope you all don't mind me jumping in here, I have read the posts and it sounds like you all are very motivated! I have 129 pounds to lose and I lost 10 pounds on Phase One of the South Beach Diet. I know the weight will come off slower now on phase 2 but I'm geared up and ready to go.

Kehush, my hubby is the same way! Loves the tv but let me eat something I shouldn't have and sure notices that!!

Sounds like you all are doing a great job on your weight loss. Keep up the good work and congrats!
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:25 PM   #87  

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls!

Started my new job helping out my neighbor--and I hope i didn't bite off too much to chew!! Whew! There are alot of kids over there!! She also asked me to do more hours than I initially planned for--but oh well, I want to put away the $ to take the kids to Disney World next year.

kevin, it is so great when people start to notice the loss--and yours is so considerable, men are sometimes in a trance when they are watching tv. You know, it's that men are not capable of multitasking like us women! They're minds can't handle it! When does our weather turn really yucky? Cold...it's already starting to turn cold here. Tonight it is supposed to go down into the 40's--brrrrrrrrrr. And snow on halloween is not uncommon. Enjoy your lovely Georgian weather, my dear! You know my ultimate goal for retirement is to move south!

Sandy, did you know that you can play dvd's on your playstation? Actually, I find they play better on that than on the dvd player we have. Anyway, maybe you already know that...I too hope Corey's problem is easily resolved for you.

Sharla, nice to meet you! Hey, Sandy is from Ky too! Maybe your neighbors! Anyway, you are always welcome here. Things have been kind of quiet here from my end lately--but I have been corresponding with these two wonderful chickies now for months and they are just great! congrats on the 10#--that is a great start! Looking forward to hearing more from you! I have been doing SBD too! But lately, not so good.

Eating today was terrible. As was last night. Pizza and fast food. I have been so pressed for time! The kids activities, working, volunteering at school. No planning. Always bad. But..I have been getting lots of walking in as my neighbor, her dog, and I have become walking buddies lately. It is so nice. The walk goes by so swiftly. This neighbor will also be helping my day-care neighbor out (on the days I am not there)--so our walks will become less soon as things get into full swing at the day-care.

have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Renee

Last edited by healthyeater; 09-05-2003 at 10:28 PM.
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #88  

Welcome Hippy Chick!!!!!! Glad to have ya here.

Looked at the WATP tapes today and I saw one for abs as well and I think that I am going to get that one. I know that it wouldn't hurt any to do that one it can only help. I haven't had the time to get it yet but I might be able to get in tomorrow when I have to work wally world. That is if I am not too worn out. Eating was so so today. Went really good until I had to have some biscuits and gravy this evening. But hey I know that it isnt the end of the world and tomorrow is another day. I have decided to get back into the workout groove 1 day at a time heres to all the relearning it.

Time to get a move on catch everyone later

sandy
Old 09-05-2003, 11:18 PM   #89  

Thanks for the welcomes! I think I'm going to love it here!

We are having a little Fall Festival type thing this weekend in the town I live in and the first thing I saw was funnel cakes. I walked on by. Sweets are my weakness and I knew if I even tasted it I would be sorry! I got a grilled pork chop and threw the bun away. Big accomplishment for me!

Sandy, what part of Kentucky do you live in? I live in Western Kentucky. A little town called Poole. 1 gas station, post office, and about 6 churches. That's about all that's here!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 08:36 AM   #90  

Good Morning Everyone!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Sharla! Welcome to our cozy home. Kick your shoes off, and make yourself at home! We love to talk here, and hope to hear more from you! I can totally sympathize with you on the small town. My quaint little town has 1 grocery, 1 hardware, post office, police depart (that they just reopened) and 4 convenience stores LOL. I have often giggled about the 4 gas stations. Its amazing that they have been able to stay in business in a town with so little population! I see more people walking around town, than I see driving cars hehe. Oh well!

Renee, sounds like you have alot going on! Congrats on starting your new job. I know your neighbor is very thankful! Have fun! Your weather is gonna be in the 40's this weekend???? Oh my goodness, I couldnt stand it. My body does not function in cold. Im dreading it alot! I need all the weather I can get. Im worrying about my weightloss too, when it gets burry outside. I wont go outside. Ill have to get my willpower in full motion. And make my body get on out there. Thank goodness it wont drop that low here for a few more months! You may have had what you feel were bad food days, but it sounds like you are really setting the asphalt on fire with your walking! Great job! It is wonderful to walk with a buddy that you can have a great time with talking, makes it not feel like a chore, and you loose track of time and all. Congrats!

Sandy, I know you will enjoy any WATP's video you decide to purchase. Just from watching this one, I cant imagine Leslie Sansone making a bad one! She is so uplifting! And a great motivator! She needs to franchise her fitness studio, Id gladly pay to join. Have you heard anything back yet about Corey's tests? Please keep us informed. How is Richard recuperating? Is he feeling 100 percent yet?

From the time listed on all yalls posts, looks like I logged out of 3FC just as you all were logging in!!! Would have been nice having everyone on, maybe we could have had a quick chat! We will definately have to set that in stone sometime. I think it would be great.

Well, everyone is starting to arise from their slumber. I better get moving. Have a great Saturday everyone. Take care and Ill more later!!!!!

(I love those icons, lol)