Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #166  

30 min exercise, Day 3, 1 pauses left.
I don't know if I should take that pause or start over, but I guess I'll give it a shot...I slept late today and was not motivated to run the 5 miles I was supposed to today, so I ran 2.5, felt good too. Once I got started I might have been able to get it done, but I didn't want to suck up all that time. I guess if I had gotten up early I would have done it. I'll run the other 2.5 tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm ready for it anyway. I'm definitely going to repeat this week instead of moving on.
Good to hear from you Red! Giving love ALWAYS helps, even if it doesn't end happily, or doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes it gets hard to give give give, we can't all be Mother Teresa, but don't ever stop.
Anyway, your sense of humor is alive and kicking, that's great!
Shy, you are one amazing woman!
Hi Miriam, Jolly & Fish!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #167  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink

Day 4 is done on my In Memory of Mu Challenge. It feels good.
Will try to get in here sometime later today and write more. Later.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #168  

Hey all. Haven't written - didn't want to admit I was losing focus. Luckily, you are sent helpers when you need them - if you are willing to recognize them. I ate very poorly at the holiday picnic. Was home, and my sister was using the computer to register for our races. I was thinking of what I could make for dinner, and she was saying she didn't think she would need to eat again. Made me realize that my stomach was not hungry. My brain was. So, was able to not eat anything more. I need to focus on my eating My exercise is getting back on track as I can reach the gym, but the eating is definitely off. This is not looking to be a good week, and it is all my own doing. I need to recommit, refocus, restart my challenges, and kick some @$%.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #169  

30 min exercise, Day 4, 1 pauses left.
Today is not shaping up as an exercise day, I had an obligation this morning and now I have the kids so I can't run or go to the gym. Hopefully going to the beach soon.
Jolly, don't worry about it too much. Just do like you said, refocus, recommit. You can do it!
I got this quote from a fortune cookie, I really like it:
You can obtain your goal if you maintain your course.
Have a great week end everyone!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 07-05-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #170  
Never give up

Day 5 is done.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:13 AM   #171  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Wow Red - almost a week!Keep it up!

I feel rotten - darn headaches and lack of sleep. Hmph.
Didn't go to the gym today 'cause my ride flaked out on me and i can bear the walk form the bus stop to the gym - I get all sweaty first thing in the morning. Grr.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:26 AM   #172  
Never give up

Heh Miriam, but it's not a week yet and I am losing momentum already. The first few days were easy, but things are getting harder, especially because I feel fatter than ever. Still, I have to remember this is not about health and fitness and weight loss. I'm doing it in memory of Mu. It's the least I can do for a friend of 19 years. I will consider it a type of tribute, hardship on my part. Do hope you feel better!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #173  

Hey all. Restarting all of my challenges today. I will remain focused on them, and I will reach my goals. I will not be afraid of success.

All are level 3's
1) Follow workout plan - inlcuding daily stretching/core work
2) Count calories and stay on plan for all but one meal (under 1200 M-F, and under 1100 Sa-Su). Just to explain, counting calories is where I usually fall off. So, to get myself in the groove, I give myself one meal I don't have to count. Then, I can add it back in, without feeling hugely deprived.
3) No soda.

Have a great day all

P.S. I did my first 5 mile run yesterday, and don't feel half bad!!

Last edited by jollygirl; 07-06-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #174  
Never give up

Cool six days gone...

Well, I got through Day 6. Even got to the gym, though that's not part of my challenge. Now Monday morning and I'm sore but up and preparing to head to the gym once again, this time for jogging. I have noticed, gulp, how much fat has accumulated on my posterior. Gads. I figure the best way to get rid of that is through jogging and lower body weights, two things I've been avoiding.

jolly -- Good luck on your interesting challenges! And congrats on that run!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

As I searched for 21 day challenge thread, my first outbirst was "great to see that everyone is here: Red, Apple, Jolly, others.", moments later pressing the "POST" button I realized that this may not come accross as desired.
Actually I am very happy to see everyone. How have you all been???

I need to get myself back in here.
I am a bit jealous (in a good way), initially I started out as many of you, lost 20lb. I am so glad to see that you've all kept it off and doing well. I've gained it all back, all because I stop.
If I only knew a way not to find a lame set of excuses and stop.

A year ago around July 18th, I started. Well, I was smaller than I am now, and I did gain some during last year. This the time to start all over again, or perhaps continue things that were working!

Perhaps you may be interested to find out how my life changed during this year, so read on:

Few years ago, I lost a really good boyfrined as he married his wife, and felt that it would cause too much damage if he kept in contact. So we stopped talking, which was quite sad as we really understood each other well.
I did try to date many, but never liked anyone. Last August a guy wrote to me online, we talked, we met, and after 4 days he disappeared. It was so sad, so devestating. Interestingly for the first time in my life I could not eat when I was nervous and sad! So I went after him, found him, and talked. Turned out, he really liked me, but with much of prior bagage was certain that eventually we will break each others hearts. As the older one, he decided he will cut out at the begging. I was against it, and well long story short - we've been living togethre since September.
Have had our ups and downs, even now we are down, as we just argued.
Our major arguements are around my eating and lack of motion. Even he gained one size. His usual manifests are "you are already so beatiful, you do not really need this piece of cake", or " I don't want to watch you die".
I have had several problems with my knees, and as I turned 30 last December, I had found that more "bad" gest stuck easily.
Not for him, but for myself, or perhaps for both of us, I should be doing something.

It may be harder in some ways this time around, as I must have regard for "together" time, meals, and etc. I should say that he cooks well, and usually enjoys it. Luckuly he is not into pasta, and bread. He does not demand sweets, and such. He is big on meat, and if not trimmed, it can bear more calories than I should have. Portion control was easier to control back then, as I cooked only 'diet' things, so this may become a new challenge for me, who knows.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Simple Start for 7/7/08

Challenges:
A: H2O (Level 1)- drink 4 bottles of water per day
B: Time (Level 3)- do not eat past 7:30pm
Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #177  

Good morning all. Red, good luck with the running and weights. I can't believe the person who preached weight training to me needs to pick it back up Cbeta, glad you came back if you need the support. We're here for ya! Good luck with your challenges, and best wishes on your new relationship.

Here's to day one. I can do this. I will do this.

Have a great day all
Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #178  
Cynical RedHead

At least 3 servings daily of fruits/vegetables - day 6 completed (start 6/30) 1 of 2 pauses used
No fast food - day 7 completed (start 6/30) 3 pauses
Calories under 1800 - day 6 completed (start 6/30) 1 of 3 pauses used

This is just a quick post - I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I made it to the gym Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am taking today off! Maybe I will take a walk around the block during lunch, but am really fatigued today.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #179  

30 min exercise, Day 6, 1 pauses left.
Well, we did make it to the beach, and it was a beach that you have to hike in to, so I got my exercise in too! Oh it was soooo nice at the beach. Perfect temp, no fog. Ahhhh. Yesterday I made it to the gym, and this morning I walked. I think my running might need to be side lined this week, it's really hot even early in the morning, and we are also suffering air quality wise from all the fires. I felt after my walk this morning, I don't know why exactly, but I'm taking it easy this week to be safe. I also think I'll stick to the 4 mile week for another week or so before moving along. Don't think I'm ready for a 5'er yet, especially under these conditions.
Speaking of 5 milers JOLLY! Congrats on your run. That's great! You WILL do it, I have no doubts.
Hi CBeta, welcome back. I was thinking of you just the other day, I saw a guy wearing a Bay to Breakers T-shirt. You had mentioned that you might want to try it. I've always wanted to also. Maybe next year! Are you still in the Bay Area?
Hi Fish! Don't forget to rest if you are feeling fatigued!
Hi Red, you are moving right along. Keep it up. Get over the hump!!
Hi to everyone else!!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #180  
Never give up

OK. Seven days are done!! Hurrah. It hasn't been easy. But I did it. I have a whole month ahead of me. Birthday is Aug. 8 and that's my goal, to make it through clean until then. You bet.

Welcome back, CB.
jolly, best of luck on your new challenge. Fish, good work!
Closed Thread