Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #211  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SANDY IS JUST COMIONG ONTO THE COAST SOON.
I WOKE UP LATE.
PRESSURE ON THE BODY IS UNREAL.
GOTTA LOVE LIFE THRU CHEMICALS!
NO ONE CAME TO WORK YET EXCEPT MAINTENANCE.
I AM GOING DOWN NOW.
SEE YOU GALS LATER.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #212  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Gotta go for a boob squish today and run several errands so I can't spend much time on the computer. Last night we looked out the window and we had a HUGE black bear roaming the property looking for food. It was a very very big bear. If I had seen it when I drove up I would not have gotten out of the car. DH blasted the air horn at it but it came back again after 10 minutes. 2nd blast sent it packing. DH said the paw print (he checked this morning) is bigger than his size 11 shoe. Once we get a good snow they should go into hibernation but that may be several weeks out yet.

Mel - sending you good thoughts. The radar picture is scary out your way. Hang in there - I admit I never gave much thought to how the pressure would also be affecting a person. This is really frightening. Keep in touch as much as you can.

Ceejay - sending good thoughts for your grandniece. Wonder if you will get any after effects of Sandy - I guess it turned cold out your way. We can be mamogram partners today as I'm going too

Michelle - glad you got your packing done. Yes, it is difficult to imagine starting over just when you think your life has settled down but life takes twists and turns we don't always anticipate. Be strong things happen for a reason which is NEVER apparent at the time when the happening is a bad thing. But it WILL get better.

Shad - hope you had a decent trip back. Seems like you are having your own chaos right now. And yes, you should have your own comfy chair and privacy room at the airport Sounds like the garden did fairly well. As the winter chill moves in here it's hard for me to stop and remember that the summer heat is moving your way - hence the bean death, eh?

Annie - hope work is tolerable. The oregano brushcetta chicken is on the menu this week

Ellen - you sound like you are flying around as if you are in the center of hurricane Sandy! You remind me that I need to make dental appointments.

Laura - how did your weekend go?

Mary - hope you don't get bombarded with snow.

Hi Patty

DH is asking when I'll be ready to go so I'd better get moving.

Be safe Mel!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #213  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

After a very productive weekend of packing and taking several trips to storage and to Goodwill/Salvation Army, I can now say that I'm roughly 80% packed (not including the basement - but I'll come back for that stuff after I move). Just some odds and ends to pack up, which I'll get done during the week.

On Wednesday, I'm meeting with the landlord to pay the remainder of the deposit and first month's rent, and get the keys. We'll also do a walk-through of the place. I'll take some stuff over on Wednesday evening, Thursday evening and Friday. I'm taking Friday off to finish last minute packing and I'm hoping to schedule cable/phone/internet installation that day as well.

I've got to fess up here. I'm having mixed emotions right now. I'm very optimistic and am eagerly looking forward to the future, and I am also sad and still in disbelief that after nearly 23 years, I'm moving away from the man I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with. I just can't believe this happened to us. I can't believe we fell apart so completely, and something that was wonderful for so many years was destroyed in the last few years due to lack of communication and awareness that what we had was dying.

I hope you all are doing well!

Stay safe, Mel. I'm saying prayers for all my family and friends on the east coast.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #214  

Morning all.

Mel - Sounds like you're ready for Sandy with food and water. I sure hope you don't lose electricity! I recorded the newest Good Witch movie, and watched about 20 min of it last night - I also started dozing off, but due to a late night/early wakeup, not because of the movie.

Ceejay - I still iron every once in a while, but less and less. Last week when I ironed one of my cotton button down shirts, I decided for next time to try and sneak it in with bf's shirts to be laundered and pressed by the dry cleaner. Those places can't fit women's shirts into the pressing machines, so they charge more $ to press women's shirts by hand. But several of my shirts are styled just like the men's shirts - no shaping seams, pleats, or darts - so I bet they would do just fine. And I know I'm just as big as (or bigger than) some guys, so I know my shirts aren't too small for the machines!! Ugh, mammogram. Hope it's quick and no more pictures needed than necessary.

Happy - Yeh, the ads here make the pages get hung up, so navigating is a real PITA. Grrr. But thankfully I haven't had trouble with losing my posts, knock wood. OMG, a big bear - or ANY size bear - how scary! It would make me really paranoid about stepping outside!! Same for you with the mammo today - quick, and no re-takes needed. I have to get mine scheduled. Oh, BTW, I looked up the gyn doc you recommended, but she moved out to Barrington, and I don't want to have to trek out there. Not that it's really far, but just not very convenient. Boo.

Shad - Hope you had a good flight back to Darwin.

Ellen - You're your own tornado - a regular whirlwind of activity, LOL. Hope things settle down for a minute...

Michelle - Yay for getting so much packing done this weekend. I have to say that when you'd say, I'm xx% done, except for the basement, except for the crafts area, etc - it sort of reminded me of the infomercials - "but that's not all", LOL. I hope you can find the humor in that now that you're getting closer to being done - I know you had to be overwhelmed with the enormity of packing all your belongings. Big hugs to you - having gotten past the initial devastation of discovering what happened, you've got to feel blind-sided and shell-shocked that your marriage is ending when you never imagined another life.

Annie - Re C's daughter - I hate to hear when kids have a sense of entitlement to whatever the parent has. At a certain point in life, you are an adult, you are your own person and should strive for independence and be proud of it. I should think most parents want to be there for their kids if they are in need, but have hopefully prepared them to handle their responsibilities themselves. Okay, off my

Mary - Stay safe!! Hi Patty!!
-----
My weekend was alright. I went to a Zumba class Saturday morning. I'm feeling a bit rusty in all things physical, so I didn't feel like I got the best workout, but what do I expect when I haven't done much of anything lately?

Did some laundry and dusting during the day, along with a dog walk. Dinner with friends was alright - the restaurant didn't wow me at all. I ordered quesadillas and they looked identical to the tacos my friend D ordered! And I think I got two chicken and a beef instead of a chicken, a pork and a beef. It was also quite bland for Mexican food. The karaoke bar was also sort of ho-hum. It was the kind of place where the regulars seem to get preferential treatment. Meh.

Yesterday I lazed around all morning, and then bf and I went to his mom's for dinner - pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots - yum. Bf and I need to get on the ball with our cooking efforts - we're poor planners and shoppers. Sigh. We also watched the football game. The Bears barely won. Another sigh. Their record is not reflective of their performance, that's for sure.

When we got home, I took doggy for a walk. Bf realized he'd used the last of the dog food for doggy's dinner (see - bad planning/shopping), so I went out to buy some. And of course I didn't really have anything to bring for work lunches this week, so I bought some deli thins and veggie patties and baby carrots. I'd also bought some single-portion packs of cookies and pretzels from the dollar store the day before for a change of pace in the snack department. Not the healthiest stuff, so I have to get to the produce store for some fruit. While buying the dog food, I bought some spaghetti squash to try out for dinner - anyone ever use it as a substitute for pasta? What did you think? I might try it with some jarred TJ's bolognese sauce I've got in the pantry.

Okay, enough rambling and not enough working. Time to post!!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-29-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #215  
Happy September

JUST CHECKING IN. TAKING A BREAK FROM THE OFFICE WHILE PEOPLE ARE STILL HERE.
MY BOSS IS LEAVING IN A FEW. THEN MAINT. MEN WILL TAKE OVER. WE HAD TO LOCK OUR SLIDING DOORS.
THEY WON'T STAY SHUT. A MAN SITS IN THE LOBBY LETTING PEOPLE IN AND OUT.
GUSTS HAVE BEEN AS HIGH AS 60-70 MILES AN HOUR AND THIS IS NOT THE WORST OF IT.
THE TEMP DROPPED SO FAST EVERYONE IS FREEZING.
I AM TAKING A HOT SHOWER AND STAYING UP NOW. THEY CAN CALL ME IF HEY NEED ME.
THE ELEVATORS HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THE HIGH WINDS SUCKING ON THEIR DOORS TOO DOWN THE SHAFT.
I AM BETTER MAKING COMMAND CENTRAL UP HERE!!

RICHIE WENT OUT FOR MORE CANNED GOODS TO A SPANISH STORE HE KNOWS. LOTS OF BEANS!! ROFLMAO
POWER OUTAGES ARE COMNING UP THE EAST COAST BUT I THINK WE WILL BE OK HERE.
THANK GOD I AM ON THE HUDSON CLIFFS.
SO ALL IS WELL. JUST WET, WILD & WOOLY!!

HAPPY....SOME OF THE PICS ON TV ARE NOT DOING JUSTICE TO THESE GUSTS.
STUFF IS FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE. CAR DOORS ARE HARD TO OPEN AND SLAM SHUT. YIKES!!
HOPE THE BOOB SQUISH WAS OK AND YOU PICKED ME UP SOME GOODIES AT THE STORE!!
BUT I CAN DO WITHOUT THE FRASSING BEAR THANK YOU!! I HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH THE FRASSING SENIORS!!
STAY SAFE AND SHOOT FIRST!!!

MCHELLE....I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN WE BROKE UP.
THE NUMBER OF EMOTIOS YOU WILL GO THRU IS MIND BOGGLING.
DIVORCE WAS NEVER ON MY MIND AT ALL. I WAS A "EVER AFTER" KIND OF GIRL.
I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE DEALING WITH SO MUCH.
JUST FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT IS THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU. CRYING,
LAUGHING, SCREAMING....JUST LET IT OUT EVERY CHANCE YOU GET....EXCEPT AT WORK!!! LOLOLOLOL
STAY WELL AND JUST GO THRU THE MOTIONS RIGHT NOW.
EAT GOOD AND SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU CAN

LAURA....I ALMOST FELL OUT OF THE CHAIR LAUGHING WITH THIS LINE...
Bf realized he'd used the last of the dog food for doggy's dinner (see - bad planning/shopping),
OMG I CRACKED UP!!! THINGS HAVE BEEN SO TENSE HERE TODAY AND SAD WITH THE SENIORS THAT I NEEDED A GOOD BELLY LAUGH....EVVEN AT COALS'S EXPENSE...SORRY
DON'T OVER DO THE EXERCISE. EASE INTO IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO FLY OUT THERE AND SMACK YOU ALONG SIDE YOUR HEAD
SEND ME THE MEXICAN FOOD...I DON'T DO SPICY AND DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUESADILLAS & TACOS...
WELL THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME TO ME I SHOULD SAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-29-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #216  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Girls...not doing personals...just not up to it. Spent this morning in ER. Couldn't breath without my back putting me in crying hurtful pain...thinking it was another kidney stone...wrong and good, was back strain with inflammation. Got pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs...go home and rest...with the heating pad. That is what I have been doing since 11 am. BORED, but feeling better, of course with drugs. Going back to work tomorrow. BLAH...Stress does not help. I did apply for a couple of jobs on line...we will see.

SPECIAL NOTE TO MELLIE....stay safe and hunker down....let me know what I can send you to help out...

Heading back to the lazyboy...

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #217  

Oh gosh, Annie, I hope your back feels better quickly! How'd you strain it? Oops, don't answer that, just rest and get better!!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #218  
Happy September

OUICK NOTE~ JUST GOT A CALL TELLING ME TO CHARGE MY PHONE & CHAIRS.
THE COUNTY ABOVE US HAS OVER 12,000 PEOPLE WITHOUT POWER NOW.
GEEZ....AND SANDY DIDN'T HIT LAND YET!!!
IT'S DUE AT ABOUT 5 ISH.
SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #219  

Quick post.

Mel - sending you my phone numbers, work and personal.. Keepin you all in prayers... If you send something remember I can Fedx or ups if needed... ok, once we know they are up and running.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Keeping you and all those along the coast line in prayers. Also sending good vibes. Is Jen and Richie coming down to hunker down with you?

Happy
Had my boob squish today as well. Yes, it's turning colder here. Was 34 degrees this morning. Wow on the big black bear.

Annie
Sending you a hug. Ouch with the muscle strain. Feel better soon. Glad it wasn't a kidney stone.

Laura
Your quesadillas sound good. However I'm hankering a nacho bell grande.

I had good day today. It felt like I was skipping work!! Trip to Jonesboro was good. Had my boob squish then next door to get my b12 injection at the doctor's office. My neighbor went with me so I took her out to eat lunch. She wanted to stop by her friends house and by a book store. We're back home now. And I do not want to go back to work tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to mention that we had a 3.9 earth quake this morning. I heard something that sounded like air coming through the sewer pipe and then it hit the wall. It shook for about a second or two maybe longer.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-29-2012 at 05:39 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #221  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Mel, I hope everything is okay with you. The news looked really bad with the flooding and the power outs. Should I send DS2 over to give you all a hand?
Happy - big black bear, can only hope he goes to sleep soon, but I guess if you live in their territory you can expect visits now and again.
Laura - lol in sneaking your shirts into the laundry with the B/F stuff. It should work. Take the label out that states it is a size 12 or 14 or whatever. That sort of gives the game away.
Patty- hope you are managing to get some work done in between your jaunts to places exotic
Ellen - are you the one causing all the storm activity around the place>
Ceejay - always good to get the boob squish out of the way. I had a letter waiting for me when I got back stating that there were no signs of lumps or lesions after the last squish. That's always good to know too.
Annie - rest woman. Get the back right and then you can go **** for leather again. Have you thought about quitting the job and going back to CVS until you can find something else. You have a few extra things to put on the CV now I guess.
Michelle - It is always sad when a relationship dies, and communication is the most common cause of breakdowns. You get to the point where you feel that you know what is going on and what he/ she is thinking. What we don't work out is what is festering under the surface. This is not to say that I think you did anything in particular wrong. It would no doubt have worked if the g/f was not in the picture. But it didn't. You roll with the punches and get into a new groove. I am sure there is plenty of life and plenty of fun and plenty of new friends just waiting to be found. You can do this. You will be strong and self sufficient. You might find like me, that this gives you a freedom that you have never had before, never experienced having to fend for yourself. It will all become clear later in the piece. Hang loose friend.

Had a rotten day at work today. It's coming at me from all directions. I will not be beaten even if I have to work 10 or 14 hours a day to clear the crap.
DS1 rang this morning very upset. His partners mother passed away yesterday. She lived alone and had cancer. When I had lunch with her a couple of months ago, she mentioned that no-one seemed to realise how sick she actually was. It seems she was right. I would have liked to go to the funeral and could have made it if it was scheduled for Monday, but they have decided to go for Friday and to get there I would be paying out over $1000 in fares and probably have a 10 hour trip at the very least to get there. I sent some flowers to M and hope that she will be home to get them tomorrow.
Other than that, life goes along in its inevitable fashion and I am settled back into an apartment for the remainder of my stay.
So keep dry and safe and I will be back tomorrow at some point.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #222  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I hope you're doing okay. Please let me know if you need anything. Stay safe. Much love and many hugs to you.

I'll try and get back later...have to prep for a meeting.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #223  

Morning all.

Mel - Hope everything is okay with you and the building. Do you have Jen & Richie there with you to keep each other company?

Shad - So sorry to hear about the passing of ds1's "MIL". So sad no one understood how ill she was. Does that include the doctors too??!! My sympathies to your ds and his partner. It's a shame Sophia won't get to know her first hand. Sorry work is so rotten for you right now. Hope it gets less rotten very soon!

Ceejay - Yay for a good day! If you weren't, in fact, at work...you really were skipping work, LOL. After my disappointing "quesadillas that weren't", I'm jonesing for some real quesadillas. Earthquake!!!

Annie - How's your back feeling today?

Hellos to the rest of you. Michelle - we're supposed to be getting gusty winds and huge waves on the lake thanks to this Sandy storm. Our beaches and lakeshore paths are closed, but I heard on the news that there may be surfers out there anyway...crazy. I suppose you'll be getting more wave activity by you too?
===
Nothing much to report. I thought about going to a step class last night but didn't do it.

On Sunday when I was making the dog food run, I bought a spaghetti squash because for a long time I've been wanting to try it in lieu of pasta. Last night I microwaved it and had it with some TJ's bolognese sauce. I was very pleasantly surprised that it was so good and that it stood in pretty well for the real thing. Bf made some rigatoni for himself, but had a couple bites of mine and was also surprised that it was pretty tasty and had a good texture. I'd definitely eat that again, especially if it means I can have my side of garlic bread without guilt, LOL.

Nothing planned tonight. Bf moved some of the stuff in the yard out of harm's way or into the garage, so I hope we're set for the high winds we're getting. He also put the car in the garage - who knows what'll be flying around out there.

The movie chosen for tonight is "Argo", but I'll skip it because both bf and I want to see it, so we'll probably go together.

Okay, back to work. TTFN!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #224  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - My deepest sympathies to DS1 and his partner. I'll be keeping them in my prayers.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #225  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Hope Mel is ok. No doubt she has no power. That was quite a storm. I was watching a live telecast last night at 9pm based in NY as the storm rolled in. The water pouring into the tunnels was incredible. I heard they got about 4 feet of salty, corrosive sea water in the subway tunnels which is very troublesome. DH said even Rhode Island got battered and they were supposed to be out of the mess. I did look at the radar last night and much like I remember with Katrina, it was shocking to see how big the storm was. My sister in Chicago said she could see the leading edge of the storm clouds all the way out her way. I'm sure there will be some crazy fools trying to surf the waves on Lake Michigan and wind up getting themselves in deep trouble. I would sooner take my chances on the Atlantic Ocean over a riled up Lake Michigan. I hope Java is ok, holed up with the turtle camp and not in danger of the big snows they predicted out her way. My heart goes out to all of those affected by this storm. I hope they have a speedy clean up and return to normalcy. And I hope Mel keeps her sanity as she is no doubt riding around with a hard hat and head lamp - may your chair batteries hold out long and steady lady.

I am wondering why if this site bans political discussions, they allow political ads to be displayed Particularly since they seem to favor one party.

Shad - so sorry to hear about M's mother's passing. Is this Sophia's grandmother? What is disturbing is the comment that people did not realize how sick she was - is that because people were involved in their own lives and failed to notice? Very sad. I know that you will no doubt work 14 hours a day to get the project on track but I certainly hope you will not have to burn yourself out doing so. The assignments seem to get more intensive as time goes on.

Laura - I myself did not care for spaghetti squash although I do like other varieties. Goes to show you that sometimes you have to try something for yourself rather than rely on opinions although recipe suggestions are always welcome. I smiled at your comment the other day about you and BF not being meal planners - I have to admit with the abundance (and temptation) of so many take out food options up your way, I myself wasted alot of money on food when I lived up there. I'd buy groceries for the week and then often come home too tired to cook and it was just sooooo easy to pick up any number of things - pizza, sandwiches, ribs, pasta, etc. I am actually glad I can't do that any more. Our options are limited to Subway Mc D's and occasionally I'll get fried chicken from the deli at the local grocery store that DH likes. The burgers at the bars are generally good - especially the ones who make their own patties - but you of course have to go there to get them.

Mel - hope you are doing ok Should I send some dry towels and candles? I think the worst part is being without power. Scary too your description of the elevator struggling with the wind in the shaft.

Ceejay - where did the earthquake originate from? I heard the New Madrid was kind of quiet and there was a new area that was getting jiggly.

Annie - sorry your back went out. Scary that it affected your breathing too. I can't imagine you sitting and resting LIKE YOU SHOULD but I hope you are not pushing it and rushing back to work. You need to find a way to let it go and relax if the stress is knotting you up like this. Go play with Lil Man or C Hope you feel better

Michelle - of course it is normal to feel mixed up like you do. Here you are tooling along with life and the rug has been pulled from you. Yes, I do think sometimes in relationships we tend to take things for granted (I know I do sometimes) and while it's most important to communicate, sometimes people get wrapped in their feelings and either stop talking or feel the other person is not listening / understanding. It is always sad when a long term relationship comes to an end. But as humans, we don't stay the same people we were when we met and sometimes we can weather the storm growning and changing and sometimes not. It takes 2 people to want to make it work. This is a huge adjustment in your life and I don't think anyone who is in a long term relationship ever gives much thought about starting all over again - except for the person who wants it. I always feel badly for the person who gets blindsided. Just remember that there is a reason this is happening and you will be ok. Make the best of it and try not to dwell on the sadness or what could have been and instead focus on what you want next out of life.

Java - I hope you are not getting pounded by bad weather out your way too. Stay warm and dry!

Hi Patty and Ellen

I need to do some laundry, make some soups and call up the medical office and yell at them for double billing me.

Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote