Old 11-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Woo hoo - the long weekend is here! Don't know how much time I'll have to check in over the next couple days, but I'm not going AWOL. Still OP until dinner tomorrow and short week WI tomorrow morning. I'm not expecting much out of that, but better than after the feast!

Happy Thanksgiving, Carri and Mel! Carri, watch out for that pie and ice cream! And Mel, I hope you're improved enough to enjoy the holiday!

Arabella and Liz, Happy Thursday?! LOL!

auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #317  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for all the kind words and prayers. I am starting to feel a little better *knocks on wood*. I managed to have some chunky veggie soup for lunch. Now its dinner time so DH is going to pick me up a turkey sub,no cheese on wheat from subway. I am really hoping I can eat a little something tmw! But only seeing how the sub goes tonight will tell me if I can. I will try to update everyone tmw on how it went. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving or just a great Thursday tomorrow.
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #318  

Good morning! 2 lbs down today, for now, anyway... Gonna try to keep today's and tomorrow's damage to a minimum, hopefully...

Mel, glad you're starting to feel better!

Well, I'm getting ready to head out to shop a little. I really think the stores should be closed today, but Sears is open, and I'm going!

Have a fabulous day, all!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #319  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default I'm back!

Hi Lovelies -- I didn't have the best of vacations, totally my own stupid fault. I overbooked myself and, instead of making the experience as spa-like as possible, ended up just vegetating when I wasn't doing stuff -- watching too much TV and eating off-plan too much. I have returned, though, and I'm feeling clicked in and reenergized. Thanks be!

Mel, so sorry you've been feeling so awful! It's hard to believe that the doc didn't have a good and quick solution for you. Are you still all stopped up?

Auntie g, you're doing fantastic! Congrats on two more gone where the bad pounds go!

Carri, I concur -- Thanksgiving's only one day and why not celebrate. All things in moderation, including moderation.

Liz, I think I'll skip "Rethinking Thin." I know lasting change is possible, if not the most common result. I have to believe!

K, back to work for me. Happy Thanksgiving to my lovely American friends and, yup, Happy Thursday to you, Liz.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #320  
One Day at a Time...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am doing a little better everyday and that is def one of the things I am thankful for this year! I am currently watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade with the boys.

Auntie-Congrats on 2 pounds that awesome!!!

Arabella- Welcome back!!!!

Carri- Have a great Thanksgiving!

Liz- Hope you have a great Thursday!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #321  

Well, so much for minimizing today's damage... I feel like I could explode. Why in the world do we do this to ourselves? Sigh... I may not even be hungry by breakfast time, especially since that will be at 2:30am. Hopefully I'll burn a lot of calories shopping!

Arabella, sorry your vacation wasn't up to snuff, but so glad you're back and clicked! I'm going to be a mess tomorrow still, but Saturday I'm back on my "A" game, so let's do this thing!!!

Mel, did you get in a decent dinner? So glad it's getting better!

Well, I should be sleeping by now since I have to get up in 6 hours, but I haven't even looked at the store ads yet, so, off to do that. Happy Friday to all and "see" ya Saturday!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:03 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

auntie g - Happy shopping!!

Sorry I missed saying Happy Thanksgiving to all of you (at least I think I did) so a belated Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy your long weekend! As for me, weigh in day, 2.6 down, and into the 160's! YAY! There's a bug going through my house, I think I got about 2 hours sleep last night as Katie was up every 1/2 hour, I swear. SIGH - oh well!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #323  
One Day at a Time...

Auntie- Hope you had a good time shopping this morning... I was sleeping lol

Liz- OMG 160s! You are amazing! Are you still sticking with the diet and no exercise? I am sooooo proud of you! I am really sorry to hear about the bug going around, I hope you all feel better soon I know how much it sucks to be sick! Can we have progress pics?

I had a good thanksgiving, I was able to eat! I am proud to say I didnt over do it My weigh in is tmw but I dont know if there will be a loss, my stomach has been going up and down even if I dont eat so I guess until I'm totally back to normal my weight will be funny. Hope everyone has a great Friday, DH has to work until late which sucks. We got our first little bit of snow last night so I am going to put the Christmas tree and decor up today!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Mel - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and was able to eat! Great minds must think alike too, I've been dragging our Christmas decor out this morning. And yes all diet still, no intentional exercise. And also yes, progress pics are coming, I've been meaning to take some!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #325  
One Day at a Time...

Liz- I can't tell you how excited I am for you!! I can't wait until I am at the same place you are
Old 11-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #326  

We were out to dinner at our friends' last night. She cooks light, always, so was within points, even with a small piece of blueberry pie and about 5 potato chips. I'm excited about losing weight again -- can hardly imagine how over the rainbow I'll be when it actually HAPPENS.

I'm doing a lot of practicing for my choir's annual performance of Handel's Messiah next weekend. Crazy how quickly it's coming up -- we just got through our Remembrance Day concert and now the season has begun. Next weekend is also my mom's birthday and then DH's birthday comes up on the 16th and I always do a big dinner party for that. And interspersed are about 4 more parties, then NY Eve, which is our anniversary. I swear this year I'm going to be prepared for everything in advance.

Liz, congratulations! Wow -- 160s, eh? Fantastic! Oh gosh -- stupid bugs are everywhere, aren't they? Hope this one exits the premises pronto.

Auntie g, hope you've recovered from TG feasting and BF shopping. There must be crazy deals out there but it sounds like it must also be totally nuts. I'm going to see how much of my shopping I can do online.

Mel, so glad to hear you're on the road to recovery and feeling festive. I think I'll wait till tomorrow to go out to get lights. Saturdays will be getting too busy for my liking -- I like to slip out of the house, get to the store in five mins, get what I want, and get the heck back home.

Carri

One more and then I'm off for a little then and then ... more Saturday. Let's make this a good one!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #327  
One Day at a Time...

Arabella- That's a lot going on in December! Glad you had a great dinner last night.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Quick question for everyone....Have you ever ate dinner the night before (4-5 hours before bed) and woke up the next day and still felt full? I still have a "full" feeling this morning and my stomach looks it. I got to go to the bathroom some but I am going to drink some hot chocolate to get this going (got to love my TMI haha). But even with all that I am still down a pound, so I am 198.4 I am hoping to drop more over the weekend when this feeling is gone....my stomach has officially told me how much I can eat and its not as much as before my stomach issues and that's OK with me! Plus the fact that I was up most of the night bc of this "full" stomach feeling. Going out today to look for a 9 or 12 foot tree, DH is not happy with 7.5 ft tree we have....wish us luck lol
Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #328  

Good morning! My 2 day mess extended to a 3rd day, and I am feeling pretty awful again. Funny how it doesn't take long to undo progress... Back on board today - hurray! Aside from that, I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping. We covered a lot of ground and accomplished more than usual in the 2 day shopping frenzy. Now on to the cleaning and decorating...

Liz, congrats on the 160s! Woo hoo! How's your decorating going?

Mel, yippee for another pound off! Hope that stomach straightens out soon! How'd you make out with the tree?

Arabella, yes, December fills up fast, doesn't it?! Parties are definitely dangerous, but at least choir practice should be safe, right?

Carri, hope you're jumping back on for a few good weeks before we get our next holiday pass!

And away we go... Happy Sunday!

Last edited by auntie g; 11-28-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #329  
One Day at a Time...

Auntie- We got a new 9ft tree and put it up last night We still need to tackle the outside lights but we will see lol

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I really wish the weekend didn't go by so fast!

Last edited by Rtsmme4life; 11-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #330  

Thumbs up Sunny Sunday

Another stellar day under my belt. And that's including another dinner out, at the home of one of my husband's employees. I was very scrupulous about portions, spurned the bread, had a very small portion of a fruit and cream dessert. They're practicing Muslims, so wine was not an issue. Had one glass when I got home, but just one. So yay for me! Where's that "patting self on back" smiley?

I've got a new attitude/perspective motivation I'm using -- I keep reminding myself that I never have to worry about my weight again as long as I eat properly and exercise. And then I think to myself "Oh, I'm so happy that I eat properly and exercise and SO happy that I never have to worry about my weight again." It helps to keep me on track.

Auntie g, yeah, the parties seem like a minefield sometimes. I do best when I get my head around the idea of making a plan and sticking to it instead of just going "YIPPEEEEEEE!!! Let's hit the buffet!"

I see by your ticker that not only have you lost 13 pounds, you caught up with me while I stalled (I'm still up 2 from ticker). Well done, you! And you'll probably rocket past me this week but I swear I'll be right behind you.

Mel, yup, I know that bloated kind of feeling -- just means your digestive system isn't working as it should be. It sounds like you're gradually getting better though -- hope it's all fixed up ASAP.

Congrats on the loss -- bet this week you'll be so far into Onederland there'll be no looking back.

Right, then. I'm going to get back to the laundry and then maybe run out and visit my mum. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Lovelies!