Old 10-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #106  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

SO DARK OUTSIDE I WANTED TO CRAWL BACK UNDER THE QUILT.
DID SOME COOKING FOR THE WEEK LAST NIGHT.
2 CHICKEN BREASTS AND A TINY SIRLOIN ROAST.
TRYING TO WATCH MY WEIGHT CAUSE IT'S BEEN CREEPING UP AGAIN.
DOES THIS WEIGHTLOSS CRAP NEVDER END???
WITH MY LUCK, I'LL BE AT GOAL WHEN I'M IN MY COFFIN
WITH THE SHOT AND NOW FEELING SO ACHY & "HEAVY",
THERE'S NOTHING NEW HERE. JUST TV & COOKING.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY...WOW!! YOU HAVE A GREAT MEMORY! BUT NO IT WASN'T BALA.
BALA QUIT THE ACCOUNTANT OFFICE WE HAD AND STRUCK OUT ON HIS OWN WITH A COUSIN IN CALIFORNIA. BUT GOOD MEMORY!!!
IT WAS ARUN....THE GENT THAT LOST HIS WIFE A FEW YEARS AGO THAT WE ALL MET WHEN THE SUB-STATION LIBRARY WAS HERE DUE TO RENNOVATIONS ON THE OLD ONE QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO.
YOUR DINNERS SOUNDED DELISH AND TOO BAD WE'RE SO FAR AWAY!!
SO WAS MOM IN THE KITCHEN COOKING WITH WINNIE THE POOH??
GLAD TO HEAR THE ROAD IS COMING AND JUST IN TIME!!!
SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE TO WORK THOUGH. YOU'LL BE POPPING AWAY FILLING THOSE BAGS!!!

SHAD....THAT'S NOT A BAD DEAL WITH THE JOB.
I THINK YOU CAN TAKE 2 DAYS DOWN WITH THE BABE
JUST REMEMBER IT'S SOPHIA YOU ARE GOING TO SEE....AND DS1 OF COURSE
HOPE THE TOOTH HOLDS OUT TILL THE DENTIST CAN FIT YOU IN ON THIS SCHEDULE. GEEZ

CEEJAY....OMG! SHE IS GOING ANYWAY???
I AM IN SHOCK. I BET YOU WERE SURPRISED TOO WHEN YOU GOT THERE.
I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE IS PACKED AND READY TO GO.
I HOPE SHE'S NOT SORRY LATER ON AND LOST HER PLACE TO LIVE. YIKES!!
WE HAD A NICE DAY HERE TOO...HOPE YOU GOT BACK OUTSIDE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning.
Last night I saw that the tub was not draining properly when I was taking my shower and woops it was coming back up under the commode. What a mess!!!!!! I heard the sewer line gurgling this morning when I brushed my teeth. I get to call the land lord in the morning. Just talked to my neighbor and she said nothing was wrong with hers.
I had to drive in rain on the way to work this morning.

Mel
Yes, I was surprised when I got to her apartment Friday and saw all those boxes. I can understand her situation and I told if it did not work out for her to come back. She has severe back problems. Multiple back surgeries and the surgeon forgot a pinched nerve. She's going to check out the doctor's out there and hoping she can find a doctor that can help her. And, I suppose it's true that this weigh loss journey will be on going for the rest of our lives. I've decided to eat healthy and lighter. Seems to be working. Hope the flu shot does not get you down.

Happy
I saw the cute video on FB with you and your mom. Sorry your mom is not doing well right now. But so thankful she was with some one.

Shad
Congrats on your weight loss also.

Ellen
Are you swamped again?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #108  

Morning all.

Ceejay - I hope your friend's move goes well and she can find help for her back problems - though I'm not sure why Utah is the solution - or is that where the other friend is located? Hope your drain problem gets sorted.

Mel - Oh what a cute photo you posted today!! Hope you get to see your Indian friend again next year. Sorry it's dark by you - we've got day # 2 of gloominess here as well. Boo. Good for you for cooking. My curried veg stew w/ chicken is just so-so. I'll have to play with the seasonings a bit and hope to salvage it. And I'm going to make some rice to have with it. But the recipe is not a keeper. Yeh, I think I worry more about the elbow tendonitis than the shoulder because it'll probably be chronic because who can give up the movements that cause it every time there's pain? I'm a lefty and the problem is with the right, but still, I use both quite a bit - that's how I messed up the shoulder and elbow this last time anyway!

Happy - Sorry you have to work today/tomorrow. Maybe your mom can drop in on the shop for a visit. What a pain trying to get the right drugs and dosages for your mom and your hubby! I hope it happens soon - high bp and palpitations, etc must be scary for all of you. Another Worldlie cooking - sounds yummy. Now I want to make something! Oh, I always thought the coconut milk would give a sweet, rich flavor, but not so in my disappointing veg curry. Boo. Bf is standing in for what I imagine a PT would do, though I've had pt in the past for the rotator cuff and it was more like he led me through exercises, didn't physically help with them. Bruce Willis was fine in Looper. Whenever he doesn't have that smirk on his face, he's fine, lol. Congrats on the good doctor appt results and the weight loss!! Nice that the doc doesn't feel the expensive lung test is necessary. I'm sure you and your wallet are relieved!

Shad - Glad you found something cooler to wear in Darwin, and hope you find more. Way to uncomfortable to wear the fabrics that don't "breathe", yet sometimes it seems like that's all that's being sold because it's cheaper to produce. I'm sure you'll be able to bear two days to see Sophia and DS - it'll be nice to see how she's changed since you last saw her! Sounds like your garden is going gangbusters - hope between you and DS you get to enjoy it. And yet another Worldlie doing some weekend cooking! Something to look forward to on those future weekends at home.

Michelle - I'm glad your counseling sessions are helping and that you're gettiing through this, difficult as it it. How was the haunted house??

Hellos to Annie & Ellen! Patty, safe travels to you and look forward to getting together tomorrow.

---
My dentist appointment was fine. Full mouth x-rays were taken since it had been about 5+ years. Doc says the bone beneath the gumline is looking good, and he seems surprised I haven't ground through my nightguard yet - it's got to be going on 8-10 years in age.

Didn't do all that much yesterday. After the dentist I stopped at the Talbot's outlet store on the way home. Everything was 80% off the lowest marked price, and nothing was more than $17.99. However...I only came away with a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt for $5 and a nice pair of wool slacks for $15. Yes, I already have three pairs of black dress slacks, but at least one pair is overdue for retirement and one other isn't holding up very well. So this find was timely. Too bad I couldn't find any jeans, really need a couple new pairs. A lot of the other items were just not my style, but I will probably regret not considering some of the "special occasion" clothes if we end up doing something fancy for NYE...

Other than that - watched some cooking and personal finance shows on tv and did some reading and did a couple loads of laundry. It rained on and off all day yesterday. Stopped by the library for a dvd and had forgotten it was the day of the village's octoberfest. What a shame this crummy weather probably wrecked attendance. The dog walk was sprinkly and that was after waiting a few minutes for a heavy shower that hit right as we left the house (the first time, lol). As I type, it is raining again. Hope it's stopped by the time dog walk time rolls around again!

Well, I think I want to cook something today - maybe a nice bolognese sauce like Shad made. Guess I'll look up a recipe in one of my America's Tesk Kitchen cookbooks and head out to shop for the ingredients.

That's about it for now. Cheers!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-14-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #109  

Height: 5'5"

LAdies, I am feeling like such a schlub. I feel like i havn't gotten anything done and I still havn't posted here. Trying to just get thru my day today, too rainy so it is really slow...no one is out shopping. Whish I could just go home and sleep. Too many late nights this weekend. DH and I have either gone to friend or had ppl over 2 days in a row. Just need to get some good sleep...hopefully I can rest tonight and get on with things tomorrow...Have to bal the checkbook ( highlight of my day) and go grocery shopping then work tomorrow. Whoo Hoo. busy busy.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #110  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good Morning from Brisbane airport, where I arrived much too early but that's better than the cab fighting through peak hour traffic and me getting there late.
Yesterday was busy, busy, busy but I got through most of it and got packed early. I went to bed at the normal hour but didn't sleep to well and was up at 2.00am padding around the house trying to work out what I had done or hadn't locked or whatever. Cup of tea later and I am back in bed and slept till the alarm. See, just look what a cup of tea can do.
I think I have done all I can and haven't forgotten anything. But I guess I won't know until I get there and start looking for it. Another beautiful day dawns in Brisbane but I'm off to sticky Darwin, where it will be hot and humid. Please remind me when I moan about the humidity in Brisbane next time.

Mel - no the weightloss never ends - ever! And the older we get the harder it gets. I was delighted when I hopped on the scales yesterday. They looked even better this morning but lets not get our hopes up too much. Much more is needed to get rid of some of this flab.

Happy - all that stuff with medicine. You must be feeling well frazzled. How is Mum going to do all this when she is home alone? Yep heliotrope is also known as the cherry pie plant. It's nice, understated, looks more or less after itself and smells just great. I've underplanted the roses so much with gerbera, heliotrope, some groundcover or other, allysum and lobelia and put in the spring bulbs of hippeastrum (great pink and white trumpets) that the roses now have to put on a great show to get noticed. DS2 comes round to the house a couple of times a week and my friend Chris from down the road comes in a couple of times and waters the garden and pots. She takes the veges as they come ready. Fair exchange. My neighbour over the road keeps an eye on the place - lovely lady and rings me if she is concerned about anything. Bless the neighbour. She also gets veges from the garden.

Ceejay - oh yuk. More plumbing woes. Hope they get fixed soon

Laura - on with the cooking. I have enough meals to last me about 3 three visits home. It's just the meat or vegetable component I have frozen since I hate frozen rice or pasta. In the time it takes to heat the main component, I can cook rice or through a potato in the microwave.
Sounds like you did some good shopping over the weekend.

Ellen - hope you have recovered from whatever ailed you and feeling better now. It's always go go go with kids and trying to entertain and keep the house as well is a real strain. Men don't ever seem to work that one out.

Better go on with the day. Not long until boarding time and I was hoping for some toast along with the fruit and yoghurt I have already had. But the queue up at the toaster and pancake machine is just as long as ever. Where do these people come from and don't they know it is my turn!!! back later
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #111  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

LOTS OF ALARMS TO REPORT. MOSTLY FALSE.
I THINK ONE WOMAN DIED AFTER LEAVING HERE.
WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE OFFICE TO CHECK.
NOT MUCH NEW HERE. JUST WATCHED TV, READ & RAN ALARMS.
I DID RUN DOWN TO THE LITTLE STORE AND GOT MILK FOR A TENANT TOO.
THE WEATHER WAS GORGEOUS BUT CHILLY FOR RIDING.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY...I'LL SEND OUR PLUMBER TO SAVE YOU!
HOPE THE WATER DOESN'T BACK UP AGAIN. I HATE SEWERS!
I ALSO HOPE THE BFF CAN FIND HELP FOR THE NERVE.
THAT'S A LONG WAY TO TRAVEL FOR A NEW DR!!
YOUR RAIN IS ON IT'S WAY HERE....DUE ANY MINUTE NOW

LAURA......I USED TO LOVE THE LOCAL OCTOBERFEST HERE.
THERE IS A GERMAN COMMUNITY HALL AND NUNNERY NEARBY.
THEY HAVE WONDERFUL FESTS THERE....OR USED TO.
GLAD THE DENTIST REPORT WAS SO GOOD.
AND SENDING A HUG FOR THE ARM
THOSE WERE NICE PRICES FOR TALBOTS!! WOW!

ELLEN....WHAT CAN I SAY???
NOT SURE HOW YOU KEEP UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!
HOPE THE LIFE GETS A LITTLE UN-BUSY.

SHAD....DID YOU EVER GET THE TOAST???
I SAT HERE LAUGHING AT THE LINE OF PEOPLE.
THE NOTICE ABOUT YOU ARRIVING MUST NOT HAVE BEEN DELIVERED
HOPE THE WEEK IN STICKY DARWIN WILL BE A GOOD ONE.
I SIT HERE SORRY I VER BIOTCHED ABOUT THE HEAT THIS SUMMER.
MY HEATER STANDS AT THE READY!!
I'LL SEND YOU ALL OUR AIR-CONS!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #112  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Long day at work yesterday, working today and tomorrow as well. But at least the owner is respecting my wish to work part time and I am only scheduled for 3 days a week. Yesterday the owner took me aside and said my coworker complained that I left the store dirty and did not mop the floors or do much one day last week. I exploded! How dare she! Don't know where that was coming from but that's it for me covering for her. This is the one who stands around complaining she is hungry or tired, checks her phone every 10 minutes for texts, takes smoke breaks and chats up with her friends who come into the store. No more of that. Fortunately because of our schedules, we won't be working together any more. The manager said she had to address the complaint but she can see what is going on from the spy cam/security system she recently put into the store. I have nothing to hide.

Shad - hope they found your luggage. I have found the queues at the pancake and toast areas in the hotels we stay at (free breakfast) are often clogged with little kids who consider the devices fun to play with. Frustrating when you need to eat quickly and get on with the day. Hope Darwin is not too steamy for you. The garden sounds lovely - great arrangement with the neighbors. We would never be able to grow your lovely flowers here - even down south we got enough of a winter's chill to kill them off.

Mel - how nice of you to run an errand for the neighbor. I can just see you driving down the street for a milk run At least you get a bit of fresh air.

Ellen - sounds like you could use a catch up day. Don't get too frazzled or you'll get sick.

Ceejay - OMG on the plumbing issues. Hope they get that fixed FAST! Yuck. Thanks for the comment on the video. We were just funning around and my niece loved it.

Laura - what a great score on the Talbot's clothes. They are so well made - great prices. I don't think you can ever have enough black dress slacks Sometimes I would pick something up for New Year's Eve and then we'd stay at home so I stopped looking at the formal stuff after a while.

Gotta hop in the shower and get out of here. Have a good Monday. Hellos to the rest of the Worldies

And Mel - I think you were right about some advertisement giving me problems typing a post - haven't had any issues since then. You are offically a PC geek now
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #113  

Morning all. And today, don't assume I mean "Good Morning" - I forgot my makeup bag at home (so my face is naked except for lipstick, which I had in my purse) and then my train had a mechanical problem during my morning commute.

We had just left the last station before the downtown one and we sat for about 10-15 minutes. Then they backed up to the station we'd just left and let us out to wait for another train. This is a big station with three different platforms and even though the PA system told us the next train would be on the center platform, one actually arrived on the platform to the north and the next one was on the platform to the south. At that point I headed over to that platform and got on that train and finally got moving again. Bleh.

Patty and I talked on the phone on Saturday evening and have plans to get together for dinner tonight. I look forward to meeting another Worldlie face to face!

Well, I'm gonna post this and then make up for lost time. I'll have to catch up on personals later. TTFN!!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-15-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #114  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Everyone...

and yet another Monday...blah...let's get on with the week.

Wednesday is a vacation day for me....going to the Covered Bridge Festival with Curtis..and Sassy too! Miss Sass has been a little $hit the last couple of nights..pooing in her cage. Don't know what is up with that.

Yum...lunch...leftover chicken linguini alfredo I made last night and a half of a pita with garden veggies...green pepper, tomato and banana peppers from the garden. That is all I have left. Eating the green tomatos as they turn red or yellow...still quite tasty. I am rather full.

Kept lil man Saturday night. He woke up at 11:30 with a bit of a cough and did not go back to sleep til 2:30 am...needless to say I was dragging all day yesterday.

Dad was not feeling well Friday night and having chest pains when my brother was there, so bro took him to the hospital. They gave him a nitro pill and aspirin, IV...he immediately began to feel better. Docs did all kinds of tests and could not find a cause other than it was definitely heart related. I think he was getting ready to have a heart attack. He was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I talked with him this morning and he sounded stronger on the phone and was pronouncing everything more clearly. Thank God. He goes tomorrow morning for an additional test, of what, I am unsure.

I did get the laundry done and the grass cut over the weekend. That is about the extent of my cleaning efforts. Just didn't feel like doing anything. Strange.

LAURA...seems like with that first thing gets screwed up in the morning..there is always more to follow. Naked face and cannot get to work, well one of those is good. lol. Gald you are meeting up with Patty. I love doing that stuff. Tell her I said hello.

HAPPY...doesn't that just p*ss you off when a co-worker says stuff about you to make herself look good? I had a situation here last week sorta along the same lines and I am still stewing over it. I know, don't let the ignorant people still our joy. I need to listen to my own advice.

MELLIE....talk about dark in the mornings...it is dark when I come to work and turning dark by the time I go home. Soon it will be dark when I go home. Bright side only 156 days till spring...notice I am zipping right by that awful S.

SHADDIE...better arriving early than not at all at the airport. Sounds like your garden is coming right along. How long is this assignment in Darwin?

CEEG...glad you made it back from Jonesboro safely. Wonder why your GF is going to move, but only for a year? Seems odd.

LAURA...sounds like you are busy as ever. Do you drink those 5 hour energy drinks? lol

CHELLE....sounds like the packing is coming right along...don't forget...one day at a time. May the force be with you!!

Better get this posted and back at it. I am not in the mood to be here, but thank the good Lord I have Wednesday off.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I sure hope the land lord's men get there today to fix the plumbing. It has been a inconvience.

Annie
Glad your brother took your dad to the hospital, and that he is now doing better. My friend has done strange things before. I'm bothered a it by it but like I said she's more than old enough to make her own decision.

Laura
Hope you and Patty have a good visit.

Happy
Your co-worker sounds like mine. I hope the owner gets to the bottom of it.

Ellen
I realize you are busy. Thanks for taking the time out to make an appearance.

Mel
More false alarms. Ugh. Life is never a dull moment is it.

Getting excited about going to Branson./Springfield area this week end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

Ceeg...have fun in Branson/Springfield...better than work or staying home and cleaning...lol
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Picture 1 is lil man tonight getting ready for his walk with Sissy....I love his hat and his blue eyes.

Picture 2 is lil man, sassy and pappaw, on Sunday morning. What love...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lil man fall 2012.jpg (21.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg pappaw, lil man, sassy 10.2012.jpg (14.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #118  
Annie - Indiana

Nuttin much tonight....ordered pizza, watched the tube...C went to bed at 8 and I am killin time before goin to bed. Sass is asleep in my chair with her lil bear. I am thinking of changing her name to Frankie!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

Sassy sleeping with her/really my bear that my son gave me when he was young...that Sass took over!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sass and lil bear.jpg (18.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #120  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Another day down and tomorrow I am going to see the Vienna Boys Choir. Should be good. Since it is so warm these days, I decided I would go to the theatre from work and have dinner and a couple of drinks along the way. I finish work sometime after 5 and the show doesn't start until 8. But if I go home, I will just have to walk in the heat yet again. So lets make it only the once.

Mel - yeah, I got the toast. Eventually they stopped gossiping over the toaster and moved aside, helped no doubt by a set of tongs waving a couple of slices of bread under their noses. I got my toast.
Sorry to hear about the old lady passing away. Another apartment to clean out - hope the family don't take too long to get her stuff sorted.
So now you are going for milkmaid of the year title?????

Happy - good old spy cam. Works every time. Geez what was she thinking. Oh sorry. She wasn't thinking past her own needs which sound like they are plenty.

Laura - what else happened? These things normally come in threes. Hope you have a great dinner with Patty. I've only spoken to her on the phone.

Annie - hope your dad is getting along okay. Sounds a bit scary for him. Poor old bloke. Love the photos of lil man and Sassy.

Ceejay - hope the plumbing is fixed by now. Nothing worse than the smell of old plumbing around the place. Are you driving to Branson?

OKay - gotta go turn the aircon down. Believe it or not, it is now getting too cool. Then I need to get some dinner on. Pork chop tonight along with some veges and some fruit and cheese for afters. Best get it sorted or I will still be here thinking about it at bedtime.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote