Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Passing through. I'm a bit bored and a bit unsettled from the confrontation with the neighbor. Have 2 doctor's appointments tomorrow not looking forward to the gyn.

Michelle
Hope things settle down for you. Have a good visit with the doggies and get a lot of packing done.

Hello's to the rest.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #32  

Hello Ladies,

Work is so busy right now, I don't know how I'm going to get everything in this month. State Fair, trip to IL, and a new program our group is moving to.. Maximo.. just found out I am on the team.. 3 x a week is what my training schedule is for the first month.. i'm already missing 4 days.. so much for training. I'm Blessed to have my job, but already getting stressed.

Mitchelle - so glad you were able to gather lots of boxes. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Laura - Uh, oh, Laura has knife skills, we better watch out or she might cut us out.. Sounds like fun.. I've always wanted to take a food class over at whole foods. I will pm you my info, but definitely want to get together.
Do you know if any trains go from where i'm at to chicago? I need to look into that, but haven't had time.

Annie - sounds like your PaRty was a blast. So sorry that C brother had to ruin the surprise. Some people can't handle other people happiness.. Don't let it spoil yours.. I want to see Hotel Transylvannia too.

Shad - where are you at? What type of contracts are you doing?

Ceejay - No one like the gyn but it's important, I hope all goes well.

Mel - your definitely a early bird. Why at 7am, i'm just putting my makeup on. I love your photo, I just love fall, the pumpkins, the colors. This weekend I"m planning on going to the Dallas Arbortum and to see Chiuly a special event, and to see the big pumpkin display. I'll take pictures and post some..

Happy - hello to you...

Last edited by 1day@atime; 10-03-2012 at 10:15 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Everyone has gone out to lunch to say farewell to a worker bee. since I haven't spoken more than 4 words to him I decided not to go. So here I am alone in the office apart from 1 other man who doesn't appear to speak to anyone except by phone.
Job is going on, and I get a little knowledge from time to time. And sometimes someone even tells me something I can use. Whooppee.

Saturday we (a lady who started same time as me) are going to a suburb called Casuarina. How we get there and back I have no idea but we should find out soon I guess. Aparently it is the biggest shopping centre around, which doesn't say much for the rest of Darwin, since the CBD is small enough to walk around in about 10 minutes (if you come from Brisbane or Sydney) and 20 minutes if you live in Darwin - they walk somewhat slower up here.

Patty - I am on a three month contract for the Northern Territory Government - an area otherwise known as the Top End. I have no idea what I was supposed to be doing, but will eventually sort it out I guess. Yesterday they told me I was on Contracts Help Desk (as in - we will set up a contract for 500,000 dollars for a period of 6 months for someone to fill in all the pot holes in the roads during the wet season. (Joking but something like that)). The Northern Territory Government tenders out all its repairs and maintenance jobs for roads, housing, hospitals, transport, etc., etc., They are putting in SAP (haphazardly) to capture costs, history, and who dunnit.
Hope you do get to meet up with Laura while you are in the area.

Ceejay - altercations with neighbours are unsettling, just ignore them and hope they go away. They can not ride on your coat tails or rely on you to feed and house them.

Michelle - ignore the piece of crud. He is not worth listening to and not worth talking to and definitely not worth allowing him to get under your skin. Ear plugs - whether switched on to anything or not. Play nicely with the doggies. Hope the sick on is getting her medicine properly. He probably just wants you to leave home earlier and so he can hide somethings that you are entitled to so don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he can still upset you. Silence is golden.

Laura - I have attached some pictures of friend R's new pad. She has the apartment on the 3rd floor front. You can see more or less what her lounge room will look like and the views are in the last one. No hunky manservant. Enjoy.

Annie - You should fly into Brisbane when you come to visit although you can fly into Cairns or Sydney. Should be some good bargains about.

Mel - love the harvest vegetables.

Okay - they are all back from their lunch. I'm off and will see you later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yungaba.jpg (26.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Yungaba1.jpg (25.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg yungaba2.jpg (47.1 KB, 9 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

I am back safe and sound. DH came a day early to get me which was an excellent idea as I have a 3 day work shift and that will be hard enough to deal with so the extra day back at home is welcome.

Mom decided to come stay with us for 3 weeks which is nice. We had a tiff when we got in but all got straightened out. They are working on the tiny bridge on the road to our house and because of the way they built the roads, I have to go over 10 MILES to come in the "back" way until the repairs are complete. I will get lost and waste alot of gas.

I missed the color season but DH took some amazing pictures which I will post once I get him to send them to me. I am greatful that our car rides back and forth were uneventful. I am tired, I thought that I'd have 2 weeks of boredom and while things started out slow the first 2 days, they quickly built up speed and I could not believe it was time to come back so soon. Mom is doing well, she gets a bit confused at times with the meds and is tired because of them but she is doing so well the doctors agree that they want to cut her presciptions and hopefully eliminate many of them soon. Always a good thing. She is starting to look rather fragile. I hope she enjoys our visit with us. She said she liked my cooking and being waited on, even if I was the "salt ****"

I had a great chat with Laura, I am looking for ways to get up near her to meet face to face. I think there is a special bond with the Worldlies, we get along so well.

I have certainly missed the Internet and my connections with everyone. And I have missed my bed. My Mom's guestbed is pretty horrid so I slept on an Aerobed / blow up bed for the last 2 weeks. Not comfortable. And my Mom has mirrors on the dressers that are just the right size to convince me that I seriously need to do something on the weight front so I am going to try Weight Watchers one last time - probably more intensely once Mom goes back.

Anyway, it's pretty late. I wasn't expecting company when I left and while DH has kept the house tidy, I needed to prepare the upstairs for guests so I had some work ahead of me tonight. Then spent some time catching up online and I am yawning enough so that my eyes are tearing so I think it's time to get my PJs on and sink back into my wonderfully comfy bed for a good night's sleep. Lots to do tomorrow so I'll try and get on to catch up although it might not be until later tonight.

to all the chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #35  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

quick post for me today...

Shad - I love the idea of ear plugs! Thanks! R's place is gorgeous! I can see why it's so costly; though for that price the seller should've thrown in a hunky man servant.

Happy - Glad you made it home okay. I hope Mom enjoys her visit at your place.

Patty - I heard on the radio this morning that the Rangers have to play for a wild card berth in the playoffs. Best of luck. I'll cheer them on.

Last night was fairly uneventful, thank goodness. I got in the house, unpacked, showered, spoke with the ex briefly about the dog's med schedule, and watched some tv. Santa missed me A LOT while I was at my friend's house. Everytime I got up and went into the next room, he was right there at my heels, like he didn't want to let me out of his sight.

I emailed my ex today about refilling the dog's meds, and also gave him my attorney's contact info.

I suppose I should get some work done. For the most part, I'm doing a little better and feeling a little stronger every day. I'm looking forward to Santa and I moving into our own place.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies...

Just had a phone call with my new boss. He is so nice and helpful. I am going to LV next week for two days. Wednesday/THursday. I am sure Sassy cakes will miss me. Anyway my new boss wants to talk about my career track and what/where we need to do to get things going. EXCITED!!!

Sassy's vet appointment went well. She now weighs 4lb 4oz. and 3 mos old. He said she looked great, fed

brb
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #37  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Quick post for me, lots to do today including the library, unpacking, meal planning and grocery shopping. Tomorrow we are going out for the Friday Fish Fry, yummy on that. Oh and despite some fast food and not too much activity at my Mom's I seem to have lost 4 pounds which is thrilling. I did make a point of walking each day, guess I have to keep up with that.

Annie, I'm delighted to hear that the new folks are taking an interest in you and your career at work. How nice will that be???? How much fun to go to LV too. Thank you so much for the seasonings - will definitely put that on the menu for next week. Adorable picture of Lil Monkey and Sassy - I can't believe how big he's getting. Happy birthday Curtis! My sister's 50th was yesterday. Hard for me to believe... Glad your party for him was a big hit but we knew it would with you cooking.

Shad - glad you made it to the next stop of the work tour. Seems like you always enter with chaos and then have to sort things out and fix all the pieces. Glad you got the baby gift. Sophia is just gorgeous. And so TINY. Awwwwwwww.

Michelle - I'm glad you found a new place. I hope you got more than your fair share in a buyout. But you were probably too nice knowing you. Ignore the mean comments from the other half - karma does bite back - wonder if the new ho will pamper him the way you did - at least you are leaving with the good insurance He's probably being mean because he knows he's WRONG. Anyway... the new apartment sounds very nice - at least you will have a doggie friend with you. It will all work out in the end, believe that. Glad you got moving boxes from Menard's instead of the grocery store. Produce boxes can and often hide vermin so those aren't the best boxes to use.

Patty - hope you get to meet with some of the ladies. I can understand how overwhelmed you must feel at work but just focus on the important stuff and do what you can. Keep plugging away, that's all they can ask - the expect more of course but it's their job to push, yours to keep your sanity

Laura - enjoy the knife skills class. We took one from Viking Cooking School and I enjoyed it. Not so afraid of the big chef's knife now, in fact I prefer it. They really do give some good tips in those classes.

Mel - you have posted some gorgeous pictures lately. Hope the autumn leaves don't bring you the sniffles. How is Jen's foot doing?

Ceejay - hope the doctor's visits went well. Are the leaves starting to turn yet?

Hi Ellen

Better get a move on here. Have a good one ladies.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #38  

Afternoon everyone. Lovely day out there today in my neck of the woods. Woods - ha- downtown here I feel sorry for the poor trees - they sure have the odds stacked against them being shadowed by tall buildings, deprived of oxygen by pollution and dehydrated by measly iron grates through which they are lucky to get much water at all.

Ceejay - Hope the doc appts go well today. No one looks forward to the gyn...

Patty - In your PM, let me know where you'll be at, but I'm sad to say that if you're somewhere near all the shopping (Woodfield Mall), the train line is not nearby. But let me know and I'll check your tranportation options, assuming you have that Monday free and intend to go into the city. In the meantime -keep calm and don't get overwhelmed.

Shad - Thanks for attaching the pics - what gorgeous views! That's going to be really nice for your friend - and you when you visit her, lol. Love those floor to ceiling windows. Hope you enjoy the big shopping center in the Darwin 'burbs.

Happy - Welcome back. It was so good talking with you. Hope we eventually get to meet face-to-face on one of your trips back. Sorry you missed the fall color up by you, and how long will the 10 mile detour last?? Bummer! But oh so nice to sleep in your own bed. Yay for the 4 pound loss!! Enjoy the fish fry tomorrow.

Michelle - Poor Santa missing you!! Soon enough you two will be off in your own place. Glad to hear you're feeling better and stronger each day. You'll get through this!!

Annie - Glad to hear things are off to a good start with the new boss. Sassy's definitely gonna miss you next week - good thing it's only a couple days!

Hellos to the rest of you!!!
---
The knife skills class was pretty good. The scheduled teacher was at another function, so he had a substitute - one of the former owners of a fancy French restaurant in our area that closed this past summer (Happy - Le Titi de Paris, if you're familiar with it). She was pretty good and interesting, but had a rather annoying speech habit that got old pretty quickly. She now teaches at a local college - wonder how the students like hearing that all the time...Anyway, we got to practice our knife skills on a number of foods - onions, mushrooms, shallots, leeks, chicken. Mincing, chopping, slicing, de-boning! Not too in-depth - it was only 3 hours, but it was helpful. It was surprising we managed to achieve what we did - we didn't cook (the instructor did), but the ingredients we prepped went into making a sweet potato soup (with onions, leeks, cream) and a chicken leg/thigh stuffed with a sausage/mushroom filling (called a "duxelle", we learned) wrapped with bacon and baked. While we ate our soup and chicken, the instructor prepared a simple apple tarte tatin - delish. I'd enjoy taking another class like that. I think bf agrees.

Nothing much else to report. It was raining and bf picked me up from the train yesterday. after work This morning I walked to the train - bleh. My right hip felt sore, but I'd walked it off by the time I got to the station. Glad I'll be able to pedal home tonight. As usual, I'll miss riding my bike when the time comes to stop in a few weeks.

Tonight I'll go to Costco to get my contact lens rx filled, or at least ordered. Stayed up late last night, so I'm tired, and TOM is kicking my butt this time around. Oh, reminds me, might switch up my ob/gyn before making my appt for Nov - either a different doc in the same practice, but at an office closer to home, or with another doc (Happy, the one you recommended a while back). So I'll probably make it an early bedtime tonight.

Okay, gonna see what the hours are for the costco vision center and then prep for a 2 pm meeting. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #39  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUST FOR A LAUGH.....TODAY I BOUGHT MY FIRST CHRISTMAS GIFTS!!
I GOT THE GIRLS INTH OFFICE TRADER JOE'S NEW BAG FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON. ROFLMAO
THEY'RE CHEAP SO I GOT ONE FOR EACH GIRL JUST TO SAY THANKS.

SHOPPING WENT WELL. THE STORE WAS FULLY STOCKED.
WE BOUGHT EVERYTHING WE NEEDED.
JEN CAME HOME AND A CATFOOD CAN FELL OUT OF HER CUPBOARD AND HIT HER On THE NOSE
poor kid looks like a boxer but no bruise yet.
i worked and then did our govt paperwork for heat.
it's that wonderful red tape time of the year :faint

OOPS....LOST MY CAPS....

TIRED NOW AND NEED A SHOWER.
THEN DO NOTHING BUT EAT!!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.
BE RIGHT BACK WITH PERSONALS...................................

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-04-2012 at 03:33 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #40  
Happy September

LAURA... CAN THINK OF A FEW PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO PRACTICE MY KNIFE SKILLS ON
ON SECOND THOUGHT I BETTER NOT ATTEND CLASSES LIKE THAT...IT COULD GIVE ME IDEAS!!HA!!
THE FOOD SOUNDED DELISH THOUGH. GLAD YOU LIKED IT.
SOUNDED VERY INTERESTING.
YOUR "NECK OF THE WOODS" SOUNDS LIKE MINE.
WE HAVE A LOT OF OLD TREES HERE THOUGH...GUESS THEY LEARED HOW TO "BREATHE & LIVE" IN GAS FUMES!!!!

HAPPY....I MISSED YOU HOPE YOU AND MoM ARE FINE.
CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!!! ANY POUNDS GONE ARE GOOD!!!
HOPE TOO THAT YOU GET TO SEE THE FALL LEAVES AT YOUR HOUSE.
MISSED YOUR POSTS!!!
JEN'S BETTER BUT IT WILL TAKE AWHILE LONGER.
CAN'T COME DOWN STAIRS WITHOUT PAIN. SO NO STAIRCASES FOR HER.
SHE ALSO FOUND GETTING OFF THE BUS PAINFUL TODAY.
SO SHE WENT DOWN BACKWARD LIKE I USED TO DO. IT HELPS.

ANNIE....WOW I AM GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE NEW BOSS & THE FUTURE.
WILL SEND YOU ALL MY GOOD THOUGHTS THIS MONTH FOR A GOOD OUTCOME
HAPPY 3 MONTH BD MISS SASSY
OUTBACK!!! YUM!!! NEVER BEEN THERE BUT HEARD ALL GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT.

SHAD.....I LOVE THE PICTURES!!1 OMG!!! LOTS OF ROOM IN THERE FOR ME TO RUN AROUND IN!!
I LOVE THE PLACE. GET ONE OF THOSE FOR CHRISTMAS....OK????ROFLMAO!!!
I DO WISH HER WELL IN THE NEW ABODE THOUGH. I AM JEALOUS!!!!
HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE SHOPPING CENTER.
HOW AE YOU GETTING THERE??? SADDLE UP A KANGAROO???

MICHELLE...YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT.
TRUST ME. ONCE THE PAIN LESSENS....YOUR NEW LIFE WILL BE EXCITING TO BEGIN

PATTY....SENDING YOU A SPECIAL WORK HUG
STAY STRONG WITH THE CHANGES & CLASSES.
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. CHANGE CAN BE GOOD SOMETIMES.
LET GO OF THE ANXIETY....THIS ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS AN ATTACK EACH MORNING
KEEP WELL AND GET REST WHEN YOU CAN!

CEEJAY....SORRY YOU ARE FEELING UNSETTLED WITH THE NEIGHBOR.
WISH IT WOULD JUST ALL GO AWAY!!
GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR APPTS & REULTS

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-05-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Wish I could go to LV. My sis who lives in Dallas, has grand children who live there. Sounds like good things are coming your way.

Patty
Mel has given some god advice concerning the job. Hang in there.

Mel
Poor Jen. Hope her nose doesn't turn blue. People will think you two have had a fight. he he. Like the tote.

Laura,
I wish I could use a knife that well. I watch some of the cooking channels on t.v. They make it looks so easy.

Ellen
Are you a busy beaver?

Happy
Glad you are back home. We have missed you. Enjoy the visit with your mom.

Shad
Wow, those pictures are amazing. Always wondered what 1.3 million would look like. I used to watch the show house hunters, but don't think they ever showed the outside.

Michelle
I knew I was forgetting someone. Try to be as civil as possible. Sounds like he's hurting over being found out.
So cute that Santa followed you around.
----------------------
Good news with the neighbors. Think I over reacted. But still going to hold my ground.
The gs is supposed to go home tomorrow.
I had a long day with the doctor's appt. Spent an hour in the regular dr's office. Had my blood work drawn and after I told him I'd been having sharp pains in my upper chest he sent me down to x-ray. Was scolded about not getting my b12 injections, sigh, told him I'd been taking the vitamin B12 tablet--not good enough--as I'm still a bit anemic. Chest x-ray shows I have pneumonia, sigh, in the area where the pains are. The other lung is clear. I've been extra tired but not sick. He then sent me to have a cat scan done. Haven't received those results yet. It takes 48 hours.
Gyn visit went well. He scheduled me for a mammogram at the end of the month.
Visited with my gf. We went to eat catfish and the trimmings and as we were leaving in walked the pastor where I go to church and another male member. Told her I would miss her and when I got home she'd texted me that she was not going. I'm so relieved. She is not in good enough health to make that trip.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-04-2012 at 09:44 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #42  
Happy September

GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP. GOING TO THE OFFICE THIS MORNING.
THINGS NEED TIDYING UP FOR THE WEEKEND.
I HAVE A NEW MOTTO...
"YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ME WITH THIS CRAP" :cancer:
NOTHING NEW HERE & HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TOO

CEEJAY.....YOU HAD A BUSY DAY MY FRIEND.
I AM GLAD THE FRIEND ISN'T GOING. THAT WAS A LONG TRIP.
HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR HER STAYING PUT IN HER OWN PLACE.
HAD A LAUGH AT THE PASTOR AND THE CATFISH MEAL.
FUNNY WHERE YOU CAN RUN INTO PEOPLE.
REMINDED ME OF THE "FISHER'S OF MEN" FROM THE BIBLE.
HAVE A SUPER DAY AND I HOPE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER
CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WORKED ALL THOSE DAYS & WALKING AROUND WITH PNEUMONIA!!
PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF SO YOU DON'T END UP IN HOSPITAL
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #43  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Not really looking forward to going back to work today. I was hoping to not spend most of yesterday on my feet but that's how it worked out. Took Mom to the library to get some books to read while I'm out of the house and we also went grocery shopping. She's been quite tired lately and I was a bit concerned about this being too much for her but getting up and out of the house seemed to be just what she needed. She held up like a trooper and was all peppy even though her knees were bothering her. DH would say that she just needed to get some movement going. I'm pretty sure I have to work Friday - Sunday so it's going to be a long weekend. In other news my former partner in crime at my old job FINALLY was able to land a job in another area. It's a lateral move because people like us don't get promoted but I'm so thrilled for her because it's a very good thing. What's interesting is that she moved to the area that I left when I came to work with that team. They are talking about snow flurries this weekend. It's darn cold out there - was overcast and blustery yesteryday and more of the same this weekend.

*ding, ding, ding, ding* Patty mentioned the forbidden "C" word - I half expected the duck to drop from the ceiling and cannot get the theme to the Groucho Marx / You Bet Your Life TV show out of my head (Ok, so this is a reference to a comment made way back on 9/30 - I was just catching up on posts when I got back and got the giggles out of this one )

Gorgeous picture Mel. That's what things looked like out here last week when I missed them. So pretty with the lakes framing the trees in color. I think your new motto is an excellent one. Stick to your guns - people are so good at dumping stuff on others. Poor Jen - hope she will be ok. I was chastising Mom about her freezer before we left. Move one item and all this frozen stuff comes sliding out all over. Told her she'd get a nasty bruise if something fell on her. Do you get to see any colored trees out your way or is everything concrete gray?

Ceejay - pneumonia??? Please take care of yourself. I'm sure working 11 day shifts is not helping you get your needed rest.

Shad - I will have to check out the pics of your friend's new condo. Boy that's alot of money - hope it's not as pricy to maintain but good for her if she worked hard and saved to get to this point.

Laura - glad you and BF liked the knife / cooking class. We thought they were fun too and I'm sorry we were not able to take advantage of more classes. It's a nice thing to do together.

Time for me to hit the shower and make my lunch. Will catch up with the rest of you ladies tonight. Have a great day! Happy Friday.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #44  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Didn't make it back to finish posting yesterday as it was the day from H here at work. Came in at 7 yesterday and didn't get out of here till a little after 5. Ate lunch at my desk while working....sheesh...

Stop at the doc's office on the way in to work this morning to get my flu shot. More vitality points for me. I got a new crockpot with some of my points and it arrived yesterday. Very nice.

Since I didn't have to leave quite so early this morning I stayed back at Sissy's house this morning with lil man while she took the babysitting kids to the bus stop. We played on the floor for about 20 minutes. Sassy went to the bus stop with the kids as they fight over who gets to hold her on the way. lol. Lil man is crawling all over the place and pulling up to stand, won't be long now before he walks. Sissy is not cutting his hair cause she said that will make him look like a lil boy instead of a babe. LOL I agree...

Sissy and I are going shopping tomorrow so I can get a dress to wear to my son's wedding December 1st. Chris is watching lil man and his daughter Ainsley, while we shop. Sis is excited as she rarely gets out without the kids. We may linger around at stores longer than necessary...haha..and probably do lunch somewhere fun.

My allergies are acting up this morning and my left eye is itching like crazy. Bloodshot and swollen. Will take some meds shortly after getting this posted. Feels like someone socked me in the eye or a can of cat food fell out of the cabinet and hit me in the eye...lol JEN...

MELLIE...sounds like you made out at TJs since they were stocked up on everything. Poor JEN. That girl sounds like me...an accident waiting to happen...hugs to JEN.

CEEG...yuck pnuemonia, feel better and hope you got some good meds. Hope the scan comes back negative.

HAPPY...YAH!! You are back...missed your posting. Hope the 3 day work schedule doesn't completely wear you and your poor feet out. Glad momma is doing well at your house.

CHELLE....Santa loves you and cannot wait to live with you....THis month is going fast. Remember...don't let that no good a$$hole still one drop of you or your joy! P on him. Literally.

SHADDIE...hope work is getting better for you.

LAURA...hmmm...could of used some of the new knife skills on the way into work this morning. Some idiot woman came charging onto the highway going from the ramp to the slow lane then started to come on over in the middle lane...a, duh, hello, I am right here in this lane. I blew my horn she swerved back...and believe it or not I refrained from making naughty jesters at her. haha

ELLEN...come up for air.

Hi ya PATTY!

Have a great Friday/Saturday....

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #45  

Morning all. TGIF!!

Happy - Brrr, we've had chilly temps in the morning but not cold...yet. Wonder what the foot traffic will be in the shop this weekend. But you say the owner is building the online and "catering" side of things - you'll keep busy either way, huh? Glad your mom is feeling pretty good. Hope she got some good books that she can hunker down with over the weekend.

Mel - I love the TJ's bags! That's a very cute gift. With reusable bags becoming the thing these days, one could grow quite a collection. I was really on board with it when it first started up, but honestly, we go through quite a few plastic grocery bags just taking doggy for his daily walks and picking up after him in the backyard! And when we unpack the groceries, we always have some bags that have holes punctured in them from the contents they held and those go back to the market to get recycled. So we can barely keep up with the demand, LOL. But I do use the reusable bags for visits to the library, TJ's, and the resale shop. Hope all the PITA stuff is taken care of by the office before you take over for the weekend!! How does Jen's nose look today?? Poor thing! Hmmm, maybe the canned foods need to go in the lower cabinets, haha.

Ceejay - Pneumonia! Hope you don't have to work anymore of those marathon shifts - you need your recovery time! Glad to hear the neighbor situation is better, and I bet you're really relieved your friend is not moving to CO! All that stress of moving would not have been good for her health.

Hellos to Ellen, Patty, Michelle, Annie & Shad!
==
BF picked me up from the train and then we picked up his friend from the bus stop and then we went to Costco to fill my lens rx. Saving about 1/3 off what my old eye doc charged and even more off what the new doc charges!! Whoohoo!! Naturally they had to order my lenses - very strong rx, and toric lenses to boot for my astigmatism. Bf and friend went to a movie and I stayed home and did a load of my laundry. Watched another couple episodes of Good Wife.

Have to fast after 10 pm tonight and bf and I will get our blood drawn tomorrow morning for the company's health assessment. They're really pushing it - I'm receiving reminders in the mail at home, on my desk at work and via e-mail at work!

Okay, this is the weekend I'll put out some autumn decor!! Also have to get the remaining tomatoes and serrano peppers out of the garden - we're forecast for a freeze this weekend. And there's another flower bed to clean up.

Everyone enjoy their weekend!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote