Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy Birthday Madcat

I've had a good week end. It was to short however. We went to the mall to go shopping and I bought a couple of crew neck pull overs.

It's back to work tomorrow. I'm liking these 3 day work weeks, but that will end this week.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #137  
Smackin' into a Wall

Thanks guys! Yes, it is my birthday. The DH woke me up with presents and I've taken the day off work.

Sorry, I've been missing in action but my sister and I were in Washington DC for a couple of days. I won't go into details, but it wasn't the greatest trip. Enough to say that she really wasn't up to the exertion. It was nice to be able to go on a trip and spend time with her, but it has left me sad and concerned. It is what it is, though. Hopefully she will think she had a good time once she recovers.

Wow, isn't that a bright and cheerful note for my birthday? I'm going to go take my pity party to the gym, the one thing in my life I can control. Later chicklets. I'll try to come back to personals later.

Oh and Great to see you JavaTurtle!!!!!!!! Long time no see.

Last edited by Madcat; 10-20-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #138  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday Madcat (and also to Carla who deserved a better graphic than the one she got because I was short on time).

Hope you have a great day.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #139  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Chicks --

A quick check in for me. I'm doing a little better. Still have a bad cough and tight chest, and I'm really tired. But I'm upright and at work and being semi-productive.

I hope you all are doing well.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #140  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday My Friends.......

May have an interview on Wednesday at Humana (Health Services). The phone interviewer this morning set it tentatively for Wed at 9:00 am, and said the scheduler will call me to verify. I am waiting by the phone, she can call and verify any time now. I know patience...I have NONE. Need money, zero income, lots of bills.

MEL...My exercise has been close to none. I did stomach crunches a couple of days ago. Big Whoop!! As for Mr. Tony, I have not seen him since last Tuesday, cause I cannot chance getting sick. He is almost back to normal and he did go to work today. I am sorry your mind is in a funk. Sometimes drugs aren't so bad to avoid that feeling. "BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMICALS" is always my motto.

Shad...Dampier sounds like a cute place to visit....for a minute.

Happy...You can come paint my house when you are done with yours, that would be just great.

Madcat...Happy happy birthday, my dear!!

Michelle...Hope today is a feel better day for you. Hugs..

Well Ms. Bella just puked up yellow crap on the carpet. Guess I best get off of here and clean it up. Bleck!

Much love and hugs,
Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #141  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE..."BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMICALS" YOU CRACKED ME UP GIRL!!
GOOD LUCK ON THE INTERVIEW

HAPPY~ THANKS FOR THE HOW ARE THE REPAIRS FOR THE NEIGHBOR HOOD GOING AND DID THEY PULL YOUR SIGN ON THE LAWN DOWN YET???

MADCAT~ I DIDN'T THINK THE BIRTHDAY NOTE WAS BAD AT ALL...IT SHOWED A VERY CARING AND LOVING SISTER. I HOPE SHE HAD A GOOD TIME.

MICHELLE~ REST IS VERY IMPORTANT WITH THESE CHEST THINGS SO TAKE GOOD CARE. RECOVERY IS SOMETIMES SLOW AND DRAINING. EAT WELL AND SLEEP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

CEEJAY~ THE 3 DAY WEEK SOUNDS GREAT. ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!

WE HAD THE HORTICULTURAL MAN BACK AGAIN AND WE POTTED PAPERWHITES. AND A NEW VARIETY AT THAT. SUPPOSED TO BE YELLOW WITH ORANGISH CENTERS. I'L LET YOU KNOW IF MY BULB EVER BLOOMS!!

JUST HAD DINNER AND A QUICK SHOWER AND HAVE TIME FOR SOME MINDLESS TV TO UNWIND WITH.
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-22-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:59 AM   #142  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Finally, finally, finally when all hope was nearly gone, I have a login and a password all to myself. hallelujah.

Madcat - happy birthday. At least your sister is still functioning enough to push herself to the limit. She sounds quite impressive actually.

Annie - Dampier is not bad actually if you discount the flies and the heat. I must get around to talking about the salt pans one of these days. And now I have a log in, I might just do that. Good luck with the job interviews. for you.

Hello to all the others too, it has been a long and winding day. Think I might just pack up and go home early - well 10 hours is early is it not???

See you bright and early tomorrow.

Last edited by Shad; 10-21-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #143  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT SHAD IS LOCKED OUT AGAIN AND HERE SHE IS!! GUESS YOU MADE IT IN SHADDIE!! HOPE YOU GET HOME SAFE AND SOUND!
SEE YOU FROM "HOME".

SINCE I LAST POSTED, I WENT TO BED EARLY AND HAD A GOOD SLEEP....DRUG INDUCED. HAD TO TAKE A WEE BIT OF CODEINE. THE NECK ARM COMBO WAS HURTING AND I SAID SCREW IT AND GOT UP AND TOOK SOME MEDS. I NEEDED THE SLEEP AFTER YESTERDAY'S WORK.
NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY. TAKING A MELIDAY.
HAPPY TUESDAY!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #144  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much - just alot going on and I feel so behind in everything.

Mel, I am sorry you hit the skids again but glad that you took something to get a little relief and some all important sleep. Maybe it's time to reassess and make some changes to look after you a bit more. Have a good Meliday!

Shad, happy to see you back with us again, after all, you are the anchor "man" I take it that you are feeling somewhat better after your illness? Hoardes of flies does not sound like something I'd enjoy very much. Interesting how there are different annoyances as you go around the world. Are they bad drivers too? The people I mean, not the flies

Michelle - this pneumonia is just knocking the stuffing out of you And it's hanging around and overstaying it's welcome - not that it was ever welcome. You just make sure you get your rest because it seems that's all that will help.

Annie - good luck with the job interviews, I hope something comes through very soon. Can you at least get some unemployement comp? Not that it covers much more than groceries, but at least it's something.

Madcat - good to hear you got out with your sister. Maybe a trip sitting on the warm beach might have been more in line. It's good though that she is getting out some, recovery is always too slow for any of us.

Ceejay - I could get very used to 3 day work weeks, let's write our congressman

Hope you are enjoying your visitors Nae.

Big to Ruth

And with that it's off to work for me. Have a good one...

Oh and no one stole my yard sign or my car magnet (yet). In fact, I'm actually seeing them perpetuate themselves. A drive through the neighborhood yesterday confirmed that
Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #145  

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls....you can celebrate all week long....
Mel, you sound so tired before the election day even gets here you take care of yourself.
Annie hope the job interview goes well for you.... there is another great job out there for you!
SHad you sound so busy over there..... did you make it to the gym?
Happy you are so creative to add such great touches to the painting project. I am not very adventurous when it comes to painting. My house is still all white but I have such a great view I don't even notice it.
Nice to get a hi from Java...... greetings.
Good Day to all who venture this way today! Come back when you can say Howdy.
Peace,
Nae
Old 10-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello to everyone,

I've been bingeing the past couple of day and really don't know why though it may be the the don't care mood that I'm in.

More later.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #147  

Hello Ladies,

Where does the time go? We'll I finished my certification class. Got my C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager)... now just give me a raise
After that I got sick.. broke out in hives, Don't know if it was stress or what. I've broken out 3 times since then. Went to see an allergist, said i fell in the 30% of you'll never know why you broke out. Good thing, (i think), it's not food related, or maybe that is a bad thing Because of hives, have not worked out since Sept 5th. Today was my first day back... got sick, not hives but threw up. But i'm going back tomorrow.

Diyana - Hope your feeling better?

Ceejay - get out of that mood. Put on a happy face...

Shad - 10 hours is way to long, hope you get to enjoy your evening.

Annie - good luck with the job interview.

Happy Belated birthday to Madcat and to Carla, May all your dreams come true.

Hello to everyone else. I have missed everyone, and all the support you give. I'm getting back on track and I need you all.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #148  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Well well well, here it is Tuesday AGAIN, trash night. Didn't hear from the interview scheduler, so I am going to give the phone screener a call, I mean she did give me her number....

Shad...10 hr work days? Yes it is more than time to go home, altho there are 14 more hours in that day. haha

MEL...Drama..heck if it weren't for drama, most people wouldn't have a life. I detest drama.

Happy...Unemployment is taking it's sweet time. Since I got vacation pay that accumulated, unem said it could be mid to end November before I get anything. A person could starve by then, and let's face it, I cannot afford to lose any more weight...now that seems weird typing that.

Ceejay...stop that binge eating. I know I am not eating any more that I used to but not moving much and staying in my PJs all day, I am sure to get a fat arse, and other things as well.

1-day...Stress does cause hives. It took my docs about 1 1/2 years to figure out that was what was causing my hives. Put me on Buspar and things have been peaceful since. Do have anxiety attacks occassionally tho.

Michelle...Hope you are feeling better. Kind of worried about you, my dear, it is not like you to post, you must be feeling awful. God love ya...

Carla...I just noticed your cauliflower sheep on your avitar. Cracked me up. duh

I honestly don't know how people stay home and not work. It is BORING. I have cleaned til I am blue in the face, even lemon oiled my kitchen cabinets. You could eat from my toilets, yes it is that clean. All cleaned up and no one to visit. I am so far ahead on laundry, I don't have to do any till next week. haha Bella is getting way too spoiled, I can't even leave the room anymore, she follows me everywhere, and sleeps in my lazyboy chair when I am not in it. I even went to the library last night, I am so bored. Got 4 books on successful job interviewing. Read all that I can stand. At least Tony is coming over tomorrow night, haven't seen him since last Tuesday before he got sick.

Guess I will get off of here and quit b*tch*ng.

Light a candle and say some prayers...

Love and Hugs
Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #149  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thank heavens for....................
Steel cap boots. Means my toes are quite safe and comfy from all the frustrated wall kicking I have had to do.

Enough about my job and the vagaries of the No help desk (as in 'Welcome to the no- help desk. How may I not help you today?' The phone is running hot. The man from the IT Dampier desk is running instead of taking his time and the Perth (no) help desk is holding it's collective breath and huddled under the desk in case I ring AGAIN or appear in person.
Someone told me that the person I need to speak to is in Canada and therefore asleep, but I told them that provided that person was within a thousand mile kilometre radius of anywhere in Canada, I can arrange for them to be woken up - literally or figuratively. Being in Canada is no excuse for anything.
Due to the above, my R & R has been cancelled (someone has to keep them jumping through the hoops) and I will be here for the foreseeable future although I might cadge a couple of days in Perth as compensation. But I can't take 7 days away and still come back to this nonsense. In the absence of any stronger, I need a cup of tea.

Mel - yes I am in and on my own login again so I am okay for the time being. Thank you for your help. Hope the Neck/ Arm combo comes right for you. Rest is never a bad thing.

Happy - Yes thank you. My internal system is almost back to normal. I can eat again just like everyone else. Mind you after those tablets from the last resort first aid kit, everything set like wet cement and it took 4 days for that to come right even after the good food - lots of fruit and fibre content - chocolax stuff, mild exercise etc. Sorry if that is tmi.
Flies are sort of tapering off now. Seems it is a seasonal thing - but that is not to say they won't return. I hate them and will never get used to them and tend to carry flyspray rather than perfume - Eau de Dampier??
I joined the gym last night. Enough prevaricating. I will now need to get myself over there on a regular basis. The gym opens at 3.00am!!! I won't be there until at least 4.15. You know how I hate afternoon exercise.

Annie - things happen for a reason. Hopefully a neat job will come your way and soon - but unfortunately things always unfold as they should and can't be hurried. I have my - at the moment I've got other things crossed as well but that's another story.

Patty - good to hear from you and congrats on the certification. You and me both on the not working out.

Ceejay - time to get the head out of the cookie jar. C'mon - what good is the bingeing doing for you? Are you really enjoying it??

Okay - got to go. I'll be back. I don't think I have finished all the personals yet.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

I'm going to see The Eagles!!!! Well actually WE are going to see them as I need a driver

3rd row from the stage too. I get to stare at Glen Frey for 3 hours up close and personal.

This is my Christmas present from DH even though the concert is in 3 weeks. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited I don't even know if I will get to sleep.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-21-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread